Pop goes the weasel and DS

Why did it take until a simple number buff for it to quickly become one of the best, if not the best, killer perks in dead by daylight? Was that extra time really all that needed to be changed for it to be viable. Looking at how a simple timer buff on pop made it so good, i think a decent nerf to ds is just nerfing its own timer. Maybe even a small change like 10 seconds less will help it not be anywhere as oppressive as it currently is

Comments

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342426#Comment_1342426

    No, invincibility means they have a hard reset button on the situation even if the killer plays well. Even if they play fairly. The invincibility you're talking about already exists with Borrowed Time, Adrenaline, etc etc. We don't need another form of it out there. It's painful, especially when you expect killers to suck on up to 4 of these. I played the other day in 8 games and EVERY SINGLE TEAM ran them. In most of those games, every single person ran them.

    Now, if they cared about not getting tunneled on hook, they could have run perks like Breakdown and Off the Record specifically designed for this. They didn't. They all ran this one perk. It's not because they care about fairness or just getting tunneled- everyone knows it's stupid powerful. It's extremely selfish to imply this kind of thing is fair. Especially when survivors are running at the killer or bodyblocking hoping to get to use it. It is an offensive perk and inspires offensive behaviour in the group that is supposed to be running defense.

    I'm just tired of getting into games where I see a team, some of them in the same clothes so I can't figure out who has just got off the hook and who does it, but then move into attack *whoops a dead hard!* but that's okay because I'm just going to hit them and *whoops a borrowed time!* and that's fine because I've hit them twice and now *whoops a decisive strike!* okay I'll just keep chasing and *whoops there goes two gens back to back* so it looks like I really need to catch this guy soon and *whoops a few pallet drops and another generator down!* but that's okay because I'm finally at him, hit him, drop him and boy oh boy does this feel good I'll just pick him up and *whoops a flashlight with odd bulb*.

    @TransverseCaster

    No. I am answering directly to the assumption you pose that for some reason a survivor gains “invincibility” powers. They do not.

    If you Are getting hit with DS you are doing something wrong. Why is it that killers in the red rank lobbies I play in know what to do? Seriously it’s not rocket science.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342399#Comment_1342399

    Unbreakable works more than once. You always get that +35% recovery speed even after you've used unbreakable, which is pretty huge (20 second recovery time as opposed to 30), and if it's not been used, you can put yourself to 99% recovery progress instead of 95% to literally be just a fraction of a second away and a very quick tap to get back up to get on your feet if you want to save it, which can make a difference, especially if the survivor on the ground has mangled applied to them and the killer is nearby (if the survivor does indeed have DS, the killer is probably going to be nearby).

    Actually I find myself running unbreakable for the healing speed and getting to 99% recovery rather than the actual "get up once" part of it. I only use actual unbreakable when there's usually no other option and as a last resort. Unbreakable + Tenacity is woefully overlooked and it has saved me so much so many times in a single match. Unbreakable as a perk does way more than it just being a "one and done" deal.

    @Sairek

    Unbreakable only picks you up once.

    Slugging puts you in dying state multiple times.

    It is often an abused mechanic by killers. No one that I know runs unbreakable simply because of the recovery rate. It is without a doubt more of a situational scenario than slugging itself which isn’t even a perk, it’s a built in mechanic.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342439#Comment_1342439

    @TransverseCaster

    No. I am answering directly to the assumption you pose that for some reason a survivor gains “invincibility” powers. They do not.

    If you Are getting hit with DS you are doing something wrong. Why is it that killers in the red rank lobbies I play in know what to do? Seriously it’s not rocket science.

    "No. I am answering directly to the assumption you pose that for some reason a survivor gains “invincibility” powers. They do not."

    First of all, you're not answering my post directly. You're pigeonholing a different meaning to "invincible". If someone has DS and Unbreakable, they are in fact invincible. They will get up. I never said they couldn't be dropped but that's irrelevant and actually even worse because the killer has to spend more time figuring this all out. You're still wrong because invincible is not the same thing as indestructible, which is what you're thinking of. And no, I assumed nothing and it's already apparent ipso facto how DS exerts invincible situations on the survivor side. If you've been coming to the forums then I know all of the situations have already been explained to you. DS is a broken perk, which does not even have a place in the game since tunneling off hook already has perks to help manage it.

