Who do you think the next Killer/Survivor will be?

Personally I really wish it would be Candyman but I feel like the most probable would be Jason Voorhees.

Comments

  • Pennywise or jason

  • It's the Candyman and every single "clue" (read: extremely unsubtle hint) confirms it.

  • Everything points to Candyman at this point. Other possibilities do not have nearly the amount of hints Bee Boi has accumulated.

  • Don’t we have enough of these threads already?

    anyways, Xenomorph would be cool, Candyman really likely and I will be happy if the license just fits right to DbD (so NOT Scooby-Doo).

  • @teddyoneeye said:

    And survivor?

    If based on the original, Helen. If based on the remake, whatever the protagonist is called. The trailer hints he might be the Candyman's reincarnation or something. Definitely has a "mysterious" vibe about him.

  • @Vox_Nocturne said:

    Everything points to Candyman at this point. Other possibilities do not have nearly the amount of hints Bee Boi has accumulated.

    I think you have a really good point. But the devs said a "classic slasher" or something along the lines of that. I don't think I would consider Candyman a ver popular slasher, but I could be wrong.

  • @dbarranco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294294#Comment_1294294

    I think you have a really good point. But the devs said a "classic slasher" or something along the lines of that. I don't think I would consider Candyman a ver popular slasher, but I could be wrong.

    You used two different words there. "Classic" and "popular" are not synonyms. Also, only one group of people needs to like the killer: the devs. Look up where and when the Candyman premiered, then do the math based on how old the devs are (30-50).

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294300#Comment_1294300

    You used two different words there. "Classic" and "popular" are not synonyms. Also, only one group of people needs to like the killer: the devs. Look up where and when the Candyman premiered, then do the math based on how old the devs are (30-50).

    Ah, I see, I'm new to these forums sorry lol.

  • I would like to see Alien, Demo has been a good boy and he needs a fellow non-human killer to be friends with

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    I would like to see Alien, Demo has been a good boy and he needs a fellow non-human killer to be friends with

    The Xenomorph would be very cool to see in the game. But how would they tie him into the lore?

  • I would love if it was Pyramid Head and James from Silent Hill 2. I feel like we need another video game rep. Plus I would love to see the map and music they'd add in for the chapter.

  • The thing is-if u went to another site,list of iconic killers,candyman would never be in the top ten.but u have to take into consideration of 1.who they can get licence/image rights too 2.the so called clues,which is strange,coz why say the bee comments,and leave it there,may aswell just tell u who it is,who else could that comment relate too.candyman wouldnt be my first choice at all.but anything new is welcomed,as long as its a bit of a different experiance to other characters.

  • @dbarranco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294305#Comment_1294305

    The Xenomorph would be very cool to see in the game. But how would they tie him into the lore?

    I mean if they tied a doggo from another dimension into the lore then they can tie in a alien from a different planet

  • @dbarranco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294305#Comment_1294305

    The Xenomorph would be very cool to see in the game. But how would they tie him into the lore?

    Pretty much the same as Demogorgon.

    Time doesn’t play a role for the Entity and the Entity can also control the power of the killers.

  • @teddyoneeye said:

    The thing is-if u went to another site,list of iconic killers,candyman would never be in the top ten.but u have to take into consideration of 1.who they can get licence/image rights too 2.the so called clues,which is strange,coz why say the bee comments,and leave it there,may aswell just tell u who it is,who else could that comment relate too.candyman wouldnt be my first choice at all.but anything new is welcomed,as long as its a bit of a different experiance to other characters.

    Very good point.

  • @dbarranco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294294#Comment_1294294

    I think you have a really good point. But the devs said a "classic slasher" or something along the lines of that. I don't think I would consider Candyman a ver popular slasher, but I could be wrong.

    Likewise, I too wouldn't immediately think of Candyman if someone said "iconic slasher". However, I know very little about the franchise or any influence it has. Also, I doubt BHVR would say something like:

    "We are excited to announce the new chapter will feature some lesser know killer you probably haven't heard of, but was in a movie from the 80s or 90s, or something like that".

    Not quite as catchy! But I am interested in a power involving bees.

    Either way, there are certainly less popular killers than Candyman, and it does open the door for more characters by the guy or team who owned his rights, so I'm looking forward to it. Still would like a Xenomorph or Walter Sullivan killer though.

  • @teddyoneeye said:

    The thing is-if u went to another site,list of iconic killers,candyman would never be in the top ten.but u have to take into consideration of 1.who they can get licence/image rights too 2.the so called clues,which is strange,coz why say the bee comments,and leave it there,may aswell just tell u who it is,who else could that comment relate too.candyman wouldnt be my first choice at all.but anything new is welcomed,as long as its a bit of a different experiance to other characters.

