proof that behaviour listens to us if we all are united (AA disabled back again)

image.png

Yes. Anti-Alising is disabled again. I'm crying. Thanks ;D.

For the ones who don't know the setting for it:

Go to the windows' search bar and type for a program called "Run" or just press windows key+R. After opening, type %appdata% and click on accept. Now here, you have to revert one folder clicking here (where the rectangle says):

image.png

Then, by order, open the following folders: Local>Dead by Daylight>Saved>Config>WindowsNoEditor>Engine.ini

Inside, leave one line space and paste this paragraph at the end:

[/script/engine.engine]

bSmoothFrameRate=false

MinSmoothedFrameRate=5

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=144

bUseVSync=false


[/script/engine.streamingsettings]

r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False

r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False

r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False

r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

Comments

  • I'm a console pleb but I guess I'll celebrate too :)

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Proof*

    I'm a console pleb but I guess I'll celebrate too :)

    not only celebrating the AA disabled again, this means behaviour listens to the community if we all are agreed, either survivors or killers.

  • Or

    %localappdata%

    lol Skip a few steps. =]

  • I would not recommend meddling with the configurations in the game, it sounds dangerous and it is known people have turned the Anti Aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things. So I would recommend being extremely careful and probably spreading this information has good intentions but it might get used wrongly by other users.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Or

    %localappdata%

    lol Skip a few steps. =]

    tbh I didn't know that

  • @angematias said:

    I would not recommend meddling with the configurations in the game, it sounds dangerous and it is known people have turned the Anti Aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things. So I would recommend being extremely careful and probably spreading this information has good intentions but it might get used wrongly by other users.

    you know, players have been using these kind of settings since 2016, it's not even banable and it's to change simple basic settings devs are lazy to inplement in-game?

    also ######### exploit for changing game settings? no lmao

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273334#Comment_1273334

    you know, players have been using these kind of settings since 2016, it's not even banable and it's to change simple basic settings devs are lazy to inplement in-game?

    also ######### exploit for changing game settings? no lmao

    They were able to remove some walls via special settings.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273352#Comment_1273352

    They were able to remove some walls via special settings.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6upErMXSd04

    also, never saw what that thing of removing wall anywhere, are you sure it's not simply hacking?

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273356#Comment_1273356

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6upErMXSd04

    also, never saw what that thing of removing wall anywhere, are you sure it's not simply hacking?

    I am not really into that stuff but i heard from many people that they locked settings like this to prevent the players from abusing it. Someone even shared a clip of it in a post but i cant find it anymore. :/

  • Engine.ini file or GameUserSettings.ini ?

  • They didn't listened to us. They literally threat to us that if we're gonna touch the files then we're gonna get banned. Also why they allow us to touch the game files instead of finally adding a proper graphic settings? Community hate that much?

  • Angelicus the commands you've listed have absolutely nothing to do with Anti-aliasing. This is what you need:

    [/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    @angematias said:

    I would not recommend meddling with the configurations in the game, it sounds dangerous and it is known people have turned the Anti Aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things. So I would recommend being extremely careful and probably spreading this information has good intentions but it might get used wrongly by other users.

    Meddling with the Engine.ini config file is not "dangerous", you're just changing built-in commands that do not have an equivalent in the in-game menu. You cannot "turn anti-aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things". Anti-aliasing in this game is either On or Off, and all it does is attempt to smooth out jagged edges in the screenspace. You're thinking of other commands that could do things like disable fog or mess with the FOV.

    @mottigedel said:

    so have they removed the restriction to temper with the engine.ini file??? Is this confirmed by the devs?

    They re-enabled specific commands such as r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0. I don't know if others like r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False work still.

    @RepliCant said:

    Engine.ini file or GameUserSettings.ini ?

    Engine.ini

    @Ihatelife said:

    They didn't listened to us. They literally threat to us that if we're gonna touch the files then we're gonna get banned. Also why they allow us to touch the game files instead of finally adding a proper graphic settings? Community hate that much?

    They didn't threaten us with bans. What they said was that the EAC client (which they have no control over) could for some bizarre reason change and instead of spitting out file modification errors (which it does right now), it'll just ban you from the game. I have no idea why this would ever happen and I suspect they've understood this too since config editing is possible again.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273334#Comment_1273334

    you know, players have been using these kind of settings since 2016, it's not even banable and it's to change simple basic settings devs are lazy to inplement in-game?

    also ######### exploit for changing game settings? no lmao

    As has been proven before, there are changes that can be made through the anti-aliasing that aren't intended for the game, I would bother with researching a little rather than simply denying it next time. Developers did not intend to lock the anti-aliasing some way if there weren't any issues with it. Issues they are looking into.

