Ultimate Hatch Rework! Please Read!
THE HATCH:
As we all know the hatch is a survivors' last ditch effort of escaping. However there is one problem, it's very hard to balance it where it's a 50/50 for both sides. Developers, we know your struggles, but I think that I have the PERFECT fix. Yes, you heard me right... I said PERFECT!
NEW EFFECTS FOR THE END GAME:
The moment that the 2nd from last survivor enters phase 3 of sacrifice, it will begin to rain blood and the sky will randomly flash white, this represents lightning!
THE HATCH REWORK:
(IF THE HATCH HAS ALREADY SPAWNED IN THE MAP): The Hatch will sink into the ground and reappear somewhere in the map with a relative equal distance from the survivor and killer. This prevents the survivor or the killer from memorizing the location of the hatch and racing to it.
(IF THE HATCH HASN'T ALREADY SPAWNED IN THE MAP): The Hatch will appear somewhere on the map with a relative equal distance from the survivor and killer.
(IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED ENOUGH GENERATORS TO SPAWN THE HATCH): You'll need to repair more generators to get the hatch to spawn but careful, you have a death timer.
DEATH TIMER:
The survivor will have a 4 minute death timer that only the survivor can see. This will be located underneath your health state icon, it will be colored orange to avoid confusion if your in dying state. The timer will only be paused in these conditions... Being chased, in the killer's grasp, in dying state, working on a generator, or opening the exit gates.
CLOSING THE HATCH: The killer can close the hatch if (s)he finds it first but completing a generator will reopen the hatch. This gives the killer time to search for the survivor instead of camping the hatch.
REPAIR SPEED BONUS: The final survivor will be granted a 50% repair speed increase, this effectively decreases the repair time for generators by 40 seconds. This allows the final survivor to punish the killer if the killer keeps closing the hatch.
If there are any questions or confusion, please ask!
I will not respond to uncivil comments or questions! Thanks!
As we all know the hatch is a survivors' last ditch effort of escaping. However there is one problem, it's very hard to balance it where it's a 50/50 for both sides. Developers, we know your struggles, but I think that I have the PERFECT fix. Yes, you heard me right... I said PERFECT!
NEW EFFECTS FOR THE END GAME:
The moment that the 2nd from last survivor enters phase 3 of sacrifice, it will begin to rain blood and the sky will randomly flash white, this represents lightning!
THE HATCH REWORK:
(IF THE HATCH HAS ALREADY SPAWNED IN THE MAP): The Hatch will sink into the ground and reappear somewhere in the map with a relative equal distance from the survivor and killer. This prevents the survivor or the killer from memorizing the location of the hatch and racing to it.
(IF THE HATCH HASN'T ALREADY SPAWNED IN THE MAP): The Hatch will appear somewhere on the map with a relative equal distance from the survivor and killer.
(IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED ENOUGH GENERATORS TO SPAWN THE HATCH): You'll need to repair more generators to get the hatch to spawn but careful, you have a death timer.
DEATH TIMER:
The survivor will have a 4 minute death timer that only the survivor can see. This will be located underneath your health state icon, it will be colored orange to avoid confusion if your in dying state. The timer will only be paused in these conditions... Being chased, in the killer's grasp, in dying state, working on a generator, or opening the exit gates.
CLOSING THE HATCH: The killer can close the hatch if (s)he finds it first but completing a generator will reopen the hatch. This gives the killer time to search for the survivor instead of camping the hatch.
REPAIR SPEED BONUS: The final survivor will be granted a 50% repair speed increase, this effectively decreases the repair time for generators by 40 seconds. This allows the final survivor to punish the killer if the killer keeps closing the hatch.
If there are any questions or confusion, please ask!
Comments
The blood rain and thunder is a really unnecessary cosmetic effect. Plus it would look dumb on the indoor maps.
The death timer is dumb, I dont like it at all. One of my favourite parts of the game is sneaking around repairing generators when I am the only one left and the Killer is desperately searching for me.
Repair speed bonus is unnecessary, theres already a perk that does exactly that.
Other than that, not bad.
The blood rain won't rain inside (It would look very stupid), but windows that lead outside will appear red and sometimes the ceiling will leak a drop of blood.
The timer prevents you from making the game last way longer than it should last, there has been multiple cases where a survivor wasted 30 minutes of my time just stealthing around to a point where I just gave up and DC'D. Besides, 4 minutes is a lot of time for you to stealth around, if it isn't, sorry, you took too long! Can't win every game!
The repair speed gives the survivor a way to punish the killer for closing the hatch multiple amount of times. Additionally, the killer will be patrolling generators and a extra repair speed can mean the difference of escaping or not. Besides, Left Behind can be reworked in the future!
Thank you for the civil feedback, I appreciate that!
The death timer will be paused when you're working on a generator or opening the exit gates. If the killer just sits on the hatch then you'll be able to power on all of the generators easily, especially with the repair speed increase!
