Saying DS isn't an anti tunnel perk doesnt address any of the many problems this perk has

Read the entire post before commenting.

Ive been seeing many people on the forums discussing ds being confirmed not to be anti tunnel and just have to say. OK? Ds not being anti tunnel doesnt address any of the problems the perk has when it comes to its imbalance of lockers and gens. A survivor can hop into a locker with ds, head on, and inner strength and end your career. If enduring still counted for all of these stuns I would be perfectly fine with this. I'm not trying to get a nerf to ds. It's great for solo players who get terrorized in this game. I'm just saying something as simple as giving enduring a slight effect on it would even out the playing field alot more. that way both sides would be happy with the change. That way survivors can keep their perk and killers aren't hit with 2 huge stuns in a row.

Edit thanks to @Kebek if it weren't for this comment I would've never made this post.

20200508_032607.jpg


Comments

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265710#Comment_1265710

    Man I'm really sad how many upvotes you got. Just shows how many ignorant people are on this forum. I'll put this simply so you and your ilk can understand it:

    The DS timer doesn't activate when you are being tunneled. A survivor shouldn't be able to be tunneled through DS just because another survivor was unhooked while their DS was active, this suggestion makes no sense and is just an idea entitled killers crowd around like moths to a flame.

    I'm multiple levels of confused on ######### the point of this comment was

  • Now I may just be a little buzzed up but if I read most of this thread right you guys are saying killers should tunnel to get DS out of the game early. The only time I've seen it as a problem is at end game.

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273932#Comment_1273932

    I'm multiple levels of confused on ######### the point of this comment was

    Not my fault. I'm not required to stoop to your level. I'm sure if you try real hard, you'll understand eventually. Here's a hint: that idea is flawed and it doesn't deserve the support it receives.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274121#Comment_1274121

    Not my fault. I'm not required to stoop to your level. I'm sure if you try real hard, you'll understand eventually. Here's a hint: that idea is flawed and it doesn't deserve the support it receives.

    You know, just a small tip, but telling someone off like this makes them less likely to see your point of view, especially if you lowkey called them lesser than you:

    I'm not required to stoop to your level. I'm sure if you try real hard, you'll understand eventually.ย 

    You're not gonna change anyone's minds by calling them that.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275950#Comment_1275950

    You know, just a small tip, but telling someone off like this makes them less likely to see your point of view, especially if you lowkey called them lesser than you:

    I'm not required to stoop to your level. I'm sure if you try real hard, you'll understand eventually.ย 

    You're not gonna change anyone's minds by calling them that.

    They obviously don't want their mind to be changed, they want to tell off people who disagree with them. Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather not waste my effort :/

  • I'm still surprised that in 2020, people still can't count to 60 and don't know who was just unhooked 30 seconds ago.

  • Are survivor allowed anything? Anything? DS was already massively nerfed, but DS is easy, DONT tunnel and it's useless! Simple.

    Since this is something you can avoid by not tunneling, but you choose not to. How about NERF NOED then, I don't want to do totem to avoid it, so NERF it. Whats the difference here? Oh, one benefits you, got it.

    You already have DS nerfed. AND MoM. Get over it.

  • DS is really bad at anti tunneling, a good survivor will outrun the timer which is why they force it with lockers, otherwise they get no use out of their perk. Don't forget that if you're downed straight off the hook you can just get slugged for 60 seconds and then you're being tunneled with no consequence. And if you've fully healed and started doing a gen, the timer stays.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I'm still surprised that in 2020, people still can't count to 60 and don't know who was just unhooked 30 seconds ago.

    so slug them for 60 seconds you know to slug someone else has to me within like 13 meter radius like really close youre just letting them on the floor and by the time they get up theyll still have the timer

  • Keep enduring the same. Reduce ds timer from 60 to 50. Make it cancel when entering a locker midchase (maybe popping a gen to). It prevents uncounterable gameplay ( No, letting them go by just leaving the locker isnt a counter ). Then again what do I know, i dont really care. Im numb to most of DBD's BS anyway, so eh.

  • ๐Š๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ž๐ง๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฆ๐ž. ๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐๐ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ƒ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ ๐ž๐ง/๐„๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐š ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ซ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ 60 ๐ญ๐จ 50. ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐›๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง. ๐„๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง๐ญ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ง๐ฎ๐ฆ๐› ๐ญ๐จ ๐ƒ๐๐ƒ'๐ฌ ๐›๐ฌ, ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ž๐ก.

