Dead By Daylight is dead.

At this point I can't wait for Predator Hunting Grounds to come out. The developers nerfed every survivor perk and ability while making the killers next to almost impossible to survive a match against. News flash developers without players there is no more game! You're well on your way to becoming Friday the 13th! At least they have an excuse with the lawsuit while you on the other hand suck! I'm beyond done with this game and an extra bloodpoint event doesn't do anything when all you do is get tunneled and camped. Killers should receive zero bloodpoints for it but behavior doesn't care so I'm done and deleting this game. Go Predator Hunting Grounds! Put this game out of business!!!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • A lot of players have multiple games they play (I'd play more games but not with a broken controller)

    Plus this game has a certain frustration built in to it so players need to have an alternative to release and vent their frustrations

  • @katoptris said:

    Just wait until the predator hunting team leave again just like they did to Friday the 13th.

    They didn't leave. The lawsuit destroyed the whole project. Before that, they added content regularly.

  • survivors are hilariously OP and you don't need the changes they're making to easily run killers for 5 gens.

    The game could actually use less brain dead survivors, then the devs would see how unbalanced and weak killers are.

  • First they came for mettle of man, then wake up, then the DC tech. And now the god windows. Soon there will no fair or balanced gameplay left.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1210701#Comment_1210701

    I won't argue about the match making but ummm....

    If killers are so easy....how did you lose against 3 survivors and a DC?

    IMG_20200412_210547.jpg

    I lost that match because the DC was being a baby and all the red ranks did was troll me. I saw a flashlight and a key being brought in so next time I decided to play as a dirty killer since the match making is trash. But yeah this game is so perfect and we'll balanced 🙄

  • Rank 14 killer though, tells me you don't put much time into this game. You think you're entitled to free wins and easy games vs Killers and survivors? WRONG. You think pro players on CSGO, Apex, Street Fighter etc all expect to win without putting in the work to get better at the game?

  • @Tarvesh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1211287#Comment_1211287

    I know it didn't get more killers. I even said so.

    If it had, I would have said so and I'm betting it would have a larger players base. Thanks for pointing out the thing I already pointed out myself. Good contribution.

    You're not getting my point.

    I didn't say that to simply inform you there aren't more Killers.

    I'm saying it's very easy to say in hindsight what should've been done.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1210701#Comment_1210701

    Rank 14 killer though, tells me you don't put much time into this game. You think you're entitled to free wins and easy games vs Killers and survivors? WRONG. You think pro players on CSGO, Apex, Street Fighter etc all expect to win without putting in the work to get better at the game?

    completely agree I'm ranked 8 but ever since that cracked top 10 I mostly just get top 3 players. I am taking the long road I like to level up all the killers evenly which I know is going to take me much longer. But I 100% agree with you game takes lots of practice and you must put in work

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1211473#Comment_1211473

    You're not getting my point.

    I didn't say that to simply inform you there aren't more Killers.

    I'm saying it's very easy to say in hindsight what should've been done.

    That's what my whole post was about.


    I think DBD is basically more like WoW. It's the first one that really stuck. People might go to new games for a bit, but because they have a longer investment in DBD, and DBD keeps putting out content (well, more killers and survivors, not so much "new content"0, they'll just keep coming back to DBD.


    It's sad, because without innovating their game, it's going to continue to grow stale and monotonous. We need games like F13 and Pedator to come out and show innovation in the genre.


    If the devs of DBD were smart, they'd mimic Blizzard by taking the innovations from other games and incorporating them into DBD with their own spin on it in order to keep the game fresh. New game modes and similar game styles to competitors would bring in more players so "but muh wait times" wouldn't be an argument for not branching out.


    Instead, they just crank out a killer/survivor every quarter and think that's good enough. eventually it won't be. And they'll either have to adapt or a new game will take its place.

  • Is this a bait discussion?

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Is this a bait discussion?

    Yes

  • Really, OP? I'm on NA East and getting games within seconds as survivor. Seems pretty alive to me.

