Bubba deserves a rework

Dont know if you live under a rock or never tried bubba but hes is just incomplete I see and play him against or just enjoying being rank 14 at some point but it's not even fun anymore I'm rank 2 and forced to play with a setup for bubba and that setup is the only way I ever win as him because bubba is so slow at doing anything with the chainsaw I get my chainsaw ready I'm walking so slow survivors already on a window even if I get close its because I was really hugging their body and when I hit them with the chainsaw I have to wait until the chainsaw animation is done unable to stop or if there is another survivor I cant catch up to them even though I accelerate Asian use the saw I played Billy after maiming bubba for a while and yeah I can see a difference in my style of gaming.

Comments

  • Please,form sentences better. It makes it harder to read your post like this,and tell what exactly you want. Also,pretty sure devs said they are gonna rework hillbilly and bubba next so there's that.

  • ”I played Billy after maiming bubba for a while”

    why would you maim that poor soul

  • I’m waiting for the cannibal to get a rework too. I’m sure I’ve said this before but the original Texas chainsaw massacre film plays out like a game of dbd. It’s got the hook the double hit and the chase.

  • @Maperson said:

    How would you rework him?

    I would change all of his addons to replicate a perk. One makes it so if you down someone with the saw all survivors in the area scream, Infectious fright saw.

    One makes it so if you down someone you get 5% speed boost until you hit someone else, PWYF saw.

    Surge saw, etc

  • I really think that’s all they’ll do, his base power fits him.

  • @pseudechis said:

    I’m waiting for the cannibal to get a rework too. I’m sure I’ve said this before but the original Texas chainsaw massacre film plays out like a game of dbd. It’s got the hook the double hit and the chase.

    He needs insidious built into his kit imo, considering that first scene when homeboy wanders into the house. Also, I wondered if they designed leatherface while considering that chase with sally. If so, I don't think leatherface was failing to catch her... he was 'herding' her to the gas station, i think.

  • Full on rework for leatherface is not needed his power is fine. They should tweak numbers mostly. Also almost all the add-ons need to be changed. Make them different compared to billy. Acceleration and those add-ons that gives for example mangled when hit by the chainsaw should be changed. Maybe add-ons that make bubba faster when charging the chainsaw?

    Right now the only add-ons that are really good are the ones that reduce the time charging

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348225#Comment_1348225

    Honestly i think they should increase his speed From 87% to 95% and maybe speed up charging chainsaw, its just my opinion

    Speeding up the movement would be a good change too.

    @bingbongboi90 said:

    Full on rework for leatherface is not needed his power is fine. They should tweak numbers mostly. Also almost all the add-ons need to be changed. Make them different compared to billy. Acceleration and those add-ons that gives for example mangled when hit by the chainsaw should be changed. Maybe add-ons that make bubba faster when charging the chainsaw?

    Right now the only add-ons that are really good are the ones that reduce the time charging

    I agree tweaking numbers and addons is all he needs. He’ll never be top tier but he could be way better.

    Maybe an addon that if he successfully hits someone with his saw then it instantly stops? This could be a nerf in one way no more multi down, but it would save him time too so kind of a neat option.

    On the flip side an addon that tremendously increases his moving speed with each successful saw so you could possibly chain together saw hits? Getting two hits and then chasing down Dwight moving at 150% would be hilarious.

  • Bubba is crazy strong with the right build... I dunno are all these survivors potatoes? (Maybe they are, not being sarcastic.)

    Play with your food with obsession control and good addons and he’s a one hit down machine.



    https://youtu.be/7kP1wD7UXN4


    https://youtu.be/XJfYRRREooc https://youtu.be/zc09OEt6578 https://youtu.be/3FiqWTi-Bd4


  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348293#Comment_1348293

    Not every killer should be top tier, but there shouldn't be that much gap between them, i mean why i can't stop my animation when i down survivor? Why do i have to wait couple extra seconds in game where seconds are essential? I feel like you are punished if you use Leatherface power, i don't even need to meantion when je bumps into object..

    The tantrum could be tweaked and made “wilder,” and more random. Like instead of just being in spot what if he moved really quickly but the player lost control for 4 seconds. Meaning survivors in the area would be at great risk

  • @Spamela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347564#Comment_1347564

    He needs insidious built into his kit imo, considering that first scene when homeboy wanders into the house. Also, I wondered if they designed leatherface while considering that chase with sally. If so, I don't think leatherface was failing to catch her... he was 'herding' her to the gas station, i think.

