New Rift, Old Complaint

The empty spaces on the free track.

Please fill them with an award.

Seeing you get a message: "CONGRATS, GO GET YOUR RIFT REWARD!"

And then it turns out you get nothing just because you're not paying for the paid track.

It's a jab in my metaphorical heart every single time so far.

I'm certain your economy won't get ruined if you put some BP rewards in there or something, you already give us instant 25k BP per Master Challenges anyway.

Doesn't need to be much, unlike the Master Challenges, going up in the Rift is passive after all, so 10k would be more than fine.

Just something, being met with nothing while the message says you get something sucks.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • This rift is actually pretty good, it improves every time. A lot of the charms are less tacky and more realistic killer belongings in this one, I love most of them. The challenges are nu.berous enough fof both sides at last too. They should do their pass mord like ghe one in Magic arena in terms of payouts but it's good enough now

  • @Eye66 said:

    This rift is actually pretty good, it improves every time. A lot of the charms are less tacky and more realistic killer belongings in this one, I love most of them. The challenges are nu.berous enough fof both sides at last too. They should do their pass mord like ghe one in Magic arena in terms of payouts but it's good enough now

    Hah, I just so happen to not care for any of these Charms, and find the last one to be the least appealing of the final Charms so far. ๐Ÿ˜œ

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251059#Comment_1251059

    If I don't want to play killer when I don't want to play killer, then I don't want to play killer when I don't want to play killer. Is this concept difficult to understand somehow? Again, I don't want to be locked into playing "whatever role has the lowest queue time" for the next 2 months. I want to play what I want, when I want. This shouldn't be difficult to grasp. You are literally explaining why I hate the Rift grind so much, forcing me to have to do something, and yet somehow you are unable to grasp why I find manipulative and unethical and don't want to support it when I have said many times I hate having to be forced, to be manipulated into do something I don't want to do in the first place.

    I also don't sit there and complain I don't get the stuff in the battle pass either.

    Show me where I allegedly did this or even alluded to this? Because I specifically recall saying that the battle pass is not worth both my time and money. Multiple times. Not that I am bitter because I can't get the stuff or that it should be free.

    In fact, I vividly recall saying that I don't want this season's battle pass specifically because I already own the one cosmetic set I would be interested in (the Claudette one) and that I think the recolor looks worse.

    Here's me saying that here, in fact:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/627/5WFQ2E711MXO.png

    ...And again here:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/146/69I9GBZZHXN6.png

    Hmm.

    It's almost like I never did or said anything remotely close to the things you claim that I did.

    Funny that.

    I am pretty sure I said at some point that I would prefer to just have an option to turn the Rift off. Not sure if I said it on this thread or another thread, but yeah, I would like an option to just pretend the Rift doesn't exist. Challenges and all. I don't care about the blood points nor the charms. I still have yet to even equip a charm.

    I don't care how much you think me having a differentiating opinion than you is "shitting on people's parade". It isn't. It's me having a different opinion. That's a fact and it isn't up for debate. You don't know me and you do not get to tell other people what their intentions are, especially when you apparently claim they made statements they did not make in the first place.

    I think it's unethical and anti consumer and I explained why I think so multiple times. I am not going to repeat it for the upteenth time. There's no room for interpretation here on what I said. I've made it pretty clear.

    Either actually read the posts without putting words in my mouth and making up statements and brash assumptions that I very much did not say or even elude to, or alternatively, please accept at least on the most basic level, that we have two different opinions about the battle pass, it's okay for us to have two different opinions about the battlepass, and to stop bothering me about it. Because my opinion about it is not going to change, and my opinion is not an attack, or some "bitter rant", or anything else. Just. My. Opinion.

    Lets just be simple. DON'T BUY IT!!!!!! if it takes so long and you don't enjoy it don't spend your money. I finished the first rift with time to spare playing both killer and survivor on XBOX and survivor queues are terrible on xbox. But it wasnt ANYWHERE near 290 hours for the first rift. you could finish the rift in a week if you really wanted to. GGs

  • I'd like to see some rewards in the empty spaces of the free track as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

    Maybe something like this...

