My initial thoughts of the game....and why I'm so worried about what's to come
Hello all! Downloaded DBD as soon as it became available for free on psn and have been loving my experience so far.
I am at level 12 with killers and 14 with survivors. And I LOVE playing as the Pig and old happy sack himself Michael Myers!
The unique traits and powers of each killer makes playing as all of them very fun and I appreciate the learning curve some of them have in order to let you truly master them. However recently my experience of the game has soured ever so slightly and I'm hoping that some of you killer experts will be able to help me out.
So, in short....why is it that the very experienced (seemingly at least) survivors are able to quite literally run circles around killers? Endless pallet hopping, shining a torch in your face when stuck in animations (seriously, how can that even be a thing) and I'm guessing mics are permitted when playing with friends? As sometimes it seems as if the survivors have a GPS tracker stuck to the killers ass. Don't get me wrong, I can see there is plenty of room for me to git gud.... but I'm concerned that if I'm coming across survivors like this now, later I may be made a mockery out of . Is there a legitimate counter to the torch? Or pallet looping that isn't 'play as nurse'? I try to go and focus on other survivors but if you come across two leapy flashlight pr***s I really struggle...
It's essentially seems like with each level up I do, playing survivors becomes much easier, whereas playing as the killer seems more difficult.
Or maybe I'm just terrible?
Either way, it's off my chest now lol
I am at level 12 with killers and 14 with survivors. And I LOVE playing as the Pig and old happy sack himself Michael Myers!
The unique traits and powers of each killer makes playing as all of them very fun and I appreciate the learning curve some of them have in order to let you truly master them. However recently my experience of the game has soured ever so slightly and I'm hoping that some of you killer experts will be able to help me out.
So, in short....why is it that the very experienced (seemingly at least) survivors are able to quite literally run circles around killers? Endless pallet hopping, shining a torch in your face when stuck in animations (seriously, how can that even be a thing) and I'm guessing mics are permitted when playing with friends? As sometimes it seems as if the survivors have a GPS tracker stuck to the killers ass. Don't get me wrong, I can see there is plenty of room for me to git gud.... but I'm concerned that if I'm coming across survivors like this now, later I may be made a mockery out of . Is there a legitimate counter to the torch? Or pallet looping that isn't 'play as nurse'? I try to go and focus on other survivors but if you come across two leapy flashlight pr***s I really struggle...
It's essentially seems like with each level up I do, playing survivors becomes much easier, whereas playing as the killer seems more difficult.
Or maybe I'm just terrible?
Either way, it's off my chest now lol
Comments
It is a good post, but meaningless, I'm afraid. You see, the devs care only about survivors, because they are majority. Us, 50/50 players or killer mains, are in the minority.
There are multiple problems with balance, the killers are just a "beaten kids" and the survivors are the bullies. They watch cancerous streamers like this starting with "o" and ending with "chido", and want to be like him - making shaming videos of him "outplaying" killers on the lower ranks and always with his SWF slaves to protect his ass, using exploits, etc etc. Bunch of survivors, who are just kids, follow their guru, mentor, a daddy - you name it, and try to mimic his toxic behaviour, and the devs are okay with it.
2 years of nerfing killers, not caring about bugs they suffer from, exploits that survivors can use against them, but instantly fixing survivors' bugs and their problems. 2 years of buffing survivors, now they got nerfed once, started crying, and they will be buffed again in the next patch.
Believe me, my friend, better abandon this game, because it will not be better.
i saw ochido come online while they streamed some gameplay footage. It worried me thats there core audience of torturous survivors. But to me guess thats just paranoia with companies priorities.
Because small chunk of games population is killers think the mic is harder to reach cause if go off a majority there gameplay is most important. But if you shove off the killers also you lose what creates the lobbies. I find when you play games like this as survivor should want a challenge but as killer want to fill the power role. I purposefully landed on red space in mario party and why cause want that power role where people barely escaped wrath.
Playing against someone who can loop better then Jordan can hoop, all while blinding you and doing that little jittery thing with their movements whenever you get in swinging distance (which is among the most unnatural forms of running I've ever seen) is ridiculous.... Don't get me wrong, il kill a friend or two of his and finish the game with enough points, but even then I have to endure watching the guy teabag his way across the exit line....what the hell is the purpose of that?
And how to evade torches: pick up survivors when facing a wall. When they try to blind you while you can move your camera, just look down or up, they can't blind you from these angles. The perk Lightborn might help you (Hillbilly teachable).
Devs dont only care about survivors its just that survivors harass the devs by review bombing the game whenever killers get a buff so the devs have no choice to buff survivors in return
Either you get an early grab. Get an easy hit because of low terror radius. Or the worst, they see you coming and start running.
