It's just latency 4head

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/612614672

So uh... when are we going to display killer lobby pings? Or make hits server-sided? Or ban VPNers? Like literally any of these. Please?

(Sorry for loud mic lol)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I think a killer ping indicator in the lobby is a good idea, but I'm not so sold on hits being server-sided. As bad as it feels to get hit from miles away as a survivor, in my opinion (as someone who mains survivor about 70/30), it would feel a lot worse as killer to hit a survivor and just watch your weapon go straight through them and not even register. Imagine if every hit felt like a grab, where you never know if it's going to even register or not.

  • ######### was that?

  • @Fibijean said:

    I think a killer ping indicator in the lobby is a good idea, but I'm not so sold on hits being server-sided. As bad as it feels to get hit from miles away as a survivor, in my opinion (as someone who mains survivor about 70/30), it would feel a lot worse as killer to hit a survivor and just watch your weapon go straight through them and not even register. Imagine if every hit felt like a grab, where you never know if it's going to even register or not.

    I understand that reasoning, I'd much rather take a killer lobby ping indicator personally. But like holy crap BHVR, do something at least.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    ######### was that?

    It was just latency 4head

  • Instasaw Myers 🎶

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Instasaw Myers 🎶

    I knew something was off when the Killer put the Haddonfield offering on lmao

  • I think it may show you the killer ping in the game, yesterday I've had a match where in lobby I had 70-90 ping but when loaded the game and killer wasn't around (press ESC and see the ping in match details) ping was 100-150 and when the killer was near ping jumped to 300-380 and when the killer wasn't around again, ping dropped.

  • Why does the video clip skip like 20s?

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    Why does the video clip skip like 20s?

    What do you mean? You want the whole VOD of that clip?

  • "Hmmm maybe I can think about it"

  • it is weird that today we can see individual survivor pings in the game when you press esc, but the killers ping is absent.....I mean why?

  • @zone_dymo said:

    it is weird that today we can see individual survivor pings in the game when you press esc, but the killers ping is absent.....I mean why?

    Not only that, we should honestly be able to see it before the match starts. Then I can determine if I want to play against the person VPNing from China with 500 ping. People just stop playing with them so they stop VPNing. Ez.

  • This reminds me of the David I saw in this video lol https://youtu.be/k1lko-cEC7I?t=473

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258615#Comment_1258615

    Not only that, we should honestly be able to see it before the match starts. Then I can determine if I want to play against the person VPNing from China with 500 ping. People just stop playing with them so they stop VPNing. Ez.

    I will say that I dont understand the VPN thing entirely.

    VPN makes it seem like you are for example in London when you are in China, ok, but doesnt the game seek for a server with low ping to you? and not so much based on location?

    Or is that how a VPN works? that you connect to london with a 500 ping latency, and then london connects to a server closeby with a 30 ping latency, unknowing its actually a 530ping latency?

  • Darn you should have played better.

  • @zone_dymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258620#Comment_1258620

    I will say that I dont understand the VPN thing entirely.

    VPN makes it seem like you are for example in London when you are in China, ok, but doesnt the game seek for a server with low ping to you? and not so much based on location?

    Or is that how a VPN works? that you connect to london with a 500 ping latency, and then london connects to a server closeby with a 30 ping latency, unknowing its actually a 530ping latency?

    What you just said is pretty much how it works I think. The game thinks you're in London because your VPN is. Since getting hit is Killer-sided, I could get unjustly hit just because it looks like I'm there on the Killer's screen.

  • @KingOfBadRNG said:

    Darn you should have played better.

    I'd say I played pretty well. The Hag had to hit me 3 times after all.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/612614672

    So uh... when are we going to display killer lobby pings? Or make hits server-sided? Or ban VPNers? Like literally any of these. Please?

    (Sorry for loud mic lol)

    Because if it was bannable survivors would start complaining up a storm that people were vpning even when they aren't people do it to me now even though I don't use a vpn can't imagine what would happen after

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150592/its-just-latency-4head

    Because if it was bannable survivors would start complaining up a storm that people were vpning even when they aren't people do it to me now even though I don't use a vpn can't imagine what would happen after

    Just being able to see the ping would be enough as VPN-ers would dissapear literally.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258671#Comment_1258671

    Just being able to see the ping would be enough as VPN-ers would dissapear literally.

    Didn't say that wasn't a good idea just pointing out if there is something to complain about and its bannable guess what would happen more often.

  • @zone_dymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258620#Comment_1258620

    I will say that I dont understand the VPN thing entirely.

    VPN makes it seem like you are for example in London when you are in China, ok, but doesnt the game seek for a server with low ping to you? and not so much based on location?

    Or is that how a VPN works? that you connect to london with a 500 ping latency, and then london connects to a server closeby with a 30 ping latency, unknowing its actually a 530ping latency?

    If you connect to the game through a VPN in London, then the connection always go to London before it comes to you. Lets say you are in Russia, if you connected to a game server in Russia with this VPN, the data would go from the game server in Russia to the VPN in London, then back to you in Russia. So you would get the least ping in London, which would be still high. This is as simple as I can get while being mostly true.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258671#Comment_1258671

    Just being able to see the ping would be enough as VPN-ers would dissapear literally.

    It would just be self-regulating at that point. Does it mean people with bad internet will struggle to find games? Yes. Should I have to suffer because their internet sucks or they're VPNing? No.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258673#Comment_1258673

    It would just be self-regulating at that point. Does it mean people with bad internet will struggle to find games? Yes. Should I have to suffer because their internet sucks or they're VPNing? No.

    Agreed mate,agreed. No one should have to play ######### 200ms+ games lmfao,it's god awful.

  • On the other end of it, as a killer I regularly down someone with a hit, go to pick them up, and suddenly they're 10 feet away.

    Latency causes the weirdest stuff sometimes.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    This is god awful but isn't typical. Last night I got hit, vaulted a pallet, and then teleported back to the other side of the pallet and got hooked in the basement because of it.

    But that's the only time in 100s of matches it has happened to me. An occasional bad spike in ping doesn't call for drastic action. The vast majority of my games are very stable.

    I don't think asking for Killer pings in lobbies is very drastic.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260131#Comment_1260131

    You're right. I just don't want people calling for survivor hit priority

    Nah that would be even worse. A ping indicator would just result in the VPNers getting no games. I'd say it just solves the problem on its own.