Being able to see survivors' names in lobby

Killers really shouldn't be able to see survivors' names in pre-game lobby. Some killers love to get their sick kicks by tunnelling/mori-ing survivors whom they've played against before.... and it's really disgusting and unfair. I played a game yesterday where a Spirit recognized one of my teammates and took a mori.... my teammate asked them why they used it and they responded very nastily. I guess they hated me as well because I agreed with my teammate, because I played against them again today and they took an ebony mori and proceeded to trash-talk me in end-game chat.

I see no reason for killers to see survivors names in the lobby, since all it does is allow killers to hold grudges and target people whom they don't like.... be it for crouch-spamming/flashlight clicking, or simply outplaying them, or having a certain NAME (TTV comes to mind). It's especially injurious in the red ranks, since I find myself being matched with and against the same people often. And I know, you wouldn't be able to find out if you were playing against a SWF by looking at their friend list, but many people already have private profiles and it really doesn't matter if you know or not.... and besides that, I think that being targeted by the killer for any of the reasons I stated above is far worse than playing against a SWF (since SWFs aren't personally targeting the killer with their antics, they're just doing it in general.... AND you can still win against SWFs), since mine and my teammates games are ending in less than 10k points across the board, and definite de-ranks.

I think it would be great if the portraits on the bottom left-hand of the screen only had the characters' names.... e.g. Nea 1, Nea 2, Jane, Quentin, e.t.c.. And you would only be able to see their names in end-game lobby, just like the way killer's name is only shown in end lobby. For reporting purposes, the character the person was playing would be attached to the end of their name, like "SteveMain31 (Steve)". ๐Ÿ˜

The next step would be for the killer to not be able to see survivors in the pre-game lobby.... so you could use the cosmetics you bought and liked without being targeted with toxic behavior! It's pretty sad that people actually get offended at cosmetics, characters and names, but I firmly believe that steps need to be taken to minimize the impact of these salty killers.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258342#Comment_1258342

    Survivors should be able to see what killer and what addons they're bringing as well.

    So survivors see im playing doc they all put on calm spirit. They see im playing trapper and all run slippery meat. Seems fair.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258344#Comment_1258344

    So survivors see im playing doc they all put on calm spirit. They see im playing trapper and all run slippery meat. Seems fair.

    lol

    The extreme bias in this conversation baffles me.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259488#Comment_1259488

    Yes, and unhooking someone with the killer right on your back gives you +1000 points, so it must be what you're supposed to do, right?

    One has nothing to do with the other, don't be obtuse. You should be embarrassed to have publicly displayed such a failure of logic.

    You fail to mention the 500 bonus points you receive for doing the correct play (safe unhook), also gotta love that edgy big brain insult at the end, at least no one talks like that IRL.

  • @NoBSFriendlyGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259506#Comment_1259506

    you fail to mention the 500 bonus points you receive for doing the correct play (safe unhook), also gotta love that edgy big brain insult at the end at least no one talks like that IRL.

    Yes, please keep equating BP generation to "playing the real game". It's a great conversation starter, I guess.

    Have fun!

  • @NoBSFriendlyGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259437#Comment_1259437

    Did you take into account that you see 4x (3x if you are a survivour aswell) as many survivours per game? Also calling survivour behaviour "toxic" is kinda a joke never have I seen it OFFENSIVE when some goober crouch spams and points at me lmao, I thought people got over this teabagging stuff in the Xbox days.

    Sure, but I don't know how you think it's relevant. Sure, I see more survivors than I do killers, but I'm talking specifically about circumstances where I've played with survivors, either as survivor or killer. Then, later saw some of those same survivors playing as killer, which was a lower rank than their survivor was, playing in a toxic fashion, the kind of toxic they would likely complain about here. Ultimately suggesting that toxic killers are made up of survivors who probably complain about killers being toxic, but are toxic when they play as killer themselves. I guess I'm taking it a step further and suggesting that, survivor mains playing as killer are more likely to be toxic than killer mains playing as killer. So, the quantity of survivors I encounter isn't relevant because I'm not trying to prove a point about the quantity of toxic survivors vs toxic killers. It's survivors that I see playing as killer; is there a disparity there I didn't consider that you can see?

    Also, personally, I know when someone is trying to bait me, and I don't pursue them for clicking or tbagging unless I'm in a bad mood. I know they're trying to get me to throw the match. But, I don't hit players multiple times after hooking them, like the survivor mains I've seen do while playing as killer. That's not all they do, I see them tunnel and face camp, too. Then they probably trot onto the message boards and complain about how toxic the killers are, when I bet a large portion of the toxic killers people run into are some of the same survivors on here complaining!