  • @angematias said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273352#Comment_1273352

    As has been proven before, there are changes that can be made through the anti-aliasing that aren't intended for the game, I would bother with researching a little rather than simply denying it next time. Developers did not intend to lock the anti-aliasing some way if there weren't any issues with it. Issues they are looking into.

    As above, you cannot "make changes through the anti-aliasing". They've already disabled the commands that were causing problems. r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0 has NOTHING to do with those.

    If they're not willing to add settings to the in-game menu, it would be nice if BHVR could release a list of officially supported commands to help inform the community on how this stuff works.

  • @Malkraz said:

    Angelicus the commands you've listed have absolutely nothing to do with Anti-aliasing. This is what you need:

    [/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273334#Comment_1273334

    Meddling with the Engine.ini config file is not "dangerous", you're just changing built-in commands that do not have an equivalent in the in-game menu. You cannot "turn anti-aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things". Anti-aliasing in this game is either On or Off, and all it does is attempt to smooth out jagged edges in the screenspace. You're thinking of other commands that could do things like disable fog or mess with the FOV.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273425#Comment_1273425

    They re-enabled specific commands such as r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0. I don't know if others like r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False work still.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273431#Comment_1273431

    Engine.ini

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273464#Comment_1273464

    They didn't threaten us with bans. What they said was that the EAC client (which they have no control over) could for some bizarre reason change and instead of spitting out file modification errors (which it does right now), it'll just ban you from the game. I have no idea why this would ever happen and I suspect they've understood this too since config editing is possible again.

    So you wanna say that changing graphic options in game files is normal though yeah? meh. They should anyway change that service wth anti-cheating. EAC is completely useless about the hackers.

  • @angematias said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273352#Comment_1273352

    As has been proven before, there are changes that can be made through the anti-aliasing that aren't intended for the game, I would bother with researching a little rather than simply denying it next time. Developers did not intend to lock the anti-aliasing some way if there weren't any issues with it. Issues they are looking into.

    Sorry but you should be the one doing research, do you even know what antialiasing is? Anti aliasing is harmless, there were other modifications to the engine.ini file and those were causing problems, not antialiasing.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273465#Comment_1273465

    So you wanna say that changing graphic options in game files is normal though yeah? meh. They should anyway change that service wth anti-cheating. EAC is completely useless about the hackers.

    Fun fact, this is essentially all you're doing when you change graphics options in the in-game menu. It's just a different interface.

    It's up to BHVR to curate which commands they want the player to have access to.

  • @RepliCant said:

    Engine.ini file or GameUserSettings.ini ?

    engine.ini

  • @Malkraz said:

    Angelicus the commands you've listed have absolutely nothing to do with Anti-aliasing. This is what you need:

    [/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273334#Comment_1273334

    Meddling with the Engine.ini config file is not "dangerous", you're just changing built-in commands that do not have an equivalent in the in-game menu. You cannot "turn anti-aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things". Anti-aliasing in this game is either On or Off, and all it does is attempt to smooth out jagged edges in the screenspace. You're thinking of other commands that could do things like disable fog or mess with the FOV.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273425#Comment_1273425

    They re-enabled specific commands such as r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0. I don't know if others like r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False work still.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273431#Comment_1273431

    Engine.ini

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273464#Comment_1273464

    They didn't threaten us with bans. What they said was that the EAC client (which they have no control over) could for some bizarre reason change and instead of spitting out file modification errors (which it does right now), it'll just ban you from the game. I have no idea why this would ever happen and I suspect they've understood this too since config editing is possible again.

    well these and the fps unlock thing are my only modifications in Engine.ini and it's actually disabled.

  • @angematias I think people answered you enough. Play with wose graphics if you want while others prefer not to play a blurry blinded game, and don't lie about things without even getting informed, because days ago I published a post in the forums teaching many ways to improve visuals in dbd with sharpness, hdr, etc and even tho that discussion has been in the main page for days, devs didn't even say any word... Ah yeah I'm not banned if you wondered :)

  • Good news, but it's kinda sad that bhvr only takes action when nearly the entire community bullshits in the forum about it for weeks. This shouldn't be a thing in the first place and definetly not after pointed out once.

    And I know I'm not making friends by being "that guy" but we are still missing those options in the settings menu and console players still have no choice.

    Better than nothing I guess but we should still continue to voice up about it.

  • @angematias said:

    I would not recommend meddling with the configurations in the game, it sounds dangerous and it is known people have turned the Anti Aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things. So I would recommend being extremely careful and probably spreading this information has good intentions but it might get used wrongly by other users.

    AA can't be exploited. AA is turned off by default and activating it is supposed to smooth edges. The game logic isn't altered in any way no matter what value AA has. I suggest watching a quick explanation about AA on youtube, I recommend Linus tech tips. After that you will realise that it's impossible to exploit anything.

  • Other way around, it's enabled by default.

  • @Malkraz said:

    Other way around, it's enabled by default.

