Even otz...

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseYawningWombatEagleEye

So, this should he a twitch clip of otz ragequitting because he was robbed of 2 things.

1. Being able to stalk for about 5 seconds

2. When the stalk finally went off, the game made him stop for a second, causing him to miss

I'm not here to say that "survivors OP PlZ nErF", but when otz, a DBD player that most people look up to, rage quits and then stops his stream from the bugs and glitches, you know that enough is enough.

Please BHVR, fix the damn glitches that have been in the game for months now. On both sides.

Incase you cant see the video:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseYawningWombatEagleEye

Comments

  • Okay, so when i get bs 5 feet away dedicated hits every game, DC is the only option. But no, this is "normal". No hate towards otz he's a cool dude, but i think he dc'd because he missed the tier 3 lunge.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173378#Comment_1173378

    Nope, sorry to ruin your fun and the basis for your argument, but I've not once chastised a killer for disconnecting because of a bug. Only killer I've chastised is one who disconnected because he refused to break the pallet I dropped, trying to tier 3 blood lust me, still couldn't hit me, then raged quit by the time the fourth generator popped and started insulting me in the end-game chat that survivor is such an easy role and all I can do is run around in circles, which, if he hadn't even begun insulting me, I wouldn't have said anything anyway. It's just a game, sometimes frustrating matches for one side happen, and I just move onto the next match. I simply don't care. Why would I waste my time berating and insulting someone for such a trivial thing? It seems like a waste of time and energy. Even less so now that DC penalties exist.

    I've been screwed over by bugs that gave the killer the advantage. I don't expect the courtesy for the killer to let me go to "right the wrong" so to speak, but it's a wonderful courtesy when it happens. I've done the same courtesy back to killers, such as when I saw a killer get stuck inside a generator, that I tapped the generator, so he could kick it again, and get unstuck. Flaunting against someone who's powerless because the game is a piece of crap isn't something that I'm interested in.

    I don't care about winning or losing. I just want a fair and fun match. That's what I seek with for with this game. If the killer isn't having that and leaves, then oh well. I'll take my free 5k BP and I'll look for another match and wish the Killer better luck in the next game and suggest that they maybe take a break for now to help clear their head. It's not a big deal. A little bit of empathy can go a long way. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get told to stfu for talking. Oh well.

    I'm sorry that the concept of someone not being a hypocrite or an #########, or god forbid as someone who plays both sides, is somehow understanding and that this concept is apparently inconceivable for you, but I assure you that's just how I am.

    I don't watch Otz a lot, by the way. I wouldn't start calling him my "precious streamer" to try and make your argument feel more appealing. Again, you don't know me. Stop pretending that you do.

    It could be any streamer, big or small or someone I've never even seen before, I'd still be saying the same thing, because it's what I believe in. You entire point hinges on that just because it's Otz, I feel this way, and sorry to say, but no, I don't feel this way simply because it's Otz who's the one in the clip.

    But I have watched enough of Otz to know that some of the things you're claiming and assuming about him are simply not true or are far reaching at best.

    I can't speak for the OP, or why he named the thread what he did. I do know that I can speak and think for myself though, and that's what I'm doing. What the OP or other people think and say, has nothing to do with what I think or say. Just because my opinion aligns with the bunch, does not mean that my opinion is not my own.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173405#Comment_1173405

    You can't claim something, without evidence, put the burden of proof on someone else, and say that because they're unwilling to do this random task you assigned to them to counter your claim of which again, you yourself have no evidence of, that you're right and they're wrong.

    At most, it just becomes your word against theirs. Which proves nothing.

    I have made an assumption based on him disconnecting when something went against him that he would not do the same had it favoured him. I have also had some of his fans responding to me on this very thread saying he has disconnected on stream 1 time, which is the time the video that has been shared has shown.


    If his fans are saying he has disconnected one time and I have that on a video, then I can use that to state he has taken advantage of bugs that favoured him and been happy to carry on the game.


