Recommend me a killer

I haven't played DbD all that much since Ghostface (got back into it a few days ago). However, my SWF teammate can't always be there for me and I abhor playing solo survivor, so I'm looking for suggestions for which killer to get out of the following, based purely on their power and how it works (don't take into account perks or survivors from the same DLC):

Demogorgon

Oni

Deathslinger


I may not purchase it at all, depending on how toxic survivors get tonight, but some information from people who've played these killers would really help me out.

Comments

  • I'd personally would choose Oni. What I really liked about Legion was how fast they felt (as shallow as that sounds), but Oni is actually lethal while his power is active. Demo would come in close second, and my love for the Piggy lunge definitely influenced that. Deathslinger is good, but I just can't stand the 110%.

  • Haven't seen you around in ages man, welcome back! I'm personally loving Oni, he's super strong and super fun, really lethal too. Demogorgon is another I got, but doesn't feel as consistent as Oni, but is still a lot of fun and really good. I reckon you'd like him.

  • Deathslinger, Oni would be a close second and honestly is probably better than Deathslinger tier-wise, however if you aren't using Yamoaka's Wrath effectively he is very much an m1 killer. Deathslinger has his ability and all the time and I don't know if you've heard this yet, but Deathslinger is much godd*mn fun to play

    Seriously, winning or losing Deathslinger is something fun and unique in Dead By Daylight. Oni is just a mix of a bunch of older killer powers wrapped into one, he's like if you threw Hillbilly, Michael Myers, and Leatherface into a blender. Don't get me wrong, Oni is super cool and that's why I say he's a close second.. but he's not exactly unique (gameplay wise, he's certainly super cool and unique lore-wise) and he doesn't introduce anything new to Dead By Daylight. You could honestly play Billy for a similar experience.

    Demogorgon is a dead last, he's really balanced and somewhat viable, people like him because of Stranger Things, but if I'm going to be entirely honest with you I have not seen a demogorgon in #########' months. It's like the don't exist, I don't know what it is but Demogorgon is one of the least picked killers in Dead By Daylight, and there's certainly gotta be a reason for that.

  • I like Deathslinger as a survivor, but how hard is it to aim with his gun?

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Deathslinger, Oni would be a close second and honestly is probably better than Deathslinger tier-wise, however if you aren't using Yamoaka's Wrath effectively he is very much an m1 killer. Deathslinger has his ability and all the time and I don't know if you've heard this yet, but Deathslinger is much godd*mn fun to play

    Seriously, winning or losing Deathslinger is something fun and unique in Dead By Daylight. Oni is just a mix of a bunch of older killer powers wrapped into one, he's like if you threw Hillbilly, Michael Myers, and Leatherface into a blender. Don't get me wrong, Oni is super cool and that's why I say he's a close second.. but he's not exactly unique (gameplay wise, he's certainly super cool and unique lore-wise) and he doesn't introduce anything new to Dead By Daylight. You could honestly play Billy for a similar experience.

    Demogorgon is a dead last, he's really balanced and somewhat viable, people like him because of Stranger Things, but if I'm going to be entirely honest with you I have not seen a demogorgon in #########' months. It's like the don't exist, I don't know what it is but Demogorgon is one of the least picked killers in Dead By Daylight, and there's certainly gotta be a reason for that.

    Oh boy, hope I meet up with you with my Demogorgon then.

    I will show you no mercy as I become more and more feral as the trial goes on.

  • Demo is best boy

  • Demo - The Demogorgon is decent. I'd put him in the same tier as The Hag. Demo can teleport anywhere if portals are placed, and they can't be destroyed instantly. They also give away a survivor who is close. It's teleport, however, is not instant, as is the Hag's, but you get the undetectable status effect for a couple seconds. The most important part is his successful attack animation though. Essentially Pig ambush, but a teenage girl on steroids.