    I don't think they were considering anything when they designed him....except "need new killer, chainsaw, reuse add-ons, lmao"

  • @bkillerc said:

    Bubba is crazy strong with the right build... I dunno are all these survivors potatoes? (Maybe they are, not being sarcastic.)

    Play with your food with obsession control and good addons and he’s a one hit down machine.

    https://youtu.be/7kP1wD7UXN4

    https://youtu.be/XJfYRRREooc

    https://youtu.be/zc09OEt6578

    https://youtu.be/3FiqWTi-Bd4

    The answer is yes. All of them were potatoes.

    I beat a Nemesis+PWYF Bubba myself a while ago. The second I noticed the first obsession change I knew what to do in a chase. Drop pallets early to avoid the stun similar to Spirt Fury - combine dropped pallets with windows to force the killer to use hammer if you can't keep the distance due to his speed and of course do gens outside a chase and hope no one else feeds him tokens. Easy counterplay.

  • @WokeNea said:

    Dont know if you live under a rock or never tried bubba but hes is just incomplete I see and play him against or just enjoying being rank 14 at some point but it's not even fun anymore I'm rank 2 and forced to play with a setup for bubba and that setup is the only way I ever win as him because bubba is so slow at doing anything with the chainsaw I get my chainsaw ready I'm walking so slow survivors already on a window even if I get close its because I was really hugging their body and when I hit them with the chainsaw I have to wait until the chainsaw animation is done unable to stop or if there is another survivor I cant catch up to them even though I accelerate Asian use the saw I played Billy after maiming bubba for a while and yeah I can see a difference in my style of gaming.

    I love Bubba, and he can be pretty good with certain builds, but god DAMN does he need a secondary ability and better add-ons.

  • The theory has always been Billy was meant to be Leatherface so when they actually got the license they were kind of between a rock and hard place. They couldn’t make him better, billy is already considered OP by a lot of players. So they watered down his ability, copied all of his addons because hey a chainsaw is a chainsaw, and got him out ASAP

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Here is a video to teach you the basics of how to play Bubba.

    https://youtu.be/YXqdpIYXmXM

    Sorry the file must be corrupted. Please ignore this and I'll just explain how to play him in the guide.

    First thing we need to discuss is the perks and add-ons you will need in order to play Bubba to his full potential.

    Perks:

    Pop Goes The Weasel (PGTW), Barbecue and Chilli (BBQ), Nemesis and Play With Your Food (PWYF).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9VPBW34TYKSC/20200608-192338.jpg

    PWYF is a Shape teachable and Nemesis is a Oni teachable. These two perks are the reason Bubba goes from a D tier killer to a low A/ high B tier killer.

    PWYF gives you a 3/4/5% speed increase when you lose the obsession in a chase. These are shown in the form of stacks on the perks icon. You can only have a maximum of 3 stacks at any given time. Any form of attacking action will lose you a stack of PWYF.

    Nemesis will allow you to swap obsessions if your stunned by a survivor. This can be by pallet drop, flashlight, Decisive Strike or Head-On. It will also give the survivor who stunned you the oblivious status effect for 40/50/60 seconds.

    PGTW is a Clown teachable which will allow the killer to regress any gen by 25% when kicked, 40/50/60 seconds after hooking a survivor. This perk is extremely good at slowing down the game.

    BBQ is a Bubba teachable. After hooking a survivor the auras of survivors outside of a 40m range will be shown to the killer. It can be countered by survivors hiding in lockers, perks or hiding behind gens. Everytime you hook a survivor for the first time you gain a stack. Every stack earned will increase your bloodpoints at the end of the game by 100%. You can earn 2/3/4 stacks per game, at 25% per survivor.

    Bubba's chainsaw by itself is quite weak. The problems are:

    • He gradually slows down from 115% movement speed to 86% movement speed while charging the chainsaw.
    • Hitting objects will cause him to have a tantrum. This lasts a few seconds but it can still down survivors.
    • He needs to be right behind the survivor (touching distance) before charging the chainsaw. He won't catch up to them otherwise when using it.

