What tips can you give someone who just started
Okay so I downloaded dbd last week and played about 5-7 games and i only play as the shape because I’m a huge Halloween fan and the other killers don’t really catch my attention. Do I NEED to play as other killers or can I just continue how I am? Also my style is to find survivors and hook them and pretty much camp so I know they die and this has gotten me wins but one game I only got one kill which is a first and afterwards I got some salty guy in my messages.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
if you camp you will never get good at chasing, finding survivors and putting pressure on the map.
leveling other killers for their teachable perks helps.
PS you are going to get rekt at higher ranks and genny rushed if all you do is camp.
Camping works sometimes, but only because survivors are too altruistic. The higher you get in ranks the less it will work. You will also get more BP if you hunt down others after hooking. It will also generate a lot of salt from survivors. That being said, sometimes camping can be the best move.
Camp if you think it's the right strategy. If you win, then it's the right strategy.
Try to surprise survivors from the corner/border of the map. They won't expect you.
When stalking someone who hasn't seen you yet, hide a moment after reaching evil 2. They hear it and will look around.
Consider putting points into the doctor. He has Monitor&Abuse. This is a must have for Michael. Since it reduces greatly his terror radius.
Camping will lose you most of the games on higher ranks. Also it will net you fewer points.
A good killer knows when to camp and when not.
And I only camp after I hook a survivor. The rest of the time I’m trying to flank around the map and try to damage generators but I obviously know my play style can’t be that great since I don’t have experience. Also I play cod ww2 if anyone else does as well.
I would highly discourage sticking to camping as your go-to strategy to secure kills. Not only is it not fun at all to watch one person die, you're giving the rest of their team an opportunity to complete generators while you essentially AFK.
Playing as both sides survivor and killer will help you improve on both sides. Don't let the frustration from not "winning" get to you. You don't have the experience or the perk build to match up against the killer or survivors, but you will eventually.
Only camp hooked people if others are rushing for rescues. If you down someone near a hooked Survivor let him lay on the ground if no hook is near and keep an eye on him.
You should keep an eye out for perks in the store,
https://dennisreep.nl/dbd/killers/shape/ here are some ratings on perks for The Shape
I can't give specific's on The Shape because I haven't gotten the DLC yet, lol
Here's a guide that isn't that popular so you might not find it on your own, it's worth checking out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UoymuGcBzY
Yes - play some survivor as well. Know thy enemy.
Also monitor and abuse and the dead rabbit add-on is a winning combination.
I love your drama posts.
Play the way you feel best fits you, if its camping, go for it. Have fun. Do not worry if you do not get a kill every match, that comes with experience. Try other killers, they may offer a play style you enjoy. Try survivor, it will help to become a better killer.
PLAY BOTH SIDES.
Ignore salt or revel in it
99% your Evil Within 2 and then tap it to go to Evil Within 3 if you're playing Myers
Only camp when exit gates are open, if the survivors are altruistic, if there are multiple hooked survivors, and if there are survivors are nearby
Learn how to mindgame (moonwalking and stuff)
P L A Y - B O T H - S I D E S
You can only play 1 killer if you want to do that, might become boring though.
I suggest a healthy rotation between 3-4 killers.
camping works in low ranks because survivors dont know what to do, but once you face more experuienced survivors it doesnt work anymore
Just enjoy the salt, thats part of the game
I'd love to tell you some tips and help. Just add me man.
Supersonic41194
Easy.
In short... play other killers, but you don't have to try them all. Myers being in this game is what drew me to it also. It was a really cool thing.
Some people will act like camping is just the worst thing ever. It isn't.
Camping in certain times is very helpful to you. They act like camping is cheating.
While it makes the game not that much fun for the person that got "caught"... they other survivors are free to do gens if you are camping. It's a trade.
So camping isn't ideal, but in certain situations it is vital. Survivors aren't entitled to survive.
If you are playing killer lots, close the end game chat
Strongest and most OP build on Myers is Hex Ruin (Hag), Dying Light (Myers), Play With Your Food (Myers), and Whispers (universal killer perk), with Fragrant Tuft of Hair and Judith's Tombstone. You will need to stalk A LOT but never need to hook anyone. Once you get enough EW to just about get to tier 3, look for the obsession. Chases them 3 times, pop EW, then tombstone them ASAP (tombstone is a standing mori special to Myers). If you kill this person before Ruin goes down, the game will stop because DL+Ruin basically stops gens completely. Use Whispers to find the rest.
Go here and watch everything! Then start playing.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqtGqBVwNf_I5zRcQ1tqzjg
You got some great tips, so here's something NOT to do that The Shape once did to me:
I was last in the game, dying state, so The Shape didn't even pick me up, he just chilled in front of me, letting me bleed. Funny story, it was my first time using the perk that allowed me to recover from the dying state once per game--so I did, and he was AFK.
I died that game, it was t e r r i f y i n g seeing Michael appear behind a corner in his Evil Within III and stabbing me and hooking me this time, but I did repair +1 generators and tried to find the hatch (failed). So, long story short, don't go AFK!
But sadly, those players get called out by diehard survivor mains, because they are "killer biased".
So I recommend you to also play survivor and Survive With Friends. This'll give you a more realistic view on how the game is balanced.
You don't need to play as other killers. But I would recommend investing some of the bloodpoints you earn into the others. Each killer (and survivor) has "teachable" perks. These are perks that are unique to them, but once you level them up enough, you can unlock a teachable version which allows you to get them in the bloodwebs of other killers. So if you really like Myers, for example, you might want to level up the doctor to unlock Monitor and Abuse (a perk that makes your terror radius smaller).
Best tip I can give you is to just play as both sides. The way to become a better killer is to become a better survivor and vice versa. If you know what a survivor is thinking, you can predict what they're going to do and play around that. Know what works, figure out how the good survivors/killers you go up against counter that. Also, always keep an open mind. Rather than thinking, "That's no fair", think, "How could I have prevented that?"
Btw if anyone wants to swf with me my ps4 is diamonddabs.
Good to see you stick through it.
Ignore this. Camping is a horrible strategy and will only work against bad survivors who still try and save without Borrowed Time. Might get a win but you'll always be in low ranks. Also, it's not fun for you as the killer or the survivors. I'm a killer main who's hit rank 1 every season since I started playing 6months ago and I never camp. It's unnecessary to win, and again, not fun for anyone. Even as a killer, it's a lot more fun (and rewarding in terms of both bloodpoints and personal satisfaction) when you do well and secure 4k's without camping. You also won't learn anything about the game mechanics and killer/survivor strats by doing so.
Camping is inherently bad because it puts the power in the Survivors' hands, but they decide to misuse that power and reward camping, which makes it the best strategy for getting kills nine times out of ten.
Or you know... being a good killer is the best strategy 9 times out of 10....
If the survivors are bad enough to make dumb saves/misuse that power when the killer is camping, then the survivors are bad enough for the killer to beat them easily without camping...
Most people will flock to what gets the best result for the least amount of effort. If you want to purposefully handicap yourself and always allow for free hook rescues so that you have to work more for your kills, that's up to you. Other people will actually defend the hook from would-be rescuers or even use it as bait, and it works just as well.
You might wanna level up other killers to get the teachables. As for camping you are not gonna get much bp this way
ok so because your camping gens are your big problem i recommend this camp a survivor until their stage 2 hook that way if theyre hooked again they die. then if a loop goes on for to long its an bullshit unwinnable chase and you need to let them go or maybe play trapper with your style though i do agree myers is the most fun if you play only myers stalk pile lots and lots of addons i currently have like 30 of each