I’m done feeling bad or like a “bad killer,” for NOED

Sure, call me a bad baby killer noob who can’t apply pressure if you want but NOED is standard now on most killers.

Multiple games as Wraith last night where I found someone almost instantly, surprise hit and quick second hit. Repeat for each survivor and still 5 gens pop with no one dead.

The math just isn’t in your favor to actually 3-hook people before gens pop. And no I don’t want an ez 4K but I very clearly dominate and outclass the survivors I should at least get 2-3

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Dead_by_David17 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171617#Comment_1171617

    Why should survivors feel bad for using DS if killers don't have to feel bad for using NOED?

    That was my point, killers SHOULDN'T feel bad about using NoED.

  • @Blister987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172466#Comment_1172466

    Interesting point, but every time there's a bad survivor i'm not suprised to see that he has Urban Evasion, Spine Chill and Self Care, i consider those perks the NOED equivalent in a survivor, and of course they're as trash as the killers that use NOED.

    Or maybe the point is no one is trash but the elitist pieces of ######### who try and make others feel bad for using certain perks and builds in the first place, because they feel entitled to a win?


    Seriously, this entitled, toxic community viewpoint is one of the reasons the community is not very helpful for newcomers and most the time it's just asinine for veterans.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172478#Comment_1172478

    Or maybe the point is no one is trash but the elitist pieces of ######### who try and make others feel bad for using certain perks and builds in the first place, because they feel entitled to a win?

    Seriously, this entitled, toxic community viewpoint is one of the reasons the community is not very helpful for newcomers and most the time it's just asinine for veterans.

    Another NOED user, i see. How are you enjoying getting the only hook of the match after all the generator are done?

  • @Blister987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172923#Comment_1172923

    Another NOED user, i see. How are you enjoying getting the only hook of the match after all the generator are done?

    Quite an assumption, I’ve had games where I 4K everyone before the gens are even done and you know what their comment is “ah a NOED baby killer I see.” How does that make sense it never activated I literally beat you with 3 perks... but never let logic dictate your argument

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173054#Comment_1173054

    Quite an assumption, I’ve had games where I 4K everyone before the gens are even done and you know what their comment is “ah a NOED baby killer I see.” How does that make sense it never activated I literally beat you with 3 perks... but never let logic dictate your argument

    You can win games without using NOED? You should have told me, i'm going to unequip it now, thanks.

  • Ok you're a wraith that probably facecamps and tunnels and also uses noed. I know enough.


    Of course you should feel bad cause you're making it boring for 4 other people and I don't see how you can have fun yourself when you play exactly like every other wraith main.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    My question is - why did you ever feel bad for using something that the game offers?

    It's a game use what you can and play how you wish.

    Say it to all the old Legion mains

  • You should never have felt bad for using NOED anyway.

  • @Blister987 said:

    Have you ever seen a killer so bad that you thought that he has NOED 100%? Now compare it with the times that you saw a good killer and thought that he has NOED. Yeah, the second case is inexistent because they don't have it .

    In my experience, killers that already dominate use it as insurance for a 4k. Usually a Billy or Myers despite being incredibly redundant.

  • NOED is a cheap way to get hooks/kills. It's a shortcut for bad killers. You go into the match knowing that you're going to loose. The most pathetic feeling. No respect for noed users.

  • There is a bit of a difference.

    NOED is a perk which is working as designed.

    Old Legion had mechanics which players found a way to use in an unintended way. Unfortunately it was the players themselves who abused it who are to blame really.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173497#Comment_1173497

    There is a bit of a difference.

    NOED is a perk which is working as designed.

    Old Legion had mechanics which players found a way to use in an unintended way. Unfortunately it was the players themselves who abused it who are to blame really.

    Legions issues could be fixed without touching the base mechanic of the power, the nerf was just because the devs are to lazy to rework legion for the average player.

  • @Blister987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172466#Comment_1172466

    Interesting point, but every time there's a bad survivor i'm not suprised to see that he has Urban Evasion, Spine Chill and Self Care, i consider those perks the NOED equivalent in a survivor, and of course they're as trash as the killers that use NOED.

    HEY I think every perk has a use and I for one use Spine Chill not because I am bad but because it is a good counter to Stealth people like Myers who scares the living piss out of me. What is wrong with Urban Evasion? I am not saying your opinion is wrong but how in the heck is Urban Evasion close to NOED?

    I would consider Adrenaline and DS more of a survivor based equivalent of NOED. The last minute oops I made a mistake now is my chance perks.

    Urban Evasion is a good way to move around while trying not to be seen and Spine Chill is a nice way to alert you of the killers presence. I mean unless you are saying the survivors that use them are trash because they should be able to loop the killer and not hide. I mean if that is the case then if you can loop the killer to the point of not wanting to chase you your skill level to the killers is way off and the game is to easy already.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172478#Comment_1172478

    Or maybe the point is no one is trash but the elitist pieces of ######### who try and make others feel bad for using certain perks and builds in the first place, because they feel entitled to a win?

    Seriously, this entitled, toxic community viewpoint is one of the reasons the community is not very helpful for newcomers and most the time it's just asinine for veterans.

    I agree with your comment and kind of the reason I am trying to avoid these forums. It is very full of know it all's and people who use their opinions as fact. If you use this perk you must be trash. I mean every perk has a use. This guy saying Spine Chill is the same as NOED. I mean how? Spine Chill is a perk used to counter Stealth Killers and just because someone uses it does not mean they are trash but maybe they like the perk. Urban Evasion is also a nice perk to be able to get around without being seen. I personally stopped using Self Care because it did eat time but I understand its use. I say use whatever makes you happy. =)

    MY BEST ADVICE TO PEOPLE WHO ARE EASILY HURT. AVOID THESE FORUMS AND IF NOT THEN DON'T TAKE WHAT YOU READ ON HERE TO HEART

  • I've played mostly Surv, I play Killa when queue is empty in the evenings. I and enjoy playing killa (Billy and Plague) and 

    I am confident most killers don't need NOED for 20 - 8 ranks on on-shot killers. (Yes, Plague is one-shot when everyone is infected and you don't get corrupt near the gates) . 

    With NOED you have a higher chance to win, but It won't make you a better killer. So yes, NOED is for bad killers IMHO (with exceptions). 

    Because you did nothing as a killer entire match and won the end game cuz people did not cleanse totems or being too altruistic. 


    There are some exceptions. 

    NOED is fine for Nurse, since it requires more skill to play this killer

    Clown needs NOED, cuz he is not the strongest killer in general

    Demo needs NOED -- same reason as Nurse or Clown

    Trapper kinda needs NOED... Trappers, just leave your favorite basement for a moment


    Any other killer don't need NOED. They have everything for map pleasure during the match.


    Red ranks -- different story, I think you could use whatever u want with no complains. But, I have never been there.

1 2 ›