It’s not fun

Lag is detrimental to survivors. 50% of the time the struggle phase kills you because apparently it doesn’t register the fact that I’m breaking my A button tapping it constantly and just instantly sacrifices you. Hit box on vaults needs to be fixed so get killers can’t get hits on you when you’re clearly both feet on ground on the other side and in forward motion towards another direction . It bums me out the killer doesn’t have to walk around or go through the vault just as I did. It makes lithe frustrating to get activated unless what... the killer is a mile behind me? Skill checks get blown because the dials movement is choppy sometimes. How do these problems persist?

Comments

  • I will agree about the struggle phase. If you're not smashing your struggle button the entire time or your finger slips for a mere half a second you die.

  • The common response has been latency and your internet connection.

  • Yea it kinda sucks. It’s hard to have fun when there’s so many frustrations 😭 on both sides of the game. it sucks when I insta die on 2nd stage after getting hooked once and fell into it because ppl can’t Get the rescue in time. And then to see that happen? Okay well, first of all It’s a brand new elite version 2 controller. No way is it my controller or inability to push the A button repeatedly 😂 or how the skill check dial jumps around all choppy making it impossible to do skill checks. I’m seeing my people dying out there and I’m like yoooo I can’t even do a skill check 😂 I can’t even push A? I can’t hop through a vault without going down even though the killer was a mile behind me?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    The common response has been latency and your internet connection.

    Nooo not my internet. I’m on that 120 mb/s download speed

  • Xbox not having dedicated servers have anything to do with it?

  • But no, I think killers have too much melee range as well to down me through vaults like I’ve seen practically every game. And I don’t think that’s lag. Latency affects survivors way more is my point. Wish there was something that could be done

  • The posterior hit box has to be big to accommodate Jane's thiccccky booty. 😏

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182802#Comment_1182802

    Nooo not my internet. I’m on that 120 mb/s download speed

    @SurviveByDaylight said:

    Xbox not having dedicated servers have anything to do with it?

    Prolly, and I also play on Xbox. Most around here roast the ded servers. And remember it's your wonderful connection to a killer's lobby still, with their ping of whatever quality. Xbox never having been optimized plays a part as well.

  • @SurviveByDaylight : "Hit box on vaults needs to be fixed"

    Nothing new but you have right: the hitboxes are not relevant in-game since you can't trust what you can see on your screen ! Particularily if you are wounded.

    But you know, devs said about that: hitboxes are big square-like wrapping your caracter and it is exactly the same form when your caracter is full healthy or injuried. Why that ? Because Unreal Engine don't permit devs to change this form during the game or maybe it is too much complicated to do... "good job so far" and so on...

    Add that to 'desynchronizations' due to dedicatessen servers to justify these unfair situations and the "Pop goes the Weasel" as they say...

  • Honestly, it's just a detrimental to the killers. Gen grabs are almost impossible on dedicated servers. Plus trying to hit anything with Huntress, Deathslinger, and Plague can be incredibly frustrating.

  • If you're pressing the button too fast it can kill you as well which happened to me a bunch. After I started pressing in rhythm with the onscreen prompt I noticed a major difference and it rarely happens now.

    I do think they should change it to either holding the button or have it be automatic and just push a button to let go.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    Yea it kinda sucks. It’s hard to have fun when there’s so many frustrations 😭 on both sides of the game. it sucks when I insta die on 2nd stage after getting hooked once and fell into it because ppl can’t Get the rescue in time. And then to see that happen? Okay well, first of all It’s a brand new elite version 2 controller. No way is it my controller or inability to push the A button repeatedly 😂 or how the skill check dial jumps around all choppy making it impossible to do skill checks. I’m seeing my people dying out there and I’m like yoooo I can’t even do a skill check 😂 I can’t even push A? I can’t hop through a vault without going down even though the killer was a mile behind me?

    How did you make it to 2nd hook when every single one off your post pretty much claims you get mori after the first hook and killers get it just as bad hits we think we should get but we don't the weapon would rather hit something else then the survivor but i'm guessing that's fine by you, so your one off the reasons ruin got nerfed because your not able to hit skill checks. Play killer for a while and see how it is on the other side seeing as you think killers have it sooooooo easy and you left out you normal ######### about moris in this topic.

  • Yeah, as an Xbox player I feel this. Then again, I have to fight with Aus NBN. My FAVOURITE part of all these is how I stand at the window for a full second and look like an idiot as Spirit's glass sword now occupies the space between my shoulderblades.


    I'm still going to request matchmaking fixes first, or a way to tell the rank of everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who's in the lobby, as I have literally just finished a game (at time of post) with a Rank 1 Wraith (with the meta works!) going against Ranks 8,9,9,16. This is beyond a joke now. I'm geting Brown ranks while I'm High-Green/Low-Purple, stuck here because of all the bad matchmaking and campers/tunnellers.