DBD is unplayable...

Yesterday, 7 games straight got to play against rank 18 to 20 killers... I'm a rank 1 survivor... Either we need more players or it's matchmaking... again... Or both..?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Devs have ignored matchmaking, the busted ranking system, SWF balance, optimization, and a bunch of other things so the game has been losing killer players. There aren't enough killers to properly fill lobbies anymore. Things need to be changed quickly or the game likely won't last.

  • @Real_Cheesus said:

    Devs have ignored matchmaking, the busted ranking system, SWF balance, optimization, and a bunch of other things so the game has been losing killer players. There aren't enough killers to properly fill lobbies anymore. Things need to be changed quickly or the game likely won't last.

    I really hate this, if I play killer I have fun, I'm a really good killer, so, no problem against SWF red ranks, but if I play survivor... There's just no challenge... This really needs to change...

  • They haven't fixed matchmaking yet, so I guess you could say it's broken again?

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311251#Comment_1311251

    I really hate this, if I play killer I have fun, I'm a really good killer, so, no problem against SWF red ranks, but if I play survivor... There's just no challenge... This really needs to change...

    You'd be doing God's work if you went online and started stomping some of the bullying SWFs that are just having a hay-day right now. Haha. I'm a mid-rank killer (rank 3-4) and it's very often not fun for me (on PS4) since SWF feels so unfair. How do you deal with survs that have 3-4 extra perk slots? I'd love some advice.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    Yesterday, 7 games straight got to play against rank 18 to 20 killers... I'm a rank 1 survivor... Either we need more players or it's matchmaking... again... Or both..?

    Yuck, sorry to hear that. I had the opposite last night. I played about 10 games last night and had 5 games with Rank 1 killers, but that is literally more Rank 1 killers than I have had in the past two months. But usually I'm versing Rank 14 - 10 killers.

    (Over my last 79 red rank solo queue survivor games I've had 9 games with rank 1 killers - 5 of which were from last night. 50% of those games were rank 14-10 killers)

  • @Real_Cheesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311262#Comment_1311262

    You'd be doing God's work if you went online and started stomping some of the bullying SWFs that are just having a hay-day right now. Haha. I'm a mid-rank killer (rank 3-4) and it's very often not fun for me (on PS4) since SWF feels so unfair. How do you deal with survs that have 3-4 extra perk slots? I'd love some advice.

    I have to be honest it's a must to pick killers, to get 3k+ against SWF red ranks I usually use Trapper (main), Freddy, Spirit, Huntress or Billie, any other is practically impossible unless you play dirty (which I don't like).

    As trapper, bring in extra trapps and the addon to down if they get trapped, place one trap on each exit door lever as soon as the game starts, trap shack's basement, bring someone into the basement, trap shack's window and both entrances, go away, it's down after down, 4k every game. Perks: Iron Grasp, Agitation, Unrelenting and NOED.

    As Freddy: Addons for fake pallets and one to reduce gen times. Perks: Ruin, NOED, Blood Warden and Discordance. 3k+ every game, no special strat.

    As Huntress: Extra axes and Exhausting status addons. Perks: Discordance, Unrelenting, PWYF and NOED. 3k+ every game, no special strat.

    As Spirit: Addons for shift speed and lower recovery of the power. Peks: Discordance, Nemesis, Rancor and Blood Warden. 3k+ every game, no special strat.

    As Billie: Ultra fast chainsaw charge and turning addons. Perks: Discordance, BBQ, Ruin and Blood Warden. 3k+ every game, no special strat.


    Hope this helps. :)

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311251#Comment_1311251

    Odd considering steam charts and playercounts say we've been growing, and more people have been playing.

    Maybe all the older players are leaving,while there is more new players coming,therefore the game is split between the alot smaller pool of experienced players/all the newcomers.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311251#Comment_1311251

    Odd considering steam charts and playercounts say we've been growing, and more people have been playing.

    Maybe more people are playing but they are on surv side. Starting as killer is bs. I would not recommend to anyone and I switched sides because there is no point playing killer against reds and swfs all the time and getting stomped.

  • Honestly I never see the reasons killer mains quit the game

    yes swf can be extremely rough to beat but it’s not an every game thing where it’s one of the really good ones

    hex ruin did get a drastic change but all in all it was for the better for higher ranks as most survivors could hit great skill checks and I find it working better besides the one problem all totems have 5 second cleanses

    And lastly while matchmaking is bad just sticking through it until you have the points for good perks to counter the higher rank players perks will help immensely I went through this for awhile stuck through it now I am rank 1 on killer

  • Never fear Survivors! I will spend all enternity hunting, tormenting and murdering you all! And now that cross play is a reality there is plenty of SpookyStabby to go around! ;3 Catch ya in The Fog!