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259524#Comment_1259524

    Well, I'm talking about PC, and we don't have an option for that here ๐Ÿ™

    And you call yourself a "master race"...

    tisk tisk!

    โค๏ธ

  • Rank 1 survivor main again like ive said multiple times. There are perks that completly shutdown the killer like calm spirit on doctor and slippery meat on trapper allowing to see the killer would allow you to run those perks or do something else to screw them over. See they chose hag? All flashlights and urban evasion. See they chose wraith? Again flashlights to knock him out of shroud. This should never be a thing i can see what survivors you are because its basically a skin. Killers have full fledged powers that you can counter with perks. Not biased want the game to be alittle fair.

    PS_Messages_20200407_100033.jpg


  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259596#Comment_1259596

    Yes, please keep equating BP generation to "playing the real game". It's a great conversation starter, I guess.

    Have fun!

    You gain rank based on your score, I don't know what else the game needs to give/tell you how to play the game properly but I guess sometimes it's never enough for some people.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259595#Comment_1259595

    Rank 1 survivor main again like ive said multiple times. There are perks that completly shutdown the killer like calm spirit on doctor and slippery meat on trapper allowing to see the killer would allow you to run those perks or do something else to screw them over. See they chose hag? All flashlights and urban evasion. See they chose wraith? Again flashlights to knock him out of shroud. This should never be a thing i can see what survivors you are because its basically a skin. Killers have full fledged powers that you can counter with perks. Not biased want the game to be alittle fair.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/671/EMMUYMQVOSLV.jpg

    Franklin's.

  • @NoBSFriendlyGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259602#Comment_1259602

    You gain rank based on your score, I don't know what else the game needs to give/tell you how to play the game properly but I guess sometimes it's never enough for some people.

    Yes, feel free to ask around about the rank system. You know, the system that deranks you if you do TOO well in a match.

    But yes, clearly it's a guidebook on "the real game".

  • Last second switch and if your including addons if you can see the killers playing like scratched mirrior myers everyone just runs sole survivor making his one advantage useless so hes basically a m1 killer with no lunge.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259521#Comment_1259521

    Sure, but I don't know how you think it's relevant. Sure, I see more survivors than I do killers, but I'm talking specifically about circumstances where I've played with survivors, either as survivor or killer. Then, later saw some of those same survivors playing as killer, which was a lower rank than their survivor was, playing in a toxic fashion, the kind of toxic they would likely complain about here. Ultimately suggesting that toxic killers are made up of survivors who probably complain about killers being toxic, but are toxic when they play as killer themselves. I guess I'm taking it a step further and suggesting that, survivor mains playing as killer are more likely to be toxic than killer mains playing as killer. So, the quantity of survivors I encounter isn't relevant because I'm not trying to prove a point about the quantity of toxic survivors vs toxic killers. It's survivors that I see playing as killer; is there a disparity there I didn't consider that you can see?

    Also, personally, I know when someone is trying to bait me, and I don't pursue them for clicking or tbagging unless I'm in a bad mood. I know they're trying to get me to throw the match. But, I don't hit players multiple times after hooking them, like the survivor mains I've seen do while playing as killer. That's not all they do, I see them tunnel and face camp, too. Then they probably trot onto the message boards and complain about how toxic the killers are, when I bet a large portion of the toxic killers people run into are some of the same survivors on here complaining!

    Good write up, at the end of the day I just want both sides to have a good match and everyone to feel like they actually participated instead of it be such a crapshoot where you get some paperskin killer who tunnels [Insert player name here] until they are out of the match because they looked at them wrong.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259545#Comment_1259545

    Don't even start with that #########. I'll post the link to my VOD from stream last night. Every match was a massacre, with multiple killers in rotation. I have zero problems ending chases. It was just an example, not an invitation for attacking my skill.

    Even if you end the chase early, you still have to pick up, walk to a hook, hook them, then walk towards one of the 3 gens currently being worked on. If a perfect killer goes against a perfect SWF, he will lose. This is a scenario against an incredibly efficient team, and they exist. People just need to acknowledge this fact.

    I'm personally not bothered by survivor items either. I used to bring Franklin's BEFORE the nerf to toolboxes but now I couldn't care any less if survivors bring them. I'm well aware of the counters to survivor items as well. But I still don't see how any of this means the killer shouldn't be able to see survivors in lobby. If the items don't really effect the game much as you claim, then who cares? There's not much correlation here.