    Empty Spaces within 2-10: 5,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 11-20: 10,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 21-30: 15,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 31-40: 20,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 41-50: 25,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 51-60: 30,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 61-70: 35,000 BP

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256090#Comment_1256090

    I'd love to see someone try to finish the first Rift in 1 week without buying any tiers, considering there is only 168 hours in a week and you would not have access to the other three tiers of the tome.

    I also think you are forgetting that we had an extra 11 whole days for the first rift.

    I finished that first rift in a little over a week. and no i didnt buy any teirs. we had an extra 11 days but i finished it in a little over 17 days. ggs

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256121#Comment_1256121

    I finished that first rift in a little over a week. and no i didnt buy any teirs. we had an extra 11 days but i finished it in a little over 17 days. ggs

    Also i just started the rift on one of my smurfs 2 days ago and im already on tier 11 in less than 8 hours of gameplay.

  • @NMCKE said:

    I'd like to see some rewards in the empty spaces of the free track as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

    Maybe something like this...

    Empty Spaces within 2-10: 5,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 11-20: 10,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 21-30: 15,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 31-40: 20,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 41-50: 25,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 51-60: 30,000 BP

    Empty Spaces within 61-70: 35,000 BP

    I 100% like this idea. DEVS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260718#Comment_1260718

    Sorry but I find that very, very hard to believe, when many streamers who play this game at least 8~12 hours a day still took at least a few weeks to finish their rifts.

    The math just doesn't line up.

    It takes 800 EXP to get one rift shard, and it takes 10 minutes in game to get 500 XP (the soft cap; any longer means you lose efficiency, any shorter also means you lose efficiency). Which means, in the best case scenario every time, not even counting queues, or loading, or just sitting ready in the lobby, it would take 2 perfect games of 20 minutes to get 1,000 XP. We can basically chalk this up to about 3,000 XP an hour, so 3,000 XP an hour best case scenario which is VERY unrealistic but let's just give it the benefit of the doubt.

    That's 3.75 rift shards an hour. We need 10 to go up a single tier.

    Let's say you did all of the challenges in the first tome as well -- didn't even do them; they were all just completed, which was about 80 rift tiers -- which is actually a very generous estimate as well, by the way. 8 rift tiers, so 62 to go. That means we need to get 496,000 XP. We're making 3,000 XP an hour in the best case scenario. So we divide 3,000 by the 496,000 to get the number of hours it would take us to do the Rift.

    In this case, even if we got the first tome challenges done for free, giving this the BEST possible scenario which is incredibly unrealistic, it would still take 165 hours out of the 168 hours in a week to do if you never slept, if you never ate, if you never took a break, you had absolutely perfect games, with absolutely no queue times, no ready up time, no loading times, if it was just pure match time of absolutely perfect games.

    I very, very, VERY highly doubt that is what happened and therefore I do not believe you.

    you believe what you want to believe but 290 hours?!?!?! come on my dude you are either not very good at the game or you're exaggerating. i know how long it took me to finish the rift whether you believe it or not it happened. As i said previously even in this rift in two days i did 11 tiers NO challenges. don't believe it you can watch the VODS from my stream. I have receipts. I respect your opinion and all, but I in no way see this game as anti consumer.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251203#Comment_1251203

    Hah, I just so happen to not care for any of these Charms, and find the last one to be the least appealing of the final Charms so far. ๐Ÿ˜œ

    Well this is one if the best rounds of killer charms

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251871#Comment_1251871

    Well this is one if the best rounds of killer charms

    Good for you to have that opinion!

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Just put 150 shards in each free empty space. Wont hurt anyone. Easy fix.

    This. Or put XP/Bloodpoint Boosters in those spots. Make it last a day or so. Or add universal offerings, like splinters or party streamers. There's plenty too be done then just have empty space.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    It's kind of icky and annoying but that's how Battle Passes get people to buy them. Essentially constantly tempt them with "look at all this cool stuff you would get! Don't you want to be cool like all the cool people with the cool stuff of coolness?"

    This. If every free spot in the pass gave something, it would make less people buy it, thus less sales. And since BHVR is happy too go too the bare minimum just too appease people, they add just enough too keep most people happy and buying instead of filling a 10$ battle pass in a 30$ game with over 100$ of DLC too make it fair.

