Let's end this now, the NOED post to rule them all.

There are many things in this game that are broken currently, for both sides. We need to stop letting personal preference about perks get in the way and try and look at both sides of the story, it won't be easy but It's the best we have if we all truly want a balanced game. Let's start with a controversial one: NOED

NOED gives the exposed status effect once the exit gates are powered, unless of course the survivors have cleansed all of the dull totems in the match, there can be upwards of 5 dull totems in a match, less if the killer is using hex totems such as Hex: Ruin. There are a few ways of looking at NOEDs effects:

1: NOED Rewards Killers for failing

2: NOED Punishes Survivors for failing to cleanse totems

3: NOED Punishes Survivors for doing generators (Very similar to View #1)

4: NOED Rewards killers for protecting dull totems

5: NOED Punishes Survivors for Gen-rushing (This is almost exactly the same as #3, but it's in the killers point of view rather than the survivors point of view)

(Please point out if you have another view of how you see NOED)

We can break these viewpoints up into 2 categories, for now we'll call them the For NOED, and Against NOED parties. 1 and 3 are in the Against NOED Team, and 2, 4, and 5 are in the For NOED Team.

The For NOED Team generally has the following arguments as their main arguments:

If you just cleanse dull totems then you won't get hit by NOED anyway.

The Killer only has 3 perks the whole game until the last generator is done.

The Against NOED Team has the following arguments as their main arguments:

Cleansing dull totems take a significant amount of time due to the fact you have to find them before you can cleanse them.

NOED is just not fun to play against because it can rob you of a deserved escape with an instant dying state attack.


There are many other arguments, but these are most common from what I have seen. As seen above a persons view on NOED is often influenced by which side of the game a person "mains", most often survivors will vote against NOED and killers will vote for NOED. To help remedy the situation I encourage all players to try the side you play less frequently and have NOED be involved in the game, as a killer equip NOED and see how much of a difference it makes when it comes down to how many kills you get. As a survivor it is less easy to control how often NOED is involved in a game, but that does play a role from the survivors point of view, see how much of a difference it makes trying to cleanse all the dull totems, maybe even try and record how long on average it takes to confirm that NOED won't activate, and at the end see if the killer even had NOED in the first place.

Once you have played as the opposite role, re-evaluate where you stand on the NOED issue. I personally think that NOED should be changed, I've played survivor and killer relatively equally, and I personally think that there are a lot of things that need addressing right now, NOED, how fast gens are getting done, looping as a concept and much more that I can't detail here. Please try and keep the replies civil, and try and avoid just repeating the arguments mentioned in this post, It's not going to help, that's why I listed them. (Also, I know this has been done to death, that's why I made this post, hopefully we can document all the NOED stuff here so that we can stop having 12 NOED posts every 20 minutes, maybe it won't work :/ but at least I tried)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1246870#Comment_1246870

    Incorrect. Survivors reward camping. If a killer is camping, they are in no position to stop totems from getting cleansed.

    There is PLENTY of time. Unless literally nobody on your team can run the killer, then it becomes a skill issue, in which case, the old term "git gud" comes into play. Stop blaming your gameplay screwups on everyone else and admit when you're the problem.

    also if they split on gens it takes 80 seconds per gen. It takes a survivor 120 seconds to die on hook. 14x5 for the totems. You do not have enough time to counter a face camper before they get a second person.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1246870#Comment_1246870

    Incorrect. Survivors reward camping. If a killer is camping, they are in no position to stop totems from getting cleansed.

    There is PLENTY of time. Unless literally nobody on your team can run the killer, then it becomes a skill issue, in which case, the old term "git gud" comes into play. Stop blaming your gameplay screwups on everyone else and admit when you're the problem.

    also 2 minutes at least to get all totems plus 14 seconds for each to be destroyed (if they don't run any slow downs) then 80 per gen to pop. Takes a survivor 2 minutes to die on hook. He's gonna get a second person and then face camp them. That's a game ruined for 2 people.