    I'm sorry that you think I was directly attacking you with my reply, but that was not the case. I'm speaking in general. But like I said, you can't expect to win every game that you play as killer.... you have to take into account the map in regards to the killer you're playing. I can comfortably say that the only thing that affects my ability to win the game is the map that I'm placed on.

    I dislike the fact that killers can see survivors in lobby because killers will intentionally take moris to ruin the games of people who are using certain characters or cosmetics, not because of the items.... but I knew many people would be upset at not being able to prepare for flashlights and medkits, so I addressed that point. But anyway, think of all of the bunny Feng Mins being mori-ed because Monto decided to make a "funny meme" video of him "hunting wabbits", or the killers who have some sort of vendetta against Yuis. Completely ridiculous that killers will actually attack people for their choice of cosmetic, and it's something that can be avoided by hiding survivors in the pre-game lobby.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259570#Comment_1259570

    It's not just meming. When I see a TTV, 9 times out of 10, i t's a SWF group out to bully people. They aren't looking to win, they're looking to make people ragequit. be it non-SWF fellow Survivors, or the Killer. They will play the most toxic ways possible, then belittle the other players in post-game chat.

    I once had a match, when I was streaming, where I could not save the TTV scrub because he was being facecamped. He decided to see if my name was a twitch handle (I don't put TTV in my name), found I was twitching as I was explaining how the Killer was camping & I was wounded to my viewers, and got his entire chat to come badmouth me in my own twitch chat.

    Why? Because he felt he was the better player, and I should have thrown away my life to save him. And since I did not, he weaponized his twitch chat.

    THOSE are the type of people with an ego so large that they shove their twitch address in their screen name like anyone cares, and THOSE are the type of people that make me lobby-dodge every time I see 'TTV'.

    And if I'm not streaming, they just act like dongs in the endgame chat after playing toxic. Because being a tool brings in views.

    I'm sorry, but I have a TTV gamer in nearly every game I play and they are rarely, if ever toxic. These could of course be different experiences, but in my experience as both survivor and killer in red ranks I rarely encounter toxic survivors on both sides. I'm sorry that you had that bad experience with a TTV gamer, and that really is trash, but that seems like more of a problem of a toxic human being, rather than TTV gamers in general. If I were you, I would probably make my chat "subcriber/follower only" to avoid that problem in the future.

    For the killer side, if you've watched Otz, you would know that if you play well enough, you CAN defeat a toxic, bullying SWF team. If you want to avoid toxicity from them in end-game chat, just hit Continue instead of sticking around (or you can report them for communication abuse, of course). Here's my favorite Otz video, showcasing him beating up a bunch of SWF bullies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ulVGOYPiA0

    And before you say "Well, those survivors just played poorly", please understand that when a killer wins, it doesn't ALWAYS mean that the survivors played poorly. A killer can be skilled at the game, believe it or not.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258355#Comment_1258355

    Killers dont face any consequences for being toxic because you cant see there names. So either remove survivors names in the lobby or let survivors see the killers name

    +1, if you argue like "xGodSendDeath" survs should also see the killers name to punish toxic killers but guess what just hide all names (surv and killer) because if you enable both it will lead to a toxic war. The fact, that killer can see surv tags is outdated feature and should get fixed. All people who are trying to defend this mechanic are obviously entilted killer mains who dont want to lose the option to cherry pick.

  • I agree remove players names from the pregame lobbies. Very unfair. I have a killer who tunnels and camps me every game just cause I can out loop him for a very long time.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258568#Comment_1258568

    I hate to break it to you, but crouching up and down does not give survivors any sort of gameplay advantage. They don't gain extra movement speed, they don't heal a health state, e.t.c.. People make the choice to be offended at crouch-spamming survivors and they need to realize that it is only hurting themselves to be offended at moving pixels on a screen.

    You know, people got over being offended at crouch-spammers ages ago on games like CoD and Halo. The reason that killers get offended at survivors is because they feel like they are "above" the survivors and that the survivors deserve to be "punished". And when the survivors crouch-spam in the exit, the killers have some sort of mental boom because they take it so personally. Honestly, if you're that upset about the crouch-spammers, just hit them in the exit and make them leave. If you sit there and fume because they're sitting in the exit and crouching up and down, they're just going to continue doing it. I obviously disagree with crouch-spamming because I think it's childish, but it really does not affect the game itself whatsoever. And the killer retaliating with ACTUAL toxic behavior, i.e. tunnelling, mori-ing or facecamping, just makes a show of how insecure, immature and selfish the killer is.

