What is this icon?
Tagged:
Mod
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Probably bug.
I saw it on some streams and videos too, but no one told me what it is
Ping indicator! It got added in the latest patch
I believe it's a latency icon...
Overwatch has smth similar.
Clock of Doom.
I see it only when me or the others are experiencing lag. Happens a lot, and I mean a lot on Ps4. I see it red even and it just makes me cringe. My internet is fine. It only ever hiccups at random points in time. It doesn't ever lag. I have no issues on other games except for the internet crash I'll get from time to time.
But in all rantlessness, it indicates your ping. When it pops up, you're match is experiencing slight lag. When it turns red, you're stuttring/losing connection/the ping is really really high.
It's in the patch notes, this is the ping indicator that's shown in game, if something happens with the ping.
What means "something"? Going worse? Package loss?
Btw is there any full description available on all status icons/hud? For example when you succeed your first skill check on a gen, there is some icon with 2 arrows/triangles showing up, but I think this is not doing or meaning anything. Can't remember if I ever saw that explained on any wiki.
Check the ingame tutorial section, those symbols are shown there.
all i know is that it appears at the beginning of a match and then disappears. turns red when my frames drop.