Killer Perks Buffs and Nerfs:
I have a list of potential perks that could be buffed to become more useful, and perks that can be balanced better as well.
Here's the killer list for suggested changes: N=Nerf, B=Buff or Balance (throughout the tiers to make it more consistent in use)
- N/Unnerving Presence: Limit affected skillchecks to repairing, healing, and sabotaging. While within the killers terror radius, skillchecks' success zones are reduced by 40/50/60%
- B/Thanataphobia: For each injured survivor, skillchecks' success zones are reduced by 6/8/10%, up to 24/32/40%, and action speeds on generators are reduced by 5/6/7%, up to 20/24/28%.
- B/Territorial Imperative: When a survivor enters the basement, their aura is revealed for 3 seconds. Can only be triggered while killer is 32m+ away from basement and has 30/25/20 second cooldown. When a survivor finishes opening a chest or breaks a dull totem, you receive an alert from that area.
- N/Play With Your Food: Each time you lose your obsession in a chase, you gain a token. You gain a maximum of 4/5/6 tokens. Each token grants an additional 1% movement speed. Each time a survivor is downed, you lose 2 tokens. (This one I didn't want to adjust, but it feels too unstable in it's current state.)
- B/Hex: The Third Seal: Hitting a survivor applies an 80/100/120 second blindness status effect and a 60/80/100 second oblivious status effect.
- N/Overwhelming Presence: Reduces efficiency on flashlights, keys, and toolboxes by 60/70/80% while within the terror radius. (I honestly don't know what to say about this perk, all I know is that it shouldn't make survivors unable to heal fully using a medkit if that's all they have IMO.)
- N/Franklin's Demise: When you successfully hit a survivor with your weapon, you apply a 40/50/60 second status that lowers object efficiency by 75%.
- B/Spirit Fury: After breaking 2 pallets, the perk activates. When active, if stunned, the pallet instantly breaks and you endure a 2.5/2.25/2 second stun. This stun cannot be affected by Enduring.
- B/Iron Maiden: When a survivor exits a locker, they scream, revealing their location. Their aura is revealed for 16/20/24 seconds.
- N/Infectious Fright: When a survivor is put into the dying state, all survivors within your terror radius scream and reveal their location for 5 seconds. This effect has a cooldown of 60/50/40 seconds.
- B/Thrilling Tremors: When you pick up a survivor, all gens not being worked on are blocked by the entity for 16 seconds. While blocked, the highlighted generators regress at 250% rate. This perk has a cooldown of 60/80/100 seconds.
- B/Furtive Chase: Every time you hook your obsession, you gain a token up to a max of 4 tokens. When anybody unhooks your obsession, they become the obsession. Each token reduces the terror radius during a chase by 25%, up to a maximum of 100%. Once you lose the chase, your terror radius retains the reduction for 8/10/12 seconds.
- B/Cruel Limits: Once a generator is completed, the 4 nearest windows become highlighted for 32 seconds. If a survivor vaults a highlighted window, it becomes blocked by the entity for 20/24/28 seconds.
- B/Dead Man's Switch: When you hook your obsession, the perk activates for 40/50/60 seconds. During this time, if any survivor on a generator leaves, the generator becomes blocked. Blocked generators regress at 100% rate.
These are my killer teachable suggested adjustments, if anybody would like to contribute or give feedback, feel free to respond. Let me know if I should make a survivor list too!
Comments
Why Would you NERF Unnerving Presence? It's incredibly weak as it is!
I think the only buff Thana needs is a percentage based one. Up to 20% penalty would be great.
Play With Your Food doesn't need a nerf either.
Third Seal feels like a bit of a nerf.
Overwhelming Presence DEFINITELY doesn't need a Nerf. It's pretty useless as it is. If anything it needs a major buff.
Franklin's Also doesn't need a Nerf thank you very much. If anything it should consume MORE of the charges. This would be a 100% useless perk, because chances are that survivor is going on the hook, not to use their item.
Iron Maiden - That's WAY too strong. Their Aura revealed for 24 seconds? Absolutely ridiculous. Even Retribution can't show the aura for more than 10.
Infectious Fright doesn't need a cooldown.
I like the Thrilling Tremors Buff.
Cruel Limits sounds like a nerf.
Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated, Ill elaborate a little here:
Unnerving I felt needed that change bc a) doctors with extreme skillcheck builds should not have snap out of it affected IMO, only skillchecks that have an increased chance, so just gens heal and sabo. and b) because I tried to make an adjustment for each killer, couldn't really though, but still tried.
PWYF is just funky on builds and can be insanely unbalanced, less of a nerf, more of a balance.
Third seal is DEFINITELY not a nerf, auras being hidden is hardly anything to a skilled survivor. A suppressed terror radius? That's more of a punishment.
Overwhelming was again an attempt to have a perk for almost every killer adjusted.
As a killer main, Franklin's is irritating enough I can tell. Esp with how random the dropping of items is, it can be nearly anywhere and so hard to find. It definitely should get a nerf as it is far too unbalanced. If you want to punish people for using items, don't be lazy and use this perk, just kill them all.