    "If you Are getting hit with DS you are doing something wrong."

    This was just explained to you. Sometimes survivors are all injured but they're wearing the same costumes so it's impossible to figure out,coming from a corner, which is which. Many times survivors will use this and bait the killer into hitting them while they have this. It's not hard to do at all. Sometimes as a killer it's hard to keep up with how long 60 seconds is exactly. I'm not going to set an egg timer every time I drop a survivor. This statement is patently false, does not take into account the situations in which it is used, and blindly denies the fact that this perk is used incredibly often(I would wager more than any other) and is not so coincidentally the cause of much toxicity. In fact, if you can't hit a killer with DS and you really want to then you are doing something wrong.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342443#Comment_1342443

    "No. I am answering directly to the assumption you pose that for some reason a survivor gains “invincibility” powers. They do not."

    First of all, you're not answering my post directly. You're pigeonholing a different meaning to "invincible". If someone has DS and Unbreakable, they are in fact invincible. They will get up. I never said they couldn't be dropped but that's irrelevant and actually even worse because the killer has to spend more time figuring this all out. You're still wrong because invincible is not the same thing as indestructible, which is what you're thinking of. And no, I assumed nothing and it's already apparent ipso facto how DS exerts invincible situations on the survivor side. If you've been coming to the forums then I know all of the situations have already been explained to you. DS is a broken perk, which does not even have a place in the game since tunneling off hook already has perks to help manage it.

    "If you Are getting hit with DS you are doing something wrong."

    This was just explained to you. Sometimes survivors are all injured but they're wearing the same costumes so it's impossible to figure out,coming from a corner, which is which. Many times survivors will use this and bait the killer into hitting them while they have this. It's not hard to do at all. Sometimes as a killer it's hard to keep up with how long 60 seconds is exactly. I'm not going to set an egg timer every time I drop a survivor. This statement is patently false, does not take into account the situations in which it is used, and blindly denies the fact that this perk is used incredibly often(I would wager more than any other) and is not so coincidentally the cause of much toxicity. In fact, if you can't hit a killer with DS and you really want to then you are doing something wrong.

    @TransverseCaster

    So you say “it grants invincibility” but never bother to explain what that means and expect others to just assume you mean something else?

    You said “it grants invincibility and rewards survivors for being trash” which is untrue.

    How is a survivor who just got unhooked without BT suppose to avoid a hit, when there is nothing around them 100% of the time?

    “Oops that Claudette unhooked me without BT and I’m in a dead zone, guess I’m just trash.”

    Your bias is showing.

    Also if you can’t distinguish between outfits there are survivor icons at the bottomwith names. When you down someone it shows you WHO is currently down. Just a little tip for ya.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    DS in its current state is fine.

    Nice joke

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342426#Comment_1342426

    No, invincibility means they have a hard reset button on the situation even if the killer plays well. Even if they play fairly. The invincibility you're talking about already exists with Borrowed Time, Adrenaline, etc etc. We don't need another form of it out there. It's painful, especially when you expect killers to suck on up to 4 of these. I played the other day in 8 games and EVERY SINGLE TEAM ran them. In most of those games, every single person ran them.

    Now, if they cared about not getting tunneled on hook, they could have run perks like Breakdown and Off the Record specifically designed for this. They didn't. They all ran this one perk. It's not because they care about fairness or just getting tunneled- everyone knows it's stupid powerful. It's extremely selfish to imply this kind of thing is fair. Especially when survivors are running at the killer or bodyblocking hoping to get to use it. It is an offensive perk and inspires offensive behaviour in the group that is supposed to be running defense.

    I'm just tired of getting into games where I see a team, some of them in the same clothes so I can't figure out who has just got off the hook and who does it, but then move into attack *whoops a dead hard!* but that's okay because I'm just going to hit them and *whoops a borrowed time!* and that's fine because I've hit them twice and now *whoops a decisive strike!* okay I'll just keep chasing and *whoops there goes two gens back to back* so it looks like I really need to catch this guy soon and *whoops a few pallet drops and another generator down!* but that's okay because I'm finally at him, hit him, drop him and boy oh boy does this feel good I'll just pick him up and *whoops a flashlight with odd bulb*.

    You are overreacting and what you described makes me believe your issue is SWF rather than perks. Your situation is no different than 4 casual solos all being slugged by a slugging meta killer with powerful meta perks and ultra rare addons.

