Matchmaking

Matchmaking is just so ridiculous you can't try a new killer because you get to play with only red ranks when you are not even a purple rank

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Bought the game back in December, finally decided to try it out today. My very first match ever (rank 20) and I got matched against single digit ranked people. Makes me not even want to play. To be fair at the end of the match they felt bad and also complained about the matchmaking.

  • It's the deranking killers that's screwing up the matchmaking for everyone. I'm a green rank survivor and I've gone up against prestiged killers and strong killers, both with learned perks and rare add-ons, and majority of them are no higher than rank 15. I'm not sure if the algorithm the game uses sees it as "well since they're good, we'll match all lower ranks with more skilled survivors, or if the devs changed something to make it a mixed bag of matchmaking. Either way, it's not good or fair to anyone just starting out with the game.

  • BHVR has said they are working on a new matchmaking system. No idea when it will be. Killer is pretty awful to play until then. We should all just play survivor, not like we need killer players or anything.

  • @TheWind said:

    BHVR has said they are working on a new matchmaking system. No idea when it will be. Killer is pretty awful to play until then. We should all just play survivor, not like we need killer players or anything.

    They've confirmed that it should be implemented within the next month.

  • I just finished a match. Survivors were 2 purple, one green (me) and a rank 16. This Billy definitely knew what he was doing, because he had very good map pressures. We managed to get to 1 gen left and he got the 4k (or is it 3k, because the entity killed me on expired Endgame time). Billy was ranked 17, but played more as a purple ranked killer. And this is why we're getting baby killers against super survivors and vice versa.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    It's the deranking killers that's screwing up the matchmaking for everyone. I'm a green rank survivor and I've gone up against prestiged killers and strong killers, both with learned perks and rare add-ons, and majority of them are no higher than rank 15. I'm not sure if the algorithm the game uses sees it as "well since they're good, we'll match all lower ranks with more skilled survivors, or if the devs changed something to make it a mixed bag of matchmaking. Either way, it's not good or fair to anyone just starting out with the game.

    I dont think thats it. I play solo and frequently get matched up with low ranks, im r1 when i try hard. And as r1 killer ive had games against all manner of colors.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    It's the deranking killers that's screwing up the matchmaking for everyone. I'm a green rank survivor and I've gone up against prestiged killers and strong killers, both with learned perks and rare add-ons, and majority of them are no higher than rank 15. I'm not sure if the algorithm the game uses sees it as "well since they're good, we'll match all lower ranks with more skilled survivors, or if the devs changed something to make it a mixed bag of matchmaking. Either way, it's not good or fair to anyone just starting out with the game.

    It's SWF that ruins the matchmaking generally, but yeah.

    When I'm super low rank, every game is "Three red ranks and a level 20". The only time I get a normal spread of survivors is when they're not grouped.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333839#Comment_1333839

    It's SWF that ruins the matchmaking generally, but yeah.

    When I'm super low rank, every game is "Three red ranks and a level 20". The only time I get a normal spread of survivors is when they're not grouped.

    Those arent necessarily swf tho. Ive seen that happen playing survivor and i run solo. Even if we assume the other 3 survivors are swf then the game still should match another low rank survivor for them so its at least somewhat even

  • @Supremewaffle013 @Pinkytwigosh I'm sorry that your early experience with the game was so negative. As others have said, matchmaking is a complete dumpster fire right now, and we have been yelling at the developers about this for a while. There is supposedly a solution coming soon.

    I promise not everything about DBD is this much of a disaster.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333932#Comment_1333932

    Those arent necessarily swf tho. Ive seen that happen playing survivor and i run solo. Even if we assume the other 3 survivors are swf then the game still should match another low rank survivor for them so its at least somewhat even

    If it's a 3-man SWF, then the matchmaking indeed typically gives me an equal rank person as the 4th. Similarly, if there's no SWF at all, I'll get an entire survivor group of roughly equal rank.

    At least in my experience, the matchmaking actually does work reasonably well except with SWF groups containing extremely disparate ranks. (Or at really, really off-hours)

    (For reference, I'm east cost US)

  • @Deadman316 said:

    It's the deranking killers that's screwing up the matchmaking for everyone. I'm a green rank survivor and I've gone up against prestiged killers and strong killers, both with learned perks and rare add-ons, and majority of them are no higher than rank 15. I'm not sure if the algorithm the game uses sees it as "well since they're good, we'll match all lower ranks with more skilled survivors, or if the devs changed something to make it a mixed bag of matchmaking. Either way, it's not good or fair to anyone just starting out with the game.

    If killers are de-ranking en-masse enough to screw up matchmaking that should probably indicate to you a symptom of a problem more than a problem in and of itself.

  • image.jpg

    It is so bad. I deranked from this game!

  • @sizzl3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V1XZJNYURJMM/image.jpg

    It is so bad. I deranked from this game!

    Forget the rank, you killed 2 of them 🤷‍♂️

  • Well said... Oh and hows you're games going...

  • Its ok. Got 45 recorded.

