Survivor mains/people who play both sides whats your opinion on the update

I still havent played so i don't have an opinion yet.

Ik i made a post similar to this but that one was about the ptb now that the update is live i wanna know survivors/people who play both sides opinon

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Great that some of the infinite loops are gone, but the maps have way too many dead zones. Just big areas of nothingness.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Great that the infinite loops are gone, but the maps have way too many dead zones. Just big areas of nothingness.

    I agree with this but I'm hoping they revisit a few maps they touched up. Honestly though I feel like some of these small tweaks aren't enough and some maps could use the Lery's treatment.


    Also yes I know they said in the Q&A nothing they did is now set in stone. I'm just expressing that I agree that some of the maps in this update could use another pass.

  • The removal of god loops are great but they made some of those windows pretty much useless now.

    Some maps are fine overall but some maps still have those deadzones from the ptb. For example, I played on Pale Rose in my last match for today and there were no pallets in the entire middle area.

    The patch would have been great if they fixed those deadzones but for now I have mixed opinions about it.

  • I think it's alright. Kinda hard to tell. It's painfully obvious that people have come back to the game to try and do the update. Solo was rough for me in the 5 games or so I played. Had a lot of teammates killing themselves on hooks and dying on purpose for whatever reason. I've only played against red rank killers. So maybe matchmaking is fixed finally?


    Didn't really notice that much of a difference. I don't think there was much changed. It's a little bit weird with some of the windows gone. The house with 3 windows on one side now has 0 windows!!!! It's a really weird feeling to that building. Weird that it used to be the strongest infinite in the game and it's completely done now. It's almost a death sentence trying to do the generator inside the building now.


    But yeah. Good update. I think that once the angry people go away again. It'll be fine. Shouldn't really swing the balance that much.

  • Heard that there is a lot of dead zones. Not that I would know. Didn't get a single reworked map. Didn't play that many games because the amount of Legions was getting on my nerves.

  • Gotta say this first: Controller sensitivity being upped has changed the game for me. Love it.

    Frame rate also seems better? I never had anti-aliasing off so, not too much to of a change there for me.

    I don't care about God loops being removed, as I didn't use them. I don't think most people with 200 or less hours have those memorized unless they've been glued to Youtube. I can see how it might suck for those who did bother to learn them, but I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't.

    Dead zones are an issue I hope they address sooner rather than later.

    So I like this update over all, there's just one glaring issue.

  • I play both sides, and the deadzones are annoying for survivor. Makes killer too easy. But the gen change makes survivors spread out more and do gens individually so it's actually harder to combat genrush, so overall, I think this patch sucks.

  • There are two problems I have with the update. AA and deadzones. Ping seems now fine so I think it's gonna be okay now. Overly without these two problems I have a quite fun with this update. I literally played 9 hours as survivor today.

  • + for nerfing those windows

    i dont mind smaller map

    -for deadzones

    bloodlust is still in game -.-

  • It will separate the efficient players from the ones who just Hold W and drop every pallet in their sight.

  • I like the change to god windows even though some are still incredibly good.

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1240727#Comment_1240727

    I agree with this but I'm hoping they revisit a few maps they touched up. Honestly though I feel like some of these small tweaks aren't enough and some maps could use the Lery's treatment.

    Also yes I know they said in the Q&A nothing they did is now set in stone. I'm just expressing that I agree that some of the maps in this update could use another pass.

    The Lery’s treatment? You understand that Lery’s is more survivor sided now right? There are up to 3 pallets that MUST be broken in order to reach/catch the survivor (unless you play Spirit or Nurse).

    The only reason Lery’s gives killer as many kills as it does now is because it’s an indoor map, making harder for survivors to find and complete generators so you don’t get “gen rushed” as quickly.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1240731#Comment_1240731

    The Lery’s treatment? You understand that Lery’s is more survivor sided now right? There are up to 3 pallets that MUST be broken in order to reach/catch the survivor (unless you play Spirit or Nurse).

    The only reason Lery’s gives killer as many kills as it does now is because it’s an indoor map, making harder for survivors to find and complete generators so you don’t get “gen rushed” as quickly.

    The Lery's Treatment as in heavy focus on one specific map to be remade instead of small touch ups to several. It doesn't matter what state Lery's is in now the point is a lot of focus went into overhauling that map graphically and for gameplay adjustments.

  • @Galklife said:

    + for nerfing those windows

    i dont mind smaller map

    -for deadzones

    bloodlust is still in game -.-

    Bloodlust will stay until its purpose is irrelevant. There are still maps with loops that any non Spirit, Billy or Nurse cannot catch up efficiently without Bloodlust.

  • I've played a few games as killer and a few hours of survivor and so far I'm quite enjoying it on both sides. I plan to play more tomorrow when the tome comes out so my opinion may change.

    As Killer, some of the maps feel a bit better in walking around and as survivor I enjoy not having the dumb window thing pull you back. The loops are interesting but I can't really say if I like or dislike them until I play the maps more.

    There seems to be a bug where when you leave the match your character falls out of the world and this actually happened to a person in game after they were moried. She had a key on her but was no where to be seen and my friend who was spectating said all he could see was black on her screen as she was being moried.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1240812#Comment_1240812

    Bloodlust will stay until its purpose is irrelevant. There are still maps with loops that any non Spirit, Billy or Nurse cannot catch up efficiently without Bloodlust.

    bloodlust main purpose was to deal with infinite windows