  • DS is an anti-tunnel AND anti-momentum perk due the 1 minute of immunity.

  • @afroboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275990#Comment_1275990

    so slug them for 60 seconds you know to slug someone else has to me within like 13 meter radius like really close youre just letting them on the floor and by the time they get up theyll still have the timer

    Why would you slug someone for 60 seconds?

    Why is the person with DS slugged on the floor? Why were you camping? Why couldn't you have gone for someone else?

    Why is THIS person with DS on the floor for 60 seconds? Why didn't you go for someone else?

    I leave the person slugged for at most 10 to 15 seconds because someone else is already on hook.

  • DS is just a punishment perk without any consecuence forthe survivor, is just 1 min of immunity. thats why is an S teir perk and one of the best in the game it activates by failing at doing your objective wich is escaping from the killer as similar as noed.

  • DS is a god perk that apparently gives you invincibility meaning the killer will M1 you over and over but until those 60 seconds are up you will not go down.

    /s

  • I'd be on board with Enduring affecting the DS stun.

    However, I don't think it should affect Head On stuns. The 3 seconds (though it's more like 2,5 or even 2 seconds, since the survivor has to finish the "exit locker" animation first before being able to run and make distance) already doesn't let you get much distance if you even get to use Head On during a chase.

    It's not even a particularly meta perk (I'd go as far as saying that it's mostly used for meme purposes), so giving it an indirect nerf really wouldn't really do it any favor.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288895#Comment_1288895

    Why would you slug someone for 60 seconds?

    Why is the person with DS slugged on the floor? Why were you camping? Why couldn't you have gone for someone else?

    Why is THIS person with DS on the floor for 60 seconds? Why didn't you go for someone else?

    I leave the person slugged for at most 10 to 15 seconds because someone else is already on hook.

    i dont get your point at all and i never camp thats why i run bbq lol and i slug the guy i kill with bbq and then go back to the hook and try to get a hit or two and everyone says go for someone else you think going for someone else will take 2 seconds to down no im talking about the red ranks not the green ranks and ######### these players have hundreds or thousands of hours they wont get mindgamed by hiding my red stain and why is the guy with ds on the floor because i dont want to get a 5 or 2 second stun idk and then have to chase someone else its pretty simple

  • @afroboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289597#Comment_1289597

    i dont get your point at all and i never camp thats why i run bbq lol and i slug the guy i kill with bbq and then go back to the hook and try to get a hit or two and everyone says go for someone else you think going for someone else will take 2 seconds to down no im talking about the red ranks not the green ranks and ######### these players have hundreds or thousands of hours they wont get mindgamed by hiding my red stain and why is the guy with ds on the floor because i dont want to get a 5 or 2 second stun idk and then have to chase someone else its pretty simple

    Have you been drinking?

  • @seki23 said:

    DS is just a punishment perk without any consecuence forthe survivor, is just 1 min of immunity. thats why is an S teir perk and one of the best in the game it activates by failing at doing your objective wich is escaping from the killer as similar as noed.

    1. Most perks don't come with a consequence. BHVR has done a lot of work in older patches to remove consequences from perks.
    2. It does not provide 1 minute of immunity. It provides 5 seconds of stun. If a killer chooses to GIVE a survivor 60 seconds of immunity vs. eating a 5 second stun, that's their choice.
    3. DS activates for a number of reasons, and none of them have to be because you failed at anything.
  • if you dont want to discuss dont and i didnt understand anything from you aswell

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289653#Comment_1289653

    1. Most perks don't come with a consequence. BHVR has done a lot of work in older patches to remove consequences from perks.
    2. It does not provide 1 minute of immunity. It provides 5 seconds of stun. If a killer chooses to GIVE a survivor 60 seconds of immunity vs. eating a 5 second stun, that's their choice.
    3. DS activates for a number of reasons, and none of them have to be because you failed at anything.

    This 100%.

  • @CantDeadHarder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267619#Comment_1267619

    Well I never said you said it was braindead, I was trying to say how you implied that it was braindead. Also DS + Unbreakable is strong but only once. If they unbreakable they will no longer have it but they'll have DS, and if they got to unbreakable then their DS is practically useless. If they DS you because you forgot you hooked them within 60 seconds or something, all they have is unbreakable, which will be rendered useless as there is no reason to be slugged if you have no DS or if the killer is trying to get a 4k near the end of the game or just being a dick.