    It happens on both sides.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342462#Comment_1342462

    @TransverseCaster

    So you say “it grants invincibility” but never bother to explain what that means and expect others to just assume you mean something else?

    You said “it grants invincibility and rewards survivors for being trash” which is untrue.

    How is a survivor who just got unhooked without BT suppose to avoid a hit, when there is nothing around them 100% of the time?

    “Oops that Claudette unhooked me without BT and I’m in a dead zone, guess I’m just trash.”

    Your bias is showing.

    Also if you can’t distinguish between outfits there are survivor icons at the bottomwith names. When you down someone it shows you WHO is currently down. Just a little tip for ya.

    "So you say “it grants invincibility” but never bother to explain what that means and expect others to just assume you mean something else?"

    No. I expect for you to understand what a no-win scenario is and how being able to stab the killer and restart a chase if he knocks you in 60s would happen. Or the fact that survivors bully killers knowing full well the implications of running this perk, especially if more than one survivor has it activated.

    "You said “it grants invincibility and rewards survivors for being trash” which is untrue."

    It is completely true. You can play badly, on accident or purpose, and still the perk patches over that. It can flip games by itself. I've had scenarios where the stun alone allows all three survivors to get unhooked, comp a gen, cues an ADR on multiples, and they all get out because one guy hit his DS. I went from a 4k to being teabagged at an entrance for the countdown all because of one perk. Many such games.

    "How is a survivor who just got unhooked without BT suppose to avoid a hit, when there is nothing around them 100% of the time?"

    Now this is asinine because it ignores:

    A) pallets, vaults,windows

    B) Perks like Dead Hard, Lithe, Balanced Landing, and Sprint Burst all reset on unhook. Literally just run any one of these. Sprint Burst does enough for me alone.

    C) Bodyblocking tactics which are universal against good teams.

    D) Flashlights. These were intended to do what DS does but requires some courage and a little bit of placement to use. DS is just insurance for these.

    E) Ignores all of the other perks designed to help an unhooked survivor out even though you just mentioned BT, which is an insanely common perk. Other perks include breakout for auto-sabotaging the hook and off the record for stealthing away and letting the other survivor bait.

    There's so many things this one comment ignores.

    "“Oops that Claudette unhooked me without BT and I’m in a dead zone, guess I’m just trash.”"

    If you ignore all five of the things above? Yeah, you probably are trash in this case and it's very easy not to be trash by looking for these five things that can make that situation recoverable without DS. You don't need DS to get away from an unhook. At all. It's a coddling perk for people that like abuse any given situation as survivor.

    "Also if you can’t distinguish between outfits there are survivor icons at the bottomwith names. When you down someone it shows you WHO is currently down"

    Hold my hand: I was obviously talking about what happens when two people are injured and one person is unhooked. This means they are both in the injured state. This means it's impossible to distinguish if they're wearing the same outfit, which has happened to me quite a few times. Especially when the Feng Min costumes dropped. I've never been so frustrated at something so adorable.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342439#Comment_1342439

    You are overreacting and what you described makes me believe your issue is SWF rather than perks. Your situation is no different than 4 casual solos all being slugged by a slugging meta killer with powerful meta perks and ultra rare addons.

    It happens on both sides.

    "Your situation is no different than 4 casual solos all being slugged by a slugging meta killer with powerful meta perks and ultra rare addons."

    "It happens on both sides."

    You're inspiring me in ways I should not be inspired. Tell me more about these addons and meta perks that you find so vexing. Which killer is the most painful with them?

  • DS needs adjustment. I don't see the issue with pop. Pop only really becomes an issue if your'e too afraid to take a hit and run away instead of committing to the generator. If the generator wasn't that far along, you didn't lose much.

    As for DS - I like @ScottJund idea. It SHOULD be made an anti tunnel perk. He recently did a video about it...well, it was partly someone else's idea, but he added interesting aspects to it. Literally every strong killer perk is INSANELY conditional to function, therefore DS should be too, given it's strength.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PugO7ovhaYY

    EDIT: Also BIG KEKW TO PEOPLE SAYING BBQ IS SOMEHOW OP.

