Dc Penalty
Welp, my switch decided to have an error and I had a dc penalty, seriously, I do not care if you had a reduction of 51% of dc, it's kinda lame, you have an error or console froze, dc penalty, I don't mind that it did well for a while, but seriously, this gotta stop!
Comments
you not going to have those errors a lot and those can be fixed, if you are getting long dc penalties than maybe dc less so when you get a crash or something you only have a 3 minute penalty.
btw this is one of the best things the devs have done to address the toxic part of this community, a dc can ruin games and god did they do that constantly but now you see a lot less of people dcing early game or in general.
I don't dc, it's just errors are getting pain in my ass ngl
Well DC I don't, but when I come across a game I don't want to play I just commit suicide.
I guess the developers want a nice but false graph.
I regularly and abruptly get kicked from the server, 1-2 times a day probably, and I always get the penalty. All while my internet is working perfectly fine.
Then your the type of person that this is meant to stop. Self centred egotistical person that is only about themselves. At least you dying omg he hook bought me time to do a gen
Its 5 mins....like go get a glass of water or something is it really that huge of a deal for you?
Total victim blaming here. DC penalties are meant to punish people who intentionally DC, not people who are the victim of poor programming and implementation. That is wrong, plain and simple. Stop trying to justify it.
And here you are, focusing on a very minor part of the argument. It is principle of not being able to play the game he paid for and the reality of an escalating penalty through no fault of his own.
How often is he getting an error that makes him dc or whatever it is aka power outage,internet,etc etc. When you dc no matter who it is it RUINS the game for everyone else so if he gets into a new game just and he keeps freezing and dcing its ruining the game for everyone else and if its just a freeze here and there maybe once a week then the five minutes would be a none issue. Is it a principle that he bought a game so he can ruin other peoples matches cause he has a janky ass switch?
DC penalty was the worst thing the devs could have done to "address the toxic part of this community". Now that players feel like you are trapped in a match with them without recourse everything has gotten sweatier. Camp, tunnel and slug went up 100%, it is part of every single match. And other survivors are following you and pointing you out to killers, body blocking. It is a shame because this game was much more fun when people had the freedom to choose who and how they played the game. I have never had any issues with people DCing out of a match I am in. I could not care less. But I do care that every match is now filled to the brim with toxic behavior and you have to just suicide if you want out, killer gets a 4k (or last jerk survuivor gets hatch) which just encourages more toxic behavior.
And the real people taking it in the shorts for the change are the host error disconnects, who just want to play but are penalized because the servers aren't that great or reliable.
Doesn't matter what it is, the truth is that crashes can be fixed which they will eventually and if cutting the amount of dc instances in half isn't justified enough for you when they literally ruined games than thats you mind set and i cant change it.
That logic doesn't make sense, survivors are the ones who regularly dc yet killer start camping, tunneling, and slugging more? no that hasn't changed mate if anything the only thing i see that has gone up is hook suicides which is still better than a straight up dc. seriously that has no connection at all to players being scummy unless they suicide or if the killer is getting rekt they start camping which has always been the case so really nothing new there.
as far im concerned the amount of dc's from errors or server disconnects are in the minority of actual dc's and again can be fixed. reducing the amount of total dc's is healthy for the game, it has not increased the amount of toxic tactics or whatever thats just how this game is and instead of killers dc'ing they will resort to that so sorry if you cant get a free win from it.
edit: You will probably respond with it has increased the amount of body blocking or whatever for survivors and i know i said it but just clarify again IT has NOT increased the amount of toxicity of survivors, THAT is just how this game is. I can confidently say that since I know how survivors usually act since i have played this game shortly after its first year of launch, which would be about 3ish years.
This logic makes perfect sense. Prior to the DC penalty when you could just leave if you were being face-camped, hard tunneled, bleed-out slugged etc I feel that killer practiced a little more restraint knowing full well that going into complete d-bag mode would most likely end up with everyone just heading out to play some other match. But now they are fully aware that if you leave you will take the punishment for there unsavory behavior so they are free to camp, tunnel and slug with reckless abandon and know that very few are gonna peace out. As far as suicide, that is not any kind of behavioral deterrent because the killer still 4k's and does not give a crap how it was achieved.
As far as surviviors, I have experienced more survivor on survivor sweat since the DC penalty for most likely the same reason. They know that you are not gonna DC out of the match. So your only real recourse is spicy post-chat, not very concerning. I have played this game for 2 and a half years. I have been a red rank survivor many times but do not play killer nearly as much so have only been a green rank killer. But I feel that in 2000 hours of play I have a pretty good grasp of how things have progressed over the years.
I will also say that these are multi-dimensional problems and no one thing effects them completely. I am just noting a worsening in the behavior since the DC penalty implementation, not that it did not happen prior.
Good old penalties discussion. How nobody understands how network systems work and if you understand what ECC RAM is, plus how to configure Fibre Channel systems, to connect up with a Plasmon DATA disk library, I might give a +1 .... A plus 10 if you can Load Balance a server cluster WITHOUT the use of Virtual Machine software 🤣
The sad aspect is. The penalty is HARSH. Some areas of the World have GOOD, solid network systems and others do NOT. I live by a MASSIVE data drop, yet my ISP won't buy into the lines that have good, amazing tried n tested lines. Instead they use OLD Cisco switches in a small 8x8 building in the middle of nowhere, and refuse to tap those newer lines and IF I cannot get a good, solid connection. I lose my connection and pretty soon. My right to use this game.
Fair? I mean you might think it should be. But what isn't fair is. I bought the game BEFORE the rules changes went into effect. And if I pressure my ISP for equipment changes and upgrades in a CIVIL MANNER. It wont happen anytime soon. Regardless.
Here is an IDEA - (remember, the best solutions are peaceful solutions eh?) --- wait for it..
SUGGESTION:
OPEN Q
The Mode where everyone accepts what happens...
Yes, Really. With people running this game on run-down laptops, seedy Wifi Connections and old trunk lines that the ISP tapped into. OPEN Q would be great! And it provides BEHAVIOR INTERACTIVE what we call in the world of business 'INSURANCE". Preventing another "big kid on the block" from making a knock-off 4 v1 horror, survival video game that becomes another "K-mart vs Walmart" instance.
The added bonus.. If a player(s) drop. Each slot has a BOT put in its place by the game. It isn't hard to program a Jake that sits by the exit gate and can either HEAL you if you walk by, or it uses the "Squat command" on a spam rotation. The REAL Dead By Daylight experience. WITH an added "Get gud" that it puts in chatline, post-match message.
~ You are welcome! ~ 😎
Tbh, my switch propably is 2 years old, well going on it's second year but it still crashes my games, smash to pokemon to DBD, idk how to fix it, I ain't gonna remove parts nor send it back to Nintendo just to fix simple errors, I live with it but it's a pain to have the penalty for a default I didn't commit, I never dc'ed cause I'm fair play, you play campy or like a ######### (my bad), I'm just gonna suicide hook and get my minimum bps but it still sucks to see errors and penalty.