Why doesn't crotus prenn get more hate?
Because I loathe this map. It has all the same size problems as corn maps, but without the corn to mask your angle of approach. I don't mind how strong the actual asylum building is as a jungle gym full of pallets, but it definitely can make a frustrating game worse. I don't feel like I can do much to keep gens from going off across the map unless I play hillbilly or fred.
Comments
I agree with you, can't stand that map either. One thing that also bothers me are the stupid totems spawns like in a middle of the field, with nothing around it. I can't understand why somebody thought that was a good spot to "hide" a totem and I can't understand why crotus prenn asylum hasn't been reworked yet.
I don't like the building structure. It's a nice little hidey hole fot survivors. They sneak in and out like a shy spider. Swines!
disturbed ward is the strongest survivor map in the game, so everyone hates it.
while the church is somewhat balanced, unless the god window in the church spawn (only if basement is in shack).
Because people gave up? that map is preeeeetty old now and when you complain every day all the time for an entire year and nothign happens...well you just give up on it ever being fixed.
I like both versions of this map, both as a killer and survivor.
Better talk about Game, Lerys and especially Lab.
If you're not nurse or spirit, the main building is the last not-rng-based infinite in dbd. And it got a bunch of safe pallets on top. And several jungle gyms can spawn around the building. And the map is really big.
Totally fine num num.
Those maps are all interesting and unique in their design. Asylum is "what if red forest had a bigger house"
Maybe because the Crotus Penn (maybe except Father Campbell's Chapel) maps are actually good. The only complaint is the horrendous totem locations, but that's for topics regarding totems.
Only maps I see hate for are:
Autohaven Wreckers
- Map design is ridiculously bad, especially all the jungle gym locations being mostly on a small portion of the map.
Yamaoka Estate Maps
- Too dark apparently?
Léry's Memorial Institute
(Someone actually give me a valid reason people don't like this map aside from stealth killer advantages, unless THAT'S the issue)
Dead Dawg Saloon
- The community is pretty mixed with this map, given that the map looks incredible, but it's undeniable that it is the smallest map in the entire game.
Im a killer main and I actually do really well on this map
Auto Haven is not the best map but its not the worst either. I dont get to excited when I end up with this map.
Yamaoka estate is the absolute worst map in the game I hate this map.
Lerys Im starting to hate getting this map. When you vs really good survivors on this map its just hard to catch them. so many windows then a pallet then a window then a pallet. When you vs not godly survivors on the map its ok.
Dead dawg only played 3 times and its ok from what I played.
As killer i try always to ignore the central building by sacrificing her generator.
Fun fact: This is a good map for Ghostface: from the main building you can 99% stalk survivors on many generators.
Lab has the lowest escape rate of all maps. Sure, it is unique, but far from interesting and especially far from beeing ballanced.
Also, Crotus prenn and red forest are now where near compareable.
While Red Forest is the biggest map with over 12.000 m², Disturbed has barly more then 11.000 and Chapel not even 9.000m². Also the design is totally different.
Red Forest is actually a good point, this is a map that needs some overlook way more then Crotus in my opinion.
People actually hate reworked Lery's? There's so many alternating paths. Though more than a few walls feel like they need to be breakable.
But yeah, Crotus totally sucks. My totem was right next to a gen in the open and going into the rotunda is asking to be looped.
Agreed. The main building has a stupid amount of pallets. I still think that Haddonfield and Springfield are worse, though.