    Oni - Essentially Billy 2.0. He is better in chases, but his power must be charged, making early game a slog. The dropped blood orbs also give him valuable information that The Hillbilly doesn't have. It's more a matter of preference.

    Deathslinger - The Deathslinger is incredibly weak compared to his female counterpart, and is therefore less able to score kills, but he is great with NOED if that's your thing. His meh range and stun time from a survivor breaking free really slow him down though, and if you're playing on an indoor map, then you won't have a good time.


    Overall, I wouldn't recommend Deathslinger. He's just too weak, and on indoor maps with line of slight blockers such as the 40 walls and many drop points such as the boiler thing in the game, he just doesn't have a lot of pressure

    The Demogorgon and The Oni are the best of the two, but Demo is more for fun while Oni is more for power. It's more about preference, but if you're going to get The Demogorgon, then I recommend buying the bundle.

  • I'd say oni hes a ton of fun

  • Demogorgon. He's a good alrounder with a fun power and good atmosphere.

    Oni is too sluggish and got a bad early game.

    Deathslinger got a really high skill floor and skillcap, but suffers from missing map pressure. He also got too many counters imo.

  • @Orion said:

    I haven't played DbD all that much since Ghostface (got back into it a few days ago). However, my SWF teammate can't always be there for me and I abhor playing solo survivor, so I'm looking for suggestions for which killer to get out of the following, based purely on their power and how it works (don't take into account perks or survivors from the same DLC):

    Demogorgon

    Oni

    Deathslinger

    I may not purchase it at all, depending on how toxic survivors get tonight, but some information from people who've played these killers would really help me out.

    deathslinger is the most fun out of those. Oni is decent too.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151531/recommend-me-a-killer

    deathslinger is the most fun out of those. Oni is decent too.

    @Dwinchester How hard is it to aim his gun, though?

  • Depends on the quality of survivor. I find it easy, easier than oni's strike.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267047#Comment_1267047

    Depends on the quality of survivor. I find it easy, easier than oni's strike.

    @Dwinchester I meant, did the devs implement artificial limitations like a moving reticle or something?

  • All of them of pretty enjoyable to play.

    Oni is probably the most enjoyable with the best results. Flying about the map in Blood Fury is so fun.

    Demogorgon is also very enjoyable.

    Deathslinger is about as difficult as Huntress is but you have to be much more precise. He has instant ADS so if you can quick scope well then he shouldn’t be an issue. He has VERY low sensitivity when moving his gun so quick scoping is the best option.

  • Oni is the strongest among the three. His power is actually pretty damn good if used properly. You can win matches very quickly with Infectious Fright.

    Deathslinger is also a ton of fun. Shooting survivors with a harpoon gun is quite satisfying. I actually think Deathslinger is a pretty decent killer when played well. Just be aware that survivors can juke your shots rather easily. You'll definitely have to practice him a lot before you become proficient.

    Demo is a decent killer as well, but not as satisfying as the others.

    If you only care about strength, go with Oni. If you want a killer that will give you room to grow and improve yourself, choose Deathslinger.

  • fair warning if you play with good headphones..Demo and BrOni are loud af 😂😂😂. I have to turn down my headphones when i'm picking perks and such for them or my ears bleed.

    I like gunslinger's mechanics but I just still can't get down with the yeehaw cowboy theme. Just on that alone, i lean more to the brOni.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    All of them of pretty enjoyable to play.

    Oni is probably the most enjoyable with the best results. Flying about the map in Blood Fury is so fun.

    Demogorgon is also very enjoyable.

    Deathslinger is about as difficult as Huntress is but you have to be much more precise. He has instant ADS so if you can quick scope well then he shouldn’t be an issue. He has VERY low sensitivity when moving his gun so quick scoping is the best option.

    ADS?

