How do you report players that tell people to kill themselves?
Curious as to what the best way to do this is. I remember on a DEV live stream they mentioned that this kind of abuse will 100% be taken care of. How do you do it. I have screenshot and link to the players steam account.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Put the screenshot link in the report, but seriously tho' they are just words on a computer screen, just get over it
as @jiminie said, just get over it, the report system as it is right now doesen't do much
Why don't you two get over yourselves instead of justifying these #########' behavior?
Dude i was just telling him how it is, the report system is basically useless, im not justifying anything, such behaviour its not alright, but what can he do?
I think you are mentally challenged, what's wrong with you ?
I just told him to put the link of the screenshot in the report, and at the same time, an advice, they are words on a damn screen, they CAN'T hurt you
"Get over it" is essentially saying he's at fault for giving a crap.
Just report them in game. Chat logs are saved. No need to screenshot it.
If someone is actually threatening you, you should contact support (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us) immediately. Report them in game as well. This will make it easier to find the match you're talking about.
getting over it is the reason why people think this community is so toxic. people allow this type of behavior to continue.
Exactly, the fact that nobody gets banned for such horrendous behaviour speaks volumes of where the devs are at with this. One of the most toxic communities in all of gaming history hands down.
People do get banned for it. I personally dealt with the report the OP is talking about. OP can confirm if you don't believe me, this chat log will sound familiar (names removed for anonymity):
100% serious, we see chat logs, report them in game, it will be dealt with.
Are you telling me you guys are ACTUALLY starting to ban people in the harassment category? Heck I might even come back if that's the case. About time somebody started holding people accountable for their behaviour. This community has one of the worst reputations ever, the toxicity needs to stop.
BHVR just hired a whole team of ACMs (associate community managers) just to handle reports. It's very real.
Put a gold sticker on their forehead!! I can't express the relief of hearing this enough.
Thank god!
dont worry about mr/ms Iron heart. We flesh hearts are best hearts after all.
Oh what chat logs are saved?
Ehh Ahmm Yeah I kind of got to go now you know...
Don't look at my chat logs plez. ;3
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DON'T.
100% confirmed this is what happened. Refreshing to see that something is actually done with in game reports. Thank you Peanits, I very much appreciate it.
Oh also for clarification purposes, this was on Steam platform for PC.
Obviously you're the mentally challenged one if you think that words are meaningless just because they're digital. Not everyone can just get over it, and telling them to do so isn't helpful in the slightest.
Dont call the name caller names. Thats their goal (usually). Just disagree or similar.
Well I figured that they had made it obvious that they can take it. Since obviously words can't hurt them.
Kiddies are the one's saying it though, that's neither here nor there. It should never be said for any reason I am just glad devs are actively banning people in the harassment category now I am actually re downloading the game right now because of it.
When you guys adding soft bans to console?
So you can't get over digital words?
Jeez, i'm sorry for your life then snowflake
Getting over it or not is neither here nor there. Saying it in the first place is never okay and those who enable it are just as bad.
Listen, this is an M rated game, you're sayin' that you get your feelings hurt by some random enraged 12yrs old who lost the game, but you are totally okay with slaughtering people with the doctor (just an ex) while laughing like a maniac? seems legit
Seems like you're the one who can't get over it. Does it trigger you so much that you can't help but keep replying?
Be a good maid and go back wherever you came from, your not capable of having an actualy conversation without being butthurt
QED. Keep going, though. This is great report material.
Like I said feelings are neither here nor there it's not the point at all which clearly you've missed.
He and his 5 alts don't really care. They'd rather enable the behavior you described in your OP.
I'm just going to lock this, the question has been answered and all I can see is an argument brewing.