Alien May Be Our New Killer
So it appears that the Xenomorph from the Alien franchise could be our most likely candidate for the next killer with Ellen Ripley as the mysterious survivor.
A YouTuber with close ties to the DbD developers who knew of the previous 2 killers has stated Candyman IS NOT the new killer.
Pennywise hasn't been all that impactful on the horror genre and Jason has some legal issues.
Alien on the other hand has marked both horror and sci-fi since it's inception and is a franchise that has been very influential as well as being very emotional for many people including potentially one or more DbD devs.
Many recent Tweets also seem to suggest heavily that our next killer is going to be out of this world and very much from the cold depths of space, where no one can hear you scream.
The popularity of Alien as a killer has also been going up as well as it's chances seemingly.
If this is true it's going to be a game changer and will really bring more attention to DbD.
Here's to hoping horror's biggest classic icon will make it into the game.
Comments
I still think it might be something that people haven't considered yet. It did say a classic licence, though it may not necessarily be a movie license. It could be a game or even a TV show. When I saw the black ooze from the eyes, I kinda thought of the x files. There's a lot of creatures/killers they could borrow from that show, like the bounty hunter dude. There's no telling though. *shrugs*
But are they iconic enough for people to know about them?
It's pretty much confirmed to be Candyman at this point. The 2020 trailer and the year 4 banner both have the same skull.
They already said it wasn’t candyman
I said Leprechaun.
Huh
But black liquid bro?
Wow
I didn’t know that. When/where did they say that?
Last i heard only scott jund a content creator said that. Hes been right for the past 4 killers so people give some weight to his words
I beleive the black liquid is just how they decided to render the tallymarks. As all the teaser skulls line up exactly with the tallymarks from the game.
Although, if you want to say the black liquid is significant, in Prometheus, the engineers have black blood. The engineers created the xenomorphs. Prometheus was a prequel to the Alien franchise. So that ties in.
Also, a TV show called the 100 uses black blood to portray some radiation resistant people.
Im sure there are more i just dont know off the top of my head.
Yeah I know that. I also know that he said he is not a reliable source for information though. And it definitely doesn’t equal „they said it’s not candyman“
Not arguing with you. Just trying to answer your question. To my knowledge he is the only one that said that. People tend to take his word as gospel though because of his track record.
I somewhat agree with him as the new candyman movie comes out closer the the next chapter. That would be better marketing then releasing it now before the movie hype even starts.
They can’t even get pallet drops and gen grabs right, I don’t have a lot of faith in them doing anything half decent if they tried wall climbing