    A fair game for all players is the killer not being able to see survivors in pre-game lobby, because it is UNFAIR for the killer to target people with toxic behavior based on their name or character choice. And killer toxic behavior actually has an impact on the game.

    And that was my point, it does not get them gamplay advantage so it's only about taunting. And tunneling them out of next game is no crime it's just a strategy, so it's not even taunting them back. They get of easy.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259693#Comment_1259693

    Ah yes, the age old defense of 'If you don't agree with me, you're biased'.

    Ah yes, the age old respond if you dont have any arguments to prove me wrong.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259724#Comment_1259724

    There's 0 point in trying to discuss with someone who says 'If you disagree, you're biased' because their mind is closed. They will just scream 'You're biased' to any argument, no matter how good or bad it is. It's right there in what you said; if people disagree with you, you're going to dismiss them as biased, and thus not worth considering any points they make.

    But I'll humor you; I know lobby dodging killers suck, but Killers are not here to be the Survivors punching bag. If someone has TTV in their name; I dodge. 9 times out of 10, they're trying to make some 'epic lolz FTW troll montage BEST REACTION EVER!' thing.

    Or they're just trying to get reactions for the amusement of their TTV crowd. They always play as if making me ragequit is the real way to win. And most TTV players are also in SWF groups with comms, to make it that much easier to play like a toxic turd.

    I don't mind losing, but I don't have to deal with someone's toxic play style to do so. I feel that many people advocating hiding names ARE the people who play like toxic, horrible human beings hellbent on ruining fun, and just want to stay anonymous so Killers can't dodge them.

    well so my argument "All people who are trying to defend this mechanic are obviously entilted killer mains who dont want to lose the option to cherry pick." is like i said true. You defend the mechanic because you like to cherry pick your enemys because apparently in your mind 9 of 10 "ttv" players are toxic.

    LMAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259390#Comment_1259390

    And that was my point, it does not get them gamplay advantage so it's only about taunting. And tunneling them out of next game is no crime it's just a strategy, so it's not even taunting them back. They get of easy.

    And my point is that to tunnel, facecamp or mori someone just because they "taunted" you is completely unfair and showcases the killer's insecurity over people judging them in an online video game. And like I said, it's not just about tunnelling--it's also about facecamping and mostly about mori-ing. And how does losing pips and getting few points equal "getting off easy"? Killers don't "taunt" back, they actually ruin your game. I would rather have a killer taunt me by nodding at me or hitting me a couple times after they finally catch me after I give them the big loops rather than find me on another game and ruin mine and my teammates experiences with first-hook ebony moris. Crouching up and down only ruins your mood if you take it personally or allow it to. Not your actual game.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259651#Comment_1259651

    I mean I get your point. Somebody shouldn't die for equipping a Bunny cosmetic. But if survivors weren't able to be seen, moris would STILL be used, but there just wouldn't technically be a motive. So it doesn't seem to make much difference to me honestly.

    Also, if you wear pink hair, or a pink bunny costume, you're MUCH easier to see on almost any map so wearing cosmetics like that is inherently risky, and people know that when they equip them.

    Pretty much, yeah.

    Mori's will still get used, people will still sometimes get knocked out early in a match. Blaming it on some external factor isn't going to change that.

    Personally I don't care if I see the names or not, but I would still like to know if they're in a party, just for my own tracking.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258358#Comment_1258358

    Oh no...you mean how killers bring perks to counter survivors keys? Toolboxes? Medkits?

    Killers can do it but not survivors?

    How is that fair? And don't give me, it's 4 players against 1 excuse.

    What exactly counters a key? Donโ€™t say Franklinโ€™s, a survivor would have to be hit 10 times to destroy the key.

  • If they remember somebody's name it doesn't matter if they can see it before the game starts. They're going to see it when the game starts and still do the same thing.

    Anyway, I'm not a fan of the whole "names being hidden" thing. If somebody wants to act like a complete rear end in the end game chat or something, you'd best bet that I'm going to wreck that person's day next time I get to play against them.

    That's how it should be. If people don't want to face repercussions for being scummy, then they probably just shouldn't be scummy.

    I'm not saying I exactly condone toxic behavior just for the sake of being toxic, but I actually enjoy the fact that there's some sort of reason to deter people from mistreating others.

    If you really hate it, just either try not to be a garbage person, or if somebody is actually just being toxic for no reason, just remember it's just a game and you're only gonna be there for a couple more minutes before you can move on. You also could just group with friends so you have a more reliable chance of getting out of being face camped.