Out of the hundreds of red ranked SwF teams I have played, only two countered me properly.
I say say this all the time. Until one has achieved rank one as killer, you simply don’t know this game deep enough to properly contribute to the discussion of improving the game.
I got this game a year ago exactly. I didn’t start playing killer with a goal of getting rank one until january. And it was eye opening.
I hope he does come back he got ######### over. He posted tons but he posted and was highly active and took as much as he gave. It isn't right. They have so many that are not active and wanted some bs auric cell raffle. He was highly active and his posts would entertain in one way or another. I honestly am less active lately because it is the same stupid threads over and over. I only check in once a day if that. Hope he comes back in some form. I want the chaos!
I've come to find that every killer has the one ridiculously OP build that will body almost any team that isn't prepared for it. Myers with infinite tombstone is super strong but you need to play perfect if you want to get the best survivors. If you make mistakes as killer it will cost you a lot and if you make too many, survivors escape the trial. You need the right perks and a bit of RNG luck sometimes. But a good killer with OP build can destroy SWF groups if you don't give anyone a chance and take every advantage you can.
If you just downloaded the game for free you're going to need better perks the higher you go in Rank.
It's because there's more Survivors than Killers, and instead of trying to make sure that both sides have a fun experience, they try to make the Survivors as happy as possible in order to get more money. Whenever Killers get a buff (after months of being ignored because the devs "don't see a problem"), the Survivors review bomb the game on Steam and threaten to quit/actually quit to get BHVR to change it. And guess what, they end up getting their wishes granted in the next update because the devs are absolutely terrified of losing even a penny. Unfortunately at this point we just have to pray that whatever buff Killers get is not undone because of whiny Survivors.
Enjoy the game.
Just don't listen to allot of the crybabies on the forums and such. As you go higher in the ranks in survivor and killer you will notice a bit how the game swings more towards the survivor side. Mainly because the Devs when balancing are balancing more towards lower rank players. So it does get a bit unbalanced the higher you go. However it is still a very fun game, if you just want to have some fun. If you are a try harder all the time, you'll turn into a heaping pile of salt and stop playing.
There is entitlement on both sides of the game due to people favouring to play one side over the other. If you keep an open mind on both sides of play, you'll have a better time and not end of having allot of resentment towards the Devs, thinking they bias themselves towards one side.
Remember the Devs are looking to make the WHOLE player experience better, they don't look at it as... We like you guys so you get a buff. They look at the raw numbers and make decisions that way. They might not always be the right decisions but that is how it is done.
I think from the last 2 years, this game has come a long way. It is true killer was more frustrating to play, but as more patches come out, that frustration drops and now it has become more fun to play.
I am sorry for you that you realized the games real nature after such a short time. That beginners /noob time is when the game is the most enjoyable.
High rank survivors like to bully noob killers.
This game is extremely addicting. Most veterans have spent over thousand hours.
But it can also be extremely frustrating.
There are situations which you can't win. No matter how experienced or good you are. Looping is one of those situations. Just break the chase if you can't down a survivor in the first 2 minutes and ignore that survivor for the best part of what's left of that match.
Don't take teabagging and insults personal.
If you play both killer and survivor you'll learn a lot from both roles to use it to escape as survivor and to kill more efficient.
I wish you good luck.
Have fun with this unique game.
I agree with most of what you said with a few exceptions. The lower you go the more toxic and better are the players but the experience is worth as much as the perks. If you learn what loops you can't break, or when to break off chase, manage your time, and learn to anticipate where the survivor is going so you can cutoff and intercept that experience is highly valuable and will make you more efficient. In the low ranks you don't see as much of that.
Situations you can't "win". Depends on how you define that. If you face 4swf, 4ds and two with Alex's toolbox clearing a whole area as a safe hook zone, if you kill 2 that to me is a win.
But yeah, for an asymmetrical competitive game, the 4 side doesn’t need much to overpower the 1 side, which is backwards. And yeah, friends can party up and use voice chat, which basically turns one gem Thanos into six gem Thanos.
I ranked up to fast and regretted it.
But to each his own.
Rank 9 is single digit, but is far from rank 1.
You're not terrible. Welcome to DbD. If u get a survivor like that, then that survivor is the distractor. U can try to bait out a few pallets and then just leave for another survivor.
You're not terrible. Welcome to DbD. If u get a survivor like that, then that survivor is the distractor. U can try to bait out a few pallets and then just leave for another survivor.
Oh, wow, one rank 4 and one rank 7? Why didn't you say so? It's not like people at high rank (1-5) face teams composed almost entirely of ranks 1-5 instead of one guy at high rank, one who just got out of mid rank, and two at low-mid rank.
I called you out on your bullshit "single digit" claim, and you confirmed I was right to do so. Thanks for playing.