  • @rickyray101 said:

    At this point I can't wait for Predator Hunting Grounds to come out. The developers nerfed every survivor perk and ability while making the killers next to almost impossible to survive a match against. News flash developers without players there is no more game! You're well on your way to becoming Friday the 13th! At least they have an excuse with the lawsuit while you on the other hand suck! I'm beyond done with this game and an extra bloodpoint event doesn't do anything when all you do is get tunneled and camped. Killers should receive zero bloodpoints for it but behavior doesn't care so I'm done and deleting this game. Go Predator Hunting Grounds! Put this game out of business!!!

    What was the point of posting this? You could’ve just deleted it.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    First they came for mettle of man, then wake up, then the DC tech. And now the god windows. Soon there will no fair or balanced gameplay left.

    They came for wake up cause it increase other things beside opening the gates.

  • @katoptris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1211549#Comment_1211549

    They came for wake up cause it increase other things beside opening the gates.

    Yup, and they nerfed it so now all it affects is gate opening speed. No idea what the devs were thinking with that one.

  • hey uh...

    you kinda missed April 1st by like 9 days...

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1211882#Comment_1211882

    Yup, and they nerfed it so now all it affects is gate opening speed. No idea what the devs were thinking with that one.

    That cause it previously affected the exit gates only. Then somewhere along the updates it started affecting the speed of everything else. It was exploit that got abused just like legion infinite mending.

  • @katoptris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1211954#Comment_1211954

    That cause it previously affected the exit gates only. Then somewhere along the updates it started affecting the speed of everything else. It was exploit that got abused just like legion infinite mending.

    I understand but if they're going to nerf wake up they should've given it a different bonus in return, like being able to open the exit gates at the start of the game or something.

  • They need to delay predator by another 6 months, otherwise it's gonna be dbd 2.0

  • @rickyray101 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1211086#Comment_1211086

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/918/0RHFN0CA01OE.jpg

    I lost that match because the DC was being a baby and all the red ranks did was troll me. I saw a flashlight and a key being brought in so next time I decided to play as a dirty killer since the match making is trash. But yeah this game is so perfect and we'll balanced 🙄


    You brought an eboni mori into that match. If you're trying to say killers are OP by bringing an eboni mori, and a pink add on into every match where all the other survivors aren't even using full perks, or items, or add ons, I don't think you understand what balance means....and the survivor with 1 perk still managed to punk you out of 13k which would have been 18k with the escape and no point modifiers...

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1210720#Comment_1210720

    IMO, your commentary just further proves with Clicky is saying. Random teams will never work as efficiently together because they lack communication. Yet almost every nerf/negative change for survivors, or buff/advantage for killers, is implemented into the game due to the dreaded SWF dynamic. So yes, it is because to solo survivor teams a killer is OP...the game has been getting tuned this was for months and months to level the dynamic between SWF teams and killers - which, I am happy to admit is a necessary balancing for the QoL of Killers. But, it has absolutely caused a massive disparity for solo survivors who can and do easily get steam rolled because they lack the resources the game is being tuned against.

    SWF works so well not just because of communication, but everyone is looking out for the other person. Granted, solo has great people sometimes. But you will find players who only look out for themselves, and I think calling the killer OP because of this is a mistake. When 2-4 SWF work TOGETHER, they can destroy killers.

    I will admit, solo is more difficult than SWF. But SWF is what's broken, not killers (for the most part). And of course adding voice chat for solo would theoretically "balance" it out. But the fact is there will still be people who choose to use it, and those who don't. And how well would you communicate with a complete stranger? Please consider that some of these people can/will be abusive, toxic and otherwise unhelpful for fun.

    Also, can you tell me what you mean by "Random teams will never work as efficiently together because they lack communication."? Do you mean the speed of the game, or being in the right place at the right time all the time?

    I agree with you though on your last point. The devs need to make a choice and announce it on what they're going to balance the game to, SWF or Solo. Because we're in a limbo on that decision. However, I simply think it's a mistake to blame killers for being OP when the real problem is the difference between SWF and Solo.

    The changes in this upcoming patch should in theory help determine the best approach to dealing with the disparity you mentioned.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1210720#Comment_1210720

    But if you look at the changes over the past year...

