Should Momento Moris be Nerfed or Removed?

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all staying safe and healthy during this time.

Other people I play this game with, as well as myself, feel like the Mori is too overpowered. It severely cuts the game time and, as aesthetically pleasing as it is, there is no equivalent for the survivor to get around it. Also, there is no repercussion for the killer using it. "Getting good," just isn't enough, as the game seems to already lean in favor of the killer. I feel it is an unfair game mechanic and causes the game to lean even more heavily in the killer's favor, especially when the killer can Mori every single Survivor in the match (provided conditions are met with perks, add-ons, and Offerings that are attained). I specifically recall a time where The Shape walked up to me and killed my Survivor on the spot. Perfectly healthy, not even in the Dying State.

One or even two survivors would be acceptable but all four I feel is too much. I think either a heavy limit on it or removal all together would be fair options- or even a Perk/Add-On/Offering for Survivors that allows them to avoid it.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • Well, how about that: Moris only activate after the second hook, but like the meyers-addon you can mori that survivor even at full health. Would be a nerf, because you need a second hook, but would be more than just a cosmetic for the last hook.

  • I think momonto meros are not okay, except for the cypress of course. (keys are not okay too, except for the green ones). They should give ivorys and ebonys the additional condition of hooking all four survivors before they are useable.

  • Honestly, I think ebony should only allow 2 moris. When I first saw it, that's what I thought the escalation was going to be anyway. To keep things going, I tend not to Mori anyone until at least 2 gens have been completed.


    Conversely, I think keys should require at least 2 seconds to open the hatch. Give it an actual animation. Maybe make it so you don't immediately escape. But give it at least long enough for one person to be able to escape through it before the killer can close it.

  • @HarryToeknuckles said:

    It should only be active after two hooks, replacing the death hook

    Mori's have alrdy been nerf'd, lets nerf keys and SwFs 1st.

    @Schmierbach said:

    Just make Ebony Moris require all 4 survivors to be hooked once before anyone can be moried. Dissuades tunneling and allows survivors more time. Keys should be nerfed at the same time though. Both are unhealthy for the game.

    @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1194532#Comment_1194532

    I'm down to make Cypress base kit.

    But in exchange, make Kindred base kit for Survivors too.

    Mori's have alrdy been nerf'd, lets nerf keys and SwFs 1st.

  • @Jaster said:

    Hi everyone!

    Hope you're all staying safe and healthy during this time.

    Other people I play this game with, as well as myself, feel like the Mori is too overpowered. It severely cuts the game time and, as aesthetically pleasing as it is, there is no equivalent for the survivor to get around it. Also, there is no repercussion for the killer using it. "Getting good," just isn't enough, as the game seems to already lean in favor of the killer. I feel it is an unfair game mechanic and causes the game to lean even more heavily in the killer's favor, especially when the killer can Mori every single Survivor in the match (provided conditions are met with perks, add-ons, and Offerings that are attained). I specifically recall a time where The Shape walked up to me and killed my Survivor on the spot. Perfectly healthy, not even in the Dying State.

    One or even two survivors would be acceptable but all four I feel is too much. I think either a heavy limit on it or removal all together would be fair options- or even a Perk/Add-On/Offering for Survivors that allows them to avoid it.

    Thoughts?

    Should only be changed after SWF is balanced out. I wouldn't mind them becoming more rare though.

  • Whatever balance they would do to Moris would have to apply to keys as well. Moris and keys are pretty much the same thing. Gotta keep the balance fair on BOTH sides, and its pretty fair as is. Keys are just as frustrating and cheap. Nothing like 2 a-holes butt dancing at the hatch they opened and get a free escape.

  • How were Mori's nerfed exactly?

    With the upcoming update?

    That's not a nerf, that's a fix to stop annoying pricks from memeing and restarting the Mori animation.

  • I just hope they make it like the old mori, that you can do it instantly, but with the con side is, it shows up only every 30 bloodwebs or more or even 50, nerfing it again would be really bad for killer mains because its a real fun part of the game to do it, on a super rare occasion like 1 mori in 30-50 games.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198476#Comment_1198476

    How were Mori's nerfed exactly?