    These perks help negate most of Bubba's chainsaw weaknesses:

    • PWYF gives him the speed increase to get closer to the survivor quicker, meaning getting a chainsaw is a lot easier.
    • Nemesis allows you to create an obsession anytime you want. This will help a lot in building up PWYF stacks.
    • PGTW will give you the slowdown you need to help gain stacks of PWYF and to protect a 3/4 gen (which you want).
    • BBQ gives you the information you need to know where the survivors are (especially the obsession) and to know what gens they are working on.

    You NEED PWYF and Nemesis but if you don't have PGTW or don't want to run BBQ then here is some other good perks. These are in order from best to worst:

    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Infectious Fright
    • Monitor And Abuse
    • Brutal Strength
    • Enduring
    • Corrupt Intervention

    Add-ons:

    Charge Add-ons: (Carburetor Tuning Guide, The Grease, Primer Bulb and Spark Plug)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SLNE28XS5O2Q/20200608-203956.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K2ZJO1SXUS4J/20200608-204022.jpg

    Bubba's best add-ons are the 3 charge add-ons. These will allow Bubba to spend less time revving up his chainsaw before downing a survivor. Even just having the grey charge add-on is enough to stop a survivor vaulting a window.

    Here is a video showing the difference between no charge add-ons and the worst 2 charge add-ons.

    https://youtu.be/2cetF7TA3dw

    Movement Speed Add-ons: (The Beast's Marks and Knife Scratches)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SCWKRUU84TAN/20200608-202413.jpg

    The movement speed add-ons increase your movement speed while using the chainsaw, at the expense of charge speed. The movement speed add-ons must be run with a charge add-on. These are good for longer loops but you usually would prefer the charge speed. I personally don't mind these add-ons but definitely wouldn't say they are great. Don't get these confused with the Award-Winning Chili. This add-on is extremely bad and I wouldn't recommend ever using it.

    Bumping Add-ons: (Carburetor Tuning Guide, Light Chassis and Depth Gauge Rake)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SY5VLYZ3YBUE/20200609-230526.jpg

    The bumping add-ons are add-ons I've recently gotten to like. They are good if you make a mistake with the chainsaw but they are better for another purpose. If a survivor is near a locker while your using your chainsaw then they will jump into it to avoid the hit. If your a smart Bubba you'll hit to locker and have your tantrum which will hopefully lead to a survivor jumping out too early and getting downed. However an experienced survivor will know the exact time to jump out to avoid the chainsaw and the grab. If your running the bumping add-ons you recover from hitting the locker extremely quick, enough to mess with their muscle memory and get the locker grab.

    Cooldown Add-ons: (Carburetor Tuning Guide, The Grease, Shop Lubricant and Vegetable Oil)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8NJY34QH42PM/20200608-204210.jpg

    Lastly the cooldown add-ons. These add-ons reduce the time it takes to attack after finishing a chainsaw attack. The add-ons that focus only on cooldown are kind of weak actually and definitely aren't worth running. The only time I run either of these are when I'm using two grey add-ons as Bubba (Spark Plug and Vegetable Oil).

    Gameplay:

    Now that we understand what add-ons and perks to run, we must discuss other things to help improve you as a killer in general.

    Looping:
    • You want to have at least 1 stack of PWYF in every chase and maybe more if you can get it.
    • Look down if a survivor is vaulting a window. Gives Bubba extra chainsaw range on windows.
    • Never use the hammer unless absolutely necessary. These include someone who is already injured or you have no stacks and they are about to reach a pallet that you won't reach by just running.
    • Never respect pallets! If a survivor is about to reach a pallet and your behind them start revving the chainsaw. This means if they don't drop it you get a free down or you force the pallet drop and gain a stack of PWYF.
    • Be careful when moving around loops. Bubba's chainsaw has a very wide hitbox.
    • Kick pallets. Never use chainsaw unless you have no stacks. If someone tries to blind you at a pallet look down while chainsawing to avoid the flashlight beam. If the flashlight user isn't the obsession it's probably worth getting blinded so they become your new obsession.
    • Someone tries to loop a small tree/rock? Double back around to catch them off guard.
    During Match:
    • Always try and create a 3/4 gen. This is where 3 gens are near each other and you make sure they aren't completed. This will force survivors into one tiny area where you have hopefully gotten rid of every pallet. You want to stay at this half of the map for most of the game.
    • Find out who your obsession is immediately. Look at the menu once the game loads in and check which survivor is the obsession. You want to find your obsession as soon as possible.
    • DS, Head-on, pallet drops and flashlights are all ways to get stunned to create a new obsession. This is already described in the Nemesis section but I thought I'd mention it again.