    LOLOLOLOLLOOLOLOOOLLOOLOOOLOLLOOLLLLL

  • @Frankie

    I saw this video too and I really like the idea that the timer stops when you get tunnelt and the perk deactivates if you do something like repairing. It’s fair for survivor and killer

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Frankie

    I saw this video too and I really like the idea that the timer stops when you get tunnelt and the perk deactivates if you do something like repairing. It’s fair for survivor and killer

    Yep; and there's no reason even the most diehard DS users who defend it blindly shouldn't support this either. Since their main argument is always "don't play like a scumbag, don't tunnel". Well hey, those offers total tunnel protection.

  • That’s right. And I don’t like to get tunneled and have to look at the timer if it make sense to take the hit to use the DS last second

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342474#Comment_1342474

    "So you say “it grants invincibility” but never bother to explain what that means and expect others to just assume you mean something else?"

    No. I expect for you to understand what a no-win scenario is and how being able to stab the killer and restart a chase if he knocks you in 60s would happen. Or the fact that survivors bully killers knowing full well the implications of running this perk, especially if more than one survivor has it activated.

    "You said “it grants invincibility and rewards survivors for being trash” which is untrue."

    It is completely true. You can play badly, on accident or purpose, and still the perk patches over that. It can flip games by itself. I've had scenarios where the stun alone allows all three survivors to get unhooked, comp a gen, cues an ADR on multiples, and they all get out because one guy hit his DS. I went from a 4k to being teabagged at an entrance for the countdown all because of one perk. Many such games.

    "How is a survivor who just got unhooked without BT suppose to avoid a hit, when there is nothing around them 100% of the time?"

    Now this is asinine because it ignores:

    A) pallets, vaults,windows

    B) Perks like Dead Hard, Lithe, Balanced Landing, and Sprint Burst all reset on unhook. Literally just run any one of these. Sprint Burst does enough for me alone.

    C) Bodyblocking tactics which are universal against good teams.

    D) Flashlights. These were intended to do what DS does but requires some courage and a little bit of placement to use. DS is just insurance for these.

    E) Ignores all of the other perks designed to help an unhooked survivor out even though you just mentioned BT, which is an insanely common perk. Other perks include breakout for auto-sabotaging the hook and off the record for stealthing away and letting the other survivor bait.

    There's so many things this one comment ignores.

    "“Oops that Claudette unhooked me without BT and I’m in a dead zone, guess I’m just trash.”"

    If you ignore all five of the things above? Yeah, you probably are trash in this case and it's very easy not to be trash by looking for these five things that can make that situation recoverable without DS. You don't need DS to get away from an unhook. At all. It's a coddling perk for people that like abuse any given situation as survivor.

    "Also if you can’t distinguish between outfits there are survivor icons at the bottomwith names. When you down someone it shows you WHO is currently down"

    Hold my hand: I was obviously talking about what happens when two people are injured and one person is unhooked. This means they are both in the injured state. This means it's impossible to distinguish if they're wearing the same outfit, which has happened to me quite a few times. Especially when the Feng Min costumes dropped. I've never been so frustrated at something so adorable.

    @TransverseCaster

    Im going to refrain from saying what I want to say because unlike you, I actually know how to carry a conversation without calling someone “trash”.

    I just asked you how do you propose an unhooked survivor who was just unhooked, without BT to prevent them from being tunneled with NOTHING around them, which is very frequent.

    You point out 5 things which are not a part of that scenario.

    My guess is you don’t. You don’t understand why this perks exists in the first place. How a hook can spawn next to absolutely nothing and how Camping and Tunneling is rampant in this game.

    Then again, you are also the one who is using the “I couldn’t tell them apart because of their clothing” excuse. So I wouldn’t expect any less.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    No perk should remove the opponents objective progress for simply doing your own objective. A good killer will always and I mean always down survivors quickly.

    PGTW needs to be redesigned into something like overcharge, if you miss a very difficult skillcheck then the progress is removed. I don't like the perk at all, I feel like it carries killers that are high mobility and that means it was not well thought out.

    Problem is, that there is no really good alternative to PGTW. Dying Light is a contradiction in itself, and other Gen stalling perks are either destroyed in 14s, work only at the beginning, require multiple perk slots to work or are just not good enough.

