New killer

“This new chapter will feature a classic license, one that has marked the world of horror since its inception” - has to be either Jason/Pennywise

The 4th anniversary stream is the same date as the friday the 13th game release date (may 26th) just 3 years later. Can’t be a coincidence

Comments

  • Please don't be Pennywise

    Please don't be Pennywise

  • I hope it pennywise because he deserves to be in this game I just hope it not alien or pinhead cause I don’t want them in the game in my opinion I think it going to be pennywise, Pennywise would be so much better

  • It's gonna be the creature in the closet and it's gonna eat all the survivors socks and favorite toys.

  • Considering Pennywise is a being from the macroverse I think it would be breaking the lore if he served someone other than himself.

    Considering the law suit is still going on I don't think it's Jason. Even if they get him in here they would probably be very limited with what they can do with him. If he is released and he needs a rework they would have to get permission again to change him.

    I'm stil wondering if it's Candyman but I don't think he is as popular are the devs are suggesting. He has a movie coming out soon so the people who own Candyman wouldn't mind some advertising to boost the opening weekend.

    Zenomorph would be weird. It's like we already got demogorgon, why not another monster killer?

  • I wonder if it will be something more classic. There are plenty of public domain characters that could make a decent horror character/survivor pairing. Could be something akin to the headless horseman (perhaps horseless, able to throw his head making the survivor fall but take no damage, sword for a weapon, Mori can call in the horse for something brutal) with an Ichibod counterpart survivor with evasion or hiding perks, or it could be something like a Nosferatu or Dracula having any number of powers and effects (being able to quickly mist through a window or quickly do something like "dead hard" with cool down timers, or bloodlust triggered power ups), with a survivor based on Van Helsing with "aggressive" perks, or ones that help turn the tables to keep track of the killer. Then there are werewolves, swamp creatures, lots to pick from. Many could work well with little adjustments here and there.


    TL;DR: lots of public domain things it could be, and I think about it way too much.

  • I’m happy for anything besides candyman. I don’t hate the movie, I just feel it would be a disappointment after using phrases like “emotional milestone” and “marked the world of horror” for a chapter that’s basically a movie promotion (which btw got delayed 5-6 months).

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Considering Pennywise is a being from the macroverse I think it would be breaking the lore if he served someone other than himself.

    Considering the law suit is still going on I don't think it's Jason. Even if they get him in here they would probably be very limited with what they can do with him. If he is released and he needs a rework they would have to get permission again to change him.

    I'm stil wondering if it's Candyman but I don't think he is as popular are the devs are suggesting. He has a movie coming out soon so the people who own Candyman wouldn't mind some advertising to boost the opening weekend.

    Zenomorph would be weird. It's like we already got demogorgon, why not another monster killer?

    I'm really hoping for Xenomorph and I hope he's near Nurse level tbh

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287484#Comment_1287484

    I'm really hoping for Xenomorph and I hope he's near Nurse level tbh

    Are we talking nurse lvl before or after buggy rework?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287597#Comment_1287597

    Are we talking nurse lvl before or after buggy rework?

    Preferably before but I'll take after if it's bug free (or at least less buggy than Nurse)

  • If it is pennywise, hope he will get a better power than out fake version of him

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287615#Comment_1287615

    Preferably before but I'll take after if it's bug free (or at least less buggy than Nurse)

    I would love that but it wil never happen. The devs are afraid to release strong killers or strong killer perks. Especially a strong licensed killer cause then people would scream pay2win.

  • @Strancol said:

    Please don't be Pennywise

    Please don't be Pennywise

    Why? You are breaking my heart :(

  • please dont be candyman. made a mark on horror? really? the film is trash

  • @Strancol said:

    Please don't be Pennywise

    Please don't be Pennywise

    Please be Pennywise

    Please be Pennywise

    *fixed

  • @Revzi100 said:

    please dont be candyman. made a mark on horror? really? the film is trash

    They said something about an iconic killer.. I don't know how Candyman is iconic. That would be very disappointing

  • @Revzi100 said:

    please dont be candyman. made a mark on horror? really? the film is trash

    The film is good. Less "torture porn" like Saw and more "psychological horror" like every good horror film and game ever. There's gore, sure, but it's not the main focus of the film.

  • I agree. Please not Pennywise or an IT chapter...I wouldn't want to see Tim Curry or Bill Skaarsgard portrayed so freaking awfully in a game. At all. It's one of the greatest horror movies so lets just let it be right where it is and not butcher it anymore please? This game hasn't exactly been too kind to killers and is known to drop the ball severely on impact. I'd be down for a Headless Horseman but horseless and Ichibod. That would be really nice and not really shown in horror that much anymore.

  • image.png


    You all know you want it! How terrifying would it be to have him stabbing your ankles mid match?!

  • Don't get me wrong. I really like Pennywise and Stephen King's books but Pennywise doesn't match this game. There are much better characters than Pennywise to implement.

    For example: Jason , The Thing , Candyman , The bee Alien , Pinhead , Chucky , Norman Bates and Vicor Crowley etc.

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287916#Comment_1287916

    They said something about an iconic killer.. I don't know how Candyman is iconic. That would be very disappointing

    He is iconic in horror community. Pennywise would be the real dissapointment. We don't need another clown

  • It must be little mermaid