  • ADS means “Aim Down Sights” which is basically how fast he can pull up his gun and aim. It’s almost instant as the survivors have very little indication of when he is pulling up his gun when he quick scopes so that’s why they’ll bob and weave constantly and lose distance trying to dodge his shots.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267169#Comment_1267169

    ADS means “Aim Down Sights” which is basically how fast he can pull up his gun and aim. It’s almost instant as the survivors have very little indication of when he is pulling up his gun when he quick scopes so that’s why they’ll bob and weave constantly and lose distance trying to dodge his shots.

    Thanks. I think I've collected enough information, now I just need to decide which killer to buy...

  • I'll gift you Deathslinger if you buy oni ;)

  • Get Oni, if not then demo because deathslinger is booty cheeks

  • @Seanzu said:

    I'll gift you Deathslinger if you buy oni ;)

    @SenzuDuck For real?

  • Oni is probaply the strongest, though Deathslinger is the most fun.

    id go with Daddy Slinger.


    or Demodoggo if you feel cute. he is a good boi.

  • Thanks to @SenzuDuck I was able to get both Oni and Deathslinger. If the next killer is the Candyman, I'm definitely getting that as well.

  • @SenzuDuck That was very kind and generous of you :)

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267085#Comment_1267085

    @Dwinchester I meant, did the devs implement artificial limitations like a moving reticle or something?

    Not sure what you mean. He has iron sights, but quick shooting is the better option.

  • Death Slinger is very fun, either that or play Demo.


    Oni to me, is just a worse Billy. Until you get his power, then he's kinda OP with that hit box tho.

  • @Orion said:

    Thanks to @SenzuDuck I was able to get both Oni and Deathslinger. If the next killer is the Candyman, I'm definitely getting that as well.

    Goddamn, what an absolute legend

    Props to @SenzuDuck

    @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1266842#Comment_1266842

    Oh boy, hope I meet up with you with my Demogorgon then.

    I will show you no mercy as I become more and more feral as the trial goes on.

    I never said he was bad, in fact I distinctly said he was viable. However it's just straight facts, this killer is hardly picked at all and if he really is as good as people say then shouldn't people be picking him more often? Otherwise if people are just talk but don't actually play the killer or just opt to play someone else over Demo then that just makes those people a bunch of Charlatans.

    And that means either two things: 1 the killer is actually not as good as people say, or 2. the killer is just not fun to play. That's the long and short of it to explain the decline of the demogorgon population, because there is and there's no disputing that, you can check up on the last graphics and data the devs gave us on pick rate and all the way back since 2019 he was bottom 5. Right next to actually bad killer picks like Clown, Leatherface, hell LEGION was picked more than Demogorgon at the time.

    @Peanits said:

    Stats are back at last! We've taken some time to gather some data and make some fancy graphs for your viewing pleasure. Be sure to let us know if you'd like to see more regular stat releases in the future! Since it has been a while since we last shared stats, these graphs show data from the past three months unless otherwise stated. Please keep in mind that numbers are not everything; there are a whole bunch of factors that could influence these numbers.

    Note: If you're having trouble viewing the charts, clicking on them will open a larger version.

    Killer power vs. popularity

    Starting off with how frequently killers are played compared to how well they tend to do on average. A 50% kill rate would be the equivalent of two survivors dying and two survivors escaping.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/KSPIKOCTC8RD.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/910/6KD3I8P3L1V9.png

    Maps

    We went ahead and checked which three maps are safest and which three are the most dangerous.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/275/ZYOLAR28JADQ.png

    Mid-chapter 3.3.0: Outcome

    The Nurse was changed in the last mid-chapter patch, and we've been keeping an eye on her performance since then. Below, we've listed her performance on PC before and after the changes, both in all ranks and in red ranks. Like the charts above, the numbers shown here are her kill rates (where 50% means two survivors escape and two die).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/864/BDOZ0GYZMPZW.png


    Honestly, seeing ANY demogorgon would be a welcome change of pace beyond both the meta and non-meta picks. Lol that's when you know something's wrong when demo isn't even on the "non-meta pick list" he ain't even on the list that's how rare I've seen this killer lately (personal experience in red ranks).