When will they fix Spirit?

Yeah, I'm gonna whine for a bit.

Yes, she is overpowered.

At least with Nurse, you can at least tell if she's blinking. You can't tell if a spirit is phasing. There is no indicator whatsoever, other than the sound- of which, if you hear, it's probably too late.

She's way too easy to play. I got a 4k first try on her with little to no effort. She is easy to learn, and with the right perks (mostly anti gen rush) you're pretty screwed.

Sorry for whining but, I'm done playing against spirits. You get spirits every 2-3 games while in red ranks, and if she's not even fun to play against. You can barely even get the satisfaction of out juking her because there is NO INDICATOR of whether she is phasing or not.

If you have a standoff at a pallete where you don't know if she's phasing or not, it's either vault it and find out she's not actually phasing, or wait and get slapped on the side you are on because you didn't know she WAS phasing.

The devs can easily add some sort of indicator.. so please. It's so unfun, the clusters of spirits, forever freddies, etc. At least freddies are somewhat fun, if it's not a ff.

Please don't argue with me if you have different opinions, if you do- just say them. If you're a spirit main, please. Just leave it be. There is no indicator that she is phasing so don't argue with me on that.

I'm down to listen to you on opinions- just don't be rude.. thanks. :) <3

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265213#Comment_1265213

    To me I only really find Huntress, Deathslinger, Nurse, Demo and Oni difficult tbh.

    Starting out as Trapper is also pretty confusing imo

  • It definitely can be, as hag too if you don’t know survivors general movement.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265183#Comment_1265183

    You could train yourself on a bike using rocks taped to sticks, doesn't make those rocks training wheels. A training wheel makes it so you move faster and your bike doesn't fall over. Rocks and sticks barely do either, but do ease the experience a little.

    I’m not saying Spirit isn’t a pretty straightforward killer to learn but if she’s considered “training wheels” then a majority of the killers in the game would also be considered “training wheels”.

    Spirit isn’t complicated but she is one of the more complicated ones since she is 110%, relies on her power heavily for downs, has to actually know how to track survivors properly, and is more difficult when survivors are actually good and running perks like Iron Will. She’s not noob-friendly, you have to actually be a good killer to be good with Spirit. An experienced killer player won’t have issues but mediocre/average killer players will struggle.

    I think she’s fine the way she is personally. I just never have any complaints when facing a Spirit, then again I always run Iron Will.

  • Okay so I'm biased against spirit because I hate her lmao but here's my take on the matter:

    When I'm equipped with iron will and the spirit is good and doesn't have stridor, I can sometimes have a fun match against her provided my team aren't pepega. I can be random, I usually have Q&Q in my build for more juking potential, and when the spirit does outsmart me I'm not salty because I've had a chance and blew it. It was a guess for her as much as it was for me.

    When a spirit uses stridor... Forget that and throw it all away, burn the remains, move to Mexico and start a vanilla farm. Stridor on spirit is an absolute disgrace and anyone who uses it instantly becomes one of my least favourite people because it removes the one thing you can do against a spirit while injured; walk. She knows where you are. You're screwed. It's game over before it begins.i despise stridor spirit more than an old 4 blink noed/ruin/infectious/sloppy nurse on the game. She is the antithesis of fun and I hate it.

    One of two things should happen to spirt IMO (again OPINION):

    -Indication when she's phasing. This doesn't need to be some neon flashing sign saying LOOKIE HERE I'M PHASING but something subtle yet noticeable from across a loop would be amazing. Therefore you know she IS phasing but she could be stood still waiting for you to re-vault, or could be circling around.

    -Injured survivors' moans of pain are omni-directional. You can tell how close they are but not where they are just from their moans. Footsteps? Fine. Scratch marks? Fine. Just not the moans of pain. This removes the one thing I hate about spirit above all else- the uncounterability of stridor and I'd happily take this any day of the week.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265192#Comment_1265192

    I’m not saying Spirit isn’t a pretty straightforward killer to learn but if she’s considered “training wheels” then a majority of the killers in the game would also be considered “training wheels”.

