Yeah I'd want one for survivors but for everyone to have the same dance emote would be kinda lame and weird.
If they do, they should allow us to pick one out of 10 dance emotes to use in-game.
They should also have more expressive emotes like clap, cheer, laugh, yawn, angry, cry, spooky, magic card trick, I got your nose, don't forget the typical fortnite dance kinda emote, salute, sprinkle some salt, casually pull out a sandwich and start eating it.
It does nothing for the game strategically or atmospherically, and as you yourself acknowledge, would only promote toxic behaviour. "Game communities are toxic anyway" isn't a good reason to intentionally steer them down that path.
No. Absolutely not. Under no circumstances. By no means. Nope. Not on your life. No way. In no manner. Not for a moment. Not once. Not ever. Never.
Like it or not at the end of the day DBD is a horror game. Even if it isn't "scary" by your own personal metric (most likely for those of us who have played for hundreds of hours) it doesn't change the fact that this is the genre the game belongs to. Especially and most definitely to new players, and I would absolute hate to see the experience and atmosphere that I have been able to enjoy since 2016 absolutely ruined for newcomers because some idiot Claudette with only 200 hours wants to be able to ######### floss behind a pallet in front of the killer.
Not to mention unlike dance emotes, the "point" and "come" emotes serve an actual practical purpose outside of booping the snoots of Pig mains everywhere. Survivors literally cannot talk to each other outside of deciphering morse-code-like communications via crouching, and it gives solo players the tools to communicate the most basic of actions with each other.
DBD IS NOT FORTNITE. The two games cater to entirely different audiences, one of which is an absolute stain on the gaming community and tarnishes the reputation of most everyone who plays video games, and the other is not, simple as that.
Side note, creating "dances" essentially means creating new animations with the current rigs. At that point, you might as well give the community something they were actually asking for: alternative moris for killers. Seriously ######### is this suggestion it's absolutely laughable
I won't even bother replying to the white knight above that said a dance would promote toxicity,like there inst enough already with teabags,OoO clicky clicky flashlights,moris,keys,m1 hooked person,head banging on hook,sabo hooks and what not.Relax.
I won't even bother replying to the white knight above that said a dance would promote toxicity,like there inst enough already with teabags,OoO clicky clicky flashlights,moris,keys,m1 hooked person,head banging on hook,sabo hooks and what not.Relax.
It is a horror game,but it is a game.
Hey, that's the point of the forums and specifically the polls section. If someone is suggesting a ######### idea I'm gonna call that ######### out just like everybody else so that the devs and mods see that it's absolutely clear this is not something we are interested in seeing.
On the other hand, if I see a good idea I will make absolutely certain to voice my support for it just like everybody else, and I will do my best to repeat the idea as often as I can so I can spread it around as much as possible so the devs know that this is something we are interested in seeing.
Them's the works. It's how the dev team assesses the community's standing on certain topics, regardless if it's harsh or not.
It was a ######### idea. And the overwhelmingly negative response (over 80% said no as of the time I write this) proves that. Nobody here is a white knight we're just calling it out as we see it. And what we're seeing, is garbage.
Lmaoo absolutely yes. Too many sensitive killer mains and it would bring in younger people which results in more players. Behavior, I want a dance move where I spin into a split and bang my balls on the floor in front of the killer! This is not a horror game anymore, just stop it. This mess is as competitive as CoD..
Hey, that's the point of the forums and specifically the polls section. If someone is suggesting a ######### idea I'm gonna call that ######### out just like everybody else so that the devs and mods see that it's absolutely clear this is not something we are interested in seeing.
On the other hand, if I see a good idea I will make absolutely certain to voice my support for it just like everybody else, and I will do my best to repeat the idea as often as I can so I can spread it around as much as possible so the devs know that this is something we are interested in seeing.
Them's the works. It's how the dev team assesses the community's standing on certain topics, regardless if it's harsh or not.
It was a ######### idea. And the overwhelmingly negative response (over 80% said no as of the time I write this) proves that. Nobody here is a white knight we're just calling it out as we see it. And what we're seeing, is garbage.
Look dude i just made a poll with a subject that came at that very moment on my mind.I never said it's a fantastic idea,and i have to say i was a bit exagerated when i said in my OP that "i'd love" to have dance emote.Frankly i couldn't care less if they added it tomorrow or never.I was just wondering what opinion people had on the matter and that's it.
I think Survivors should each have a unique 3rd emote. (FINGERGUNS for Ace BHVR) I don't think we should we just be giving people various dances as emotes.