    IDK... Like I said I don't exactly think people should be going around being toxic, but that goes for either side. At the same time, I don't think people should be acting like a killer can see everything a survivor has... The killer can currently just see that the survivor has an item, and what survivor has it. They can't see anything other than that item and the cosmetics. They can't see add ons, they can't see what tier the item is (so they can't see if a key is a broken one or not for example), they can't see the survivors' perks... Killers are still pretty in the dark in terms of information. They can just see items because it lets them at least prep with a Franklin's or something, but having the killer have an ability that makes survivors just drop the item and they can go pick it up later, isn't exactly as game changing as if all 4 survivors could see that they were going against Doctor, and all decided to collectively run Calm Spirit. Or, if they all could see there's a Spirit and every single player decides to grab Iron Will.

    I don't think it's exactly perfect the way things are, and I wouldn't mind even the survivors maybe being able to see the killer's name, but allowing them to see which killer is being played I think is a step too far. It's not like Killers get to see every detail of what the survivor is bringing either. They're practically all just skins of each other.

    Anyway, as I said before... For me personally, as long as you're not toxic to me (and I'm very lenient with "toxicity") you shouldn't have to worry about being facecamped or mori'd or anything, and I personally have never encountered being targeted myself and I've been playing for more than just a few months.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258342#Comment_1258342

    Survivors should be able to see what killer and what addons they're bringing as well.

    The thing about this is that the dynamic is totally different. Some killers can be countered extremely hard by certain perks. Killers cannot really do the same, since survivors are largely all the same other than perks.

    That said, I don't terribly mind if survivor names or even items are hidden from the killer pre-game. I don't think it would really affect my choices very much in most cases.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259651#Comment_1259651

    I mean I get your point. Somebody shouldn't die for equipping a Bunny cosmetic. But if survivors weren't able to be seen, moris would STILL be used, but there just wouldn't technically be a motive. So it doesn't seem to make much difference to me honestly.

    Also, if you wear pink hair, or a pink bunny costume, you're MUCH easier to see on almost any map so wearing cosmetics like that is inherently risky, and people know that when they equip them.

    I understand, and I know that I'm easier to see when I'm wearing bright cosmetics (I don't wear bunny Feng Min though, I don't even play her and I think it looks stupid), but I don't like killers being able to target me when I play survivor just for my choice in clothing, hair or character (I've even been targeted just for playing Nea or Nancy). It really sucks that you have to worry about what your name is or what character you're playing because some people feel personally attacked by certain characters, names and cosmetics.

    The bottom line is that if you cut out the people who use moris on people just because of their cosmetics, names or characters, you'd probably hardly see moris at all. And when you did see them, you'd know that the killer wasn't targeting you in particular, they were just using it in general. Especially since most of my games that moris are used on are when there's a bunny Feng or whoever else the killer is offended at (especially the TTVs)! Like I said, I don't have a problem with moris themselves, I have a problem with the fact that killers can equip something that allows them to hook a survivor, camp them, down them off hook and remove them from the game, and they use that to directly target people whom they are biased against for whatever reason.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259749#Comment_1259749

    Except avoiding the most toxic section of the player base is not 'cherry picking'. I'm not picking to go up against only noobs, or only people I can win against. I'm picking to NOT be bullied and to have a better chance to enjoy my game, win or lose.

    But yes 'lmao' with absolutely 0 counter-arguments, you grand debater, you. You are a veritable Marcu Tullius Cicero. I'm sure he ended his debates with 'LMAOOO!' too. ๐Ÿ™„

    what are you even talking about?? avoiding people you dont want to play against is the defintion of cherry picking. i know so many killer mains who check the profile in every round and dodge swf players or potential toxic players like you do or play nurse with ebony mori against them which shouldnt be possible at all.

  • @Hippie said:

    Killers really shouldn't be able to see survivors' names in pre-game lobby. Some killers love to get their sick kicks by tunnelling/mori-ing survivors whom they've played against before.... and it's really disgusting and unfair. I played a game yesterday where a Spirit recognized one of my teammates and took a mori.... my teammate asked them why they used it and they responded very nastily. I guess they hated me as well because I agreed with my teammate, because I played against them again today and they took an ebony mori and proceeded to trash-talk me in end-game chat.

