Will history repeat itself? Re: Freddy outrage

So we all saw how it shook down the last few times: Nurse and Spirit threads every day non-stop and eventually they're changed.

Freddy already got changed (for the better imo fight me about it later) but now the threads are coming out of the woodwork. Is his time on the chopping block coming? I have heard next to nothing about the chainsaw boi addonpassrework since Nurse got hers so who knows at this rate.

Comments

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285480#Comment_1285480

    Then maybe don't open discussions with silly bait like, "What do you have against chases?" when no one said anything of that sort and that wasn't the topic at all.

    I was drawing logical conclusions based off of your previous comments on this thread. Pardon me if your opinion has changed drastically since you made these comments.

    "Most chases consist of the survivor running in circles while the killer tries to M1 them anyway."

  • @nancybestgirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285000#Comment_1285000

    Oh yeah, let's go to the other side of the map when im in chase just to wake up to be in the dream in less than 1m 30s.... and give freddy free pressure only for existing.

    And freddy forces you to run X loops if he spam snares....

    Freddy shouldn't get bloodlust when he spam snares

    Clocks shouldn't spawn in the other side of the map

    The passive fall asleep should be 1m 30s

    You know you can just fail a skill check on a gen and wake up, right?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285484#Comment_1285484

    I was drawing logical conclusions based off of your previous comments on this thread. Pardon me if your opinion has changed drastically since you made these comments.

    "Most chases consist of the survivor running in circles while the killer tries to M1 them anyway."

    And if you paid ANY attention to the context - and the question you initially quoted - you'd know why I said that.

    "What do you have against reading?"

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285480#Comment_1285480

    Then maybe don't open discussions with silly bait like, "What do you have against chases?" when no one said anything of that sort and that wasn't the topic at all.

    The survivor only camp will just beat you down verbally until they feel they won the "debate"

    There really is no use trying to change their mind on any subject since they will always be right and they must always get their way because everything is boring now and only their fun matters.

    Just let them murder the killer side and play lobby simulator.

  • I'm fine with a change. But, all he needs is a minor change. I think the only thing he needs is a bit longer of a cooldown in between placing snares. It would make players have to learn how to correctly place snares and make them play more methodically.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1284966#Comment_1284966

    I disagree. When you're awake he's just an m1 killer that can appear at gens. He's weak as hell when you're awake. And even when you're asleep you can always just not run the same loop over and over, the exact same counterplay as Hag.

    HAG HAS TO STOP AND SET TRAPS

    FREDDY DOES NOT

    im sick of people comparing him to killers who have risks to using their powers


    also passively falling asleep, I dissected all the ahem "counterplay" that people like to bring up before, all the arguments are flawed

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285010#Comment_1285010

    You know you can just fail a skill check on a gen and wake up, right?

    Waking up by failing skill checks is tied to RNG though.

    Failing a skill check results in 10% regression of the gen,a 3 second cooldown before you can continue working on the gen because of the animation and information for the freddy which gen is worked on and he has nothing to do to gain all these benefits.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285152#Comment_1285152

    Yes, never. I of course cannot prove that but every Freddy player I've face has never done stuff like that. So maybe it's a regional thing.

    And even if that is the case, I find that to be a very lackluster strategy for him to use. You can still fast vault the pallet regardless if you push yourself through the snares.

    That may be true,but not for the shorter loops you would find on Macmillan or Autohaven.

  • Yes. Freddy is too OP and needs several nerfs or another rework.

  • @Orionbash said:

    Yes. Freddy is too OP and needs several nerfs or another rework.

    Shhhh!

    Dude, stop!

    We say, "Freddy is boring" here. Keeps everything low-key.

    Jeez, you're gonna blow our cover.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285159#Comment_1285159

    Freddy doesn't need a nerf...I would rather have a killer where survivors need to struggle and make tough decisions in order to have a shot at countering it, not a killer where their power is a mere minor inconvenience like Legion.

    He does need a change to his passive sleep timer.A survivor can be great at staying awake all time and not getting hit by freddy but he will fall asleep regardless.