  • @RizeAki said:

    Honestly I never see the reasons killer mains quit the game

    yes swf can be extremely rough to beat but it’s not an every game thing where it’s one of the really good ones

    hex ruin did get a drastic change but all in all it was for the better for higher ranks as most survivors could hit great skill checks and I find it working better besides the one problem all totems have 5 second cleanses

    And lastly while matchmaking is bad just sticking through it until you have the points for good perks to counter the higher rank players perks will help immensely I went through this for awhile stuck through it now I am rank 1 on killer

    I think the reason you don't see these reasons is because you have a healthy mindset and don't resort to victimizing yourself when you encounter challenges. We could use more dbd players like you.

  • @RizeAki said:

    Honestly I never see the reasons killer mains quit the game

    yes swf can be extremely rough to beat but it’s not an every game thing where it’s one of the really good ones

    hex ruin did get a drastic change but all in all it was for the better for higher ranks as most survivors could hit great skill checks and I find it working better besides the one problem all totems have 5 second cleanses

    And lastly while matchmaking is bad just sticking through it until you have the points for good perks to counter the higher rank players perks will help immensely I went through this for awhile stuck through it now I am rank 1 on killer

    Yes swf is not every game but really often it is. If you are lucky not getting against swf then there is red and purple ranks running meta perks looping you for ages and popping 5 gens without you ever landing a single hit. Perks don't do ######### when you can't even get close to players way out of your league. Sure I could just stick through it but that honestly that is just straight up bs. Why should I, as a new player just stick through getting bullied while learning the game and grinding perks? That makes absolutely no fkin sense.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311345#Comment_1311345

    Yes swf is not every game but really often it is. If you are lucky not getting against swf then there is red and purple ranks running meta perks looping you for ages and popping 5 gens without you ever landing a single hit. Perks don't do ######### when you can't even get close to players way out of your league. Sure I could just stick through it but that honestly that is just straight up bs. Why should I, as a new player just stick through getting bullied while learning the game and grinding perks? That makes absolutely no fkin sense.

    Sorry I forgot my last point on the matchmaking in a few weeks or a month it seems at most we will lose the current matchmaking anyways so soon you will find better matches I more of meant to stay stick with it until then I know the struggle you feel I went through it as well while playing one of the weaker killers Legion but I managed to stick through it all and now I can keep up gen pressure and get those kills even against high rank swf groups and I know if you just stick through it and just play to your best ability and have fun you can do it as well it’s a multiplayer game we all just need to help each other have fun

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311360#Comment_1311360

    Sorry I forgot my last point on the matchmaking in a few weeks or a month it seems at most we will lose the current matchmaking anyways so soon you will find better matches I more of meant to stay stick with it until then I know the struggle you feel I went through it as well while playing one of the weaker killers Legion but I managed to stick through it all and now I can keep up gen pressure and get those kills even against high rank swf groups and I know if you just stick through it and just play to your best ability and have fun you can do it as well it’s a multiplayer game we all just need to help each other have fun

    It really isn't fun for me when I can't get even m1s in. I'm sticking on surv side and make queues longer as long as changes come to matchmaking.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311369#Comment_1311369

    It really isn't fun for me when I can't get even m1s in. I'm sticking on surv side and make queues longer as long as changes come to matchmaking.

    But if you decide to quit you are the problem the matchmaking got this way cuz people quit too much it can’t be fixed if every time someone doesn’t get their way they leave

  • There's way more people playing on average now.

    It's matchmaking, it's been for a while.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311388#Comment_1311388

    But if you decide to quit you are the problem the matchmaking got this way cuz people quit too much it can’t be fixed if every time someone doesn’t get their way they leave

    No don't blame it on me and others when it is devs fault for making system that is so badly done that nobody wants to play killer. They should have fixed it long time ago. Now they talked about new algorithm coming but no timeline for it. It could be next week, next month, next year. Why the fk should I care when devs don't care?

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311328#Comment_1311328

    Probably people taking a break. This is the equivalent of a content drought, considering without the PTB theres not much.

    Oh, and people are probably playing the ######### out of the ptb rn

    True that aswell,agreed.

  • 1)

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/927/HH691ZWG6DKH.png

    We’ve observed a growing Community concern about matchmaking in recent months. Matchmaking wait times have exceeded our targeted limits and we’ve seen rank disparities fluctuate. In this Status Update, we will go in details on factors impacting the matchmaking, our current matchmaking system and our future solutions.  

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/793/ZSC8B6CPRDCP.png

    Above are the three variable factors in matchmaking, with a fourth being the number of players on each role, with an ideal ratio of 4 survivors for 1 killer at all times. When dealing with matchmaking, we need to decide how much to focus on each of the factors. If we focus on one point, the other points will see some sort of impact. For example, if we focus on time, your matches will likely end up being less fair, and you might get paired with people further away. Dedicated servers have helped us ensure a stable connection, with over 90% of players being put into matches with 150 ping and under. Our goal is to get you into a match as quickly as possible with a good connection, without compromising too much on fairness.  

