Bond and Kindred really open your eyes :-(
If you are a solo survivor and aren’t using one of these perks you’re missing out, they really make you realize how ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LITTLE some people do. I’m talking people crouching to hide or following behind you with no flashlight and the killer during an entire two minute chase.
Or one teammate crouched 4 meters from a hooked player until the killer frees literally across the map before making the save.
Players staying in lockers for way longer than needed to hide from BBQ, I’m talking 10-15 seconds or more.
Players urban evading from basically the start of the game hoping for hatch.
Then to no one’s surprise, but their own maybe, these guys get like 3k points. I’ve actually seen a player escape hatch (7K) and still get less than 8000 total points wow.
I really like the info but I may drop using Bond for my sanity.
Comments
Spine chill challenge made me like that before. Otherwise, yeah, not happy with those guys.
Seeing a person self-care in a corner of the map against sloppy butcher and thana will actually make you go insane.
The one thing I can't stand is when they try and loop WITH you.
When you've been looping the killer for minutes and someone decides to join and throws down a pallet, or uses your resources for themselves.
Were the players staying in the lockers Dwights? For if there is one thing you can count on a Dwight for, it's to hide in lockers.
Not only that, but the "normal 10 minute games" many people talk about are often a result of the bad survivor play OP described. The perception of normal game speed only exists because so many survivors are shockingly inefficient. It blows my mind that more solo survivors don't run Kindred. I run Kindred in solo queue and the games are often under 8 minutes because 1 person goes for a save while 2 people do gens. The math is not in the killer's favor there unless the survivors are complete spuds in chase.
Even better you unhook someone and they run away from you to heal themselves, I’m not talking away from the hook to safety or a pallet... I’m talking so far away that you could have finished healing them before they even start self care
That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. I now just don't heal people that decide to leave the hook because it's a massive waste of time to chase them down.
It's because of these dumb players too that killers do not get much needed buffs to compete with competent swf groups.
Agreed, luckily sooo many survivors make it to Red rank that you’re usually seeing 2-3 really bad ones each game but when do get that team or 4 solid players it’s almost impossible. I’m not even talking great SWF kill squads, 4 solo players that know what to do and actually are efficient are deadly
Agreed 100%. As a solo survivor, I use Kindred in most of my builds. However, hanging on a hook and watching people creep around the map or run away from me to heal in a corner makes me wish I didnt know what they were doing...lol
My favorite is when you're left with someone and they camp the hatch and don't try to save you, but I guess I can't blame them much for that, even though it still bugs me. Going back to some of the posts here, the one about how survivors run off after unhooking them is dead on, it's even crazier when I see someone self caring and I offer to heal them and they just ignore me, so I leave them. I run Kindred every once in a while, but I see enough incompetence just seeing the auras when I'm hooked, kinda don't want to see more of it.
Lol right!!! It’s almost a toss up do you want to know what they’re doing/not doing or is ignorance really bliss lol
I actually loved to run bond or kindred, but the point came where i couldnt take it anymore. Now, i run Left behind and plunderers instinct. I look in chests for a key, and whatever i find one or not, i try to resolve the game normaly, i do gens, i unhook, i even go for the other survivor if he is hooked or slugged and its only two left.
But so often i get out when the first survivor decided to suicide on first hook or disconnects, while others just dont do anything. So i started playing selfish myself.
"one teammate crouched 4 meters from a hooked player until the killer frees literally across the map before making the save" isn't a bad strategy, tbh. the furthest the killer is, the less likely is he comes back to the hook. there is no need to rush unhooks.
I was playing against a Doctor last night and as I was running to the shack this Nancy thought it'd be smart to throw down the pallet which pushed me back outside the shack and got me smacked down.
I get the smartest teammates sometimes.
Agreed no need to rush, but if you aren’t going to save right away why follow behind? If you’re going to wait 30 second to save you may as well stay on a gen... I really won’t complain what survivors do as king as they’re doing SOMETHING
Like someone said this is why games can take 10-15 minutes because survivors spend so much time doing nothing
I'm almost always playing solo and I LOVE Kindred. It's amazing for giving information to everyone. Bond is great too, I normally only bring it if I don't have a medkit for them sweet rubs!
With kindred do you still find 2-3 teammates going for you when you get hooked? Like they either don’t know what it means or are racing each other?
That would make my blood boil.
Oh yes, and sometimes I still get survivors who don't even go for a save.