    I know how strong PGTW is on mobility killers (man I play Freddy a LOT) but slower killers need that longer timer. I can understand you want do make it somewhat consistent and like a reward, but that skillcheck mechanic is not working against good Survivors. Same for Overcharge. I hit that skillcheck most times, I only miss sometimes when I'm not prepared for it or if it is one of Doc's Skillchecks where it comes reverse and as soon as it can be. And what is the problem at high ranks? Time. If you are not fast enough to apply pressure or are unlucky to find no one you need every tiny bit of regression you can get. PGTW is the only thing I can rely on to help me going against my time problem even if I do a good job.

    The Devs said they'll gonna change the early game (like they did with EGC). Until then, PGTW should stay as it is. But after the rework I am open for changes.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i always viewed pop as a top tier killer perk for gen slowdown ever since its release.

    i think the reason why it wasnt very popular was, as it's been completely overshadowed by the old Hex:Ruin.

    the number buff was nice, but its not the main reason why the perk got very popular all of a sudden.

    More because it was the only good thing that remained to slow down gens.

    The other options require multiple perks, are a contradiction in themselves (DL) or are just not good enough at high level play.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Are 10 seconds really killing you?

    You can't leave the survivor slugged on the floor for 10 more seconds?

    I laugh at killers when they say "Survivor Immunity" because slugging isn't an option.

    I completely forgot this game bans any killer who slugs and it's not an efficient strategy and need to find another excuse to have DS nerfed.

    You CAN get cocky plays with DS. Hell I did them and was on the receiving end of those plays too. But these are only EGC cases for me since I do not tunnel early or mid game. I can understand Killer's who talk of an immunity, but you are also right that, as killer, you can always slap the person instead of grabbing them and slug. Except for the locker, but honestly... I'm so glad that you can't get around DS that way.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342457#Comment_1342457

    Unbreakable only picks you up once by yourself but it helps you recover from the dying state multiple times regardless. Either way, just because you don't know anyone personally who runs Unbreakable for the recovery speed doesn't mean it's not useful. I mean, how many people do you know who also run Tenacity? Yet I've found that Tenacity has ironically saved me more times than DS itself has. Almost just as consistently too. Highest record I've had so far was it helping me nine times in a single match against a slug-happy Ghostface who was rocking Knockout.

    I'd actually recommend trying unbreakable and tenacity together some time for a little bit. It's certainly funny when a killer takes eyes off of you for 15~20 seconds and you're just gone ready to be tapped up and they spend another 40 seconds just trying to find you. I certainly wouldn't call it meta by any means, but I certainly wouldn't call it bad. Not as bad as people claim it is, anyway.

    Are we really calling slugging an "abused mechanic" by the way, when anyone who complains about DS always gets the sound advice of "JUST SLUG" as the be all end all counter to the perk?

    @Sairek

    I'm not denying that Unbreakable has its uses.

    I am simply pointing out that yes, more than often slugging is abused. Killers slugging for DS isn't what I am talking about. I'm talking about slugging at 5 gens.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1339365#Comment_1339365

    I bet you could buff distortion to unlimited and BBQ would still beat distortion for pick rates. BBQ is godly.

    Unlimited Distortion would be incredibly overpowered with Object of Obsession. Their pickrates would outclass BBQ pickrates by a lot, almost everyone would run this combo.

  • @Frankie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342577#Comment_1342577

    Yep; and there's no reason even the most diehard DS users who defend it blindly shouldn't support this either. Since their main argument is always "don't play like a scumbag, don't tunnel". Well hey, those offers total tunnel protection.

    Last night, someone unhooked a survivor in my face.

    Being the nice, friendly killer I am, I went after the unhooker rather than the unhooked.

    Downed them, and promptly got DStriked.

    What a scumbag tunneler I am. 😣

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1339450#Comment_1339450

    Unlimited Distortion would be incredibly overpowered with Object of Obsession. Their pickrates would outclass BBQ pickrates by a lot, almost everyone would run this combo.

    Make it so OoO can't be disabled with other perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338359#Comment_1338359

    60 seconds is also long enough for me to get unhooked, work about 40% of a generator (30 seconds or so), get downed, and get up for free with unbreakable (whether by myself or being tapped back up) and still have a few seconds of DS left to spare.

    And I know I can do this because I do it all the time. Not like killers have the time to sit over my body or in a general area for even 30 seconds if the other 3 survivors are pushing generators and even if they did do that, when I get unhooked, I'll still have DS again.