    Change the timer that way that it stops when the chase starts.That is the only change freddy needs in my opinion

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285000#Comment_1285000

    HAG HAS TO STOP AND SET TRAPS

    FREDDY DOES NOT

    im sick of people comparing him to killers who have risks to using their powers

    also passively falling asleep, I dissected all the ahem "counterplay" that people like to bring up before, all the arguments are flawed

    Yeah and Hag has stronger traps than Freddy does. Freddy's only work in a chase, outside of a chase if they get triggered they're useless, except maybe for a location tool but nothing else. If you randomly trip a Hag trap in her radius you will get hit, inside a chase or not.

    If he had to have tons of negatives to settings his they would need to become more powerful to compensate otherwise they'll be useless.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285645#Comment_1285645

    Yeah and Hag has stronger traps than Freddy does. Freddy's only work in a chase, outside of a chase if they get triggered they're useless, except maybe for a location tool but nothing else. If you randomly trip a Hag trap in her radius you will get hit, inside a chase or not.

    If he had to have tons of negatives to settings his they would need to become more powerful to compensate otherwise they'll be useless.

    Freddy cap spam them without any risk or forethought

    if you really think hag traps are stronger, than idk what to say

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285684#Comment_1285684

    Freddy cap spam them without any risk or forethought

    if you really think hag traps are stronger, than idk what to say

    You don't know what to say because Hag traps are definitely much, much stronger.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285687#Comment_1285687

    You don't know what to say because Hag traps are definitely much, much stronger.

    All we need to see that this is true is swap them. If Hag could spam her traps in the same way Freddy does, and Freddy had to set up like Hag, would they still be the same or would one be way worse and one suddenly a god tier killer?

    I understand it can feel unfair to see 6 traps suddenly on the loop you're at but that's the whole point is he forces you to play smart and keep track of where the traps are and what he is doing.

  • Everybody in this forum is a rank 1 killer/survivor main. If history repeats itself, they're probably right.

  • @OhMyWords said:

    Everybody in this forum is a rank 1 killer/survivor main. If history repeats itself, they're probably right.

    Not to toot my own horn but I am a rank 1 killer. If I played more survivor I might be a red rank too, but who knows.

    I don't base my arguments off of this though, I try to back them up with more than just r1 clout.

  • I meaning everyone on this forum is a rank 1 on both sides. Would you think that's true, when i said everybody without any statistics?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1285159#Comment_1285159

    Freddy doesn't need a nerf...I would rather have a killer where survivors need to struggle and make tough decisions in order to have a shot at countering it, not a killer where their power is a mere minor inconvenience like Legion.

    That's just the thing though. Freddy's power isn't exactly a "minor" inconvenience. The only nerf i proposed barely affects his strengths. Freddy can put someone to sleep both passively and aggressively. Top it off with addons like paint brush, there's really not much you can do against it.

    Its not a huge nerf to his kit, only a QoL change for people who dislike running across the map to some clock in a deadzone only to be struck by an m1 and put back to sleep.

  • I hope not! I'm still waiting on him to come to switch!

  • ???? Spirit was barely touched. Not sure how she's even relevant to this discussion.

    And barring her bugs, which need to be fixed obviously, Nurse is still very strong.

  • @coppersly said:

    So we all saw how it shook down the last few times: Nurse and Spirit threads every day non-stop and eventually they're changed.

    Freddy already got changed (for the better imo fight me about it later) but now the threads are coming out of the woodwork. Is his time on the chopping block coming? I have heard next to nothing about the chainsaw boi addonpassrework since Nurse got hers so who knows at this rate.

    That's how it works on the forums.

    Cry loud enough and they'll change it.

    Legion, Nurse, Spirit, Spirit Beads, Insta-Heals, Toolboxes, DS, Old DS,

    I'm not saying some of these changes were for the better, but there's an obvious equation on getting things nerfed here.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    ???? Spirit was barely touched. Not sure how she's even relevant to this discussion.

    And barring her bugs, which need to be fixed obviously, Nurse is still very strong.

    I never said she wasn't strong, but I do cry that she is terribly unfun now.

    And spirit got touched in exactly the way survivors were complaining about her. The addon and the collision were the 2 biggest complaints I saw and they were both addressed, that's why she's on here.

1 2 ›