Are we going to address Haddonfield? AKA freewinfield?
It's such a poorly designed map that only 2 killers in the entire game are ever even close to happy to see it. Every single other killer dreads this map for so many reasons ranging from broken map collision, terrible windows for incredibly long and toxic loops, and poor generator placement next to windows which mean unless the survivor is in a vegetative state they can get away from the gen and well beyond chase distance if you kick it god forbid.
Please make this the next in-depth map you look at for the love of god it is so poorly designed.
Comments
"Freewinfield"?
I don't recall the last time I've lost in that map as any killer. Both of those times as Huntress and Wraith. I'm pretty sure the map itself does need some changes, but nothing too extreme as it is not a "Freewinfield" as you would suggest.
Whenever I get that map, if I'm playing Trapper or Legion, I just 3 gen. Watch them helplessly try to finish a gen with me coming back every 10 seconds.
The mid-chapter is already addressing it. It's addressing a variety of maps, in fact.
If I'm like absolutely on fire as Nurse and I'm not getting a bugged blink I do alright on the map.
But normally it's blocking half or more of my blinks, or they get bugged, survivors get free hit because houses are deadzones, etc.. Not very fun and the fundamental idea behind the maps is bad in DbD.
But only in small ways, Haddonfield needs an entire re-design.
Then the OP thread doesn’t apply to you does it? Pointless post. Many killers who aren’t 1337 like you find the map difficult
Im not saying some people dont find it difficult. I am disputing the fact it is a free win for survivors.
Free win might be a hyperbole but it is very much flawed from the design up. Generators should never be so close to windows on the 2nd story of a building on top of a window loop leading into a house loop.
by far the most survivor sided map in game
I like the map, in concept. I really like it as a survivor, not so much as a killer. Some killers obviously have it worse than others, but I think it's not good for any killer, and it really sucks for new killers. Glad they are reworking maps.
I hate the long fences and abundance of windows, but other than that it's honestly not half bad.
It's only addressing the stupid fence L-wall window loops, the rest of the map is essentially the same.
I like Haddonfield :)
Let's also discuss Hawkins, or as I like to call it HawkWINS (also HawkEZforTheKillerBecauseItsSoSmallAndVeryEasyToForceThreeGenGNARGNARGNARGNARkins).
Then the commenters comment doesn't apply to you does it? Pointless post. Many people who are 1337 like commenter don't find it very difficult.
What map don't you like?
Freddy does alright because he's partly a trap killer and Haddonfield is amazing for trap killers because of the long corridors next to houses where traps are basically unavoidable.
His teleport is ass on that map though, virtually useless. They'll always escape to safety by the windows in the houses.
None of those people should be red ranks if they couldn't get at least 1 escape on that map lul.