    Something needs to be done to prevent survivors being able to have this "immunity" time with DS and just shove generators with no regard to the killer and yet punishing the killer for it who otherwise is appropriately slapping my ass to the ground like they should be doing when I, who just got unhooked goes immediately back on a generator.

    Or to be more precise, perhaps second chance perks in general need to stop having so much synergy with each other like how synergy with gen slow down perks and add-ons were gutted. Facing multiple second chance perks as killer is equally as obnoxious and oppressive as multiple gen slowdown perks and add-ons were as a survivor.

    When did gen slowdown perks get gutted

  • Other way around OoO should disable a players control inputs altogether and give stealth killers triple BPs.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338349#Comment_1338349

    You CAN get cocky plays with DS. Hell I did them and was on the receiving end of those plays too. But these are only EGC cases for me since I do not tunnel early or mid game. I can understand Killer's who talk of an immunity, but you are also right that, as killer, you can always slap the person instead of grabbing them and slug. Except for the locker, but honestly... I'm so glad that you can't get around DS that way.

    "Except for the locker, but honestly... I'm so glad that you can't get around DS that way."

    This is one of the ways DS is most abusable. AHGHGHAIEAK I hate it so much

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    DS in its current state is fine.

    DS rewards getting hooked, which is an action that shouldn't be rewarded.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343075#Comment_1343075

    What makes it "abusive" though? You call it abusive but you've never really said why.

    What about survivors? Getting flash light saved against a 4-man SWF when I haven't even gotten a single hook and they used a Haddonfield offering while I'm playing Clown and one of them is running OoO ain't fun either, but I wouldn't claim survivors are abusing anything -- even if they're all using a third party program like Discord to communicate with each other.

    ...Stretched resolution and seeing what killer you are facing with Notepad on the other hand...

    @Sairek

    Abusive means that you can literally die from just remaining in a dying state...from how much you’ve been slugged. There are killers who know how much pressure you can create from slugging (that’s great) but doing it over and over without repercussion shouldn’t be a thing IMO.

    We can argue that this is a part of the game, but as you just presented an example yourself of what you think could also be abusive, which is also a part of the game. That’s fine, but I wouldn’t say it is comparable considering how difficult it is to get a flashlight save and easy it is to look up and deny a flashlight blind (at least for me).

    Anyway, I’m not trying to compare apples to oranges. I am giving you my reasoning as to why I think slugging can become an abusive mechanic.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342705#Comment_1342705

    "Except for the locker, but honestly... I'm so glad that you can't get around DS that way."

    This is one of the ways DS is most abusable. AHGHGHAIEAK I hate it so much

    I just don't like being slugged. And no, I hate Unbreakable. I rarely get to use it so I don't waste a perk slot for it unless there is nothing else I like more. So it's the locker for me.

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1337353#Comment_1337353

    Except Overcharge is flat out trash, since Survivors can hit the skillcheck while running away, and any Survivor even halfway decent at this game won't miss the skillcheck 9 times out of 10.

    Also keep in mind; PGTW is almost an 'anti camp' perk; the Killer has to move away from the hook to kick a generator, unless he just goes for whatever gen is closest..which would probably waste the perk anyways. And in this era of exit gates being powered in under 5 minutes, Killers need SOMETHING to slow down generators.

    To say 'Killers stopping me from doing my objective is unfair' is silly. That's literally the Killer's weapon as he works towards his goal of killing you. And even Killing Survivors slow down the Survivor's objective.

    You know how you counter PGTW? You run as far away from nearly-completed generators as possible. This way, if the Killer wants full use, he has to cross the entire map, which gives your team time to unhook and heal you. To expect PGTW to be nerfed simply because you want faster games is silly.

    That sounds reasonable to me - if you are good enough at hard skillchecks then you are rewarded. Isn't that the premise of people defending PGTW? I'm not asking for killers to let survivor do the objective, but removing objective already done is a big issue for fast killers with BBQ. It is borderline OP on a Freddy, but on a Trapper it is meh.

    Guess what happens if everyone is constantly running away from a gen when someone is being hooked? The objective doesn't get done - Killer most definitely wins.

    "To expect PGTW to be nerfed simply because you want faster games is silly."

    Well.

    The same could be said about DS: "To expect DS to be nerfed simply because you want to tunnel freely or kill faster is silly."

1 2 3 ›