The moment i got to green ranks as killer I
was playing against red ranks, 1's and 2's, sometimes a full red fleet.
i'm now rank 8 killer and for the past 2-3 weeks ive been only playing against rank 1's and 2's and im beggining to lose interest in the game.
i want to get better, i want to learn my killers, but when im constantly getting flamed, bm'd and stomped by 4 bunny feng mins with flashlights, i dont ever want to play again.
i love this game, and i'd love to keep giving behaviour my money, but its just not fun to never win unless im playing spirit. spirit makes the game feel miserable as survivor going against her, i dont like doing that to people- but i need blood points, and getting 20k for a good survivor match compared to 30k for a bad killer match + bbq + pudding, it's a simple choice.
I'm also a red rank survivor, and revcently i've played against people ranging in ranks from the rare 1 all the way up to 18. i wish, for the sake of the 1 perk trapper i vs'd twice in 1 night, that i was joking.
this just isnt fair. how can you make a fun premise and enjoyable gameplay feel like complete trash because of matchmaking and let it be like this for so long
the only game i've played against people below purple ranks, was the one game i was AFK to derank for the purpose of playing against people below purple rank to learn. cosmic joke.
also, remove pink + purple keys, noed and ebony mori (or atleast make everyone in the game atleast safety pip if killer burns an ebon. make ivory after 2 hooks)
Comments
You should know rank means nothing, and if you see a team of 4 bunny feng's all with flashlights...well its entirely your OPTION to play that match, you can just dodge that.
I get red ranks in my lobby as a rank 16 killer. As a rank 16 survivor, I get put up against rank 20 killers. It's messed up. That's why I don't even play every day, anymore; my friend is trying to do the dailies for me, because I just get tired of the game halfway through my first match. I keep an eye on the forums to see what's going on, what updates are coming, but that's about it.
Killer is miserable. Solo survivor is miserable. Survivor queues are ridiculously long, you spend more time waiting for a match than actually playing, and I'm not gonna do that when I could be instantly playing any other game.
Also, I agree with the above post, just dodge any lobby that looks unfun. It's the killer's prerogative to choose who they go up against. I don't know about you, but I constantly witness instant killer queues; my friend picks and chooses who he goes up against, and he'll dodge twenty lobbies for whatever reason ("three Davids and one Meg? if that Meg doesn't switch to David, I'm dumping this lobby... okay, dumped.") before getting into a match.
Spirit is counterable, and you shouldn't feel bad playing as her.
And i agree matchmaking is stupid at the moment. So my suggestion is leave the game for a while, and see if things got better.
Fyi I'm red rank killer, and i'm also doing this
Oh boy, rank definitely means something. I hate getting matched against green rank potatoes when I am a red rank killer, the skill gap is massively noticeable despite what people say.
It does to some degree.
You should play a little game then, and be honest doing it.
Play killer games and based on what you see, try to guess what rank each of the players you are facing is, I promise you, you will be suprised.
I know I am every single time, I might be a poor judge at that but try it yourself, I have had games where one player is a massive potato, could not find a window to save his life (this was a jake), end game screen?....well F my sideways, everyone is rank 8 and that Jake was rank 4.....how? HOW?!!!?!
How? well because rank is not an indicator.
Also had plenty of matches with clearly purpose depipped players at rank 17 who very much knew what they were doing.
the excuse "rank means nothing" is so so so weak. if rank means nothing why does it take players months to break to green ranks? why isnt everyone rank 1 killer and survivor? rank does show knowledge and experience, it might not mean they play every match flawlessly but if you're 8 ranks above them, it's safe to say they're most likely better than you.
i do this all the time. you can CLEARLY tell when a survivor is going to be a red rank, based on how they loop and read your mindgames and respects, they trust themselves to greed, know how to run every tile and hit consistent flash saves even when im looking at a wall and cant see them. trust me, i can tell.
the only game i've gone against people my rank in the past few months was the 1 game where i caved and went AFK to derank on purpose. i was against people below me, that time.
killer queues are now <30 seconds for me, and they used to be up to 15 minutes. it takes me less than half a minute to find a frustrating match that makes me lose my will to learn and get better every time 4 teabagging flashlight clickers escape, when before i'd see 2 toxic flashlight neas once in a blue moon. my survivor queues are 5 minutes now. what im trying to say is, it's not just me. people arent playing killer as much, more people are bringing moris out of frustration (and im with them there) and survivor queues are suffering for it.
Actually, for survivor, yeah a lot of survivors ARE rank one but not always deserved. Its easier to pip as a survivor than a killer. So you do get rank 1s who dont know. Whag they are doing. Meanwhile some people who should be way higher just dont play as mucj so stay in lower ranks
(ignoring all other comments)
Didn't you know? Green killer has been the new red for months.
How can you ask for moris to be nerfed while complaining about four bunny fengs abusing you with flashlights?
Think McFly...
That actually funny to me because I played against 4 bunny fengs around 3 days ago with the same outfit (not the complete bunny set) they all had 4 flashlights and I wasn't paying attention killed 3 of them as freedy last one escaped through hatch by finding a key.
This is why the game is in rough shape. Despite the buffs killer has been receiving it's still not enough The survivors are still the power role. Unless the survivors make a mistake the killer rarely prospers. The devs are this games worst enemy. They keep making it easier for newer survivors. This ends up making the good survivors powerful. Veteran killers see how broken the game is and they leave. New killers come in and they get paired against red survivors because they have been waiting for 10 mins for a match. The MM throws a r20 killer their way so they have a game. The new killer gets bullied and the survivors wonder why they're aren't anyone playing killer. I seriously think there are no new killer players coming in with this MM.
Rank means nothing for survivor. After the ruin nerf, survivors have it easy. Plus a SWF can carry you.
The devs release a PTB but do nothing with our feedback. DS gets a rework after 2 years yet it is still the most powerful perk in the game. Nurse's add ons get reworked, which most agreed needed to happen, but then they nerfed her base kit. Which did not need to happen. They gutted ruin without addressing why the perk was put in the game in the first place. They nerfed toolboxes but they made it easier to sabo hooks. They fix some god loops but made some loops even stronger. Every patch it feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
I think the problem is there's no real competition. Evolve died thanks to greed, last year was meh, FT13 was dead in the water because of the law suit, RE resistance doesn't look like it will last and the Predator game coming out looks to be in the same boat. The devs can afford to release patches that make the game worse because there isn't many games like it. It's like that south park episode about the cable company
"If you don't like our services you can go to someone else. OHHHHH that's right. There is no one else"
Why does it take months....because that is all it takes, time, not skill, its almost purely a matter of just playing the game a ton rather then being actually good at it.
Even the devs recognise this hence the system is getting changed.
On your second claim of "Clearly being able to tell this" im sorry but this is just a lie, YES if you see some super rare survivor who actually knows what they are doing you know they are red rank because what else would they be? apart from purposeful de-ranking.
This is a case of "a cow is an animal but an animal is not necessarily a cow" a fantastic player will be red rank, but a red rank player will not necessarily be fantastic, im a case in point, im always rank 4 to 1 and im the biggest potato you will find, cant loop to save my life, im just at that rank because I play a lot and I play a lot with friends so im boosted that way as well.
When you play killer and you see an absolute potato (like myself) you think, must be like rank 12 or so but nope, rank 7, or 4 or something that you would think does not represent their skill shown at all....and that is because it simply doesn't.
Rank = time spend on the game, not skill.