Slugging Mechanic Suggestion
I've had this idea for a long while, but after my two rando teammates and I ended up in a predicament where a ghostface had all but one downed, then slugged and found the final one, then proceeded to teabag on our bleeding bodies, I felt I needed to share this idea in hopes that the devs can add it to prevent slugging further.
Proposed solution:
- For each survivor beyond one downed, recovery speed is increased by 6%.
- If multiple people are slugged, the survivor who has been downed the longest can fully recover.
It's a simple solution, but I feel it could be a tremendous help to counter slugging en masse.
An example to put it into perspective:
You face a slugging insta-down killer, you attempt to help a random being slugged, but are of no avail and get downed. Now, there are two slugged. The first person downed can now fully recover and you both have a 6% recovery speed increase.
Then for more drastic circumstances,
All four of you are slugged, and the killer refuses to pick anybody up. Then, you all gain an 18% recovery speed increase and the longest downed survivor can fully recover. Once they are up, the next longest downed can recover and so forth.
Comments
Survivors ds has a counter just slug
Survivors i hate being slugged punish slugging slugging is toxic.
This has nothing to do with decisive. This is about slugging without hooking. You can make it about decisive if that's what you want, but why would you slug more than one person if there's a decisive present? Also, I'm a killer main. I'm having a very hard time interpreting what you're trying to format in this comment, but I'm coming from a very killer-sided point of view on this. As killer, there is no need to slug more than one person for more than a moment.
Yeah, no. I've had games where survivors burned Petrified Oak offerings and we ended up on Lery's (either due to RNG or one of them burning an offering). Hooks are sparse on that map now even without Petrified Oak. The survivor's offerings force me to play a slugging match in those situations. In one match, when I hooked the third survivor, I picked up the fourth, looked around, and had to drop them back on the ground because, despite having used only one hook during the match, there was no hook close enough to put them on. Nah, they don't deserve a get-out-of-jail free card for that. I had to play around the mess they made, and that meant slugging. I shouldn't be punished for using the only option available to me.
Sure, it's not fun being slugged when I play survivor. It's why I've so often equipped Unbreakable and saved it for the last second before I fully bled out in those situations. I usually got killed in the end, anyway, but at least the killer who left four people slugged on the ground to bleed out was forced to find me and chase me down again. Or the few times I've been slugged, no Unbreakable, and I crawled to the hatch and escaped that way. Those moments felt pretty awesome.
Slugging counters DS. Slugging is useful sometimes to slow down the match. And slugging is necessary when there are no damn hooks. Sure, it sucks when a killer is a dick and slugs everyone and leaves them to bleed out, but I haven't been in those situations that often. Sorry if you're unlucky enough to encounter that a lot, but that doesn't justify nerfing such an important mechanic.
Well, if your intention is to prevent it, why not instead of the slugged people being able to get up, just sacrifice all Survivors and end the match? That would probably be fairer and accomplishes the same.
For instance, if everyone is slugged for more than 1 minute, more than enough time to reposition and get an Unbreakable off, all Survivors are sacrificed EGC-style and the match ends.
That's a hook based problem. That's a different issue that needs addressing in a different way. Although, I understand it is painful to have no hooks nearby, that just sounds like a very coordinated team and something you'd have to outwit. I face saboteur teams with offerings sometimes, once on Lery's and I only let them get one successful hook break and save. And they had all the works. Breakout, dead hard, saboteur, and whatever mystery perk they chose for their fourth. I didn't slug more than one person for more than a few seconds to check if anyone was nearby. That just sounds like being outplayed right there. Whereas, slugging 4 people and letting them all bleedout with hooks nearby? That's just toxicity, not outplaying. The reason hooks have distance is so that there is a chance of escaping the killer grasp. And not to mention, hooks only disappear for a short moment that's far less than a minute. So, survivors won't disable your hooks for long. And even then, you can drain their resources of toolboxes and they aren't completing gens, giving you more time. I don't see how your issue got to you so bad? If you got that outplayed, I'd give them props. Trying to sabotage all the hook nearby of a survivor can be extremely difficult as you don't know which way the killer will go. It just sounds like you were predictable and got pitted with offerings, which I think is annoying, but fair.
Interesting idea. I think it could potentially work as an alternative, but it definitely would lead to killers attempting to slug purely to win a game in that manner.
They didn't sabotage anything. They weren't a sabotage team. Anyway, the specific time I was referring to was after the Lery's rework but before the change to Sabotage. The reworked Lery's is just terrible for hook spawns sometimes on it's own. It becomes really bad with offerings. I wouldn't say I got outplayed, either. They were counting on being able to waste my time by forcing me to take long walks to hooks and/or them being able to wiggle off my shoulder. I didn't give that to them. I killed them all. Two bled out while I was chasing the others, got the last two downed, hooked the one with more time left on their bleedout timer, and then the fourth one bled out when there was no hook close enough. Slugging them rather than searching for hooks and/or letting them wiggle off was the smart play.
Oh I see. Well then, the problem is no longer the same in terms of sabotage. And furthermore, this is a hook problem. Not a slugging issue.
Unfortunately, this is the new direction the devs are taking with hook spawns, and that direction means changing slugging would require huge changes to the killer's arsenal to make up for nerfing a mechanic that killers are designed around having. There are perks to help killers slug and perks to help survivors when slugged. Most killers don't slug all four survivors and leave them to bleed out, it's bad for Bloodpoint gains and emblem scores. During all the time I've played this game, I could count the number of times I've gone up against a 4-man-slug killer on one hand.
Slugging would need to be made less necessary before it could be nerfed (or at least at the same time as it's nerfed). In that way, bringing up hook spawns is actually on point. I mean, I guess they could nerf slugging first, but given how few killers there already are on PS4 and how many of the ones I do see go afk mid-match because they're miserable... nerfing first and adjusting later seems ill-advised. I enjoy instant killer queues but it's such a pain trying to get survivor challenges done.
As a survivor, I'd love it if slugging were made unnecessary and removed from the game. It sucks to be on the ground unable to participate. But I understand why it's done. My suggestion in the past has been that a survivor should be able to "concede" if they've been on the ground for a certain amount of time, getting their points and moving on to the next match but leaving behind a husk that bleeds out just like a normal survivor does. That is usually met with cries of "can't you wait four minutes??" Well, yeah, but... I'd rather not. It's a game, I'd like to play it.