    With the upcoming update?

    That's not a nerf, that's a fix to stop annoying pricks from memeing and restarting the Mori animation.

    OG Mori's let u Mori without having to have had hooked a survivor. MEANING game starts down survivor then mori.

    again Mori's where alrdy nerf'd leave them alone

  • @Danky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198678#Comment_1198678

    OG Mori's let u Mori without having to have had hooked a survivor. MEANING game starts down survivor then mori.

    again Mori's where alrdy nerf'd leave them alone

    Nah, I think they need more of a nerf and I don't think people will let them go THAT easily.

    That's this community in a nutshell for ya, and of course, Survivor mains.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198981#Comment_1198981

    Nah, I think they need more of a nerf and I don't think people will let them go THAT easily.

    That's this community in a nutshell for ya, and of course, Survivor mains.

    why do u think they need a nerf when ruin just got nerf'd?

  • @Danky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198982#Comment_1198982

    why do u think they need a nerf when ruin just got nerf'd?

    Ruin was not nerfed, it was reworked. This is because there were people who were Rank 16 or above (because they didn't play the game for a while and have deranked, or deranked themselves on purpose) but still had the Hex: Ruin perk unlocked and used. This confused actual new players because they can't constantly hit great skill checks like us, more experienced players. The old Ruin forced them to hit great skill checks, which was in my opinion unfair for them. And Rank 20 new players probably didn't know what totems even were, so they wouldn't even be able to get rid of Ruin in the first place.

    As for the Mori, I think they could nerf it to make it available after two unhooks of someone, or just get rid of the thing and make Cypress Memento Mori base kit. This is just my own opinion though.

    You could also still use Devour Hope to mori players though. That perk's rarely used anyway.

  • I think mori's should be awarded to players for meeting certain requirements in general, not as offerings, of course without double hooking someone(hooking someone and then hooking them again without hooking someone else). Perhaps giving someone the yellow mori's effects to the player when there is only one survivor left and the killer has gotten at least 9 hooks. The green mori's effects could be awarded to the player for getting to the gate phase with at least 8 hooks and at least two survivors are alive. The memento mori could be changed to allow you to kill anyone left alive by getting to the end game collapse with at least 8 hooks. (If you mori someone with the green mori, you can't then gain the effects of the memento mori)

  • Most of the time the survivors DC when they see a secret offering, thinking its an ebony mori. If not they'll DC as soon as the 1st person gets murdered. So I'd say your odds of getting 4 kills with a mori are pretty slim. Then take into account that the killer has to down you then hook you, then down you again to use it. You have to get caught & downed twice. Instead of a 3rd hook. How is that OP? Youre not entitled to 3 hooks. This forum is just ridiculous with people begging for nerfs. It should have its own category. Go down the list. All you see is nerf doctor, nerf hillbilly, nerf noed, nerf mori's, this isnt fair, thats not fair. Nerf face camping, ban tunnelers. Or people crying that they cant DC every match anymore.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1199033#Comment_1199033

    Ruin was not nerfed, it was reworked. This is because there were people who were Rank 16 or above (because they didn't play the game for a while and have deranked, or deranked themselves on purpose) but still had the Hex: Ruin perk unlocked and used. This confused actual new players because they can't constantly hit great skill checks like us, more experienced players. The old Ruin forced them to hit great skill checks, which was in my opinion unfair for them. And Rank 20 new players probably didn't know what totems even were, so they wouldn't even be able to get rid of Ruin in the first place.

    As for the Mori, I think they could nerf it to make it available after two unhooks of someone, or just get rid of the thing and make Cypress Memento Mori base kit. This is just my own opinion though.

    You could also still use Devour Hope to mori players though. That perk's rarely used anyway.

    stop lying to urself, ruin was nerf'd. while it was "reworked" it was made WEAKER, AND they still kept it a hex perk even tho its weaker. old ruin didnt force anyone to hit ANY SKILL CHECKS as u could tap m1 over and over to bypass ruin tho it was slower to do WHICH WAS THE POINT.

