Decisive is becoming less meta
I rarely run Decisive Strike anymore in red ranks and I've been noticing an alarming number of game with no obsession, which means other people aren't either. We're in a meta where killers need map pressure and have no problem with slugging, so even if you get tunneled they'll leave you on the floor.
Basically, in high ranks you only need one person to run Decisive to make an obsession so the Killer respects. The problem is that the people who run Decisive aren't getting use from it anymore... so it's becoming less common. You pretty much have to make the Killer mad and jump in a locker to actually get them to pick up anymore because otherwise they'll ignore you or slug.
The threat of Decisive is needed to prevent tunneling... but the perk itself isn't really that useful anymore because of the slugging meta. Very weird scenario. I see no point in running Decisive myself, but I get mad when no one runs it because it gives the Killer a free pass to tunnel
Comments
So run it then? That's the only way for you to guarantee an obsession.
I am running DS partly for this reason - then there is an Obsession in the game. I mostly cannot use my DS, because I am not running at the Killer with it and if I get to use it, it was well-deserved for the Killer.
However, I think there should be an Obsession in every game. Because if there is none, the Killer will tunnel, because sadly it is the best strategy to remove a Survivor ASAP to have an easy game.
its not less meta just everyone is red ranks so you get people that are new, not as skilled or people that dont own the dlc. any good player will have it, especially those SWF tryhards...
Agreed,wish there was always an obsession.
Interesting change of pace. Slugging has definitely become a mandatory part of playing killer these days. Really though getting slugged is the benefit you get from running Decisive. You are unlikely to get a stab but you shouldn't expect to. You gotta keep that in mind and run atleast one perk to synergize with slugging. Tenacity would probably be better than unbreakable to synergize with it but everyone seems to take unbreakable.
I'm a Rank 3 Survivor and I haven't run Decisive in the past month. I have the perk unlocked it just doesn't get consistent value. If I'm with a SWF, I sometimes run Mettle to make an Obsession because my friends don't like Decisive either (and they're Rank 1 Survivors).
There aren't enough perks that make you the obsession sadly. I have also noticed that killers tunnel more when theres no obsession. 5 Perks and 1 add-on on the key are all we have available to force there to be an obsession.
The funny part is that 3/5 of the Obsession Perks are Laurie's teachables which were released in 2016.
Also, all obsession perks are on DLC Survivors and only one of them is available on a Survivor you can buy with shards: Zarina's For the People
Honestly I noticed the games I have as Killer that are the easiest are the ones when there is no Obsession on the map.
Same with the hardest games for me as a Survivor (When I don't bring Object on rare occassions)
The Obsession really does give added pressure on the Killer because it tends to make them think more carefully on what they have to do with them.
Either picking them up immediately after they are unhooked, choose on whether or not to grab the person that jumped into a locker, maybe risk not hitting them to preserve STBFL stacks, etc etc.
im forced to use the perk because all i play is slow and sadly i get matched with really bad players that will always do unsafe hooks etc. my last game i had 19kpoints to the next person on 6k...
This is just completely wrong. Plenty of survivors will use DS because the perk can be abused.
i run DS because I can only trust myself in Solo Queue
I have seen it less and less recently. It seems to hit a massive drop off in high rank where killers go after other people frequently or slug them and survivors know they can loop a killer far longer than that minute would last. I guess we are hitting a point where survivors feel more useful perks are available.