What Do You Consider A Win As Killer?

A lot of people have different views when it comes to "winning" a game of DbD as killer. From simply pipping, to getting 4 stacks of BBQ, many people have their own perspective on what counts as a win. Personally, I feel like 3-4 kills is a win, 2 kills is a tie, and 1-0 kills is a loss, but I'm genuinely curious as to what others think is a win.

Comments

  • For me, it's judged on whether or not I used the killer's ability to the best of my ability to kill and pressure gens and the End match result, I.e Entity Displeased, etc.

  • 0 - 1 Kills = Loss

    2 Kills = Tie

    3 - 4 Kills = Victory

  • 4 stacks of BBQ + at least 30k Blood Points

  • When you're having fun it's always a win, but otherwise i'd say when i get more points because that means i used my power well and had enough survivor-killer interaction

  • If I can get at least 1 or 2 sacrifices, I consider that a win.

  • Its both getting a certain number of kills AND pipping...

  • TBH killer is mostly to ease grind for me. other than that, pipping. it's like 4 BBQ stacks or Pipping is like a 3k, and both is like a 4k

  • As long as the survivors have no chance of coming back (even if there are 4 left), and to even escape you have to farm and let them go, you've won.

  • Games are meant to be fun. Not having fun is a loss for me.

  • Whether or not I have fun in a match. If I don't, I consider it a loss. I don't care about gens (since they will get done), so I use Rancor + Nemesis to have a bit of fun.

    I try to stay in purple ranks for the next reset, and just mess around. If I kill them all, that is just what happens.

    It just seems to be pointless and frustrating to actually try when going against red ranks these days.

  • Personally, I think I'm able to tell whether or not my own performance was up to par and if it wasn't, well need more practice I guess. Kills are a pretty good reference, 2 kills is either a "tie" or just the "ideal end result" which I can be happy with and obviously anything above is good performance, anything below is underperformance.

    It's not the end all be all though, because I can get less than 2 kills but still have played really well (especially if I'm playing an extremely poor killer that's not good like the Clown). I could have gotten real close to the actual "win condition" for example 2 hooking everyone and having everybody on death hook, but just lacking the pressure to secure any kills at that point. That still might have been very close though, so I won't beat myself up too much over matches like that

  • As long as I get a rank progress mark im good, but I would most likely consider a win a 4 kill, to me its either that or a progress check.

  • 3 - 4 kills is a win in my opinion.