Unpopular Opinion: SWF is a Necessity

Example: Yesterday after my friends got off Xbox I decided to give solo survivor queue a shot. We load into Gas Heaven against a Deathslinger, the match goes on normally, yada yada...

I haven’t been hooked all game, and the killer starts chasing me near an Exit Gate as the last gen pops. I actually run him around almost the whole map (down the long line of stacked cars, through the gas station, around the other line of stacked cars, around the bus) and finally get downed because of bloodlust and no pallets left.

I see the other 3 (fully healthy) survivors waiting at one of the Exit Gates and they decide to open it. I think: “Okay, NOED isn’t in play and there’s 3 people that can come get me.” But what happens? All THREE just bumble around in the exit gate until I go into struggle and finally die. No attempt to even come close to the hook.

Killers complain about SWF being too strong. I say SWF is the only way to play Survivor without going insane from witnessing the stupidity of other solo queue players.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Example: Yesterday after my friends got off Xbox I decided to give solo survivor queue a shot. We load into Gas Heaven against a Deathslinger, the match goes on normally, yada yada...

    I haven’t been hooked all game, and the killer starts chasing me near an Exit Gate as the last gen pops. I actually run him around almost the whole map (down the long line of stacked cars, through the gas station, around the other line of stacked cars, around the bus) and finally get downed because of bloodlust and no pallets left.

    I see the other 3 (fully healthy) survivors waiting at one of the Exit Gates and they decide to open it. I think: “Okay, NOED isn’t in play and there’s 3 people that can come get me.” But what happens? All THREE just bumble around in the exit gate until I go into struggle and finally die. No attempt to even come close to the hook.

    Killers complain about SWF being too strong. I say SWF is the only way to play Survivor without going insane from witnessing the stupidity of other solo queue players.

    It's not.

    You're just ranting because you had bad random teammates.

    Solo players are the way the game is supposed to be played, they're supposed to be in this kind of "purgatory" or "limbo" where they can't communicate or know what each other is doing other than seeying them do it. Using Discord breaks the game completely.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Example: Yesterday after my friends got off Xbox I decided to give solo survivor queue a shot. We load into Gas Heaven against a Deathslinger, the match goes on normally, yada yada...

    I haven’t been hooked all game, and the killer starts chasing me near an Exit Gate as the last gen pops. I actually run him around almost the whole map (down the long line of stacked cars, through the gas station, around the other line of stacked cars, around the bus) and finally get downed because of bloodlust and no pallets left.

    I see the other 3 (fully healthy) survivors waiting at one of the Exit Gates and they decide to open it. I think: “Okay, NOED isn’t in play and there’s 3 people that can come get me.” But what happens? All THREE just bumble around in the exit gate until I go into struggle and finally die. No attempt to even come close to the hook.

    Killers complain about SWF being too strong. I say SWF is the only way to play Survivor without going insane from witnessing the stupidity of other solo queue players.

    I'm doing fine all by myself as a solo queue, even if i get bad teammates

    Sure SWF is sweet, but it doesnt have to be the only way you play survivor.

    Plus I would say those 3 could have been themselves on comm and decided to leave you behind just to troll you, so what ? Is it the fault of SWF now ?

  • I play only Solo queue and while I do get some potatoes/trolls, I usually escape 50%+ of the time anyway.

    I feel like having a SWF on Discord tips the scale too much. Part of the fun to me is the unpredictability of teammates and enemies. But that's just my opinion.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/138607/unpopular-opinion-swf-is-a-necessity

    It's not.

    You're just ranting because you had bad random teammates.

    Solo players are the way the game is supposed to be played, they're supposed to be in this kind of "purgatory" or "limbo" where they can't communicate or know what each other is doing other than seeying them do it. Using Discord breaks the game completely.

    Those teammates weren't that bad. They managed to complete all 5 gens and escape for the price of only one teammate. It's pretty good score for solo survivors!

  • @inferjus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167833#Comment_1167833

    Those teammates weren't that bad. They managed to complete all 5 gens and escape for the price of only one teammate. It's pretty good score for solo survivors!

    Yeah, they were not bad, they were selfish and cowards. This is why I run BT, I NEVER leave until the last guy leaves. I rather die than be a coward at the exit gates. It's a game after all, the best plays I've done were when the exit gates are opened.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167861#Comment_1167861

    Yeah, they were not bad, they were selfish and cowards. This is why I run BT, I NEVER leave until the last guy leaves. I rather die than be a coward at the exit gates. It's a game after all, the best plays I've done were when the exit gates are opened.