    As a killer in the past I had had people get stuck, I have been able to pick them up after downing and let them wiggle out to get them unstuck. It doesn't bother me whether I win or lose. I know the state of the game when I go in to it I am just there to play. I'm not going to have a tantrum because I miss a hit or rage quit the game because someone did my hex within 30 seconds of a round starting, or someone used head on on me when they were a co-ordinated SWF, or if I fast vault a window and take 5 steps away from the window but suddenly I'm on the floor.


    We all go in to this game knowing there are issues on both sides, having a tantrum isn't going to change it. It isn't going to make the devs say "oh my god Otz disconnected!!!!! Prioritise everything that has had an effect on him emotionally and fix it, we can't have Otz crying"


    Just take it for what it is and move on.

  • @MPUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173463#Comment_1173463

    I have made an assumption based on him disconnecting when something went against him that he would not do the same had it favoured him. I have also had some of his fans responding to me on this very thread saying he has disconnected on stream 1 time, which is the time the video that has been shared has shown.

    If his fans are saying he has disconnected one time and I have that on a video, then I can use that to state he has taken advantage of bugs that favoured him and been happy to carry on the game.

    As a killer in the past I had had people get stuck, I have been able to pick them up after downing and let them wiggle out to get them unstuck. It doesn't bother me whether I win or lose. I know the state of the game when I go in to it I am just there to play. I'm not going to have a tantrum because I miss a hit or rage quit the game because someone did my hex within 30 seconds of a round starting, or someone used head on on me when they were a co-ordinated SWF, or if I fast vault a window and take 5 steps away from the window but suddenly I'm on the floor.

    We all go in to this game knowing there are issues on both sides, having a tantrum isn't going to change it. It isn't going to make the devs say "oh my god Otz disconnected!!!!! Prioritise everything that has had an effect on him emotionally and fix it, we can't have Otz crying"

    Just take it for what it is and move on.

    If his fans are saying he has disconnected one time and I have that on a video, then I can use that to state he has taken advantage of bugs that favoured him and been happy to carry on the game.

    No you can't. You can only use that to say that he has disconnected on stream/video.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173120#Comment_1173120

    The game is broken filled with bugs and it's like what you saw in the video it can make the game miserable and broken, at least survivors can kill themselves on the hook, but killers have to spend the entire ******* match playing until the survivors are done with their fun, let me ask you how fun is a game where you literally can't blink because the devs can't fix their game? It doesn't help the survivors waste the entire game with one gen left farming me for blood-points until they get bored and finally leave.

    Why can't I get a surrender button like survivors when a bug occurs that causes them to not play the game normally? Like just yesterday I played a survivor match where my hud wasn't there and the opening map name was glitched indefinitely, but I could just find the killer and off myself on the hook, because I couldn't see skillchecks or get trap indications.

    Do you not think that based on that 20 second clip it is VERY dramatic for him to disconnect? He was not able to stalk for a few seconds and then he could stalk, he missed a hit and that was enough for him to say these survivors don't get to play this game because I didn't get the hit I wanted. The missed hit is what triggered him to disconnect.


    That is a lot different to having a game where you can't blink at all or where you can't see skillchecks. I have never had the blinking issue but I have had invisible skillchecks and I just carried on playing anyway. Is it really worth having a meltdown over? I actually found it quite funny, especially if I managed to hit the skillcheck.


    I guess your surrender button is opening the gates the moment those gens get done(which according to most killers on these forums is around 3 minutes after the game starts) starting the EGC timer and then they're gone.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173481#Comment_1173481

    If his fans are saying he has disconnected one time and I have that on a video, then I can use that to state he has taken advantage of bugs that favoured him and been happy to carry on the game.

    No you can't. You can only use that to say that he has disconnected on stream/video.

    Give it up, you have been the most boring Otz defender I have encountered on this thread so far. We have him disconnecting when something went against him and based on that I am also going to assume he disconnects a lot more often because it was such a small thing to cause a disconnect. Maybe it is his only one on stream, I don't really believe it will be, but I am very certain if he is playing off stream he has disconnected many times.


