Why NOED become popular

In my opinion the day NOED became use on killer is the day the dev destroy ruin if you remember when we had old ruin killer could do something during the early game now they cant do much unless they spawn right next to a survivor so some killer sacrifice the early game for a late game power spike and that why in my opinion NOED is use by a lot of killer right now

Comments

  • Everyone knows why it's being used more, they just don't like it.

    The devs should have listened more to killers on the test server before the nerf. Everyone knew it needed to be changed, and offered alternative solutions, but they got dismissed, out of hand. Killers had to adapt to a situation they don't want to be in anymore than the survivors do.

  • Well, it was threatened by several on the forums during the PTB. I’m not a fan though unless it’s an unleveled killer and I don’t have better perks yet.

  • I really only use NOED on killers I haven't exactly played much, so I want to at least secure some kills while I'm still learning them.

    That said, I feel like NOED itself, while it needs changing, doesn't need to change the core idea of the perk.

    Risking it all at the very end of the match for a big boost of power that would leave the survivors panicking.

    And this is coming from a Survivor prespective, not a killer one. Though, as I've said many times before, I probably am just an exception and not the norm. I want powerful perks that can change the tide of the game like NOED to stay in the game, because that is what makes DBD constantly interesting for me.

  • And guess what? It works a lot because survivors refuse to do bones. Amazing.

  • Sure, NoED has been used A LOT since the Ruin nerf...

    Just like it was used A LOT before the Ruin nerf!


    NoED has been "popular" since 2016. Ironically, I've been seeing it less this past week than usual.

  • You're right, I personally never used noed (except during my baby days) before the ruin nerf, but it pretty much became a situation of whoa the gens are going way too fast (even though I use new ruin and surveillance in tandem) so survivors can either cleanse totems and give me an extra gen worth of time to play or suffer the consequences.

    On the opposing side as a rank 1 survivor I see that noed is in play 70% of the time now, so I run detectives hunch and give the killers that extra time, while also countering ruin and devour hope.

  • NoED is just the new perk that killers can lean into rather than trying to adapt their personal playstyles or killer choice to better suit the current patch. Hex: Ruin made it that generators were going super slowly in lower ranked games, or somewhat slower in higher level games. However, there was the issue of it being skill-check based which anyone could easily hit a "great" skill-check with enough consistency unless you're an unlucky console player like me.

    It's easier for a lot of people to click Hex: Ruin then click Hex: No One Escapes Death, rather than looking at how to play Ruin differently, actually working for kills the entire game, and adapting through playstyle or even changing to another perk in general that will help them throughout the entire game. They then go around justifying terrible perk design by saying "Do bones and you won't get affected." because it is counterable, but only if you have memorised a trivial matter such as totem placements on twenty-something maps or have other survivors who actually care about totems too.


    I will admit that I used the old Hex: Ruin to help cover up my lack of skill early on, but if I can now slaughter ranks 3/4/4/9 as a rank 14 Myers (resets and COVID-19 did a number on my rank......) with zero level 3 perks, 3 generators remaining and on Fractured Cowshed, then other killers can adapt too.

    The build is Myers with Dying Light/Thanataphobia/Sloppy Butcher/Hex: Ruin with add-ons Dead Rabbit and Tacky Earrings for those wondering.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    Sure, NoED has been used A LOT since the Ruin nerf...

    Just like it was used A LOT before the Ruin nerf!

    NoED has been "popular" since 2016. Ironically, I've been seeing it less this past week than usual.

    I would disagree. I feel like when the game first came out NOED was super popular. When Ruin was strong NOED wasn't ever used. And now recently it's being used again. For whatever reason I remember a very long period of time where NOED wasn't really used at all. I think it's mostly because all the red rank killers are at 500-600 hours. Red Rank survivors are at 2-5k hours. What happened to all the killer players?

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228935#Comment_1228935

    I would disagree. I feel like when the game first came out NOED was super popular. When Ruin was strong NOED wasn't ever used. And now recently it's being used again. For whatever reason I remember a very long period of time where NOED wasn't really used at all. I think it's mostly because all the red rank killers are at 500-600 hours. Red Rank survivors are at 2-5k hours. What happened to all the killer players?

    They got fed up of being shat on.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    Sure, NoED has been used A LOT since the Ruin nerf...

    Just like it was used A LOT before the Ruin nerf!

    NoED has been "popular" since 2016. Ironically, I've been seeing it less this past week than usual.

    NoeD was very rarely used pre ruin nerf in high ranks unless people were doing an endgame build or a totem build.

  • well first of all "the day NOED became use on killer is the day the dev destroy ruin" is not an opinion.

    secondly, yeah NoeD is a good slow down perk, which was always a valid choice but is now a bit more prominent after the obvious choice was changed (Though ruin is arguable more powerful today then it was)

  • I think the Ruin change killed the community and playing behavior in total. Gen rush got easier, killers getting annoyed, survivors learning the value of gen rushing, so killers turning to be more sweaty, survivors getting annoyed by that and that resulting in post game salt. The Ruin change somehow brought out the worst in both sides. And toolbox nerfs or infinite reworks doesn't fix this as fast as it got destroyed, if at all