Can we stop being ######### during events?
This goes both ways for killer and survivor. I have seen so many killers camp the special gens when I play survivor. However I have seen plenty of survivors sabotage special hooks as killer. I know at the end of the day the survivors have the goal to live and the killer the goal to kill, but during events can we stop being assbags and let people meet their quota?
Comments
Right
Right
I am always curious what it means when you talk about camping gens and I never got an answer when I asked, so I will try again
How do you camp event gens? camping means that you stay in one place, but there are multiple gens, so how is it possible to camp them?
I know, its called 3 gen strat and could also be called patrolling, but its never "camping"
And its always funny when you call people ######### just for doing the objective, same applies to genrushing
Full blown camping can happen on event gens. They usually park their ass on it because they know the other gens are worthless while that one isn’t on. In the end a regular gen is done, and everyone loses out. No event gen completed, killer completely botched the “kill” part of killer
Event gens are usually spread across the map. How does one Killer camp, say, 3 generators that are on different corners of the map?
I never called people doing gens #########, I said the people running builds like that...
That never happened to me, thats just plain stupid
and I doubt that any killer actually does that as a tactic unless he condeded the game already
But then how are you supposed to get your event quota when every killer does it. Or at least all the ones that I have seen
happened to me all during the event. Of course I am on PS4, otherwise known as the land of #########. People used this as a legit tatic who had 60%+ on this game. They do it just to be ######### as stated before. It sucks
Going into the game with your primary objective being preventing event gens from being done as opposed to actually kill anyone is a dick move, sure. But if the survivors make it obvious they'd rather die than do one of the two normal gens that are left when they need one more gen to power the gates? Why on earth would the killer not guard it?
Believe me, I was one of those survivors that didn't care in the slightest about actually escaping. If I could finish an event gen in the killer's face I'd do it even if I died on the next hook. But even I realize I'm not entitled to freely do my gens, just like the killer isn't entitled to the survivors not struggling so he can reach the event hook on the other side of the map.
I think people have the right to complain when rewards were put in the game that are literally unaccessible with the way people play. I think some people forget here on console all the assbags exist
Im not saying they should be given freely. I am all for working for the reward, but a lot of killers make it literally impossible to get the gens done. I right there with you on popping the event gen in thier face though
Wasn't accusing you specifically of holding that opinion, no worries.
I completely agree that going in with the primary objective of just guarding event gens is the same as being useless and only sabotaging event hooks all game. Basically throwing the game just for a chance of annoying someone, more or less the same as completely facecamping the first hook and continuing to do so even when no one comes for the save.
wow
played ps4 all event. Never seen killers camp gens. Lots of times seen sabotaging hooks (what for? killer won't come to it and will just pop you on closer one).
Guess we play different parts of world
Some people just suck. As a survivor, there's not too much you can do if a killer wants to really camp an event generator. You can try to draw them away, but some of them might just be dead set on camping that gen. Getting the event gens was actually very easy because one repaired event gen gave all survivors 1 point towards the event. As a killer, if survivors are sabotaging the event hooks, just run Hangman's Trick perk if you have it available (Requires the Pig or if you find it available on Shrine of Secrets). At Tier 3, Hangman's Trick brings hooks back after 10 seconds instead of 3 minutes normally. It also causes sabotaged Bear Traps back much sooner (2 minutes instead of 3 minutes normally), making this an ideal perk for the Trapper.
The solution to these problems usually include fixing players/humans on a molecular level.
I'm talkin' lobotomy people. Shutter Island like.
Not everybody is playing for the event. What gives you the right to judge their actions as being "#########"?
This is a PvP game at it's core - and some of us play for keeps most of the time. Get over it.
Considering the fact I can't make any progress and I am wasting my time, my moral judgement is giving me the right to judge
I know this. I am a veteran player
You must be lucky then. What rank were you at? Red? I don't play as much any more so mine was pretty low. That might have something to do it
I think you are mistaking your sense of entitlement for morality.
Nobody is entitled to get event items, you earn them. You earn them by beating out your opponent who is trying to meet his own goals. Swallow your pride and accept that you just got outplayed and do better next time.
Although I agree many players do this to be toxic (both sides) some players don't care for event cosmetics and want to play the game. Since you know its much more likely survivors are going to be going for event generators it makes sense to stay around them. This doesn't always mean the killer is being toxic they are simply using information they know to increase their chances of winning. Its just like survivors who body block event hooks or sabotage them, they know its most likely the killer will want to go to these hooks offering more time to save a teammate.
Not everyone is being a dick and not everyone wants to farm or limit themselves during an event.
People we're pretty nice during the last event