    I'm not responding to any more of your responses as they are pointless and just covering the same ground which basically revolves around Otz being the best player ever who we can use to champion fixes because if EVEN he is disconnecting then it must be serious. Which is a load of crap.

  • @MPUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173485#Comment_1173485

    Give it up, you have been the most boring Otz defender I have encountered on this thread so far. We have him disconnecting when something went against him and based on that I am also going to assume he disconnects a lot more often because it was such a small thing to cause a disconnect. Maybe it is his only one on stream, I don't really believe it will be, but I am very certain if he is playing off stream he has disconnected many times.

    I'm not responding to any more of your responses as they are pointless and just covering the same ground which basically revolves around Otz being the best player ever who we can use to champion fixes because if EVEN he is disconnecting then it must be serious. Which is a load of crap.

    Again, why are you assuming I am defending Otz? I have not once said that what he did was okay. You've just been guessing this whole time.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173495#Comment_1173495

    Again, why are you assuming I am defending Otz? I have not once said that what he did was okay. You've just been guessing this whole time.

    It's extremely obvious this guy hates Otz.

    He's going all out on the salt.

  • @WTBacon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173500#Comment_1173500

    It's extremely obvious this guy hates Otz.

    He's going all out on the salt.

    I think the best way to describe the individual's reaction is "projection."

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173495#Comment_1173495

    I have to say you are the most boring person on this thread so far, the entitlement that seethes from your comments is a surefire sign that you don't care about what other people say as your always going to come up with some kind of statement that fits into your agenda, well if you don't want to have any reasonable conversation then stop posting in threads. As most of your responses are pointless or covering the same ground which basically revolves around hating on Otz even through clearly he's better than you. ;)

    I don't hate Otz at all. I couldn't give a flying ######### about Otz. I'm just sick of people pasting in a video of a streamer disconnecting or losing a game because they didn't protect their gens well enough and everyone falling over themselves to praise the streamer as if they're the second ######### coming and as if that proves there are problems in the game. A streamer is just the same as everyone else who plays the game. A person playing a game.


    I don't watch Otz, in fact I don't watch any streamer. I've had a look at Tru3 when people kept harping on about him. Didn't find him engaging in the slightest. Otz I have seen this 20 second clip where he had a tantrum and maybe one or two other clips on here that people have posted but for the life of me I couldn't tell you what they were regarding as I wasnt particularly interested. EntityLeftHand can't understand about 95% of what he is saying as the voice has been distorted so much. I have even played against him a few times. He was a decent and fair killer, I'll give him that. I haven't seen videos of him moaning about every aspect of the game so that is a huge bonus and no videos of him disconnecting for missing a hit either.


    I would have said the behaviour in that game was childish no matter who it was. It is you and other Otz defenders who are saying I just hate Otz but I actually hate the behaviours that are being displayed in the video not the person who is displaying the behaviour. That didn't go my way so I quit. ######### everyone else, I decide if the game goes ahead or not.


    Sorry to disappoint you guys that I don't actually have any vendetta against your idol. I just don't like how childish a lot of players on this game are.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173481#Comment_1173481

    No, you can't say that as a fact, because you don't have the evidence to prove that is a fact. It is an assumption and nothing more. You cannot state anything without proving it first.

    That's like saying that because someone has a game ban on their Steam account, that they -- because of that one ban, that they must cheat in every other game they play as well.

    I can't state that as a fact to get them banned from those other games that they play. I cannot use their one instance of being punished for cheating, to get them banned for cheating in those other games. One instance of cheating doesn't mean they cheated everywhere else. Such a claim requires evidence. Something I wouldn't have, couldn't prove without actual evidence and proof, and neither should you until you go get some.

    I didn't say anything about it being a fact. I made an assumption as I stated in my post. I'm not in a court of law right now and I get to make any assumptions I like. Just like you people assuming I don't like Otz because I think he acted like a spoilt child when in fact I just don't like people acting like a spoilt child.