Thank you for the civil feedback, I appreciate that!
Cool not sure if they could make this work and us not suffer from more fps drop. Awesome visual though.
The idea of it changing spot not bad but we have had pig traps, hooks, and chests in inaccessible map spots. I could see some issues with this.
This is just another boost for the killer to help secure the kill. You have to hit and run when trying to get the last generator. Try these mechanics against the nurse, billy or infinite tier III myers
Killer closes the hatch and you used up a few minutes finding it and have to hit and run for a generator it gives the killer an easy undeserved kill.
. The easiest solution is the current one wait either side out or don't. I've waited killers and survivors out but only if the killer was scummy or the survivor sandbagged teammates and stayed hidden for the hatch escape. Other times i nodded, hit them and left or made a move to bait them.
. You have so many opportunities to escape, even if the killer finds it first.
Secret escape i don't know about. I don't want to insinuate you play at certain rank levels but good killers will be ridiculous with these mechanics.
Besides, it should be hard when your 1v1ing a killer anyways since the killer is the power role.
Yeah tell me about it 3 players dc 20s in the match because it was the clown with ruin. I broke his totem and fixed 2 generators and got the hatch 27 minutes later. Yes, lets add 4 more minutes to that experience!!!
I wanted to make sure people knew they can disagree with me.
My Mom thinks i'm special!
I noticed you said JK so i wasn't offended by that comment.
The game lasted that long because i had to hit and run with the killer to get my two generators because my teammates were dcing babies.
If most Killer mains had their way.:
No selfcare
no sprint burst
no ds
no bt
no dh
no lithe
no bnp
no flashlights
no toolboxes
NO HOPE
Think i'm exaggerating read the threads on this forum.
I actually agree with @chemical_reject in both respects. I do however feel you and I chemical, would feel the ban hammer!
I have problems with the game to but most of the time it's toward the game itself. Like the frame rate. The totem spawn points. The ridiculous hitboxes. I can admit when I earned hits but sometimes I get hit when I'm like already away....
The hatch is the least of the problem though, loops, framerate, no dedicated servers, time management and dcing are the real issues with the game. The hatch is a situational problem. Just like ds. They have given the numbers that 2 kills and 2 survives is the average game. DS nerf will not change it but many think this is the ultimate solution. Many want any chance that keeps a killer from a 4k eliminated. When and if it ever gets to that point, guess what you have no one to fill your lobbies.
Usually what happens is I can work on a generator and even complete it....well then the killer heads my way and and it's game over (even if it was the 5th gen. Theres only 2 doors. A nurse or billy can just run between the hatch and either door). Or I run all around and look for the hatch but only find it because the killer is standing on it and not going anywhere. Then I feel stuck. Yep I can do a gen but then (see above) my only chance is it sneak up and try to get the hatch real quick before they can see me. (I try to seek up when their back is turned ) but if they see me. BAM hatch stand off.
It made endgame perks a lot more desirable the only on the killer side but the survivor side to. I'm not just talking about the commonly used ones like noed, remember me and adrenaline
Wake up: to open up gate a lot faster which would help if they are closer together.
Hope: the speed boost could have really helped from getting one area to another.
Dark sense/bitter murmur: helps get the location of the opposing team allowing you to manoeuvre around them or catch them.
absoluteley not
Id be fine with keeping DS as is if there was a perk that truly countered it. Not a strategy such as "drop and pick up, but a perk that truly countered it. For example a perk that made it impossible to escape the killers grasp, but reduced the killers movement speed by 50 percent while carrying a survivor. There. Done. Gets around DS, but with one hell of a drawback
You have like 4 threads about "reworks" that are all literally just giving killers free kills.
Putting a death timer on the survivor just means they die if the killer stands on the hatch. That's kind of dumb.
Letting killer mori on last hook without an offering is also dumb. You can still get away if they pick you up on your last hook. Bodyblocking is a thing and so are flashlights. But if you could just 2 hook and mori everyone then it becomes a bit bogus for survivors. Makes tunneling all that much more effective, and it's already effective enough.
Stop making threads with bias "suggestions".
Just like how survivors sit on the hatch for their free win now.
uhh? okay? I dont know were your mind set of everything revolving around you came from but no i am not
I just had something to say about one of your posts and said it just mad you cant take criticism huh?
LOL how am i salty you are clearly a salty survivor main who thinks killers are op and i am simply rebutting with my own opinions if you cant take that get off a forum were people can post openly
How about killers can grab within the exit gate walls and in a 10-foot radius of the hatch. This prevents the standoff. I know it is killer sided, but if the killer swings (M1) the survivor escapes. The Killer (E) for the time being like dead hard, goes into a grab. They have a small window where the survivor can evade and are locked in the movement for a few seconds so it has to be timed right.
This works so survivors who will not leave run the risk of getting grabbed and the killer can make a last-ditch effort that actually means something. Give and take for both teams.