Nurse has a Major Problem

While Nurse's rework is a problem itself, the biggest problem she has are her addons. They are so bad in their current state and most of them hurt her more than help her and some are just useless and don't make sense.

Matchbox (Ultra Rare) removes 1 blink (making her have only 1 blink then) and makes her base speed 4.2 m/s. Why is this an addon? Sure it increases her speed but isn't the whole point of Nurse to blink? Why take that away?

Also, Metal Spoon and Bad Man Keepsake are addon versions of Stridor and Nurse's Calling. Why use those when you can just use her own perks (which are better than the addons...)

The worst addons of all though are definitely her bloodpoint addons. They moderately decrease a part of her blink (distance and lunge) and only give her double bp for one blink action. At least her previous addons actually helped in game, these don't.

While Nurse is still a powerful Killer, her rework but her into a bad spot and is no longer enjoyable to play. If they won't revert her entirely they should at least either revert her base power or addons.

Comments

  • Imagine having torn bookmark and spawning on Hawkins. You're a m1 killer with no power. Whoever designed that add-on has never played nurse in their life.

  • they hate nurse

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Imagine having torn bookmark and spawning on Hawkins. You're a m1 killer with no power. Whoever designed that add-on has never played nurse in their life.

    If you want to use the addon but worry of bad maps then use a map offering?

  • I think the nurses addons were well done. I usually stack one cooldown with one addon for what im feeling. If I see medkits it might go for the nurses calling addon or if I see a meme squad I might go for the 4.6m/s after a succesful blink attack. They give the feeling of choice and versatility but never losing out on too much because of a strong base power.

  • 'One' major problem? I would love to live in that reality!

    @Sluzzy said:

    Imagine having torn bookmark and spawning on Hawkins. You're a m1 killer with no power. Whoever designed that add-on has never played nurse in their life.

    I've never been a fan of ultra rares and op add-ons, but the downside to torn bookmark is totally unjustified, because it wouldn't be that strong even if they removed the minus. The way her basekit works now, the penalty is already built-in because the third blink has to recharge. Adding another handicap on top that and even more so removing the ability that makes Nurse the Nurse, i.e. going through objects, is massively overkill.

    Let's not go over all the meme add-ons and those that are own perks made as add-ons. The imagination must've lacked big time when they reworked them.

  • Her add ons seriously need another pass. She's very expensive to play at a high level with add ons due to only having 4 good ones. Her base kit is so much more counterable by survivors who understand her vs her kit with range/cooldown add ons.

    If the whole point of the nerf and add-on pass was to eliminate the ridiculous power creep of her add ons, they went too far in the other direction. For the most part, this is only against unpredictable W gamers who vary the pathing just enough to be slightly out of range of blink 2 at base kit. The same complaints about lack of counterplay vs Spirit shouldn't be intended viable counterplay vs Nurse. It's not necessarily about the Nurse making a mistake all the time. Her base kit as it stands means there are situations when survivors can run without a plan for an excessive amount of time before having to make a choice.

    My record is 3 laps around Rotten Fields as a survivor before the Nurse gave up.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    I think the nurses addons were well done. I usually stack one cooldown with one addon for what im feeling. If I see medkits it might go for the nurses calling addon or if I see a meme squad I might go for the 4.6m/s after a succesful blink attack. They give the feeling of choice and versatility but never losing out on too much because of a strong base power.

    The fact that you are forced to use either a decreased fatigue or decreased cooldown addons says a lot. Also, I disagree with the feeling of choice because now you have to choose either to conserve your blinks for survivors or use them for map pressure.

  • Aw, I like the matchbox. It’s the only way I was able to get the adept achievement on PS4 a while back. :D I didn’t have to spend hours hurting myself by learning to play console Nurse, so it’s alright by me.

    (No, I don’t have anything more constructive to add here, as you can probably tell I don’t play Nurse. I feel your pain though, there are a lot of useless killer add ons unfortunately.)

  • I still see some of the original nurse players in the game running around playing iron nurse and 3-4king no problem. In fact, the only iron killers I have seen at rank 1 in the past year have been nurses.

  • Ultra Rare add-ons are supposed to be “gimmicky” for some reason. If they happen to be super strong, then that’s a bonus. The last two good UR add-ons we’ve gotten Doctor’s Iridescent Queen and Plague’s Black Incense. Maybe Deathslinger’s Exposed add-on but I’m not sure about it.

  • @Shocktober said:

    I still see some of the original nurse players in the game running around playing iron nurse and 3-4king no problem. In fact, the only iron killers I have seen at rank 1 in the past year have been nurses.

    Like I said, she is still powerful. I can still do extremely well with her however, she's just not as enjoyable to play as she used to be.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259975#Comment_1259975

    If you want to use the addon but worry of bad maps then use a map offering?

    You shouldn't need a map offering to use a red addon. Michaels mirror is a different story, just because that is more a build than an addon. But Ultra Rares should not make a killer worse than their base, but equal to it. Just different to normal gameplay, but equal.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259996#Comment_1259996

    The fact that you are forced to use either a decreased fatigue or decreased cooldown addons says a lot. Also, I disagree with the feeling of choice because now you have to choose either to conserve your blinks for survivors or use them for map pressure.

    I said "usually" That means I do things like omega blink and the spasmodic breath use the purple that lets you blink back with Spenser last breath to throw them off or just both perk addons. My preference is to have one cooldown but you don't need it 100% of the time. The nurse as a killer is already better than most killers in the game with no perks or addons compared to full loadouts on some other killers with just sheer skill alone if you gave her addons that were only just 20 straight upgrades then it wouldn't be as interesting or fun as some good some bad and some weird stuff.

  • How dare you insult Sally and the matchbox like that. Matchbox nurse is the best meme in the entire game with brutalduryfuryboozle. Some of her add ons are bad but she’s got some decent ones, like her range, blink cool down and fatigue cooldown. Whilst I’m not entirely happy with her base change, I think she and her add ons are in a far better spot.

  • Its funny there's still people that consider nurse god tier..while I haven't seen god nurse plays since her nerf and addon rework.

  • @Shocktober said:

    I still see some of the original nurse players in the game running around playing iron nurse and 3-4king no problem. In fact, the only iron killers I have seen at rank 1 in the past year have been nurses.

    I've got 1k hours and I legit have no idea what iron nurse or an iron killer are. Learning is a never-ending process.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Imagine having torn bookmark and spawning on Hawkins. You're a m1 killer with no power. Whoever designed that add-on has never played nurse in their life.

    i agree if it wasnt for that stupid cd she would be playable on hawkins and lery.

  • @Dzeikor said:

    Its funny there's still people that consider nurse god tier..while I haven't seen god nurse plays since her nerf and addon rework.

    they just don't know how to use dead zones against her on a lot of maps.

  • @sadakiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259975#Comment_1259975

    i agree if it wasnt for that stupid cd she would be playable on hawkins and lery.

    if it wasn't for the cooldown in general she would be fine lol