    Spirit isn’t complicated but she is one of the more complicated ones since she is 110%, relies on her power heavily for downs, has to actually know how to track survivors properly, and is more difficult when survivors are actually good and running perks like Iron Will. She’s not noob-friendly, you have to actually be a good killer to be good with Spirit. An experienced killer player won’t have issues but mediocre/average killer players will struggle.

    I think she’s fine the way she is personally. I just never have any complaints when facing a Spirit, then again I always run Iron Will.

    I didn't say she's not fine, nice dodge.

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1264680#Comment_1264680

    I always want survivor nerfs and killer buffs.

    Killer is stressful, survivor is really easy for me

    I agree. But I want those 4ks

    I wonder if I would stress less if I didn't care how many got out.

  • Complaining about a killer and bitching that they take no skill, is training wheels, and only take good headphones is insinuating that you think they aren’t fine. I didn’t dodge anything homie.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1264944#Comment_1264944

    I agree. But I want those 4ks

    I wonder if I would stress less if I didn't care how many got out.

    Its not that I want the 4k

    Well... I get tbagged nd clicked at by survivors who then flame me in chat and direct messages for letting them live.

    The emblems say didn't do well if I don't get them all

    The scoreboard shows me loosing

    And the evil overlord I'm trying to please says he's disappointed in me. Just like my dad.


    So like its neat bhvr says its OK to only get half... but it really doesn't feel good spending all that time playing a game and getting in the horror mood only to have every aspect tell me I failed.

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265294#Comment_1265294

    Its not that I want the 4k

    Well... I get tbagged nd clicked at by survivors who then flame me in chat and direct messages for letting them live.

    The emblems say didn't do well if I don't get them all

    The scoreboard shows me loosing

    And the evil overlord I'm trying to please says he's disappointed in me. Just like my dad.

    So like its neat bhvr says its OK to only get half... but it really doesn't feel good spending all that time playing a game and getting in the horror mood only to have every aspect tell me I failed.

    Yeah, I'm in agreement. They really have to adjust the emblem system for killers so you don't feel bad for playing nice

  • @Snowstruck said:

    Yeah, I'm gonna whine for a bit.

    Yes, she is overpowered.

    At least with Nurse, you can at least tell if she's blinking. You can't tell if a spirit is phasing. There is no indicator whatsoever, other than the sound- of which, if you hear, it's probably too late.

    She's way too easy to play. I got a 4k first try on her with little to no effort. She is easy to learn, and with the right perks (mostly anti gen rush) you're pretty screwed.

    Sorry for whining but, I'm done playing against spirits. You get spirits every 2-3 games while in red ranks, and if she's not even fun to play against. You can barely even get the satisfaction of out juking her because there is NO INDICATOR of whether she is phasing or not.

    If you have a standoff at a pallete where you don't know if she's phasing or not, it's either vault it and find out she's not actually phasing, or wait and get slapped on the side you are on because you didn't know she WAS phasing.

    The devs can easily add some sort of indicator.. so please. It's so unfun, the clusters of spirits, forever freddies, etc. At least freddies are somewhat fun, if it's not a ff.

    Please don't argue with me if you have different opinions, if you do- just say them. If you're a spirit main, please. Just leave it be. There is no indicator that she is phasing so don't argue with me on that.

    I'm down to listen to you on opinions- just don't be rude.. thanks. :) <3

    Don't know about your region but i am geting spirits like in every 10 or 15 games. And still easy to juke just need to get mind out of looping mentality like you use for other killers.

  • @kosmi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151146/when-will-they-fix-spirit

    Don't know about your region but i am geting spirits like in every 10 or 15 games. And still easy to juke just need to get mind out of looping mentality like you use for other killers.

    It's ridiculous you can't hear her phasing when in the terror radius, it's genuinely broken

1 2 ›