Block option?

This game really needs an in-game block option. Recently someone added me and I'm very uncomfortable with the conversations that have been happening and yes, I could just block their profile, but it doesn't stop being matched up in-game and I don't want to be targeted if this happens. I play this game to have fun and I'm too scared to even log on right now. I know I'm not the only person who would like this added.

Comments

  • That isn't what I'm saying. I feel like I'm being harassed and can't even play a game to escape it in fear I'm going to get put with them. Overwatch have a block feature that lets you block a few people and lasts a few weeks, something like that would be good. Everyone takes this game too seriously and forgets it's about having fun.

  • Thank you for helping. It would suck to stop playing because of one person ruining it for me :( That makes me feel a little better to play now

  • I made a thread about that very thing a few days ago

    @tippy2k2 said:

    This ends up being a two part for I don't want to play with these clowns of survivors again AND this killer was a jackoff who I also would never want to play with again.

    Two of the survivors at the very beginning suicided on first hook. That's not "reportable" because there's nothing against the rules for it but I really should have the option to say "I don't want to play with these guys ever again". I'd rather have my queue slow to a crawl than have to play with clowns like that.

    So I watched the rest of the game hoping the last survivor would make it (maybe they saw the hatch or something). Killer finds them, takes them out, then carries them to the open hatch but far enough away that the survivor has to crawl to it. Survivor crawls to it, killer shuts it. Killer walks survivor to the exit gate and drops them. Let's the survivor get half of it done before smacking her again and letting her sit there and bleed out until just before the timer goes off, when he picks her up and hooks her.

    Like...######### Off dude. Takes a real big ######### man to somehow be able to take out two survivors since two of them abandoned ship immediately. I'd like to never ever play with such a ######### asshat ever again.

    So please DBD devs, I'd really like an option in this game to never have to play with these people ever again. I reported the killer (though unless you want to count this as "taking the game hostage", he didn't break any rules so what would you punish him for?) but I don't care if he's punished or not, I just don't ever want to play with that clown again.

    I would love for there to be a block option. Some people are just asshats and they're never gonna not be asshats and I'd like to never see their asshatty face ever again.

    I suppose some would abuse it and block people who beat them all the time but then that's their problem when they can no longer find a match, not mine. I want to block people going out of their way to make the game a miserable experience, which should be an option.

  • Doesn't blocking a player on steam, psn, xbox live, etc prevent you from joining a game with them again?

  • If they cant message you..how can they harass you?

  • @Uistreel said:

    Doesn't blocking a player on steam, psn, xbox live, etc prevent you from joining a game with them again?

    no, I've had so many people blocked on PS4 when I used to play on there and was still getting matched with them.

  • @Dolls said:

    If they cant message you..how can they harass you?

    endgame chat or in game.

  • I have been sending notes to Behavior about the need for a block system for a long time. It's beyond a necessity and completely attainable.

  • I wouldn't be against this, I've been gettin paired with the same 2 set of teamers, it's clearly obvious they were with the gamer tag of the killer and the survivor plus the video proof boostin each other, and the same proof video proof with the other set, it's unfun and unsportsmanlike, I don't want to play with these boosted ppl, and I've had scenarios I'm the last survivor and they slug me until i bleed out hoverin over me, the uncalled foe toxicity ppl prouce in this game is staggerin

  • @Uistreel said:

    Doesn't blocking a player on steam, psn, xbox live, etc prevent you from joining a game with them again?

    Pretty sure blocking people like that doesn't interact with matchmaking on any platforms the game is playable on.

    I do know that on Steam you can sorta use the blocklist as an improvised "blacklist", but it's not automated. But even on private profiles you can click the "More" button next to the "Add Friend" button or whatever, and if they're blocked it'll obviously say "Unblock All Communication" instead of "Block All Communication", or something like that.

    So if someone is willing to check profiles and do that then they can. Obviously doesn't work for killers as you can't just click and open their profile.

  • This should have been added months, if not years ago. It has nothing to do with being trash and blocking the killer/survivor(s) who are too good. I've seen people argue with that point and it just doesn't make any sense.

    Secondly, if blocking A LOT of people means that you will be sitting in a lobby longer then so be it. It is a choice you made yourself.

    Thirdly, I think it would help reduce toxicity. Let's say you are put in a match with a toxic player, either that be those flashlight click spamming maniacs or killers who spent the entire duration of your hook smacking you/face camping you. Or the person was seriously toxic in the post game chat and took it way too far. All of that would be thing of the past with a click of a button. Finally, players would have to start behaving like normal people. If half the community has blacklisted you and you're waiting 5h for a lobby then you just might be the ass that nobody wants to play with.

  • So sorry this happened to you. I had to fully disable messages and friend requests on PSN because of people I have played with on DBD. The last person before I did so threatened to stalk me until I was permanently banned from PSN and Behavior. I wish people understand just how unhinged they look to everyone else when they act like that...

    As for interacting, I WISH blocked users didn't appear in my games, but those systems don't work like that. Like was said above, get whatever evidence you can, report them in game, and then contact steam/PSN/Live and Behavior.

    AND god forbid it ever happens, if you get doxxed or threatened with SWATing or anything like that, PLEASE get a hold of your local authorities.