    Now I must say you won't always do well. You need to play well especially against good teams. He also isn't a S tier killer so don't expect to beat any team easily. I'm also a new Bubba player myself (only started playing him a month ago). This guide is to show how bring a D tier killer who is known as a camper into a low A tier killer who ends chases in 5 seconds.

    Just to explain what I mean by A tier. I consider a killer in A tier someone who can beat pretty much any team, on any map and has really good snowball effect if played well. The only time you should lose is against a really good swf team or you make a lot of mistakes. S tier is killers who can beat any team, including good swf teams.

    If you want more proof of Bubba's ability you can watch this short video. I don't facecamp or tunnel and any mori's brought were because I saw keys in the lobby. These are my last 30 games as Bubba excluding one game where I got 0 kills (my fault for playing bad).

    *Warning red ranks may have been harmed in the making of this video*

    https://youtu.be/jOM96NV_1TM

    Hope this was helpful. Hope to see more Bubba's in the fog and I hope you all stay safe.

    I'm just going to accidentally leave this here. It may be proof that playing Bubba correctly makes him an A tier killer.

    In particular look at the video near the end in order to see what I mean.

  • @Maperson said:

    How would you rework him?

    Thanks for commenting, I first would look into fixing his power I mean a 1 hit machine should sound OP right? No it shouldn't but bubba shouldn't suffer a 45% sliced speed if you want to fix bubba make the speed at least 75-89% speed maybe 90 but may be OP so stick with 79 then fix his add-ons then fix the tantrum no way a tantrum should last a longer then a pallet stun I've recent been playing alot of survivor and not being able to hear bubbas chainsaw is annoying so maybe make it louder for survivors and less noisy for bubba himself and then fix his chainsaw hitbox I mean it doesn't reach far then fix add-ons so we dont die of a tantrum also add a woman skin for leatherface I would l ok ve to run around as that one scene where he was dressed a a female in the original because bubba has worn more then 1 piece of clothing so add more cosmetics also make him less perk dependent because I play him in rank 9 10 with no need for perks in higher ranks I never catch up with pallet after pallet and gen after 1.00sec after joining a game so yes I run usan bubba more then often I use iron madence because survivors think they can hide in lockers from fast boy bubba I mean freddy got a rework but bubba didnt he litterly sounds like a baby using his chainsaw he is the best killer in game but needs the attention to make that A teir spot.

  • His power is hard countered by pallets, vaults, lockers; changes I would recommend:


    1) chainsawing a locker with someone in it downs them and they spill out onto the ground.


    2) increase his movement speed while revving slightly.


    3) Reduce tantrum to 2-3 seconds


    4) Allow him to end his swinging early by pressing m2 again (the number of times you catch 2 survivors “out in the wild” is exceedingly rare.)


    5) when in chainsaw animation swinging you cannot be stunned by a pallet and always break it (currently a well timed drop can still stop you)


    6) rework his addons completely.

  • My idea pass by, no need to take it hard.

    • Chainsaw still able to hit multi survivor
    • Chainsaw doesnt cause instant down
    • Increase preparing chainsaw time
    • Preparing chainsaw doesnt slow down his speed
    • Hitting by chainsaw cause Exhausted, Hindered, Mangled, Deep wound effect until healed
  • Nemesis PWYF and you could debate a lot of the two other perks, is quite strong on him. Not top tier but really playable at all ranks and gives you a chance to win any game.

    His addons are the same. There’s two that are just obviously the best and no reason to ever run any others besides being out of them.

    So I think he’s pretty playable at all levels of skill but it’s really only with one build and one set of addons. That’s probably a good reason for a rework imo

  • I have heard this said, but never have gotten a source.

    Source?

  • @Maperson keeping his 115% speed while preparing chainsaw can be replace M1 entirely in chase (preparing time increase is to make up for that). After a hit with chainsaw, survivors get multiple effect (may be also add broken for 15sec, haemorrhage..) to increase the effectiveness of chainsaw hit.

    Just what I think, I dont even buy Bubba because power is too boring.