    It's better to be a live coward than dead hero... At least people tend to say that.

  • @inferjus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167833#Comment_1167833

    Those teammates weren't that bad. They managed to complete all 5 gens and escape for the price of only one teammate. It's pretty good score for solo survivors!

    What’s the reasoning for leaving someone to die on hook when the other 3 are healthy and the killer has no way to instadown.

    For the people saying “you had one bad match”. NO - This happens a lot. You’ll go out of your way to save randoms, but they will not do the same for you.

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    SWF is necessary, but not for that reason and that doesnt mean it should not be balanced either.

    For what reason would it be necessary then?

    And yes, a strong SWF can clearly put a killer at a massive disadvantage. I wouldn’t be opposed to some kind of balancing around that.

    But solo queue is littered with potato/selfish survivors who will leave you to die despite you playing great all game (unhooks, working on gens, taking some aggro). That’s why SWF is necessary to ME. It’s frustrating playing with those kinds of people (almost unplayable, even).

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167921#Comment_1167921

    The reason SWF NEEDS to exist is because it draws a larger audience that want to play with their friends. The fact there is absolutely no downside and a TON of unintended benefits is a mistake BHVR refuses to acknowledge.

    To the point where they deleted dev stream #6 because they actually admitted that voice communication would be a nightmare to balance.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Example: Yesterday after my friends got off Xbox I decided to give solo survivor queue a shot. We load into Gas Heaven against a Deathslinger, the match goes on normally, yada yada...

    I haven’t been hooked all game, and the killer starts chasing me near an Exit Gate as the last gen pops. I actually run him around almost the whole map (down the long line of stacked cars, through the gas station, around the other line of stacked cars, around the bus) and finally get downed because of bloodlust and no pallets left.

    I see the other 3 (fully healthy) survivors waiting at one of the Exit Gates and they decide to open it. I think: “Okay, NOED isn’t in play and there’s 3 people that can come get me.” But what happens? All THREE just bumble around in the exit gate until I go into struggle and finally die. No attempt to even come close to the hook.

    Killers complain about SWF being too strong. I say SWF is the only way to play Survivor without going insane from witnessing the stupidity of other solo queue players.

    This is pointless ranting lol.

    I did 3 games solo today, won all 3. I had really great teammates.

    I win 90% of the time when going in solo, but lose 95% of the times when playing with my mates.

    Truly an interesting thing.

    People should try!

  • SWF is not going anywhere, ever. They would lose way too many players and money if they did.

  • With 50% of the Survivors being SWF players, yeah, it'd die otherwise.

  • By "swf" they should just allow you to use a microphone and your voice be heard by all other survivors.

    Almost every other multiplayer game has this feature. The fact that it isn't social and the only way to hear other survivors voices is to invite them to a party is kinda lame.

    They can hear you scream.. Why cant they hear you talk? That excuse that "survivors are in a different realm they shouldnt be able to-" seems like a cop-out for killer mains.

  • Make it more difficult for survivors to rank up. That way, in higher ranks, you get better material, not just SWF and boosted solos.

    From your post, OP, you point out that three live, one died. While it sucks that one died, how is that a loss? You must have had at least 25k bp, and even a pip or two. Sounds like a win to me.

  • I mean, Is SWF really necessary when the only reason you died is because NOED?


    It sounds like your solo group did well enough to complete all the gens and open a gate + 3 escape.


    but I do agree that the emblem system doesn't do much to pair people of like skill together and that may make it feel like SWF is the only way to play.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Make it more difficult for survivors to rank up. That way, in higher ranks, you get better material, not just SWF and boosted solos.

    From your post, OP, you point out that three live, one died. While it sucks that one died, how is that a loss? You must have had at least 25k bp, and even a pip or two. Sounds like a win to me.

    The point isn’t that 3 lived and 1 died after a hard fought match. It’s that no one even attempted a rescue when they were all healthy and the killer had no instadown.

    @WeenieDog said:

    I mean, Is SWF really necessary when the only reason you died is because NOED?

    It sounds like your solo group did well enough to complete all the gens and open a gate + 3 escape.

    but I do agree that the emblem system doesn't do much to pair people of like skill together and that may make it feel like SWF is the only way to play.

    He did NOT have NOED. That’s what makes it frustrating. I have a pretty good escape rate with SWF, but it seems that when I play solo it’s almost a different game entirely. I’m still trying to go out of my way to help randoms, but it’s not reciprocated like when I play with friends.