    As i've said for a while: BHVR is super greedy, don't forget it lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260718#Comment_1260718

    Sorry but I find that very, very hard to believe, when many streamers who play this game at least 8~12 hours a day still took at least a few weeks to finish their rifts.

    The math just doesn't line up.

    It takes 800 EXP to get one rift shard, and it takes 10 minutes in game to get 500 XP (the soft cap; any longer means you lose efficiency, any shorter also means you lose efficiency). Which means, in the best case scenario every time, not even counting queues, or loading, or just sitting ready in the lobby, it would take 2 perfect games of 20 minutes to get 1,000 XP. We can basically chalk this up to about 3,000 XP an hour, so 3,000 XP an hour best case scenario which is VERY unrealistic but let's just give it the benefit of the doubt.

    That's 3.75 rift shards an hour. We need 10 to go up a single tier.

    Let's say you did all of the challenges in the first tome as well -- didn't even do them; they were all just completed, which was about 80 rift tiers -- which is actually a very generous estimate as well, by the way. 8 rift tiers, so 62 to go. That means we need to get 496,000 XP. We're making 3,000 XP an hour in the best case scenario. So we divide 3,000 by the 496,000 to get the number of hours it would take us to do the Rift.

    In this case, even if we got the first tome challenges done for free, giving this the BEST possible scenario which is incredibly unrealistic, it would still take 165 hours out of the 168 hours in a week to do if you never slept, if you never ate, if you never took a break, you had absolutely perfect games, with absolutely no queue times, no ready up time, no loading times, if it was just pure match time of absolutely perfect games.

    I very, very, VERY highly doubt that is what happened and therefore I do not believe you.

    I can confirm that @ill_Boston_lli went up 11 tiers in less than 8 hours of playing.

    Fact is you should be earning about 1 tier per hour of playing. AT WORST 1 tier per 90 minutes. We both tested this and you can easily do it that fast, survivor or killer.

    That means it would take, at most, about 100 hours of playtime to do the Rift JUST from XP alone. This doesn't even factor in challenges, which would cut off about 30 hours at least.

    If you play about 2 hours a day on average, you should have no problem completing the Rift with time to spare.

    Also your argument about big streamers struggling is unsubstantiated. Most of the big streamers outright buy the entire Rift day 1. True and Puppers were both sporting Rift cosmetics on day 1. That means completing the Rift is irrelevant to them. This besides the fact that they should definitely, 100% be completing the Rift way early if they actually play that much.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    It's kind of icky and annoying but that's how Battle Passes get people to buy them. Essentially constantly tempt them with "look at all this cool stuff you would get! Don't you want to be cool like all the cool people with the cool stuff of coolness?"

    Yeah but the stuff this time is just utter garbage. Tome I was pretty cool because it looked like a lot of Legacy alternatives. Tome II was cool because Feng's ogre costume, Hag's icy leaf costume, and several other parts. Tome III is another Feng outfit, and it's not even good looking. Ew. And the paid rewards are just ugly as sin, too. They should have picked a different character, like maybe one of the featured survivors or killers in the current Tome? No let's give everyone a different color palette of Feng's default, that'll get people to play our game more.

    This is the first Tome I'm not paying into, and it's because the rewards are mediocre at best.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    It's kind of icky and annoying but that's how Battle Passes get people to buy them. Essentially constantly tempt them with "look at all this cool stuff you would get! Don't you want to be cool like all the cool people with the cool stuff of coolness?"

    And this is why my idea will never form I'm already lv 55 on the rift lol

    They need to let me donate rift point to a friend (they still have to buy the pass) just let me help people's with a life get some of the rewards. Yes I have a 50 hour a week job before you ask lol

    There was a guy who wanted puggles knife but was only 30 if I could of donated he would of got that knife no matter how many levels he needed I'd of grinded it for him. With all the negativity that could of been a positive just saying.

