Question about 3 gen

Imagine that there are 4 survivors that 3 genned themselves and you decide to protect those gens.

Are they allowed to not do the gens until you leave? Since its in their best interest to wait you out.

Comments

  • Why wouldn't they be allowed to wait it out?

  • Pretty sure op means the survivors do not attempt to work on gens until you DC, but perhaps they can clarify.

  • @Facture said:

    Pretty sure op means the survivors do not attempt to work on gens until you DC, but perhaps they can clarify.

    No i mean wait until killer leaves the area. The reason i am asking is because idk if its taking the game hostage

  • @Jejune said:

    Imagine that there are 4 survivors that 3 genned themselves and you decide to protect those gens.

    Are they allowed to not do the gens until you leave? Since its in their best interest to wait you out.

    If there are 4 survivors left at the three gen they still have the advantage, 1 survivor aggros chase with the killer the other three pile on a generator. As long as tge person being chased lasts more than 35 secs the gens done.

    If the killer doesnt go for that then you all split up on different gens and work all 3 at the same time. He cant be in 3 places at once and will eventually have to commit to a chase.

    Ive had survivors do what youre sugfesting, they always die eventually as I will start adjusting my patrol to include further parts of the map if its obvious they just arent going to do gens.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Why wouldn't they be allowed to wait it out?

    An argument can be made that if youre refusing to do the objective youre holding the game hostage 🤷‍♂️

  • @Jejune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275114#Comment_1275114

    No i mean wait until killer leaves the area. The reason i am asking is because idk if its taking the game hostage

    they can and they do. and it's pretty annoying tbh. survivors punish the killer for their own mistake. I mean punish because as a killer I have ZERO reason to leave the area with the gens. If survivors refuse to do the gens they end up making the match painfully long

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152521/question-about-3-gen

    If there are 4 survivors left at the three gen they still have the advantage, 1 survivor aggros chase with the killer the other three pile on a generator. As long as tge person being chased lasts more than 35 secs the gens done.

    If the killer doesnt go for that then you all split up on different gens and work all 3 at the same time. He cant be in 3 places at once and will eventually have to commit to a chase.

    Ive had survivors do what youre sugfesting, they always die eventually as I will start adjusting my patrol to include further parts of the map if its obvious they just arent going to do gens.

    yeah 4 survivor should still be able to chip away at gens. That being said I don’t think they HAVE to try, and I don’t think the killer HAS to leave the area.

    Personally I would give in pretty quick because I don’t wanna play an hour long game. Just the other day we got three gemmed against Doctor with overcharge/unnerving after a couple minutes I just stayed on a gen til he got me hopefully I bought that other 3 some time.

  • I wouldn't consider that taking the game hostage, though I don't know why they wouldn't split pressure on the last 3 gens.

  • The thing is that the killer is doing his job by defending the generators, they are the killers to prevent from activating. The survivors who arent attempting to do gens are the ones holding the game hostage by actively trying to avoid the objective. Unless of course they are trying and simply getting pushed off, but thats not what OP was talking about.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275121#Comment_1275121

    yeah 4 survivor should still be able to chip away at gens. That being said I don’t think they HAVE to try, and I don’t think the killer HAS to leave the area.

    Personally I would give in pretty quick because I don’t wanna play an hour long game. Just the other day we got three gemmed against Doctor with overcharge/unnerving after a couple minutes I just stayed on a gen til he got me hopefully I bought that other 3 some time.

    Idk how often its enforced but the devs have mentioned before that holding the game hostage is against TOS. If the killer refuses to ever engage with the survivors and just protects the gens, or i imagine if survivors refuse to ever work on gens thats holding the game hostage. It really only comes up in a 3 gen situation and I imagine it more falls on the killer since he can still go and look for the survivors.