Not to burst the bubble...

But as someone who spends more time playing on console..


cross-play?? Graphics update??


really? When we still have issues with the game randomly freezing/stuttering


can we get the basics fixed before adding in more problems to the game?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • you realize if they're updating the graphics they're probably switching to UE4 right? meaning your performance will be a lot better because UE4 is more optimized for all platforms.

  • @thiccccc_lawnchair said:

    you realize if they're updating the graphics they're probably switching to UE4 right? meaning your performance will be a lot better because UE4 is more optimized for all platforms.

    Probabilities don’t ease my concerns - certainties do.

    i wish they were more transparent about what they’re doing and answer these things instead of having to inevitably find out in game.

  • @thiccccc_lawnchair said:

    you realize if they're updating the graphics they're probably switching to UE4 right? meaning your performance will be a lot better because UE4 is more optimized for all platforms.

    Wait, so my FPS and stuff will IMPROVE?

  • It wasn't mentioned on the stream I don't think, but crossplay is apparently an opt-in feature. So if you don't want to play against PC players, you don't have to (although queues might be longer and matchmaking worse due to the smaller player pool).

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303930#Comment_1303930

    Probabilities don’t ease my concerns - certainties do.

    i wish they were more transparent about what they’re doing and answer these things instead of having to inevitably find out in game.

    The new consoles are coming out, bet it performs better on those

  • @Fibijean said:

    It wasn't mentioned on the stream I don't think, but crossplay is apparently an opt-in feature. So if you don't want to play against PC players, you don't have to (although queues might be longer and matchmaking worse due to the smaller player pool).

    Yikes - at least I know I will be able to watch an episode of a show between games then.


    I don’t know what’s worse, crossplay being there or having the option to opt out of it. Lol

    just not a fan of it since KB+M isnt supported on console, and ngl, there is a difference in style of play/control in the game between the two

  • yes, most likely. the graphics update includes optimized maps.

  • @thiccccc_lawnchair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303942#Comment_1303942

    yes, most likely. the graphics update includes optimized maps.

    Ooh, that's something to look forward to then, I was expecting my FPS to drop from 100 to like 40 lol. Ty for telling me! <3

  • @thiccccc_lawnchair said:

    you realize if they're updating the graphics they're probably switching to UE4 right? meaning your performance will be a lot better because UE4 is more optimized for all platforms.

    This game runs on 4.23 or whatever. They're updating assets not the rendering pipeline of the game.

    Regardless...given how terrible those servers are currently I wonder who is giving them those deadlines. Servers were obviously rushed af and same thing will likely happen with crossplay.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303936#Comment_1303936

    The new consoles are coming out, bet it performs better on those

    And those of us who will be stuck with the existing consoles long after the next gen ones are out? We were told 60 frames minimum over a year ago, an optimization that never happened, and much else. Now that the next gen consoles are nearing it's like "too bad see yaaaaa".

  • @Fibijean said:

    It wasn't mentioned on the stream I don't think, but crossplay is apparently an opt-in feature. So if you don't want to play against PC players, you don't have to (although queues might be longer and matchmaking worse due to the smaller player pool).

    Not exactly,it's an opt-out feature.But yes,you will be able to choose whether you want to play against all platforms or stay in the ps4 player pool.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303954#Comment_1303954

    Yikes - at least I know I will be able to watch an episode of a show between games then.

    I don’t know what’s worse, crossplay being there or having the option to opt out of it. Lol

    just not a fan of it since KB+M isnt supported on console, and ngl, there is a difference in style of play/control in the game between the two

    The only difference between pc and console is the better framerate and some killers like nurse,huntress or deathslinger are easier to play on pc but other than that there won't be any major differences.

    Don't forget that DbD isn't a shooter game like CoD or Battlefield that requires precise aiming.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303965#Comment_1303965

    And those of us who will be stuck with the existing consoles long after the next gen ones are out? We were told 60 frames minimum over a year ago, an optimization that never happened, and much else. Now that the next gen consoles are nearing it's like "too bad see yaaaaa".

    I mean I hear you 🤷‍♂️

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303954#Comment_1303954

    Yikes - at least I know I will be able to watch an episode of a show between games then.

    I don’t know what’s worse, crossplay being there or having the option to opt out of it. Lol

    just not a fan of it since KB+M isnt supported on console, and ngl, there is a difference in style of play/control in the game between the two

    Theres a difference between kb+m and controller for killer sure... But fortunately the killers arnt the ones competing with each other.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303971#Comment_1303971

    The only difference between pc and console is the better framerate and some killers like nurse,huntress or deathslinger are easier to play on pc but other than that there won't be any major differences.

    Don't forget that DbD isn't a shooter game like CoD or Battlefield that requires precise aiming.

    https://youtu.be/xXzgUzzG6EU TydeTyme clip of his experience coming over from PC.

    The learning curve for both roles mixing with PC players will be high imo. If issues with latency & ping & frames (plus no kb&m support) are not fully addressed beforehand, the curve may be insurmountable.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    But as someone who spends more time playing on console..

    cross-play?? Graphics update??

    really? When we still have issues with the game randomly freezing/stuttering

    can we get the basics fixed before adding in more problems to the game?

    I'm still waiting for them to fix the nurse bugs since her rework 9 months ago. I have no hopes for that anytime soon.

  • @thiccccc_lawnchair said:

    you realize if they're updating the graphics they're probably switching to UE4 right? meaning your performance will be a lot better because UE4 is more optimized for all platforms.

    We are already on ue4 or not? And every engine update dipped my fps more down on pc. Despite all the bugs like sound etc

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303954#Comment_1303954

    Yikes - at least I know I will be able to watch an episode of a show between games then.

    I don’t know what’s worse, crossplay being there or having the option to opt out of it. Lol

    just not a fan of it since KB+M isnt supported on console, and ngl, there is a difference in style of play/control in the game between the two

    But not a drastic advantage. It comes down to preference. This isnt a pinpoint fps like siege or CoD.

    And with the insane sensitivity spike console got, turning speed isnt an advantage either...

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303930#Comment_1303930

    We are already on ue4 or not? And every engine update dipped my fps more down on pc. Despite all the bugs like sound etc

    if we were already on ue4 the resources for each map would look way better. for example, take a look at unreal tournament gameplay. ue3 is used by most developers like BHVR

  • @thiccccc_lawnchair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1323067#Comment_1323067

    if we were already on ue4 the resources for each map would look way better. for example, take a look at unreal tournament gameplay. ue3 is used by most developers like BHVR

    According to Wikipedia it's already running on ue4.

    I'm personally not very excited about another engine update. It usually was bringing more bad than good in my personal case

    Dead by Daylight is an asymmetric survival horror video game developed by Behaviour Interactive.[1]Dead by Daylight was released for Microsoft Windows in June 2016,[2][3] released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June 2017,[4][5][6] released on Nintendo Switch on September 24, 2019, and a mobile port was released on iOS and Android on April 17, 2020.