Iron Maiden is so long bc it would no longer have the exposed status. Retribution can be paired with haunted grounds and that reveals and exposes survs. 24 seconds may be long but it certainly would need aura revealing for a good moment.
Infectious fright DOES need a cooldown, it's an effective way to stop killers from slugging. ESPECIALLY with all the billies/onis/leatherfaces/myers that bring it to down everybody at the start of a match. I get it if you want one chain attack, but getting information off of the second down? That's ridiculous even to a die hard oni main. I can't stand onis who bring infectious bc it's such a cheap tactic.
Cruel limits is situational in that matter. If there's a lot of windows near a gen, it's can be insanely good as is. But if the gen lies in a deadzone, it's practically useless. This was an attempt to make the perk more consistent with it's use.
Again, thank you for the feedback, I like your responses but I would also like some more reasoning as to why you shut some down without saying a thing. Just an attempt at making the game more enjoyable for survs while not making all killer perks absolute garbo
You wanted to change one perk for each killer, and didn't say... think to Buff Overcharge a bit? Instead you decided to take a fairly useless perk and nerf it even more? Unnerving only effects people inside the killer's terror radius anyway. Also you wanted to make an adjustment for each killer but missed Wraith, Billy, Freddy, Pig, Clown, and Oni.
PWYF isn't really insanely unbalanced. You miss an attack, and you lose a stack. You hit someone, you lose a stack. Any offensive action loses a stack. Seems like a fair trade off. Plus you can only get it against the obsession.
Third Seal is a nerf because it's time restricted. Especially since its already a hex perk. It can be cleansed. There should be no time restriction on a hex perk that could easily be cleansed.
Franklin's SHOULD make the survivors drop their items. How else are you supposed to counter Keys, and sabotage with Toolboxes? And your nerf would make the perk absolutely useless for the reasons described. Also, you don't really sound like a killer main.
Iron Maiden should keep the exposed status. The long aura reading is just too long.
Infectious doesn't need a cooldown. Killers don't need to be stopped from slugging. It's a completely legitimate way to play. It even has a counter: Run Calm Spirit. Or once you find out a killer has it, stay away from other survivors. The killer can only snowball if you let them.
Cruel Limits as you mentioned is just a weaker bamboozle. Might as well just run Bamboozle.
Overcharge is alright, but what's going to be less interactive and more annoying for survivors? A perk that drains their items extra fast while nearby or a perk that the killer applies to a gen and risks regressing the gen more? Obviously you're only considering the killers side of things here, try and think aside from your own POV for a second, would ya? And I said I tried to get all killers, the reason I skipped some was their perks were recently reworked or I think they're completely fine. Don't be so salty, it's a discussion and the intent is to gather a more concrete idea. You're just taking it all so personally lmao it's only ideas.
PWYF is unbalanced when it comes to certain builds, it can be extremely strong if a killer has instadown and knows what they're doing. Do you? You don't sound like it. This rework of that perk is to make it a more long-term gain and lose rather than a quick lose and regain.
Third Seal causing oblivious status is punishment enough to where survivors will clearly try and find the totem if you use it right. Similar to retribution's totem cleansing effect. Retribution also has a time effect.
While keys are extremely unbalanced, that's a different topic. Dropping items is irritating for survivors and quite easily a waste of a perk slot if you want to equip it. This change would basically put a timer on survivors items, making them not use them for a prolonged amount of time rather than grab it again and get back to whatever. I am definitely a killer main, rank 1 for as long as I can remember, although it's not much of an accomplishment because I'm literally stuck at that rank. I've played for 2+ years and I love taking on the role of the killer alongside the fact that survivor is just annoying when I constantly get matches with insane slugging, tunneling, and broken builds.
I understand the idea of keeping exposed on Iron Maiden, but 15 seconds is useless. Maybe more if not auras.
Infectious certainly does need a cooldown, you'd have to smoke crack or never play survivor to think it doesn't. When a billy can chain insta down an entire team because of ONE perk, there is something very broken about it. Although billy is a bit broken, Oni shares the same trait, but he's far more balanced than billy. Also, who is ever going to run Calm Spirit? That perk is so often useless.
Definitely not a bamboozle. It's up to the survivor to block a window.
I seriously think you're not considering anything survivor sided to this? Although the game has been getting more survivor sided lately, some stuff that killers get is insanely unbalanced. As a killer main I could never sink to the level of bringing infectious, slugging, and hooking everyone to only get 4 hooks. And yet every other game I play as survivor consists of that. Whatever I know we're just butting heads but I tried to explain my views many times. I hope you have a good one.
I play survivor/killer 50/50 actually, and I think you're the one taking things personally here. There are a lot of counters to almost all of these perks you suggested nerfing. Any survivor with a decent amount of time in the game are going to be able to hit skill checks in unnerving presence very easily because they're used to hitting their DS skill check, which is even smaller (and unaffected by Unnerving Presence, I might add). Franklin's you just need to literally find the item again and pick it back up. If they can't remember, if the item is that important to them, they'll spend time looking for it which gives Franklin's actual value. Survivors don't need the game made even easier by weakening Killer Perks right now. Unless your hope is that most killers just quit and eventually BHVR replaces them with Bots. I mean Hang Man's was made absolutely useless just recently (then nerfed even further to be even more useless). It's no wonder killers want DS nerfed, even though DS isn't that big of a deal. Their perks get nerfed all the time.