Friday the 13th had them and it was fun; but this is Dead by Daylight. Meg doesn't need to be able to bust a move every time she stuns the Killer.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah I'd want one for survivors but for everyone to have the same dance emote would be kinda lame and weird.
If they do, they should allow us to pick one out of 10 dance emotes to use in-game.
They should also have more expressive emotes like clap, cheer, laugh, yawn, angry, cry, spooky, magic card trick, I got your nose, don't forget the typical fortnite dance kinda emote, salute, sprinkle some salt, casually pull out a sandwich and start eating it.
No thanks.
Toxicity and it would promote the game to younger audiences which is the last thing this game needs right now.
It does nothing for the game strategically or atmospherically, and as you yourself acknowledge, would only promote toxic behaviour. "Game communities are toxic anyway" isn't a good reason to intentionally steer them down that path.
It's not Paladins or Overwatch to have some funny emotes, even if DbD is pure clownfiesta.
No. Absolutely not. Under no circumstances. By no means. Nope. Not on your life. No way. In no manner. Not for a moment. Not once. Not ever. Never.
Like it or not at the end of the day DBD is a horror game. Even if it isn't "scary" by your own personal metric (most likely for those of us who have played for hundreds of hours) it doesn't change the fact that this is the genre the game belongs to. Especially and most definitely to new players, and I would absolute hate to see the experience and atmosphere that I have been able to enjoy since 2016 absolutely ruined for newcomers because some idiot Claudette with only 200 hours wants to be able to ######### floss behind a pallet in front of the killer.
Not to mention unlike dance emotes, the "point" and "come" emotes serve an actual practical purpose outside of booping the snoots of Pig mains everywhere. Survivors literally cannot talk to each other outside of deciphering morse-code-like communications via crouching, and it gives solo players the tools to communicate the most basic of actions with each other.
DBD IS NOT FORTNITE. The two games cater to entirely different audiences, one of which is an absolute stain on the gaming community and tarnishes the reputation of most everyone who plays video games, and the other is not, simple as that.
Side note, creating "dances" essentially means creating new animations with the current rigs. At that point, you might as well give the community something they were actually asking for: alternative moris for killers. Seriously ######### is this suggestion it's absolutely laughable
You guys take it too seriously i think,relax :P
I won't even bother replying to the white knight above that said a dance would promote toxicity,like there inst enough already with teabags,OoO clicky clicky flashlights,moris,keys,m1 hooked person,head banging on hook,sabo hooks and what not.Relax.
It is a horror game,but it is a game.
Hey, that's the point of the forums and specifically the polls section. If someone is suggesting a ######### idea I'm gonna call that ######### out just like everybody else so that the devs and mods see that it's absolutely clear this is not something we are interested in seeing.
On the other hand, if I see a good idea I will make absolutely certain to voice my support for it just like everybody else, and I will do my best to repeat the idea as often as I can so I can spread it around as much as possible so the devs know that this is something we are interested in seeing.
Them's the works. It's how the dev team assesses the community's standing on certain topics, regardless if it's harsh or not.
It was a ######### idea. And the overwhelmingly negative response (over 80% said no as of the time I write this) proves that. Nobody here is a white knight we're just calling it out as we see it. And what we're seeing, is garbage.
Lmaoo absolutely yes. Too many sensitive killer mains and it would bring in younger people which results in more players. Behavior, I want a dance move where I spin into a split and bang my balls on the floor in front of the killer! This is not a horror game anymore, just stop it. This mess is as competitive as CoD..
This isn't Fortnite.
Huge pass for the game. Would rather more emotes with actual utility, like a wait/stop, hide, etc.
No, just no this is not fortnite. Killers are already peeved off with tea bagging, can you image a dance emote??
Imagine those claudettes in the exit gate, o my god....
Sure why not
Look dude i just made a poll with a subject that came at that very moment on my mind.I never said it's a fantastic idea,and i have to say i was a bit exagerated when i said in my OP that "i'd love" to have dance emote.Frankly i couldn't care less if they added it tomorrow or never.I was just wondering what opinion people had on the matter and that's it.
I think Survivors should each have a unique 3rd emote. (FINGERGUNS for Ace BHVR) I don't think we should we just be giving people various dances as emotes.
Friday the 13th had them and it was fun; but this is Dead by Daylight. Meg doesn't need to be able to bust a move every time she stuns the Killer.
No dance emotes! Keep that bullshitfuckingretard Fortnite tropes away from my DBD!