    This is a difficult task in a game like Dead by Daylight, where both sides have different objectives and cannot be directly compared to one another. We’ve attempted to address this in the past with the Emblem system, but upon further review, we’ve concluded that rank does not directly correlate to skill. While a player who plays a lot will tend to be better than someone who plays very little, there are also players who are good at the game but don’t play enough to reach the upper ranks. 

    To help improve with the fairness factor without sacrificing wait times or pings, we will be making two changes. The first is a new system to better reflect a player’s skill level, and the second is a change to the matchmaking system to create fairer matches. 

     

    Going forward, we will use a hidden skill rating for matchmaking purposes. Your skill rating will increase when you do well and decrease when you do poorly. To keep this as fair as possible, the system will predict the outcome of the match based on the difference in your opponent(s) rating and adjust the amount your rating changes: 

    • If your rating is higher than your opponent(s), your rating will increase less if you win and drop more if you lose. 
    • If your rating is lower than your opponent(s), your rating will increase more if you win and drop less if you lose. 

    This way, even if you aren’t perfectly matched with people of the exact same skill level, your rating will not change unfairly. 

    In the future, we would like to extend this system to support different ratings for each killer, allowing you to practice a new killer without being immediately matched against high skilled players. This may not be included in the initial launch of the feature. 

     

    Additionally, to make sure that your matches are as fair as possible, we will be switching over to “batch matchmaking”. 

    Currently, our matchmaking system takes the player in queue and looks for a match close to their rank. If it is unable to find an appropriate match, it will gradually expand the search range until it is able to give you a match. This can lead to both unfair matches and long queue times. 

    The new batch matchmaking will instead pool a larger number of players together, compare their skill levels, and then create the fairest matches possible simultaneously. With a larger pool to pick from, we hope to improve the fairness factor of matchmaking while also keeping pings and wait times low.  

     

    The release of these changes will be gradual. With the release of the mid-chapter update, we are able to start tracking skill levels. For the time being, this is only a test and is not being used for matchmaking purposes. Once we are confident that the skill rating is working as intended, we will be running tests on live servers. 

    When this happens, you may notice some disparity in ranks during your matches. This is to be expected as rank will no longer be used for matchmaking purposes at this time. To avoid confusion, we are considering removing ranks from the post-match scoreboard once testing is complete, as they will no longer be relevant to matchmaking. Ranks will remain visible only to you for bragging rights and a goal to work towards, but will be a reflection of your dedication to the game rather than skill for the time being. 

    We are confident that these changes will allow us to create fairer matches without losing sight of our goals; to get you into a match as soon as possible with a solid connection. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on our progress as we move forward. 

    2)

    In the most recent dev stream (anniversary), they confirmed that this matchmaking is almost ready and should be ready for release next month.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311396#Comment_1311396

    No don't blame it on me and others when it is devs fault for making system that is so badly done that nobody wants to play killer. They should have fixed it long time ago. Now they talked about new algorithm coming but no timeline for it. It could be next week, next month, next year. Why the fk should I care when devs don't care?

    So them constantly pushing out updates and content for everyone to enjoy is them not caring you know you are right please quit the game so we can have players that actually respect the hard work the developers are doing

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311415#Comment_1311415

    So them constantly pushing out updates and content for everyone to enjoy is them not caring you know you are right please quit the game so we can have players that actually respect the hard work the developers are doing

    I haven't enjoyed getting my ass handed to me game after game after game. I would much rather sit in a queue for 10 mins than getting insta queues just to lose in 5 mins. And I believe many others feel this way, as we can see in the lack of killers playing this game. They could have at least tried to fix the matchmaking to make it more bearable in the mean time while getting their next matchmaking system ready. But they decided not to. And people wonder why moris and camping is on the rise. And what use is of new content if it only caters the veterans and survivors but not new players?

  • @Boss said:

    There's way more people playing on average now.

    It's matchmaking, it's been for a while.

    Last 3 days have been quite horrible Boss, IDK, low rank killers almost every game

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311433#Comment_1311433

    I haven't enjoyed getting my ass handed to me game after game after game. I would much rather sit in a queue for 10 mins than getting insta queues just to lose in 5 mins. And I believe many others feel this way, as we can see in the lack of killers playing this game. They could have at least tried to fix the matchmaking to make it more bearable in the mean time while getting their next matchmaking system ready. But they decided not to. And people wonder why moris and camping is on the rise. And what use is of new content if it only caters the veterans and survivors but not new players?

    So because you are not skilled at the game you want to ruin gameplay for others?

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311443#Comment_1311443

    So because you are not skilled at the game you want to ruin gameplay for others?