  • they're all the same and have become a bad joke at this point

  • @Negitive said:

    There are many things in this game that are broken currently, for both sides. We need to stop letting personal preference about perks get in the way and try and look at both sides of the story, it won't be easy but It's the best we have if we all truly want a balanced game. Let's start with a controversial one: NOED

    NOED gives the exposed status effect once the exit gates are powered, unless of course the survivors have cleansed all of the dull totems in the match, there can be upwards of 5 dull totems in a match, less if the killer is using hex totems such as Hex: Ruin. There are a few ways of looking at NOEDs effects:

    1: NOED Rewards Killers for failing

    2: NOED Punishes Survivors for failing to cleanse totems

    3: NOED Punishes Survivors for doing generators (Very similar to View #1)

    4: NOED Rewards killers for protecting dull totems

    5: NOED Punishes Survivors for Gen-rushing (This is almost exactly the same as #3, but it's in the killers point of view rather than the survivors point of view)

    (Please point out if you have another view of how you see NOED)

    We can break these viewpoints up into 2 categories, for now we'll call them the For NOED, and Against NOED parties. 1 and 3 are in the Against NOED Team, and 2, 4, and 5 are in the For NOED Team.

    The For NOED Team generally has the following arguments as their main arguments:

    If you just cleanse dull totems then you won't get hit by NOED anyway.

    The Killer only has 3 perks the whole game until the last generator is done.

    The Against NOED Team has the following arguments as their main arguments:

    Cleansing dull totems take a significant amount of time due to the fact you have to find them before you can cleanse them.

    NOED is just not fun to play against because it can rob you of a deserved escape with an instant dying state attack.

    There are many other arguments, but these are most common from what I have seen. As seen above a persons view on NOED is often influenced by which side of the game a person "mains", most often survivors will vote against NOED and killers will vote for NOED. To help remedy the situation I encourage all players to try the side you play less frequently and have NOED be involved in the game, as a killer equip NOED and see how much of a difference it makes when it comes down to how many kills you get. As a survivor it is less easy to control how often NOED is involved in a game, but that does play a role from the survivors point of view, see how much of a difference it makes trying to cleanse all the dull totems, maybe even try and record how long on average it takes to confirm that NOED won't activate, and at the end see if the killer even had NOED in the first place.

    Once you have played as the opposite role, re-evaluate where you stand on the NOED issue. I personally think that NOED should be changed, I've played survivor and killer relatively equally, and I personally think that there are a lot of things that need addressing right now, NOED, how fast gens are getting done, looping as a concept and much more that I can't detail here. Please try and keep the replies civil, and try and avoid just repeating the arguments mentioned in this post, It's not going to help, that's why I listed them. (Also, I know this has been done to death, that's why I made this post, hopefully we can document all the NOED stuff here so that we can stop having 12 NOED posts every 20 minutes, maybe it won't work :/ but at least I tried)

    I wouldn't care if i got hit with noed at the end of day I tried i just gg and move on if I didn't d totems and got hit with noed its my fault not the killers. I also want to point out in your post u had said "it robs u of a deserved escape" I thought about that for a sec and realize there is countless perks and things done that rob killers of a deserved hook or kill. To keep it short pallet saves, flashlight saves, head on saves(situational), DS(mainly ds abusers), diliverence, borrowed time(if your a tunneler). I just wanted to point that out. I don't think noed should get changed yes ik its annoying anf irritating to go against all the time but its literally the only killer second chance perk besides blood warden if u count that.

  • @ChiTenshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1245547#Comment_1245547

    Who says I don’t think DS needs changes?

    Using whataboutism to ignore a problem doesn’t fix anything.

    Did see anything like that on my comment, it was literally just me goofing around and comparing YOUR points about noed and giving MY spin to DS, never did I say you agreed or disagreed with me.

  • @KingFrost said:

    DS doesn't really reward low skill survivors. If you're a low skill survivor, you buy yourself like 5 seconds max. And it can only be used once per survivor, and takes up a perk slot. Low skill survivors will rarely get away because of DS. Low skill killers however can get extra kills from NoED much easier. People love to compare DS and NoED, but DS is way less powerful. Which is why NoED can be cleansed.