You want to nerf Unnerving Presence, a perk which only works on one Killer and can still be countered by being a good Survivor? I run Distressing, Unnerving, and Overcharge on Doctor and against good Survivors, I only hear a failed skill check that's not from a gen or me interrupting a Survivor maybe once or twice per game. I am using up THREE perk slots for something and having it not work because Survivors can hit skill checks. I could be using much stronger perks like PGTW and Thrilling.
STBFL is great on Doctor if your'e not already running it. I always feel like as Doc survivors get across the map after that cooldown. Actually STBFL is great on almost all killers that use their M1's to down people. Less so on Legion because his frenzy doesn't count. With Doc though it feels a lot worse for some reason. Might just be me though.
Man I just started a normal discussion and you instantly jumped at it and fired back on just about everything I wrote without even reason or consideration. Done arguing with you and I tried to be a touch kind but you obviously don't care and only contribute to the toxicity that plagues this game's community.
apply a 40/50/60 second status that lowers object efficiency by 75%.
I like this. This could be made a new status effect called Clumsy or something.
I disagreed with you. That's not toxicity. Don't take criticism personally. Criticism is an essential part of growth.
Yeah these changes seem to be aimed at killing what little of the killer meta is left while indirectly buffing survivor items..gotta say it makes this a lot harder to take seriously..pwyf at 1 percent a stack ? That's not even a bad joke..its quite frankly mind blowing
Criticism is saying WHY something should or should not be so. Half of your arguments were "seems like a nerf" it's just a diss, man.
Thank you for being kind. Clearly people hate my ideas lol, thanks for atleast pointing out one that's decent apparently. <3
It could be a fun status effect to experiment with.
It's aimed at making killer meta less unbalanced, not destroying it. Although I think killers are getting the short end of the stick lately, these adjustments would be in a better time when generators aren't the easiest thing ever. Also you seem to not understand how incredibly powerful even a slight speed boost is? As killer, these perks' changes are intended to make killers less dependent on certain metas, too. Such as all the infectious fright billys, they're literally plaguing red ranks right now.
I mean, you tried to nerf perks that really didn't need nerfing. Also some of your buffs are also a nerf like Spirit Fury. It buffs tier 1 and 2 technically but super nerfs tier 3.
1 percent speed is nothing and the time required to stack the perk is appalling..its only doable tn because of the oni perk nemesis and that's 2 perk investment for 1 effect..as for infectious killers have very few good perks rn and it's a perk that has counterplay AND a counter perk so really theres 0 room to harp on ot..you want killer metas to change? Try adding more good perks instead of more trash ones
B stands for buff and/or balance. Does not entitle a buff to it, the balance is to make it more consistent with it's use.
Okay fair enough for me not reading correctly. But still my point still stands - nerfing perks that don't need nerfing. Some of your buffs are alright like Dead Man's Switch. But Spirit Fury would get seriously butchered and probably replaced by Brutal Strenght entirely.
That's fair but again, most of this thread was to counter metas that make survivor gameplay almost entirely countered. I think the spirit fury/enduring combo is insanely overpowered when paired with 115% killers, although I reckon it does pose a new counter. Even as a killer main, using these metas to me is completely boring and should not be available. I think that adjustment to enduring/spirit fury will not completely nullify enduring, though. The enduring part would be canceled out during the pallet-breaking stun. That would be to give the survivor a slightly bigger window to gain distance. Regular pallet stuns that don't break the pallet would still be shortened, just not the pallet-breaking stuns, they would be normal length so as not to let the killer get a practical insta down.
All this being said, I do think killers still have it rough right now, but I don't think giving them super strong metas will be useful as it will become a crutch and, hopefully, when the game is more balanced, these will either be overpowered or adjusted by then. These changes are, again, in an ideal world where DBD has fair hitboxes, no genrush, etc.
Nerfs Unnerving and Overwhelming...why?
Removes open speed bonus on Iron Maiden. No.
Has anyone ran into a Myers running tombstone piece that ######### is stupid that something like that exists in this game. No hook, no hit just fully stalked and i can get insta killed 🙃 wow thanks dave ive ignored alot of bullshit in this game but that is where i draw the line!
You can jump in a locker and force him to hook you. Tombstone doesn’t work on slugged Survivors. He’s also really slow when using it. Seems like your teammates are just utter garbage and are feeding him his tier 3.
So wait why are you suggesting nerfs for trash perks?
Oh my bad, I forgot that part. That part was OK on Iron maiden. Idk abt the presence perks, I was trying to stick to making a change for each killer but couldn't think of many, those were basically just random concepts.
The two presence perks I only made in a feeble attempt to make perks for all killer's but I gave up on that, the rest I still stand somewhat by aside from Iron Maiden. Didn't word that one right.