    Because I'm not skilled my gameplay can be ruined by others? Why should people having fun be on me? Why couldn't we all have fun by balanced matchmaking? Why should I be responsible for survivors to have fun while I cannot?

  • Killer mains can not complain because when it comes down to it survivors can have the worst end of the stick and this is from a literal killer main they have no balance whatsoever and will get crap for it when it’s just them playing how they want solo is too weak rn compared to swf and killer duo is balance and alright 3 man is tilted in survivor favor and 4 man can be op but saying they shouldn’t be allowed to have friends to play with is wrong and just sounds like you want them weaker then killer

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311506#Comment_1311506

    Because I'm not skilled my gameplay can be ruined by others? Why should people having fun be on me? Why couldn't we all have fun by balanced matchmaking? Why should I be responsible for survivors to have fun while I cannot?

    That’s what I said was everyone should have fun it sucks that some things aren’t as balanced as we all want them to be but we are so close to having that take a huge step in the right direction

  • Yup, most games as survivor are really boring. That's why I'm a killer main now or maybe I play both sides equally, not sure. I still have my doubts about this so called bug, I also believe it's due to a lack of killers, but whatever the problem is I hope it's fixed soon.

  • @Xerge said:

    Yup, most games as survivor are really boring. That's why I'm a killer main now or maybe I play both sides equally, not sure. I still have my doubts about this so called bug, I also believe it's due to a lack of killers, but whatever the problem is I hope it's fixed soon.

    They said on the live-stream in a month more at most it seemed we should have this fix and they are also in works on a pre game collapse which should help slow the game enough for up to 60 seconds so everyone can enjoy a game longer then 2min

  • For me, it is unplayable. Not in the "I don't like it therefore it is horrible and unplayable" sense of the phrase either. I mean it is literally unplayable. I haven't been able to play for almost 2 months now due to a save error bug. Every time I log in I am kicked out with an error message within 5 minutes. Sometimes I'll get a match started only to be disconnected as the match would start. Literally unplayable. I've deleted the game and redownloaded. I've submitted help tickets. Nothing works. So yes. For some of us the game is indeed unplayable.

  • @Xerge said:

    Yup, most games as survivor are really boring. That's why I'm a killer main now or maybe I play both sides equally, not sure. I still have my doubts about this so called bug, I also believe it's due to a lack of killers, but whatever the problem is I hope it's fixed soon.

    I really want this fixed, it's not nice playing against noob players and making them leave the game cause of the experience or just let myself get hooked for them not to have such a hard time...

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311536#Comment_1311536

    I really want this fixed, it's not nice playing against noob players and making them leave the game cause of the experience or just let myself get hooked for them not to have such a hard time...

    I mean, not being toxic and saying gg to the newb killer goes a long way to keeping them in the game.

    I'm not accusing you specifically of being toxic, I just feel that the general level of toxicity is way more detrimental to new player retention than being paired against red ranks as a rank 15 killer.

  • @SavouryRain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311792#Comment_1311792

    I mean, not being toxic and saying gg to the newb killer goes a long way to keeping them in the game.

    I'm not accusing you specifically of being toxic, I just feel that the general level of toxicity is way more detrimental to new player retention than being paired against red ranks as a rank 15 killer.

    The problem is that owning the killer, no flashlight spamming, no teabagging, just looping him without him being able to hit you even once gets people off the game... I don't consider myself toxic, don't worry, I play for fun, no need to harm someone in the process, but I like a challenge, and going vs a new killer who didn't even know he could choose perks or addons (this actually haappened...) is a really boring and bad experience.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311820#Comment_1311820

    The problem is that owning the killer, no flashlight spamming, no teabagging, just looping him without him being able to hit you even once gets people off the game... I don't consider myself toxic, don't worry, I play for fun, no need to harm someone in the process, but I like a challenge, and going vs a new killer who didn't even know he could choose perks or addons (this actually haappened...) is a really boring and bad experience.

    Yeah, that's definitely something to think about too. A newbie with Deerstalker and Thrill of the Hunt (but no other hexes) probably won't do much against a couple of red ranks running BT/DS/DH/Adrenaline

  • @SavouryRain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311837#Comment_1311837

    Yeah, that's definitely something to think about too. A newbie with Deerstalker and Thrill of the Hunt (but no other hexes) probably won't do much against a couple of red ranks running BT/DS/DH/Adrenaline

    Even worse man, I ran those killers for 5 gens and escaped... Just imagine... I didn't even used my perks, and tthe only meta I have is BT. In one match the killer got one of my friends and decided to face camp, I found a Flashlight in a chest, blinded him, unhooked and that was it, an instant DC...


    In my honest opinion, Devs should block ranks 16-20 in terms of only being able to face killers on their color, regardless of how much time they spent waiting for a match. They need to help new killers.