Was the BNP nerf necessary?
I want to hear opinions.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Please decide yourself... i just posted in your other thread...
Ok i post the question again for further reference:
Was the mori nerf necessary?
Mori was nerfed last year. Before you could mori anyone the moment you downed him. Now you need to hook them first.
BNP was nerfed then too, alongside mori. Both were necessary.
I agree. That´s why i brought this up.
@Tsulan
A mori can currently skip 8 hooks. That’s 66% of the killers objective done with an ultra rare. What’s BNP do now? 4 can do a gen instantly, so 20% of the survivors objective.... with FOUR. BNP did need ANOTHER nerf, this was too hard though. Should do 50% of a gen
No, but i barely used it, so i don't care.
I also agree on this one!
BNP nerf was to harsh, but survivors prefered to not participate on the PTB to change the final numbers of the BNP nerf. Back then i said, that survivors will regret this. And tadaaa they do.
Now it´s to late to change it. We´ve got to live with the consequences.
Yup
From the question I am reading, if they can mori someone the moment they down them, that is too powerful and make matches much shorter than they’re suppose to be. I presume the nerf was to give survivors a chance before they get killed off way too early in the game?
I also presume the nerf on the BNP was to also give killers a chance. I just wanted to hear everyone’s opinion. I think it was good that it got a nerf, it makes me feel bad for thinking that though because almost all my friends are survivor mains and they complain and say that the BNP was balanced and I can’t even explain it to them properly without them cutting me off and saying it was balanced because it would eat up all your toolbox if you messed up...
They changed it because their data showed how much of an impact stacking BNP's into one game had on the survival rate.
So anotherwords, this was a way to target SWF.
Correct. Moris were to strong back then. Same goes for BNP. Gens are take 80 seconds to finish if a single survivor repairs them. If the survivor hits consistently great skill checks and/or uses toolboxes it´s even less.
All 5 gens can be repaired in 3 minutes. Now imagine 4 BNP that instantly repair a gen. Then game would take less than 2 minutes. BNP needed a nerf.
yes, yes it was.
Wanna make myself clear, I understood the nerf it got. As others said, yes, it was needed, but not that much.
@PinkEricka @Jack11803 @Tsulan I disagree with both nerfs Killers mori shouldn't have been nerfed and neither should have brand new parts.
The parts were 7k and skill required hitting skill checks.
The mori's were a terrific counter against swf and ds. Killers could be more strategic with their offerings.
If i got downed and taken out with a mori it was whatever. I prefer that over being camped and tunneled.
That BNP nerf was big, but due to how big it was, it needs to be a Very Rare add-on and not Ultra Rare. And they need to think of Ultra Rare items that aren't insta-whatever like the Rainbow map and Skeleton key.
yes
Yes. It's now balanced.
Yes. Mori should also be switched to requiring 2 hooks before use.
An ultra rare addon which has been nerfed down to 25% progress? that's why some killer main's balance ideas aren't being taken seriously.
I wasn't talking about rarity dude. If we are going to talk about rarity, then it should be lowered to Very Rare.
I agree with being lowered to very rare, but it's still an ultra rare addon
Brand New Part nerf was necessary. Even though it's a rare occurrence starting a game and then 30 seconds later having 2-3 generators pop is awful. Because of that I'd often have a killer dodge the lobby if there was more than 2 toolboxes in the lobby. Personally I'd dodge if I saw 4 toolboxes because I got 4 man BNP'd one too many times when they were instant and if I don't have time to do anything I'm just not going to play with that lobby. There's no point.
It was also stupidly easy to power through HEX: Ruin with a BNP so the only option would be to locate a survivor before they reached a generator but if there's more than one of them you can't deal with all of them. I do like how BNP doesn't consume the toolbox now. I feel like a lot of high tier addons should be consumable without destroying the main item component just with slight nerfs. I also don't see the price of BNP's being unfair either because at high character levels it's stupidly easy to stockpile them.
Overall the changes to BNP were 100% justified and fair. I feel the same way about mori as well although I do feel Yellow Mori is kind of weak in comparison to the other two.
I don't have an issue with the nerf per see, but with it being an Ultra Rare and being 7k is way too expensive. Making it a rare for like 5k would be more appropriate. You could then insure it has the same chances of spawning as other rares of that quality say Stypics in the bloodweb.
I saw the numbers on the PTb and knew it'd be problematic but also knew that I could adapt to it. Before all killers ran Ruin which helped negate it and as well as overwhelming presence. There was also always some boob that would bring the killer right to me when using a BNP usually a Billy or Doctor.
decide for yourself.
do you want to play a tense round of DbD, with a lot of action going on and you barely make it out, but feel great for doing so, or do you want an eZ win in less time than it takes you to even find a game?
Not a big deal, most of BNPs were being used on brown toolboxes
yes free gens is crap even tho they are easy as hell to fix anyway.
Okay
Survivors prefer the EZ win most of the time, at least thats my experience
The devs said "hey, we're going to do this", and everyone on the forums collectively went "hm, that was random". Killers had wanted a nerf, but I don't recall anyone on the forums suggesting the current version of the BNP.
Perhaps you need to come to PC then since most of us want a challenging game that's fair to both sides but without all the jerks.
Sadly I am on PC and a lot of survivors I face as killer prefer the easy mode.
I don't really run into that except for the rank 15-20 range and sometimes lower. But the 1-5 range is usually pretty good but realistically unless you're at 1-2 you still get the jerks so to speak.
If you click on "show previous quotes" you'll see the guy who i replied saying "Yes. It's now balanced."
Absolutely.
Was to strong .
My opinion, is that they looked at numbers for game length and use of parts. They collected data and analyzed the numbers with statistics. They decided that the numbers revealed that the impact being made was too far outside the standard deviation of expected performance.
The original brand new part instantly completed the entire gen with no skill checks required. Obviously outside the realistic game play experience we know today. It needed a change.
Yes it was necessary. A single BNP would complete 20 % of the Survivors' objective in 10-20 seconds. That is simply too strong.
That would be pretty much equal to the Killer having something that would allow them to sacrifice a Survivor on the first Hook (something the original Memento Moris used to do, but that was nerfed).
Necessary? Yes
Too harsh? Definitely