    I see no reason for killers to see survivors names in the lobby, since all it does is allow killers to hold grudges and target people whom they don't like.... be it for crouch-spamming/flashlight clicking, or simply outplaying them, or having a certain NAME (TTV comes to mind). It's especially injurious in the red ranks, since I find myself being matched with and against the same people often. And I know, you wouldn't be able to find out if you were playing against a SWF by looking at their friend list, but many people already have private profiles and it really doesn't matter if you know or not.... and besides that, I think that being targeted by the killer for any of the reasons I stated above is far worse than playing against a SWF (since SWFs aren't personally targeting the killer with their antics, they're just doing it in general.... AND you can still win against SWFs), since mine and my teammates games are ending in less than 10k points across the board, and definite de-ranks.

    I think it would be great if the portraits on the bottom left-hand of the screen only had the characters' names.... e.g. Nea 1, Nea 2, Jane, Quentin, e.t.c.. And you would only be able to see their names in end-game lobby, just like the way killer's name is only shown in end lobby. For reporting purposes, the character the person was playing would be attached to the end of their name, like "SteveMain31 (Steve)". ๐Ÿ˜

    The next step would be for the killer to not be able to see survivors in the pre-game lobby.... so you could use the cosmetics you bought and liked without being targeted with toxic behavior! It's pretty sad that people actually get offended at cosmetics, characters and names, but I firmly believe that steps need to be taken to minimize the impact of these salty killers.

    This is stupid. Hardly anyone holds grudges in this game unless they sit down and write down the players name and then writes down the thing they did in the game to annoy them.

    Crouch spamming... I think you mean t-bagging so let's say it correctly.

    Moris is used to killer players whether it be tunneling them and then killing them is not actually sayinng they did it on purpose to anyone player. They killed a player using an item in the game.

    To me this sounds like another survivor wanting to hide their name so they can do what ever they want when ever they want to.

    There is absolutely no need to hide anyone's names in this game.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259485#Comment_1259485

    I'm specifically referring to the red ranks, since the pool of players is smaller there. I've run into the same players many, many times in the past few months!

    I am red ranks and I have been for a long time. I'm not say your wrong just not something I have run into. I see some of the same people all the time after a few players pointed it out to me. Yet I dont really see people be toxic like this thread has mentioned. Of the few times I have heard my friends in discord or on psn chat do it. Generally it's because of how said player has played in previous matches.

  • @Huff said:

    If they remember somebody's name it doesn't matter if they can see it before the game starts. They're going to see it when the game starts and still do the same thing.

    Anyway, I'm not a fan of the whole "names being hidden" thing. If somebody wants to act like a complete rear end in the end game chat or something, you'd best bet that I'm going to wreck that person's day next time I get to play against them.

    That's how it should be. If people don't want to face repercussions for being scummy, then they probably just shouldn't be scummy.

    I'm not saying I exactly condone toxic behavior just for the sake of being toxic, but I actually enjoy the fact that there's some sort of reason to deter people from mistreating others.

    If you really hate it, just either try not to be a garbage person, or if somebody is actually just being toxic for no reason, just remember it's just a game and you're only gonna be there for a couple more minutes before you can move on. You also could just group with friends so you have a more reliable chance of getting out of being face camped.

    IDK... Like I said I don't exactly think people should be going around being toxic, but that goes for either side. At the same time, I don't think people should be acting like a killer can see everything a survivor has... The killer can currently just see that the survivor has an item, and what survivor has it. They can't see anything other than that item and the cosmetics. They can't see add ons, they can't see what tier the item is (so they can't see if a key is a broken one or not for example), they can't see the survivors' perks... Killers are still pretty in the dark in terms of information. They can just see items because it lets them at least prep with a Franklin's or something, but having the killer have an ability that makes survivors just drop the item and they can go pick it up later, isn't exactly as game changing as if all 4 survivors could see that they were going against Doctor, and all decided to collectively run Calm Spirit. Or, if they all could see there's a Spirit and every single player decides to grab Iron Will.

    I don't think it's exactly perfect the way things are, and I wouldn't mind even the survivors maybe being able to see the killer's name, but allowing them to see which killer is being played I think is a step too far. It's not like Killers get to see every detail of what the survivor is bringing either. They're practically all just skins of each other.

    Anyway, as I said before... For me personally, as long as you're not toxic to me (and I'm very lenient with "toxicity") you shouldn't have to worry about being facecamped or mori'd or anything, and I personally have never encountered being targeted myself and I've been playing for more than just a few months.

    Well, like I said in my initial post, the names would be hidden in pre-lobby AND in-game, with peoples' portraits having the character they were playing instead. And at the end of the game, you would be able to see their names with the character they were playing attached to the end of it.