  • it's literally the free track they're giving you that stuff just for playing, i really don't get this. i have a very minimal income and i can easily recycle $10 from one rift to the next to the next, if you wanna be frugal you're paying $10 essentially for endless rifts full of outfits and charms that would cost much more sold separately in the store.

    or you're not paying anything and you're still getting free stuff, again, just for playing. I think it'd be generous if the devs put s'more filler in the free track, maybe throw in a few more recolors and all the people who don't wanna pay to support dbd can just have those, but to suggest it's corporate greed that they're not giving you enough free stuff is a bit much for me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263111#Comment_1263111

    I will believe what I want because the statement you provided is impossible for you to do and I backed it up with some pretty easy to do math and fact checking.

    Skill has nothing at all to do with how long it takes to do the pass.

    Aside from challenges (which again, in the first Rift, I completed all but 4 of them) the only difference between completing the rift or not is how quickly you are able to get into games. The difference between a killer who gets a double pip to one who just AFKs and gets 0 emblems as killer would get the exact same amount of EXP. EXP in a match is based solely on how long the match lasted, and nothing else. It does no matter how good you are, it does not matter how bad you did. It is solely on the amount of time spent in a match, up to a cap.

    We can do the same thing again. The first Rift, barring the 4 challenges I didn't complete, was about 300 rift shards, or 30 rift tiers. That's 320,000 XP I was required to grind through matches alone.

    It took around 20 minutes for me to even get into a match (which was actually better than what it was for some people on console), plus queue times, plus the fact not every match was perfect, So I was only able to get around 3 matches an hour. Because the XP wasn't perfect. Most matches would net around 350~400 XP, but we should also count the first match of the day bonuses (which I was getting), so let's even give this a boost and say I was getting only about 1,200 XP an hour. Or 1.5 rift shards an hour. Again we need 10 rift shards to get a tier.

    Making 1,200 XP an hour, it would take me roughly 266 hours for me to get the Rift done with as many challenges I did with at the pace matchmaking was going at.

    However, sometimes queues would take longer than normal if say, we got 4 players, and then someone left, or the lobby itself bugged (remember when that happened?) Sometimes a match just wouldn't start for some reason because someone didn't connect so it was forfeit and back to the lobby we all went. Sometimes matches would be shorter than normal (this was a time when people just LOVED to kill themselves on first hook against Freddy and Spirit, or DC against them, causing much shorter matches than normal and thus, less XP). Or sometimes the game would get stuck in an infinite loading screen, causing me to have to restart the entire game, thus wasting more time, etc etc. Or even more, sometimes a game just lasted an absurdly long time, longer than the 10 minutes, causing the time efficiency to drop. This was common too, as a lot of people would be a lot more immersed than normal, trying to get their challenges done, especially the escape ones, meaning practically nobody is doing a generator and are too busy hiding. Had games like that too. Or hell, some games I died early or escaped, and just wanted to spectate the rest of a match until its complete conclusion.

    This is also not counting time when I wasn't queuing into a match, but may have been spending blood points elsewhere (like on a killer when I wanted to play survivor but needed to dump points so I didn't cap out on them), or waiting for friends to be ready in a SWF, and whatever else people do on DBD that isn't sitting in a queue/waiting in a match.

    So yes, with all of the above issues, 290 hours is perfectly reasonable. Hell of a lot more reasonable and believable than finishing the Rift in 165 hours anyway. Besides the fact that I was sitting at a perfectly even 792 hours when the Rift came out (including the 11 extra days), and when I completed the Rift and achieved tier 70, I was sitting at 1082 hours, which is how I measured how long it took, from start to finish.

    you say impossible??? a 10 minute game gets you about 600 xp 800xp gets you a rift fragment. do the math. to top it off you have challenges that bump you up 3 to 5 fragments per challenge. This rift is more dooable than getting wet in a rainstorm.

  • Devs, just put on each empty space 100 shards. By doing this you'll fix also the problem of iridescent shards being farmed only mindlessly.

  • @hagling said:

    it's literally the free track they're giving you that stuff just for playing, i really don't get this. i have a very minimal income and i can easily recycle $10 from one rift to the next to the next, if you wanna be frugal you're paying $10 essentially for endless rifts full of outfits and charms that would cost much more sold separately in the store.

    or you're not paying anything and you're still getting free stuff, again, just for playing. I think it'd be generous if the devs put s'more filler in the free track, maybe throw in a few more recolors and all the people who don't wanna pay to support dbd can just have those, but to suggest it's corporate greed that they're not giving you enough free stuff is a bit much for me.