    It's a ######### game. Start understanding that.

  • @MPUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173385#Comment_1173385

    He briefly could not stalk. Then he could stalk and he tiered up to 3. It was his missed swing in tier 3 that made him quit. Nothing else. If the stalking had been an issue for those 3 seconds when he couldn't stalk he would have disconnected then, it is when he misses the hit that he decides he has had enough so the game is over for everyone.

    Thanks for queuing survivors but I'm having a tantrum now so your game is over.

    Those 3 seconds were enough to allow the survivor to even make it to the pallet. The slowdown from stalking still effects him even though the meter isnt progressing.

  • Ya just can't have dbd without the bugs and issues ^.^

    And oof, seeing otz do that is rough, even that early in the match? Clearly just wasn't having a good time.


    Dunno what point is being made tho, devs are working to do all they can.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173403#Comment_1173403

    Those 3 seconds were enough to allow the survivor to even make it to the pallet. The slowdown from stalking still effects him even though the meter isnt progressing.

    She didn't make it to the pallet. She only got to the pallet because he missed. Nothing would have changed, if he missed earlier or not she made it to that pallet after the miss. Had he landed the hit, she would not have made it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173536#Comment_1173536

    Just because I use the word "evidence" doesn't mean I'm making this a court of law. Don't strawman.

    You made a claim, told someone to prove you wrong, they didn't feel like it because... why would they, and then you went about stating how you must be right because they didn't feel like wasting their time to appease you.

    You did the very same thing to me, in that you made a claim that I must obviously berrate killers who disconnect because of my opinion of this situation, again with no evidence, and also again assuming that I'm an avid watcher of Otz, when I'm not. You're just throwing wild assumptions out, whether they actually stick or not, and making assumptions that what you say must be true.

    Yes, you can go ahead and make all the assumptions you want, but if you're going to throw out assumptions and make claims on them like they're fact when you hold no water to them to actually being true, then you just end up looking silly and like a fool, and I'd argue that doing so is childish behavior in itself.

    Yes, it's a game. I understand that and I think you do too. The difference between us is that we have different responses and viewpoints to "it's just a game".

    The word evidence didn't come in to my comment regarding a court of law. That came in because I am free to make as many assumptions as I like as I am not in court. I don't have to prove anything. I am free to look at a situation and make any assumption I want because this is an internet forum, not a courthouse. I made an assumption as I am well within my right to do and then all of you came crawling out to defend Otz because he missed a hit and had a tantrum.


    Tag turned up to say I have to prove my assumption that he doesn't disconnect when a bug favours him. I said no, you find proof that he does disconnect when a bug favours him and then you can challenge my assumption. To which he responded no. So because his side of the discussion favoured the angle you wanted which is that Otz is fine to act like a child when a bug goes against him you decided I had to prove my assumption as fact. Which I don't have to do at all. I'm happy with my assumption that he is happy to capitalise on a bug that works in his favour but acts like a spoilt child when things go against him, the latter has video proof at the start of this thread.


    Have a good evening.

  • The dedicated servers have 100% made this game worse. Is anybody excited for new content at this point when it just breaks the game in new creative ways? Personally, I'm waiting for a new game to come along in this category. The bugs are too much. I feel like I can't vault a window if the killer is on the same map as me, because it'll connect from wherever they lunge from. At least let us compensate for the busted servers by showing killer ping in the lobby. It's not just that the game is still in beta 4 years later, it's that they're 6-8 months behind in terms of urgency regarding bug fixes.

  • @MPUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173534#Comment_1173534

    I didn't say anything about it being a fact. I made an assumption as I stated in my post. I'm not in a court of law right now and I get to make any assumptions I like. Just like you people assuming I don't like Otz because I think he acted like a spoilt child when in fact I just don't like people acting like a spoilt child.

    It's a ######### game. Start understanding that.