  • O... M... G

    It's going to be hell to go through

    And I haven't even played any games yet

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344854#Comment_1344854

    O... M... G

    It's going to be hell to go through

    And I haven't even played any games yet

    Nah. Its nice and neat in excel. I csn just email it to you when were at that point

  • [email protected]

    I've made a starting point for mine... just gotta play some games to see if I have good enough tracking

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    [email protected]

    I've made a starting point for mine... just gotta play some games to see if I have good enough tracking

    Got you. Ill try and get some more recorded this weekend. Im a little burnt out so i might put it down for a few dsys

  • Same here... for me I've been working in the mornings... so it's hard to play sometimes

  • @Deadman316 said:

    It's the deranking killers that's screwing up the matchmaking for everyone. I'm a green rank survivor and I've gone up against prestiged killers and strong killers, both with learned perks and rare add-ons, and majority of them are no higher than rank 15. I'm not sure if the algorithm the game uses sees it as "well since they're good, we'll match all lower ranks with more skilled survivors, or if the devs changed something to make it a mixed bag of matchmaking. Either way, it's not good or fair to anyone just starting out with the game.

    A lot of killers get fed up with reaching rank 12 and going against a wall of red rank Survivors so they take a break from the game or switch to Survivor for a while and after a couple rank resets they're back down to a level where they'll hopefully be up against at least green rank Survivors.

    DeadByDaylight   5_11_2020 10_24_38 PM.jpg

    Prime example of the current killer situation. This was last month at rank reset and the reason many killers stop playing for a while and then come back after a couple months so they don't have to deal with this kind of game at least for a little while.

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333839#Comment_1333839

    A lot of killers get fed up with reaching rank 12 and going against a wall of red rank Survivors so they take a break from the game or switch to Survivor for a while and after a couple rank resets they're back down to a level where they'll hopefully be up against at least green rank Survivors.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EEUNHETPTKL1/deadbydaylight-5-11-2020-10-24-38-pm.jpg

    Prime example of the current killer situation. This was last month at rank reset and the reason many killers stop playing for a while and then come back after a couple months so they don't have to deal with this kind of game at least for a little while.

    Yeah that looks awful

  • I've gotten used to it

    I found no use complaining about it... I've become numb to the fact that I won't be able to start playing on another account (even though I could)

  • Bad Matchmaking.png

    Yep. as a survivor I am an okey rank and I also meet lowrank killers from time to time. quite alot actually. here I am killer and this is very similar to the last 4 games in matchmaking!. it's not fun to play!

  • From my estimates the rank system seems to mess up around rank 1 and rank 2. I have had similar experiences all today and I genuinely feel bad for these killers who are learning or advancing throughout the games ranks. My theory which is a wild guess tbh is that this issue is similar to the famous old civ gandhi bug the number ascribed to survivors rank 1 and 2 crosses the max threshold resetting the number to low ranks maybe mid ranks effectively resetting there ranks to 20-18. This is just a theory but what I'm more certain of is its occurring most frequently in rank 1 and rank 2 survivors. I will note that most of my rank 3-4 survivor games were against red ranks maybe purple killers so I don't think this issues occurs across all red ranks.

  • @sizzl3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V1XZJNYURJMM/image.jpg

    It is so bad. I deranked from this game!


    @Buttereye said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RO0S6UZFMMAP/bad-matchmaking.png

    Yep. as a survivor I am an okey rank and I also meet lowrank killers from time to time. quite alot actually. here I am killer and this is very similar to the last 4 games in matchmaking!. it's not fun to play!


    Last 3/4 matches

    image.png


  • @sizzl3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V1XZJNYURJMM/image.jpg

    It is so bad. I deranked from this game!

    I typically see this matchmaking when it's off peak hours and then the full rainbow spectrum immediately following rank reset...try to see in your region what hours are peak and maybe it will work with your schedule somehow...keep in mind that weekends are a little different from weekdays too. This is by no means a perfect fix but it is what i see trend during my hours of play and will maybe help you get better matched trials :( I'm in the northeast of US and i see this screenshot situation around 9pm and after. 5pm-9pm I get pretty decent matches, at least according to rank - the skill of that player at that rank is another topic lol.

  • I started playing Nurse on Xbox in red ranks, so guess how outplayed I was the first week the survivors ran around t-bagging and clicking all games. But in some way I think you learn fast also playing against the best survivors. You just need to play more and then red rank survivors will pay.

  • @DBD78 said:

    I started playing Nurse on Xbox in red ranks, so guess how outplayed I was the first week the survivors ran around t-bagging and clicking all games. But in some way I think you learn fast also playing against the best survivors. You just need to play more and then red rank survivors will pay.

    True... I reached rank 1 a day before reset... but playing: Pig, Spirit, Huntress, and Hag... with Nurse, Legion, and Doc on the side

  • @sizzl3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V1XZJNYURJMM/image.jpg

    It is so bad. I deranked from this game!

    Honestly, I'm surprised you got kills.

  • BHVR, PLEASE FIX YOUR DUMB MATCHMAKING SYSTEM ASAP AND ADD A CASUAL MODE/ PRACTICE ARENA. IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS AND STILL THE GAME LACKS EVEN BASIC FEATURES AND MODES. WHY??? THIS IS GETTING FRUSTRATING!!

  • YOU TALKED ABOUT THE NEW MM SYSTEM BACK IN JANUARY AND WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING SO FAR. IT'S A RANKED GAME AND MM HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS NOT OK.

  • Last night I played a match with Bubba and the survivors were a mixture of red, green, and white(2) against my rank 12 killer. And I experience just the opposite when I'm playing survivor - my rank 4 against a new killer or matched with new teammates.

    At this point I'm tired of being told that a new MMR is coming. I'll believe it when I see it. Either way, for me I think it's time to take a nice long break.