    AMEN brother!!!!!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263308#Comment_1263308

    No, you can't confirm nothing. "I saw him do it" proves nothing. Besides, getting 11 tiers in 8 hours (with challenges) is a HELL of a lot different than claiming he did the Rift "in a little over a week". getting 11 tiers in 8 hours is possible, but to complete the Rift in "a little over the week" is impossible. And someone who lies once about something, probably lies twice.

    We already did the math with being again, INCREDIBLY generous with it. I already showed my math when I personally did the rift as well so we know with my earlier claim that it is quite in the realm of possibility with what I was claiming earlier.

    He made a claim, I did some basic digging into the math, and even without even going too deep and giving the most ridiculous generosity in the math as possible, I could see he was lying. Therefore, he has no credibility. Even if we were to give him two whole weeks, with the generous math, that still leaves a frighteningly scary amount of little wiggle room if you just account for needing to sleep, let alone everything else that was omitted to give the best chance to make it possible like queue times, loading times, ready up times, non-perfect games, etc.

    To get a tier per hour, you would need to earn 8,000 XP an hour. This is physically impossible to do without the aid of challenges and even that is pushing it, though ultimately impossible to calculate without knowing how many rift shards will be in the next 3 tiers from the challenges themselves but with having to deal with queue times, ready up times, and loading times, as well as each game unable to be perfectly efficient, I very highly doubt it's possible to do the Rift in just 2 hours a day, even with completing every single challenge unless the amount of rift shards given per challenge completion is considerably high (in the ball park of around 100 rift shards per tier, give or take), which I've yet to see a tome tier actually give 100+ rift shards from challenges alone.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263342#Comment_1263342

    10 minute games do not give you 600 XP. They give you 500 XP, the soft cap. 600 XP from game time is the hard cap. And in reality, even if you could get 600 XP per 10 minutes, in reality, you still couldn't do it in a week because again, queue times, ready up times, and loading up times exist which I omitted from the calculation to both, be generous, but also to prove how ridiculous your claim was. You'd still have to never eat, sleep, or take a break at all to even have a chance. The only other explanation was that you literally cheated with a bot to play and enter games for you while you slept, but if not, then it is impossible for you to have done it in "a little over a week".

    I've played a 45 minute long game (approximately) before. Still only got 592 XP. My longest game of 2 hours (hatch standoffs were fun btw) gave me 597 XP. These are not counting emblem XP (which is a mere 1~2 XP per emblem point you earn)

    Getting the hard cap of 600 XP in 10 minutes is physically impossible and is simply not how the game works. You can't just make up false statements and argue with cognitive dissonance to try and prove your false narrative because all someone has to do is test out your claim themselves to know that what you're saying is impossible. Anyone could go into a game right now, play for 10 (or even slightly longer) minutes, and see that they would not get 600 XP as you claim, aside from the fact that it's already fairly well documented. Please, just stop making stuff up.

    Unlike you, I did do the math. That's how I figured out your statement that you did the Rift in "a little over a week" is complete bull, even with being ridiculously generous with the estimates. You threw out a random low time frame to white knight the Rift and got caught lying and proven wrong with basic math, even with my being incredibly generous with said math that your claim is impossible.

    The only exception would be if you started late on the Rift with all 4 tiers available, but then is that really doing it in a week? Did you not play DBD at all for nearly an entire two months? I find that hard to believe as well. Even still, again, you would be pushing it incredibly tight if you so much slept, let alone all the other issues I keep saying exist.

    Just move on already, please. You're cannot convince me that the Rift is fine by making bold-faced claims that are literally impossible and making up false information to try and "prove me wrong" even though anyone can easily go and test themselves that it's impossible to get 600 XP in 30 minutes, much less 10. All you've done is achieve the opposite effect by being apparently so desperate to white knight the Rift that you needed to lie.

    I'm out. This discussion has run its course.

    Except he did it on stream which you can watch. I'll leave it up to him if he wants to give that information.