    " And Rank 20 new players probably didn't know what totems even were" did u know theres a Tutorial in the game??? sooo if they skipped over that then thats there fault.

    u said "The old Ruin forced them to hit great skill checks, which was in my opinion unfair for them" what about killers??? or even new killers?? how unfair is it for them to play vs SwFs??? vs double second chance perks??? killers only get 1 which is NoED which can be taken out.

  • @Danky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1199058#Comment_1199058

    stop lying to urself, ruin was nerf'd. while it was "reworked" it was made WEAKER, AND they still kept it a hex perk even tho its weaker. old ruin didnt force anyone to hit ANY SKILL CHECKS as u could tap m1 over and over to bypass ruin tho it was slower to do WHICH WAS THE POINT.

    " And Rank 20 new players probably didn't know what totems even were" did u know theres a Tutorial in the game??? sooo if they skipped over that then thats there fault.

    u said "The old Ruin forced them to hit great skill checks, which was in my opinion unfair for them" what about killers??? or even new killers?? how unfair is it for them to play vs SwFs??? vs double second chance perks??? killers only get 1 which is NoED which can be taken out.

    I played over the tutorial.

    It, IN FACT, did not teach about the totems at all to new players.

    That, or I am really blind.

  • @Jaster said:

    Hi everyone!

    Hope you're all staying safe and healthy during this time.

    Other people I play this game with, as well as myself, feel like the Mori is too overpowered. It severely cuts the game time and, as aesthetically pleasing as it is, there is no equivalent for the survivor to get around it. Also, there is no repercussion for the killer using it. "Getting good," just isn't enough, as the game seems to already lean in favor of the killer. I feel it is an unfair game mechanic and causes the game to lean even more heavily in the killer's favor, especially when the killer can Mori every single Survivor in the match (provided conditions are met with perks, add-ons, and Offerings that are attained). I specifically recall a time where The Shape walked up to me and killed my Survivor on the spot. Perfectly healthy, not even in the Dying State.

    One or even two survivors would be acceptable but all four I feel is too much. I think either a heavy limit on it or removal all together would be fair options- or even a Perk/Add-On/Offering for Survivors that allows them to avoid it.

    Thoughts?

    From my point of view i don't think mori should be removed but instead just to kill at deathook. Also i hate mories since it does not give you fun in chases and enought points. I would like that Iridesent hatch be removed like right away or to have condition for insta down like some range. And also i would like keys to be removed or to have activation conditions like number of unhooks or gens repaired.

  • @Godot said:

    Killers need an Ultra Rare offering to burn, so I'd say nerf it instead, even though I would be voting for it to be removed instead.

    If removed, I would at least keep a Cypress Memento Mori, and also not make it secret.

    Oh yeah, did I mention it's pointless to make the Mori offering secret? Lol.

    Nobody uses Shroud of Separation, which is the other secret offering for Killer, so if anyone picks an offering, and it's hidden, then it's 99.9% a Mori.

    If I had to pick nerf though, I'd maybe make it so that Moris can only happen after the second unhook and not the first one? Or maybe make it so that people are killable once all generators have been repaired. One of those two.

    Survivors don't even have a Ultra Rare offering to burn and most of the Ultra Rares suck for them

  • Moris should not work on survivors who aren't on their death hook AND only if another survivor was hooked since the survivor was last hooked. This would prevent tunneling and camping. If they can't make them in a way that prevents tunneling and camping, they just need to go. Period.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    I don’t think a key is cheating particularly because it gets to a point where it’s unfair for survivors to do that last gen. It’s Simply not doable . They need the key to give them an alternate way of escaping. But if you think about it, survival games have always had multiple ways of escaping. So there’s nothing wrong with having a key. Killers got it easier in this game than they do in most other games in my opinion.

    This. And with the way that BHVR is going with the mega survivor nerfs and basically giving free hits and downs to killers doing the last gen WILL be impossible. So keys need a buff and moris need a nerf.