    I still don't understand why people think dead hard is op, just assume they have it and bait the dead hard and get the hit, it's not hard. If they are dead harding to pallets maybe hit them before they get into range of the pallet? Also killers like clown and Doc which force you to drop pallets early are essentially stronger now since the pallet desert update. Survivors have to conserve and try not to greed pallets before having to finally drop them, It's kind of a dumb update when you have a 2 perk combo that allows you to ignore pallets and get an eventual hit and killers like clown and doc exist, forcing you to drop all 5 pallets in the map during a chase. So if running Enduring and Spirit fury isnt worth, DS + Unbreakable isn't either. There aren't many matches where everyone gets slugged, so Unbreakable isn't worth running, however it is very impactful when the perk works, and you can recover your team. Enduring + Spirit fury is hold W and you get a free hit/down, atleast with DS you have to land a skill check. That combo is pure aids in chase, they both help you with chases so idk why you think killers dont have perks to help them in chase like survivors do.

    You say that DS was better to deal with back then, but it got reworked cause generally killers thought it was op, which it was. Now DS is balanced and people want the perk to be unpopular and tunneling will become popular and killers will turn the other cheek. And what decent killer opens a locker when the unhooked person went in there? LOL, while there is a chance, why take the risk when you know that player has DS and you're 99% sure? Keep mental notes of who you hooked so you don't have to worry about it, or like i said, GET RID OF IT EARLY.

    And for the record most killer mains want all of the survivor meta perks to be gutted. Adrenaline is an end-game perk, so if the survivors make it to endgame they deserve the huge reward that Adrenaline gives you, Devour Hope rewards you for not playing like a dick so it's fair. BT is balanced, just dont hit the unhooked person and go for the unhooker, sometimes hook diving is necessary, just because a survivor does it when it's not needed doesnt make them toxic, it becomes a 1 for 1 which usually isn't worth, unless it's a facecamper. Dead Hard, doesn't even work half the time because dedi servers, just wait it out or hit them before they get near a pallet.

    DS is fine where it is, as much as I don't like Tru3, sometimes in his gameplay he will eat DS early so he doesn't have to deal with it endgame, maybe killers should start doing that so it doesn't ######### them over late game.

    Gotta say the comparison you're using isn't that great and that Dead Hard hypothetical is very...odd.

    Firstly, you act like Unbreakable is simply a perk that lets you pick yourself up, when it also lets you recover faster. This means you don't necessarily have to use it up until it's completely necessary. Just have another survivor pick you up and you still have a pick-me-up and your DS.

    Second, you portray Spirit Fury + Enduring like it's ez free hits when you can just not stun him by predropping pallets. Sounds stupid but you're basically nullifying half his perks and if it's a choice between seeming stupid while taking away 2 of a killers 4 perks and getting hit for free, I'm tryna be the dumbest man on the planet idk about you.

    Lastly, I take umbrage with the suggestion of "just hitting the guy before he dead hards to a pallet" because chances are if someone is complaining about dead harding for distance it isn't because because they couldn't smell the breathtaking shampoo and conditioner the survivor is using anymore because they were so close "just hitting them" was an option, it's probably because they were going to be close enough to get a hit, but they used dead hard, getting them to the pallet.

    PS: Could you teach me to paint with such a wide brush like you did with that "killer mains" remark? I'm ######### at painting in general so it may be hard.

  • DS is only strong at the end game. So do what I do, just eat it and you won't have to worry about it later. I don't have a problem with it whatsoever. If a survivor goes into a locker why would I let them be when I can just get rid of it easily?

    I don't understand people wanting enduring to reduce the stun timer either. Did you all forget when it actually reduced the stun? Equipping it was worthless because the killer was on you right away as soon as you dropped.

    Whenever I don't equip DS and no one else in the lobby has it/killer has no obsession perk guess what happens? The killer doesn't have to worry about DS so they tunnel away the person that is unhooked. who can blame them? It's the most efficient way to win. That's why I'd rather put it on so that the killer at least doesn't tunnel everyone off the hook right away.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Enduring shouldn't work against DS period. Enduring is for pallet stuns, the devs finally got the perk right. When DS was first changed, Enduring caused DS to not have any effect. If a killer is guilty of tunneling and they get DS'ed, they shouldn't have that stun minimized because they had a perk, that is just silly. I'm actually pretty humored by all the DS nerf posts lately. Guys, you seriously need to git gud at killer. You are embarrassing yourself.