    We played 6 games together in about 2 hours, we could have had 10 but we were wasting a lot of time between games (15 minutes at one point). I got 5 almost 6 Rift fragments on XP alone, and we had a killer DC in 1 game which would have been the extra XP to get a full 6. That means I could have gotten 10 Rift fragments in about 2 hours of playing as survivor. We did the math on the Rift and you can get 42 full tiers from JUST the challenges, leaving 28 tiers you need to earn XP. If it takes 2 hours to get 10 Rift fragments, extrapolate that and it means 56 hours just to get the XP needed to finish the Rift outside of challenges. If we assume you do majority of that time while doing challenges, you could VERY EASILY complete all 70 tiers on the Rift in under 80 hours of playing.

    Also I love how you say "11 tiers in 8 hours is possible" but then go on to say you couldn't finish the Rift in under a week. If you extrapolate that time, it would take about 60 hours to complete the Rift, which is entirely possible in a week. Your statements are contradictory. What is it? Can he do it or can't he?

  • @hagling said:

    it's literally the free track they're giving you that stuff just for playing, i really don't get this. i have a very minimal income and i can easily recycle $10 from one rift to the next to the next, if you wanna be frugal you're paying $10 essentially for endless rifts full of outfits and charms that would cost much more sold separately in the store.

    or you're not paying anything and you're still getting free stuff, again, just for playing. I think it'd be generous if the devs put s'more filler in the free track, maybe throw in a few more recolors and all the people who don't wanna pay to support dbd can just have those, but to suggest it's corporate greed that they're not giving you enough free stuff is a bit much for me.

    I'm not ignoring getting free stuff, that's great.

    Not what this discussion is about though...

  • I mean, the last rifts were for events. This is just one in the middle of the year.

  • @bangbison said:

    I mean, the last rifts were for events. This is just one in the middle of the year.

    Last 2 Rifts had empty spaces too.

  • @Sairek I've never been a fan of the Rift either. It's shady and it's manipulative.

    But here's the thing: I don't buy it. 90% of the time I'm just missing out on sub par recolors of skins I already have or charms no one actually cares about.

    So is it unethical? Sure, I can get behind that. But is the grind a problem? Nah. It's doable and not worth trying for anyway.

    My advice is to simply stop caring and feel sorry for the poor saps who decide to opt for such a blatant waste of time and money.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263715#Comment_1263715

    And again you didn't read my post or else you wouldn't have asked that question.

    Sigh.

    I'm just going to ignore you at this point, too. Sick of repeating myself every time you try to have a "gotcha" moment on me that I already mentioned and explained.

    LOL your post basically states that you don't actually play this game enough to understand how easy it actually is to earn Rift tier through XP. I tell you exactly what I did, I even tracked the XP I earned and it was a little less than 6 shards worth in 6 games. Extrapolate all that, factor in challenges, and one could easily finish the entire Rift in under 100 hours, this being INSANELY generous assuming you are really bad at the game or have to wait more than 5 minutes for a game. I collected actual real life data to prove my point.

    You can sit there and do the math all you want because it doesn't actually work out that way in practice. But sure walk away because you have no argument left. Several people now have proven you wrong about how hard it is/long it takes to do the Rift but you'd rather stick your fingers in your ears and continue believing it takes 290 hours. Stop trying to "explain" stuff and prove it like we did.

  • www.mixer.com/Jakey_park Go to my mixer and watch yesterdays VOD i got 596 xp two games in a row. Either way you just seem like you like to complain about things just to complain about them. you obviously are very inept at the game and do not play it enough to get the premium track so don't buy it. PS. I havent bought the premium tier since the first rift because i finish them in a timely manner. i can bet you any amount of money it can be done in a lil over a week. If you truly are adamant about calling me a liar i will make a new account and start the rift and do it in a week. let me know cause im done talking about this and having you call me a liar when i'm not one. ggs

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263308#Comment_1263308

    No, you can't confirm nothing. "I saw him do it" proves nothing. Besides, getting 11 tiers in 8 hours (with challenges) is a HELL of a lot different than claiming he did the Rift "in a little over a week". getting 11 tiers in 8 hours is possible, but to complete the Rift in "a little over the week" is impossible. And someone who lies once about something, probably lies twice.