    I personally don't hold grudges against survivors who taunt me, since I choose not to get offended at peoples' childish behaviors on a video game, so seeing their names doesn't mean anything to me. The most I've done was to ask someone to not clicky their flashlight so much (months ago) and they actually apologized for it. If more killers ignored "toxic" survivor behavior, e.g. crouch-spamming and flashlight clicking, then I believe there would be far less of it, as these people only do it to get a rise out of killers who are easily offended by such things. And in regard to being toxic in end-game chat, you can easily either leave early or report them for toxic messages.

    Like I've said in previous messages, I myself never suggested seeing the killer and their addons, so I really don't understand why people keep referencing that to me! I myself disagree with it because, like another user said, it would just lead to a toxic war from both sides. And like I said previously before, I understood what BigBrainMegMain was saying, in that if you're going to allow one thing that is detrimental to one side, why not allow one thing that is detrimental to the other. As it is now, the toxicity is only coming from the killers' side in the form of targeting specific people, be it because they held a grudge, are wearing a certain cosmetic or playing a certain character, or had a certain name, e.t.c.. So, I'm at LEAST wanting names to be hidden from the killer until the end of the game, because I've lately been targeted by certain killers whom I run into repeatedly in the red ranks just because I looped well or have a silly name. I never crouch-spam, click flashlights or gesture at the killer, and I've been targeted just because I played well in a past game, or one of my teammates has been targeted and the entire team suffers (you have a TTV on your team? First hook ebony moris for all, I guess).

    And that's better if you don't target people based on anything but their attitude, but there are far too many people who will target people for much less than that, and for different reasons that are completely asinine.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259802#Comment_1259802

    The problem there is, If 4 people play Dwight, or even just TWO Dwights, and ONE is being toxic, or abusing glitches during the match..

    ..How do you report them? How do you know which Dwight was being toxic? Was bausing a glitch that froze the Killer in place? That somehow ran across the map at mach 3? That found a way to take 3 hits instead of two? I mean, you can see their names in game anymore, and there were TWO Dwights, but only ONE was glitching..

    Hiding names makes it harder for people to report cheaters/toxic players, which leads to a more toxic game where people are more free to abuse cheats or glitches.

    My new plan: Full SWF lobby, all with the same Steam names, all playing identical Dwights.

    "Stop tunneling me!" :D

  • @AnnoyedAtTheGame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150563/being-able-to-see-survivors-names-in-lobby

    This is stupid. Hardly anyone holds grudges in this game unless they sit down and write down the players name and then writes down the thing they did in the game to annoy them.

    Crouch spamming... I think you mean t-bagging so let's say it correctly.

    Moris is used to killer players whether it be tunneling them and then killing them is not actually sayinng they did it on purpose to anyone player. They killed a player using an item in the game.

    To me this sounds like another survivor wanting to hide their name so they can do what ever they want when ever they want to.

    There is absolutely no need to hide anyone's names in this game.

    I'm sorry, but I have been targeted many times, as have many other people in the game, and it is not uncommon whatsoever for TTV gamers to be targeted because they have TTV in their name. And I would say t-bagging if the killer's body was on the ground and the survivors were crouching up and down on it, but it's not. They're crouching up and down on nothing. So, I call it crouch-spamming. Kinda weird for you to bring that up, as if it would make the behavior sound worse somehow. No matter what way it's being done, it's still a simply childish behavior that does not affect actual gameplay whatsoever, and can only offend you if you choose to allow it.

    Like I said in a previous post as well, I am completely fine with moris themselves--however, I am NOT fine with them being used to personally target and ruin the games of people who did nothing to deserve it, myself being one of them. I never crouch-spam, gesture or clicky flashlights, and I have been targeted just because I played properly and looped well. And like I said as well, simply having TTV on your name causes many people to get mori-ed. You can't even advertise your twitch channel without possibly being forcibly removed from the game by a first-hook mori and being rendered unable to have an interactive game experience. And to top it off, the killers who do this will typically wipe the entire team with the first-hook ebony mori, so it's not just the TTV suffering, it's the whole team.

    I will say it again: I am NOT toxic in my games at any point. However, I HAVE been targeted because I played well or had a goofy name. And survivors wouldn't be able to do actual toxic behaviors, like holding the game hostage, because you would still be able to see their name at the end of the game and report them for it. I'm sorry, but crouch-spamming and gesturing is NOT toxic. It is simply childish and rude, but it does NOT affect actual gameplay in any way, shape or form.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259777#Comment_1259777

    I'm sorry, but I have been targeted many times, as have many other people in the game, and it is not uncommon whatsoever for TTV gamers to be targeted because they have TTV in their name. And I would say t-bagging if the killer's body was on the ground and the survivors were crouching up and down on it, but it's not. They're crouching up and down on nothing. So, I call it crouch-spamming. Kinda weird for you to bring that up, as if it would make the behavior sound worse somehow. No matter what way it's being done, it's still a simply childish behavior that does not affect actual gameplay whatsoever, and can only offend you if you choose to allow it.