    People who don't play killer really shouldn't tell those who do how to play, or to gitgud. :)

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    Read the entire post before commenting.

    Ive been seeing many people on the forums discussing ds being confirmed not to be anti tunnel and just have to say. OK? Ds not being anti tunnel doesnt address any of the problems the perk has when it comes to its imbalance of lockers and gens. A survivor can hop into a locker with ds, head on, and inner strength and end your career. If enduring still counted for all of these stuns I would be perfectly fine with this. I'm not trying to get a nerf to ds. It's great for solo players who get terrorized in this game. I'm just saying something as simple as giving enduring a slight effect on it would even out the playing field alot more. that way both sides would be happy with the change. That way survivors can keep their perk and killers aren't hit with 2 huge stuns in a row.

    Edit thanks to @Kebek if it weren't for this comment I would've never made this post.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/131/H0CTQFJCC8RD.jpg

    I agree with this 100%. I use the DS and head on combo, and while it is fun for me- I understand why killers tunnel you hard for doing that. Not only is it disgusting, it's just.. it's very obvious people do it to be like, "AHAha, I have these perks and unless you want to leave me, you have to suck it up and take me DS stun!"

    There are ways to counter it, but obviously killers don't always think about it in the moment, and end up getting shat on essentially. Survivors playing cocky like this, while fun to DO, is not fun to play against. Adding this little "nerf" (I wouldn't even call it that.. it's literally balancing a known problem-esk thing.) would make DS and head on not compatible 100% of the time if they ran enduring, but if the survivor doesn't realize what's happening the killer can get some nasty revenge on them for trying it. :)

    I like this suggestion! So def an upvote from me!

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1264470#Comment_1264470

    People who don't play killer really shouldn't tell those who do how to play, or to gitgud. :)

    People that don't play survivor shouldn't be asking for DS nerfs. If you want to tunnel constantly without repercussions then you need to git gud :)

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Enduring shouldn't work against DS period. Enduring is for pallet stuns, the devs finally got the perk right. When DS was first changed, Enduring caused DS to not have any effect. If a killer is guilty of tunneling and they get DS'ed, they shouldn't have that stun minimized because they had a perk, that is just silly. I'm actually pretty humored by all the DS nerf posts lately. Guys, you seriously need to git gud at killer. You are embarrassing yourself.

    Excuse me tunneling excuse its not available.Ds is not antitunnel perk so punish a killer for tunnel the hooked with DS is not a valid argument.

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    Read the entire post before commenting.

    Ive been seeing many people on the forums discussing ds being confirmed not to be anti tunnel and just have to say. OK? Ds not being anti tunnel doesnt address any of the problems the perk has when it comes to its imbalance of lockers and gens. A survivor can hop into a locker with ds, head on, and inner strength and end your career. If enduring still counted for all of these stuns I would be perfectly fine with this. I'm not trying to get a nerf to ds. It's great for solo players who get terrorized in this game. I'm just saying something as simple as giving enduring a slight effect on it would even out the playing field alot more. that way both sides would be happy with the change. That way survivors can keep their perk and killers aren't hit with 2 huge stuns in a row.

    Edit thanks to @Kebek if it weren't for this comment I would've never made this post.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/131/H0CTQFJCC8RD.jpg

    honestly they didnt even need to nerf enduring. I feel like the devs dont even play their game sometimes. Its blatantly obvious that giving a 5 second stun after being caught twice even before bt and their exhaustion perk can and will be abused. Its just frustrating because it would be nice to also take less of a stun from other survivor perks.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263678#Comment_1263678

    Fun Fact: DS got buffed back when Enduring effected all stuns because Enduring made the DS stun timer barely over a second. The fact that when Enduring got changed they didn't revert the buff baffles me. I agree that Enduring should effect all stuns again, just make pallet stuns the same but give a reduced amount for other stuns.

    If they reduce it back to 3 seconds, it'd probably lessen the complaining. Even though it is fine now tbh.

    But my opinion on this is, hell no. Enduring was way too good back then. Leave it as it is, and reduce the DS stun to 3 seconds if you're that desperate.

  • Look the fact that i spend all that time chasing the survivor they get the gate open I finally get him/her only to be knifed and t baged a the entrance and straight after getting sht talked is like...for fck sake I hate this perk so much because it's just there for prcks to compensate for they're lack of skill

1 2 โ€บ