    Assuming I was able to read your comment correctly (seriously, use paragraphs), the main thing you have to consider is that the devs aren't from the USA, and those websites are almost always USA-centric.

  • @dbarranco I have almost the same opinions as you !, only that I see candyman as possible but I want to have jason!

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    @dbarranco I have almost the same opinions as you !, only that I see candyman as possible but I want to have jason!

    Any new killer/survivor would be amazing to see. If they could find a way to add Chucky or Annabelle that would be really neat. But I don't think they can.

  • @teddyoneeye said:

    The thing is-if u went to another site,list of iconic killers,candyman would never be in the top ten.but u have to take into consideration of 1.who they can get licence/image rights too 2.the so called clues,which is strange,coz why say the bee comments,and leave it there,may aswell just tell u who it is,who else could that comment relate too.candyman wouldnt be my first choice at all.but anything new is welcomed,as long as its a bit of a different experiance to other characters.

    Funnily enough i just googled „iconic slasher“ and Candyman was on 9th place in the first result.

    I didn’t know him myself before DbD speculations brought him up but he seems to be there. Definitely not as iconic as the big boys though (Michael, Freddy, Jason).

  • Not saying it isnt him.just saying its a bit strange how they basiclly told u who it is without saying the name

  • @dbarranco talking about survivors, which survivors would be perfect for candyman or jason? my bet for candyman is helen lyle and for Jason I choose tommy jarvis, who do you choose?

  • @teddyoneeye said:

    Not saying it isnt him.just saying its a bit strange how they basiclly told u who it is without saying the name

    Why is it strange? What, over the last four years, has led you to conclude that the devs want to hide who the new killer is going to be?

  • Not bothered who it is tbh.anything new is appreciated.

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    @dbarranco talking about survivors, which survivors would be perfect for candyman or jason? my bet for candyman is helen lyle and for Jason I choose tommy jarvis, who do you choose?

    Gonna be completely honest, I don't know much about either series. I'm aware of Tommy from Friday the 13th but not Helen, sorry.

  • @mottigedel said:

    i found this list of top 25 horror movie villains with 1.8 million votes counted. i would say that gives a good view on what is perceved as a horror icon.

    Guess what Candyman is "only" on place 18.

    Guess who's second? Jason

    Guess who's fourth? Alien

    And thats all she wrote.

  • @mottigedel said:

    i found this list of top 25 horror movie villains with 1.8 million votes counted. i would say that gives a good view on what is perceved as a horror icon.

    Guess what Candyman is "only" on place 18.

    Guess who's second? Jason

    Guess who's fourth? Alien

    Was the poll conducted in the USA? Because unless it was conducted in Quebec, it's useless to discern who the devs consider "iconic".

  • Just curious. What is the age demographic and movie preference of those saying that Candyman is not an Iconic slasher?

    I'm a lifelong Horror fan, and can say that Candyman was very much welcomed into the pantheon of Horror greats at his inception in the Horror movie press.

    Trying to see if Fangoria ever did a top 10 Horror icons list, but no dice...

  • @mottigedel said:

    i found this list of top 25 horror movie villains with 1.8 million votes counted. i would say that gives a good view on what is perceved as a horror icon.

    Guess what Candyman is "only" on place 18.

    Guess who's second? Jason

    Guess who's fourth? Alien

    ... Norman Bates is 22. At that point I stopped reading.

  • I hope it will be Freddy from FNAF series since they have a iconic movie, that didn't even released yet and Scott keeps changing. Pretty iconic

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1294479#Comment_1294479

    Was the poll conducted in the USA? Because unless it was conducted in Quebec, it's useless to discern who the devs consider "iconic".

    Big Brain.

  • I think Pennywise is most likely but I'm holding on to the long shot hopes of a Pyramid Head/James Sunderland combo. I think it would be awesome if Pyramid Head could swing his giant sword over trash/debris/rock loops like on Badham, Yamaoka, and Blood Lodge

    If it is Jason, I'd rather have Tina the telekinesis girl from Part 7 as the survivor rather than Tommy

  • Pinhead with either Kirsty Cotton or Sidney Prescott.

  • I would be over the moon if it was Pyramid Head/James Sunderland combo. Another one I think would be amazing (and correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve not seen anyone mention yet) is Bob/Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks.

  • @xGodSendDeath said:

    I think Pennywise is most likely but I'm holding on to the long shot hopes of a Pyramid Head/James Sunderland combo. I think it would be awesome if Pyramid Head could swing his giant sword over trash/debris/rock loops like on Badham, Yamaoka, and Blood Lodge

    If it is Jason, I'd rather have Tina the telekinesis girl from Part 7 as the survivor rather than Tommy

    ooooh, I like the Pinhead concept.