    Start with EGC

    killers complained survivors would wait at the gates and never leave. Thus EGC was born to stop that. Good for killer.

    Killers complained the hatch was survivor sided. Granted it was. Then they switched it to be killer sided. It had to be one or the other but they put it in that direction for the killer.

    When these changes came in they wanted to make the Exit Gates 15 seconds so survivors had a chance but killers complained and it was reverted to 20 seconds. The amount of times those extra 5 seconds would have let me escape...

    Meanwhile survivors still get slugged and left to bleed out. Nothing changes about that. They change something to improve killers experience but not survivors.

    Killers complained about OoO especially swf. So they change killers so that stealth killers aren’t affected. Good for killers but they changed Kindred too so that now Ghostface and Wraith can camp to their hearts content and never be revealed.

    Killers complained about instaheals and they got nerfed to the point that they aren’t really special anymore. Toolboxes got nerfed too to the point of being worthless. Yeah it helps the games balance as these stacked could be OP before however nothing is done on the killer side. You can still stack ultra rare add ons, NOED and an ebony and play as toxic as you want.

    The maps have been problematic for a while and that’s reflected in the killrate/survival rate. Coldwind maps were bad for killer, Hawkins bad for survivor. What happens? All the coldwind maps get touched up but Hawkins remains a death zone even though statistically it was more unbalanced than any coldwind map.

    All of these combined, wel Tru3 put up a video the other day. Sure you can say it was just a Trapper but still, brings ultra rare add ons, NOED and an ebony, plays like a twat and leaves the last one on the ground until just before bleed out constantly setting traps in front of him. Killers can be dicks as much as they want it seems.

    Killers tunnel and camp and its always excused by some cocky sod as “its just killers being efficient ;)”, well survivors looping all game is just survivors trying to be efficient at surviving. Sure both sucked but what happens? God loops get fixed and maps get tile changes. Those changes were good for killer Im not disagreeing that they needed to happen eventually but what a surprise that once again they go out of their way to improve killer gameplay but not survivor.

    Basically its not about nerfs or buffs. Its about the fact that the devs have worked to improve the killer experience but survivor is just as miserable as ever. “Oh look here’s another Freddy with his best add ons, NOED and an ebony. Oh look hes just tunneling people straight off hook again.” Such fun gameplay.

    I'm a killer main and I can agree that some of those are factual, but if you're in a match with extremely altruistic and smart survivors, those reasons almost become null and void. Also, killers don't get rewarded for camping. Camp as much as they want, camping can effect a killers rank and they don't get any bloodpoints for doing so. You would actually get less bloodpoints because you get points for every time you hook someone. If you camp until someone is dead, you only got the bloodpoints from hooking them once, the entity being summoned, and them actually dying. Hook them three times and you got what I listed previously, plus you get bloodpoints for hooking two more times. I also don't think that by bringing the best add-ons, an ebony mori, and NOED is a killer being efficient. That just sounds like a killer being toxic. For maps being changed, although infinite loops are getting taken out, there are some maps that are gaining things to make gameplay better for survivors even if small. For instance, you can no longer be trapped by the killer on the top floor of the Thompson House. There's a new window being installed. Certain killer perks have also been nerfed in the last year. Hex: Ruin was changed in January. Generator repairs aren't being slowed down as much. Even though survivor benefits do seem to be being taken away, that doesn't automatically mean the devs favor the killers when dealing with updates. Also, would you say getting rid of hatch stand-offs by allowing killers to close the hatch is all that bad? Sure it is killer sided, but if you are close to an exit gate and they are far enough away from the killer or you hide pretty well, you should still be able to get out even with the killer being able to close the hatch. Also, I do play a fair amount of survivor even though I'm a killer main. I have seen it from both sides. I think what the devs have done is great and although the changes in the last year seem completely killer sided, that's also only looking at the changes making it easier for the killers. That's obviously not going to be the case where everything is to make the killers happy and give them 4k's every match. Even if smaller, there are survivor changes. They also don't need to be all that big seeing how there are 4 survivors in a match and 1 killer.

  • old dbd is the best

1 2 ›