    You mean the 5 seconds on the stun or that the survivor will miss the skill check and it will buy 5 seconds because of the Killer taking second thoughts about picking up the survivor ? If even a lower skilled than the killer matched against him (very clearly stated several times on my comment) the chase starts again and I bet you that a functional keyboard or controller are enough to last more than 5 seconds on chase.

  • So if noed rewards the killers failure then so is a lot of survivor perks.

    DS rewards you failing to escape because you tot downed fast.

    Dead hard rewards you for facking up when looping.

    Borrowed time rewards you for unsafe hooking

    So no noed isnt the only perk that rewards for failing your ovjective.

    Killers are supposed to have the upper hand in the late game and survivors should have the upper hand the early game.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244959#Comment_1244959

    Dang that's a lot of upvotes when you are clearly mistaken. If the killer is doing badly, they are giving the survivors extra time. If the survivors don't use the extra time to do bones, then NOED is completely justified in that scenario. It's not that the survivors should be punished for genrushing by NOED, it's that NOED is fair(in this sense) because a bad killer will not be able to activate it against good survivors. I hate to echo the words of so many trolls and spammers, but the perk really is in the survivors' control...when the killer is bad. Outside of those scenarios I would say you pretty much nailed everything else.

    I was only stating how I came about my opinion.

    And remember, No Ones Even Dead yet crutch, was not a hex perk to begin with.

  • Why are killers so obsessed with defending noed? It's a crutch perk, end of the story. If you use it or not is on the players themselves.

  • @Clevite said:

    Another No Ones Even Dead yet crutch post.

    Look I'm all for playing how you want, and with whatever build you like. And either way you get a gg from me and I move on.

    I have a lot of time as killer, and my opinion of Noed is more from old school killer perspectives then survivor's perspectives .

    When I first started playing, it was considered in bad form to use Noed. I was conditioned by the mantra of killers, at the time,that only noobs killers use it.

    I have just recently switched to survivor. I have 7 devotions of killer and am nearing my 2nd devotion as survivor.

    So, for me it will always be a crutch perk. Same reason 4ks will always be a win for me. I can accept 3ks if you got to hatch first.

    But if you are consistently running Noed, it is probably because survivors are consistently powering the exit doors on you.

    It is an OP perk that rewards bad game play. It is the same with DS, an op perk that rewards failure, and I will not run that as a survivor, out of respect for how op that perk can be.

    Well at this state noed got same reputation like ds. Survs starting to cleanse totems even if killer don't have noed. Same as killer won't pick up surv if he thinks they have ds.

    Playing both killer and surv side and sometimes after i ouplay killer and 1 gen is left ususaly get focus on me till the noed pop and then he/she catches me with that. Not angry since survs usualy wan't to rush gens.

    As a killer don't used it since i want perks to be active whole game. So in my opinion noed and ds is in the same basket.

  • @DwightOP said:

    Why are killers so obsessed with defending noed? It's a crutch perk, end of the story. If you use it or not is on the players themselves.

    Both sides tend to take an 'us vs them' stance when it comes to things like that. It's why killers also defend tunnelers and campers, even though that leads to people using perks like DS which they in turn complain about. (Sometimes rightly so). It's really unhealthy for people to take one side, and not consider the other.

  • @kosmi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244959#Comment_1244959

    Well at this state noed got same reputation like ds. Survs starting to cleanse totems even if killer don't have noed. Same as killer won't pick up surv if he thinks they have ds.

    Playing both killer and surv side and sometimes after i ouplay killer and 1 gen is left ususaly get focus on me till the noed pop and then he/she catches me with that. Not angry since survs usualy wan't to rush gens.

    As a killer don't used it since i want perks to be active whole game. So in my opinion noed and ds is in the same basket.

    I agree with that, both are OP perks, that can change the outcome of the game.

    I won't use either .

1 2 ›