    I meant to say: a barebone game has no AA. AA is a post process added afterwards. Might have worded it wrongly, English isn't my 1St language

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273323#Comment_1273323

    not only celebrating the AA disabled again, this means behaviour listens to the community if we all are agreed, either survivors or killers.

    I wish there were more subjects that united both sides like AA did.

  • It's all Greek to me. Can someone what they're talking about?

  • @Malkraz said:

    Angelicus the commands you've listed have absolutely nothing to do with Anti-aliasing. This is what you need:

    [/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273334#Comment_1273334

    Meddling with the Engine.ini config file is not "dangerous", you're just changing built-in commands that do not have an equivalent in the in-game menu. You cannot "turn anti-aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things". Anti-aliasing in this game is either On or Off, and all it does is attempt to smooth out jagged edges in the screenspace. You're thinking of other commands that could do things like disable fog or mess with the FOV.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273425#Comment_1273425

    They re-enabled specific commands such as r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0. I don't know if others like r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False work still.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273431#Comment_1273431

    Engine.ini

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273464#Comment_1273464

    They didn't threaten us with bans. What they said was that the EAC client (which they have no control over) could for some bizarre reason change and instead of spitting out file modification errors (which it does right now), it'll just ban you from the game. I have no idea why this would ever happen and I suspect they've understood this too since config editing is possible again.

    They didn't threaten us with bans. What they said was that the EAC client (which they have no control over) could for some bizarre reason change and instead of spitting out file modification errors (which it does right now), it'll just ban you from the game. I have no idea why this would ever happen and I suspect they've understood this too since config editing is possible again.

    EAC cannot and will not ban you for CONFIG file editing. Especially since it's not directly in the game's directory. A lot of games provide the option to adjust config/ini file changes with no repercussions. If they truly don't want config editing, then they add code into the game that ignores config files altogether and read off predefined settings.

    If EAC were to start doing that, then a lot of people would end up falsely banned, not just in DBD, but many many other games.

  • *Happy Legion noises*

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273465#Comment_1273465

    So you wanna say that changing graphic options in game files is normal though yeah? meh. They should anyway change that service wth anti-cheating. EAC is completely useless about the hackers.

    They will do more skins than the normal game graphics settings.

  • @IamDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273465#Comment_1273465

    They didn't threaten us with bans. What they said was that the EAC client (which they have no control over) could for some bizarre reason change and instead of spitting out file modification errors (which it does right now), it'll just ban you from the game. I have no idea why this would ever happen and I suspect they've understood this too since config editing is possible again.

    EAC cannot and will not ban you for CONFIG file editing. Especially since it's not directly in the game's directory. A lot of games provide the option to adjust config/ini file changes with no repercussions. If they truly don't want config editing, then they add code into the game that ignores config files altogether and read off predefined settings.

    If EAC were to start doing that, then a lot of people would end up falsely banned, not just in DBD, but many many other games.

    I agree, was just correcting him on what the devs have stated, accurate or not.

  • @angematias said:

    I would not recommend meddling with the configurations in the game, it sounds dangerous and it is known people have turned the Anti Aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things. So I would recommend being extremely careful and probably spreading this information has good intentions but it might get used wrongly by other users.

    You must've been such a goody-two-shoes in elementary school lmao. So cringe

  • I already did the frame rate uncap before reading this. It was 100% worth it.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/669/image.png

    Yes. Anti-Alising is disabled again. I'm crying. Thanks ;D.

    For the ones who don't know the setting for it:

    Go to the windows' search bar and type for a program called "Run" or just press windows key+R. After opening, type %appdata% and click on accept. Now here, you have to revert one folder clicking here (where the rectangle says):

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/814/image.png

    Then, by order, open the following folders: Local>Dead by Daylight>Saved>Config>WindowsNoEditor>Engine.ini

    Inside, leave one line space and paste this paragraph at the end:

    [/script/engine.engine]

    bSmoothFrameRate=false

    MinSmoothedFrameRate=5

    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=144

    bUseVSync=false

    @angematias said:

    I would not recommend meddling with the configurations in the game, it sounds dangerous and it is known people have turned the Anti Aliasing all the way down to exploit a few things. So I would recommend being extremely careful and probably spreading this information has good intentions but it might get used wrongly by other users.

    @angematias said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273352#Comment_1273352

    As has been proven before, there are changes that can be made through the anti-aliasing that aren't intended for the game, I would bother with researching a little rather than simply denying it next time. Developers did not intend to lock the anti-aliasing some way if there weren't any issues with it. Issues they are looking into.

    If you all are so scared about the ban. USE LOW SETTINGS. It disables antialiasing.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    It's all Greek to me. Can someone what they're talking about?

    image.png

    (better disabled)

  • Nice it works :) Thanks ^^