    Your assumptions have no weight and mean nothing unless you can back them up.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172992#Comment_1172992

    No, at that point, they're saying, "this game is frustrating by nature. Its 1v4 and not perfectly balanced. If you cant handle that, play something else INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING AND BERATING US OVER WHAT THE GAME IS."

    I play something else. Try reading next time.

  • Alright, I took about 30 minutes and read through most of the comments. I saw a lot from @MPUK defending themselves. I guess I should do some explaining myself, since I saw a good amount of stuff about "what OP was thinking"

    Yes. I do like otz as a youtuber.

    Yes. I was using otz as a basis of the argument. I've seen him as a youtuber who tries to make the best of things, and I let my emotions of him get the better of me in the argument. To that, I am sorry about that. I shouldn't be just using as part of the main basis.

    Do I encourage this behavior in this scenario: not really. I dont think otz should have DC'd in terms of the gaming experience. In terms of how he felt after that, he knew that his stream would be miserable, and I respect him for ending it early.


    now, for all of @MPUK claims I saw that i should answered.

    As someone has mentioned earlier, otz was mentioned as someone who if they quit, then there is an issue. About the same as if, for example, a surgeon were to say "oh shiz" during a surgery. He is obviously not as important as a surgeon, but for the dnd community, I feel like, to me, he has earned that kind of feeling. Hence why I titled this subject "even otz...".

    I don't believe he quit just because of the missed hit. I agree with the others who said it was the icing on the cake. I believe that he has had enough of the bugs himself. If it was just because of the bugs then, I think he should have finished the match and then been done.

    But let's just throw otz out of the argument. The fact that there are glitches for MONTHS that still havent been fixed are ridiculous. Not to mention that other glitches have been in the game for over a year (I believe nurse's blink glitch is over a year old as an example. If not, It has been in for almost a year) and still dont get fixed. Meanwhile, fixing a glitch that is survivor sided gets hotfixed in a week or 2 at most (both good and bad glitches).

    It was wrong for me to try to use otz as clickbait. The point is that there are LOTS of bugs in this game, and almost no bugs get fixed. I dont want this to turn into a war of "survivors vs killers" or anything.

    In general, I just want them to fix these bugs. Some literally break the game. I had the bug that made a survivor get stuck on the hook, forcing either me or the 2 survivors left to DC. I DCd because I thought it would be better to let just me lose out than for 2 people to lose out. In the same game, I had a glitch that prevented me from picking up blood orbs as oni, very similar to how nurse cant blink.

    Also, I know @MPUK said something about how they are sick of seeing clips constantly. The reason why, I believe, is because people started asking for evidence. Now people are using clips as said evidence.

    P.S. I know I only call out MPUK for this post, but since they were the most prevalent in the posts, I only really remembered their name. Not trying to call them out.

  • @MPUK

    He didn't rage quit because of one bug, he rage quitted because the sum of bug he encounters and sheer frustration out of it. Check when I reported his stalk being broken, somewhen last year. Yet nothing gets fixed. Otz plays this game for lots of times and he rage quits once, he is only human. Also please understand that lots of bugs in this game will keep the match running until either the killer or the affected survivor decides to dc.

    So he dced once, he got his punishment, no need to make a fuzz out of it. Maybe time to switch the focus to the devs who maybe should get their ######### together and fix the game.

  • The game screwed him over one time and he disconnected because he could end up with less than 4 kills😮 due to that bug

  • @MPUK said:

    Sorry but why is him rage quitting more acceptable than someone else? So what if he is a streamer. Those survivors have queued up for however long and he has had a tantrum because a hit didn't land????

    It just makes me feel embarrassed for him. I missed a hit, that's not fair. I'm leaving.

    Really childish behaviour.

    I am sure everyone who fawns all over him will come to his defence here but how can you defend that behaviour? If he wasn't a streamer or if he was a small time streamer you would all be laughing and calling the killer pathetic for disconnecting.

    Because he’s highly regarded not only as one of the chillest streamers but one of the best overall killers in terms of skill and entertainment. (Overall meaning all killers together)

1 2 ›