Chains of Hate chapter makes me feel helpless
Maybe it's just a case of the gitgud, but idk.
Whenever I get Dead Dawg Saloon or get the Deathslinger, I feel pretty helpless in a chase (more so than getting even Hawkins or a good Spirit) regardless of how long the chase goes on for. I have 1000+ hours in this game (mainly as a Survivor) and I can't really tell why I feel like this. Something just feels off with those aspects of the chapter.
Am I alone in this?
Comments
I don't know if I'm imaging this, but Dead Dawg seems to have the fewest pallets out of every map in the game. It seems to exist for people who want to play immersed.
I think you just need more time playing against Deathslinger. Huntress is much more dangerous.
It really does feel like Dead Dawg has like 5 pallets and no good loops. That probably explains it.
I'd take a huntress of him any day of the week honestly (provided hitboxes are halfway decent). At any moment Deathslinger can just frame 1 quickscope you and you're donezo. At least Huntress has to wind up lmao.
I'm not a fan of the Deathslinger map when I play survivor because even though it's still new, I can tell it's one of those maps where I'll be forced to play a little more stealthy and I really hate that style. Going against a bad Deathslinger is one thing but once they find out what they can get away with, then he's pretty nuts. You can shoot through or over such small spaces. As a survivor it's pretty stupid. Playing as him.. it's hella fun. So, I'm 50/50 with the chapter.
I haven't had a bad time vs deathslinger, (ive earned more white whale trophies vs him than any other killer thx btw), but I really don't like the new map as survivor.
It just feels too wide open and bright. I prefer stealthy play and all my solo q games here have been a disaster. But whatever, there's always the next round.
I think the things that irk me about Deathslinger the most is how NoED, Devour, etc works with his power (when really I don't think that's truly an "M1"), how long his lunge is (he can reel you in full bar when you're behind a tree or something and lunge around the entire tree and still get you even though you should've gotten out of that situation), and how he can frame 1 quickscope you at any time so you have to just randomly flop around and pray even in a loop.
With Dead Dawg, it feels like if there's an early hook it's just GG. Survivor has no defenses, it's almost like the game is counting destructible walls as pallets when generating the map.
Deathslinger is very strong on chases but it depends on the other player's skill. He is also very punishing if you miss. I've had games against rank 1 slingers where they start missing about 4 or 5 shots and that's all of us escaping cuz he doesn't have enough map pressure, even if his other chases were super quick. As a survivor you need to bait his shots, since his projectile is so precise if you bait going around a corner he'll most likely go for the shot and miss, its especially effective when close to pallets.
The new map is a weird one. I don't think its as killer sided as people think. There's some decent loops with pallets even though they're mostly unsafe pallets, but the main building has very safe windows, which are decently strong even if the killer spends a whole minute breaking walls there. There are also some stairs in two other buildings, one close to shack, the other close to the saloon itself, which pretty much have god vaults and you can go around them. It does depend on how the drops are placed cuz the killer may be able to follow. The bushes in the map allow for pretty stealthy gameplay too. Overall I say the map is pretty fair, but I've found it extremely difficult for deathslinger himself, mostly cuz of the very safe gen positions.
go around every corner you see as fast as you can, deathslinger wont be able ot hit you
Wait. You guys still verse the Deathslinger? It's been, like, two weeks since the last time I played against one.
I understand he has his flaws, and I am by no means saying he's OP or anything. What I'm saying is in a 1v1 I just feel straight up helpless, even if I am able to dodge some shots or break his chain. Haven't really had this with any of the other killers (other than maybe Spirit?). At any point he can just quickscope and frame 1 pull the trigger on ya through tiny cracks and crevices. I just never feel "good" about fighting him.
I haven't really explored the two elevated "god windows" yet, maybe those make up for the lack of pallets, idk. The map in general feels like a shell of a map with the inside gutted out.