    We already did the math with being again, INCREDIBLY generous with it. I already showed my math when I personally did the rift as well so we know with my earlier claim that it is quite in the realm of possibility with what I was claiming earlier.

    He made a claim, I did some basic digging into the math, and even without even going too deep and giving the most ridiculous generosity in the math as possible, I could see he was lying. Therefore, he has no credibility. Even if we were to give him two whole weeks, with the generous math, that still leaves a frighteningly scary amount of little wiggle room if you just account for needing to sleep, let alone everything else that was omitted to give the best chance to make it possible like queue times, loading times, ready up times, non-perfect games, etc.

    To get a tier per hour, you would need to earn 8,000 XP an hour. This is physically impossible to do without the aid of challenges and even that is pushing it, though ultimately impossible to calculate without knowing how many rift shards will be in the next 3 tiers from the challenges themselves but with having to deal with queue times, ready up times, and loading times, as well as each game unable to be perfectly efficient, I very highly doubt it's possible to do the Rift in just 2 hours a day, even with completing every single challenge unless the amount of rift shards given per challenge completion is considerably high (in the ball park of around 100 rift shards per tier, give or take), which I've yet to see a tome tier actually give 100+ rift shards from challenges alone.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263342#Comment_1263342

    10 minute games do not give you 600 XP. They give you 500 XP, the soft cap. 600 XP from game time is the hard cap. And in reality, even if you could get 600 XP per 10 minutes, in reality, you still couldn't do it in a week because again, queue times, ready up times, and loading up times exist which I omitted from the calculation to both, be generous, but also to prove how ridiculous your claim was. You'd still have to never eat, sleep, or take a break at all to even have a chance. The only other explanation was that you literally cheated with a bot to play and enter games for you while you slept, but if not, then it is impossible for you to have done it in "a little over a week".

    I've played a 45 minute long game (approximately) before. Still only got 592 XP. My longest game of 2 hours (hatch standoffs were fun btw) gave me 597 XP. These are not counting emblem XP (which is a mere 1~2 XP per emblem point you earn)

    Getting the hard cap of 600 XP in 10 minutes is physically impossible and is simply not how the game works. You can't just make up false statements and argue with cognitive dissonance to try and prove your false narrative because all someone has to do is test out your claim themselves to know that what you're saying is impossible. Anyone could go into a game right now, play for 10 (or even slightly longer) minutes, and see that they would not get 600 XP as you claim, aside from the fact that it's already fairly well documented. Please, just stop making stuff up.

    Unlike you, I did do the math. That's how I figured out your statement that you did the Rift in "a little over a week" is complete bull, even with being ridiculously generous with the estimates. You threw out a random low time frame to white knight the Rift and got caught lying and proven wrong with basic math, even with my being incredibly generous with said math that your claim is impossible.

    The only exception would be if you started late on the Rift with all 4 tiers available, but then is that really doing it in a week? Did you not play DBD at all for nearly an entire two months? I find that hard to believe as well. Even still, again, you would be pushing it incredibly tight if you so much slept, let alone all the other issues I keep saying exist.

    Just move on already, please. You're cannot convince me that the Rift is fine by making bold-faced claims that are literally impossible and making up false information to try and "prove me wrong" even though anyone can easily go and test themselves that it's impossible to get 600 XP in 30 minutes, much less 10. All you've done is achieve the opposite effect by being apparently so desperate to white knight the Rift that you needed to lie.

    I'm out. This discussion has run its course.

    @Sairek

    https://twitter.com/JakeyyPark/status/1258951160519708672?s=20

    so what was that about not getting 600xp in a match???? it can be done man im sorry you honestly feel like you cant do it in the time ive done it it is what it is. And whats 3 points. 597... 600.. Tomato tomahto its 3 points. i honestly think you're just grasping at straws here.

  • Yeah I don't see how a small bp award in the free track could hurt. There's still plenty more characters to be added so a small bp offering would give us something to be happy about while keeping the insanely tedious perk grind intact.

  • I know. Iโ€™m just saying, they had more to work with bc there was ######### going on at the time. Rn we just quarantined and sitting at home. No major holidays or events at launch. So they could do more relatable rewards and not have it be so empty before.

1 2 โ€บ