Oh FFS, fix grabs!
I'm like ~70 ping and grabs are still interrupted. 1 out of 10 works, the rest is bugged.
I'm like ~70 ping and grabs are still interrupted. 1 out of 10 works, the rest is bugged.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You can thank those WONDERFUL Dedicated Servers.
btw. I am looking forward to the next Archives which will include Grab-Challenges (most likely).
This was already buggy before dedicated servers. This bug came when they introduced spirit if I recall correctly. Since then never fixed.
get dedicated! i feel your pain
I only have problems with Grabs since Dedicated Servers. And the way it works (or not work, lol) is also different. Before I at least got a Hit when the Survivor managed to stand up before I grab them, now I dont even get that.
I didn’t get your problem until I played against a Kate this morning. Everyone else was fine but she had to have over 200 ping...
Running on the spot then suddenly she’d disappear and I could faintly make out her model running in the distance.
I was playing as Ghostface so pretty “grab” central there and I successfully did the grabby thing but I was stuck while she repaired the generator. For the entire match up until the doors were powered. She was sat on the gen even after it was completed and then pop, gone and my game returned to normal. Seconds afterwards she disconnected so I had no idea what was happening.
Yeah the grab issue has been ever since servers for me. You move to gen/totem grab, you start the animation, then the survivor just walks away and the animation abruptly stops. Seems to effect gen grabs the worst, window and pallet grabs are fairly reliable, yanno, if the survivor feeds them to you at least.
I hate this bug. When it happens, I’ll get frozen in place for a few seconds while the survivor runs off scott free. Which is pretty game breaking, especially when the killer being frozen in animation lets them finish a gen.
Grabs don't use the killer as the authority like how a normal Hit is done, it uses the server which can cuck you pretty hard. Tbh they need to change this to giving killer the authority on confirming a grab or not because the servers are very very unreliable in giving out grabs.
The grab cancels create ridiculous stalemates on hook saves and allow survivors to hug near finsihed gens without any fear knowing that the killer can't stop them. Its pretty bad.
Until the killer is made the authority on Grabs this will never change, it isn't just depended on your connection to the server, it is also the survivor you are trying to grab.