  • The problem with the seemingly popular "everyone needs to be hooked once" solution is that a single salty DC eliminates the mori completely.

  • @finitethrills said:

    The problem with the seemingly popular "everyone needs to be hooked once" solution is that a single salty DC eliminates the mori completely.

    There's other cases that would make it so such a change would need the condition to be "everyone has to be hooked once or dead", otherwise even someone bleeding out on the ground, dying to a pig trap or getting mori'd by other means like devour hope or rancor could lead to the same problem as what you're mentioning.

    So yeah I agree there, and I can't really think of any situations that condition (everyone hooked once or dead) would miss, or situations that could 100% lock a killer out of using the mori.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1199246#Comment_1199246

    I played over the tutorial.

    It, IN FACT, did not teach about the totems at all to new players.

    That, or I am really blind.

    is that soooooo????

    image.png


  • I said I played over it, not read over it. I didn't even know that section existed. Everything should be included in the playable tutorial. Nobody reads things anymore.

    Regardless, my point stands about Moris. Lol.

  • Remove moris, make Cypress base on all killers.


    Boom, no more stupid games with them and now a useless offering is base for every killer to have their finisher

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1199970#Comment_1199970

    I said I played over it, not read over it. I didn't even know that section existed. Everything should be included in the playable tutorial. Nobody reads things anymore.

    Regardless, my point stands about Moris. Lol.

    i disproved ur point, nice try tho.

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1199873#Comment_1199873

    There's other cases that would make it so such a change would need the condition to be "everyone has to be hooked once or dead", otherwise even someone bleeding out on the ground, dying to a pig trap or getting mori'd by other means like devour hope or rancor could lead to the same problem as what you're mentioning.

    So yeah I agree there, and I can't really think of any situations that condition (everyone hooked once or dead) would miss, or situations that could 100% lock a killer out of using the mori.

    Dcs don't count as dead to the game, so it wouldn't change that equation.

    I think the easiest would be death hooks only or last survivor period. Just don't make the mori of one dependant on the status of the others.

    The only other real global choice would be all gens done, or 4 gens done, or whatever. Even that could easily lock out using it on the last survivor though.

  • @finitethrills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1199962#Comment_1199962

    Dcs don't count as dead to the game, so it wouldn't change that equation.

    I think the easiest would be death hooks only or last survivor period. Just don't make the mori of one dependant on the status of the others.

    The only other real global choice would be all gens done, or 4 gens done, or whatever. Even that could easily lock out using it on the last survivor though.

    Oh yeah I should have made it clear my suggestion assumed DCs being counted as.. just dead. They should honestly count as sacrificed and mori'd at the same time in some way so they can't mess with achievements, challenges and so on.

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1201697#Comment_1201697

    Oh yeah I should have made it clear my suggestion assumed DCs being counted as.. just dead. They should honestly count as sacrificed and mori'd at the same time in some way so they can't mess with achievements, challenges and so on.

    That's a bigger conversation, but yeah, dcs should immediately count as a hook and a sacrifice for the purposes of all in game mechanics that use it.

  • @HarryToeknuckles said:

    It should only be active after two hooks, replacing the death hook

    The problem I see with this is that there is a lot of stubborn/petty people in this community and I fear survivors would just let themselves die on second hook to deny the killer a mori

  • @Danky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198678#Comment_1198678

    OG Mori's let u Mori without having to have had hooked a survivor. MEANING game starts down survivor then mori.

    again Mori's where alrdy nerf'd leave them alone

    It's not about how often something got nerfed but how much and how it is after the nerf.

  • Remove them altogether.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1198981#Comment_1198981

    It's not about how often something got nerfed but how much and how it is after the nerf.

    lets look @ it now.

    requires 1 hook per person in which u want to mori, meaning need to hook me to mori me.

    with the Ruin Nerf and games can end as quick as 4.5mins

    theres nothing wrong with the Mori's the way they are right now.

  • As someone already mentioned, it should be active after 2 hooks.

    I've seen so many games which ended less than 3 min.

    The current mori just makes the game so boring and doesn't benefit anybody.

1 2 ›