    Like I said in a previous post as well, I am completely fine with moris themselves--however, I am NOT fine with them being used to personally target and ruin the games of people who did nothing to deserve it, myself being one of them. I never crouch-spam, gesture or clicky flashlights, and I have been targeted just because I played properly and looped well. And like I said as well, simply having TTV on your name causes many people to get mori-ed. You can't even advertise your twitch channel without possibly being forcibly removed from the game by a first-hook mori and being rendered unable to have an interactive game experience. And to top it off, the killers who do this will typically wipe the entire team with the first-hook ebony mori, so it's not just the TTV suffering, it's the whole team.

    I will say it again: I am NOT toxic in my games at any point. However, I HAVE been targeted because I played well or had a goofy name. And survivors wouldn't be able to do actual toxic behaviors, like holding the game hostage, because you would still be able to see their name at the end of the game and report them for it. I'm sorry, but crouch-spamming and gesturing is NOT toxic. It is simply childish and rude, but it does NOT affect actual gameplay in any way, shape or form.

    "I got tunneled because I looped well" Ok, so you won the game easily, then? The killer couldn't do crap, because you looped them easily and your team did all the gens?

    "The killer used a Mori and got a 4k, but it was because of me specifically." ...what?

    Most of your posts here have made no sense. They all seem to revolve around the assumption that you're somehow extremely special and every killer notices you, and that's the only reason that unfair bad things happen to you. I think most everyone here will be glad to assure you that this is not the case.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259802#Comment_1259802

    The problem there is, If 4 people play Dwight, or even just TWO Dwights, and ONE is being toxic, or abusing glitches during the match..

    ..How do you report them? How do you know which Dwight was being toxic? Was bausing a glitch that froze the Killer in place? That somehow ran across the map at mach 3? That found a way to take 3 hits instead of two? I mean, you can see their names in game anymore, and there were TWO Dwights, but only ONE was glitching..

    Hiding names makes it harder for people to report cheaters/toxic players, which leads to a more toxic game where people are more free to abuse cheats or glitches.

    Like I said in my previous post.... they would still have the survivor they were playing as their "name", so it would be Dwight 1, Dwight 2, Dwight 3, Dwight 4. If they were all dressed identically, and were ACTUALLY exploiting the game or cheating, then you can make a support ticket and send them the footage. They would be able to handle it just fine from there. Or, if you're unsure and still want to report them in the lobby, you could just report all of them and let them sort out which one was the baddie.

    I understand that that is a reasonable cause for concern, but please know that there are far more toxic players who use the ability to see names and characters as a way to abuse those people in any way that they can. I am not belittling cheaters or abusive survivors at all, since those things are very injurious to fun gameplay as well, but they are much less common than vindictive killers using things like moris to personally attack people and ruin their games. I don't think hiding names would embolden survivors to cheat, because there are still measures in place to expose them and take action against them.

  • It bothers me Franklin's wont kill off a item anymore. It makes a very niche perk even worse.

  • Personally I don't think seeing survivors names in a lobby is needed anymore as all it does is allow toxicity to spread. As the OP said a simple nea 1, meg 1, 2 etc allows the same info in game.

    I don't think items should ever be hidden as it is set up in such a way that the killer can react by using certain builds which is by design since it is a 4v1 game. What they could do instead is make a better system so dodging lobbies has a longer cooldown for anything other than a certain ping.

  • @DBD78 said:

    So trying to protect toxic survivors? All killers should write down exit gate t-baggers gamertags. It's so low to do this at the end of the game and the only way to stop them is having this system so you can tunnel/facecamp them and after game tell them why. Or they will continue to be toxic.

    We all want a fair game for fair players.

    Do you really think tunneling and facecamping is going to make them stop being toxic? I don't think so. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258568#Comment_1258568

    Do you really think tunneling and facecamping is going to make them stop being toxic? I don't think so. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Perhaps if all killers did this it would have effect. It's just like in real society if you do not behave society will react and punish you, and here it should also have consequences when you show disrespect to the other player for no reason. Being facecamped is not the end of the world, when it happens to me as survivor I don't even care I just say GG and go to the next game. But if all killers punish toxic survivors they would have a bad time and have to change their ways. Killers just needs to unite on this.

1 2 โ€บ