"Pig addon: Amanda's Secret" is it bugged?
- Disables the ability to see aruas of Jigsaw Boxes
- Gain a notification when a survivor removes a Reverse Beartrap
- See the aura of survivors removing a Reverse Beartrap for 6 sec
So I never played with this addon yet and after finishing my pig to prestige 3 level 50 I started playing her again alot and so I tried a few builds and addons. After trying out Amanda's Secret I noticed that the addon is bugged or doesnt work at right. I am not sure thought if I just understood the addon wrong or whatver. I get the notification and I cant see the boxes as intended but I didnt saw any Aura of a survivor removing a bear trap in the entire game. I saw even the one feng removing a beartrap without any aura infront of me.
I am not sure if that is bugged or the addon works differently. Do you know more about this or how this addon actually works?
Comments
I would not be surprised if it is bugged and nobody noticed so far, because it is most likely her worst Add On, lol.
Well if it would work its a decent one. Seeing a survivor removing a beartrap can be very usefull and give you alot of suprise hits or kills. Its basicly like nurses calling. There are ton of addons that are underrated as hell, its not the first one.
When it says seeing survivors removing the bear trap it doesn't mean working on boxes that means you'll see them when they actively take the bear trap off
Yes, AFTER they finished the box and only if it was the correct box. That's why this is such a bad addon. And if you noticed an aura not being shown after the trap got removed, you might check for distortion
Yeah, I avoid this add-on like the Plague (Yes, that one) since it tends to promote the dreaded Tunnel Pig that I so deeply despise. It just feels unfun to be tunnelled out of games in general, and you should have bigger concerns, such as the other 3 survivors who could still be working on generators. Not to mention the extra kills that Tunnel Pigs are actively boosting the statistics and ensuring that Pig doesn't get the love that she needs.
I can't help you in telling if it's bugged or not, but I can warn you that it promotes an unhealthy style of play. If you're concerned with survivors getting traps off, then I might just suggest both Gears add-ons, or going Crate of Gears and Tampered Timer.
Alright good to know thanks for that! But this addon would be still not trash, I mean its better then the half ot the rest? :D
Regarding the price and what ultra rare could be, I'd consider it trash XD
I used to play that addon with old Dying Light and a green Mori + the aura reading addon. Save your 1 trap for the obsession and see the aura to sneak up on her again for the mori. Hides the tunneling ;P
It was not distortion though.
I know her best addons and how to play pig dont worry, I didnt asked for these. I was just curious why the other addons are bad or not used because dbd has ALOT of underrated killers and addons.
It's typically considered trash because of 3 reasons.
1) You have no control over when a trap is removed.
More often than not you're not really going to be in a position where you could actually deal with the survivor because the aura is shown when the actual trap is taken off not when they're working on the box.
So you often might be in Chase, halfway across map or in general just occupied with another task by the time the aura shows up if you even notice it any at all.
Unlike if it showed them working on a jigsaw box which will increase the chance of actually finding the survivor once a survivor remove the trap they usually not just going to hang around the Jigsaw box or in that area.
2) Removal of box prediction.
Typically smart-pig players who are keeping an eye on the boxes and visual cues around them can track where a survivor might be working on the box.
This gets even easier when the trap time is close to popping. Survivors usually end up abandoning stealth and becoming more reckless with their searches triggering more visual indication including scratch marks or loud noise notifications.
Essentially speaking if you're good at tracking certain cues you can predict if someone's going to a box before they even reach it. Meaning you do a better job than this add-on for tracking survivors without using the add-on.
3) General practicality.
Typically this descends into why are you burning up so much effort into tracking people who are not going to be working on generators.
The chances of a survivor being just genuinely close enough to you for to make maximum use of this add-on is very slim.
The likelihood is you just going to end up going after one poor sod, even when they not really doing anything objective wise whilst everyone else is powering through gens. However if you're going to be focusing more on the generators and leaving the boxes unless they're close enough or you're not preoccupied why are you wasting a very rare on something you can do for free.
Honestly you're literally better off just straight up tunneling the person with the reverse bear trap.
In terms of usefulness I rank this along with Franks mixtape for current Legion.
Does it have a use? Sure
Are you practically shooting yourself in the foot for actually trying to use it? Most certainly.
Would literally anything including no add-on be more useful? Precisely
Do the vast majority of players especially mains consider it one of the worst addons in the game if not the worst? Oh you bet your bottom dollar they do
If you managed to somehow squeeze use out of it then go ahead.
However considering the perk was so bad and useless you initially thought that it was bugged I think you might have your answer.
Well its imo not franks mixtape, its the yellow pin. Slightly usefull but not bad to have. If the addon would work then I would use it over all green addons. I think you see this addon way to negative, its not useless seeing the aura for 6 sec. Its definatly not the non plus ultra addon but still not useless. And to the last sentence from you. No this addon doesnt work at all, I tried this also in kyf and I dont see any aura at all, this addon doesnt work yet.