dc penalty

I totally understand why the penalty was implemented but you punish killers that are new because they are rank 17 with nothing but one or two general perks or the unique perks of the killer they use but they are getting teams that are all red ranks with meta builds and are getting stomped. If you truly wanted to keep new players you would figure out how to stop this. they dc because of this or are just plain old discouraged from playing because of the nonsense matchmaking throws their way. Why is this happening @Peanits

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • ikr dumb as hell

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    I totally understand why the penalty was implemented but you punish killers that are new because they are rank 17 with nothing but one or two general perks or the unique perks of the killer they use but they are getting teams that are all red ranks with meta builds and are getting stomped. If you truly wanted to keep new players you would figure out how to stop this. they dc because of this or are just plain old discouraged from playing because of the nonsense matchmaking throws their way. Why is this happening @Peanits

    where is your data to support that killers rank 17 and lower are dcing because they are getting stomped and new? i didn't even know how to d/c when i was new!

  • DC is for weak people... Why would anyone dc? it's just a game, you cant always win.

    Just play and relax.

  • @Remi1993 said:

    DC is for weak people... Why would anyone dc? it's just a game, you cant always win.

    Just play and relax.

    Im not saying I dc. ive definitely thought about it but I don't dc. Would you have fin with 3 gens done befor you caught someone??? Ive downed people quick and the gens are done. Then they have all these metas and are under the impression theyre up against a rank one killer. but at the end of the day a newbie wont have fun against this this would 100% discourage them and the ddevs seem not to care about it at all

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/137429/dc-penalty

    where is your data to support that killers rank 17 and lower are dcing because they are getting stomped and new? i didn't even know how to d/c when i was new!

    I never said there was data or that they do dc. But in case of they'll be penalized. could you imagine being a new player hopping on killer being a bby and going against someone like noob3 or ayrun or ussylis just examples. I wouldn't want to play anymore if that happened to me. Ive got 5000 hours so I can still deal with it. but im just pointing out these devs cater to the newbies but allow matchmaking like this

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1159097#Comment_1159097

    I never said there was data or that they do dc. But in case of they'll be penalized. could you imagine being a new player hopping on killer being a bby and going against someone like noob3 or ayrun or ussylis just examples. I wouldn't want to play anymore if that happened to me. Ive got 5000 hours so I can still deal with it. but im just pointing out these devs cater to the newbies but allow matchmaking like this

    this line says you know this is happening and why "they dc because of this or are just plain old discouraged from playing because of the nonsense matchmaking throws their way." the point of the dc penalty is to stop people from dcing. but guess what? you're looking for a way to remove the penalty to let others or yourself (not saying you would or not just throwing out all posibilities) can. I think there should be something that says why they can not queue up or something like that, but otherwise it's good over all.

  • Im new was rank 17 before the rest and the red and purple ranks are advanced training in my mind

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1159158#Comment_1159158

    this line says you know this is happening and why "they dc because of this or are just plain old discouraged from playing because of the nonsense matchmaking throws their way." the point of the dc penalty is to stop people from dcing. but guess what? you're looking for a way to remove the penalty to let others or yourself (not saying you would or not just throwing out all posibilities) can. I think there should be something that says why they can not queue up or something like that, but otherwise it's good over all.

    I know a lot of them that are dcing would you like me to have them record there games so I can show you??? Its happening whether I have data collected or not. People are fed up with this game and its sad cause its a beautiful concept and I don't think anyone should be worried if they're gonna face people double there skill level. Even if I said I know that wasn't the point of this post. The point was they supposedly want the new comers to enjoy the game when there's no way in hell they are going to do so with matchmaking the way it is

  • It sucks, but it's not really any different to a survivor DCing because they feel they're being tunneled or whatever.

    Balance and all of that doesn't matter, both are "ragequits" - players aren't having fun, so they bail. No matter how "justified" it might be in one way or another either all forms of ragequitting are okay, or none are.

  • DC penalties don't punish new players, they punish bad sports.

    It is indeed a problem for brand new players to be matched against veterans, but that issue has nothing to do with the disconnection penalties and will not be solved by removing them.

  • I’d like to see the ... talk the survivors said to the poor killer as I’m sure there was some

  • No killers been DCing over my way on PS4... Have had 1 since they added penalties. But although since they said it went down 35% or whatever since the penalties were implemented, I've got people DCing every other match now again like they don't care. But I'm just witnessing Survivors DC lately, even the crappy Killers I play against even stick it out and play because that's the only way to get better.

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    No killers been DCing over my way on PS4... Have had 1 since they added penalties. But although since they said it went down 35% or whatever since the penalties were implemented, I've got people DCing every other match now again like they don't care. But I'm just witnessing Survivors DC lately, even the crappy Killers I play against even stick it out and play because that's the only way to get better.

    im talkin on pc tho idk about ps4 bout xbox and pc is terrible imo

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's just that the devs don't want to admit that they have a really unbalanced game here. I enjoy playing it but half the time I'm ready to un-install. I am going to do it once Resident Evil 3 comes out. I cannot take this crap anymore.

    No one should have to stay in a match if they don't like how it's rigged.

    Let ppl DC, and have the game change the number of gens or something.

    If someone leaves during load, have it change the number of gens down to 3, or 2.

    DC penalty not needed.

    Better game programming needed.

    End report.

    i just feel like people DC because sometimes all you get to do is spawn in and get hooked immediately because the killer spawns on you and lays you out. Survivor perks can help you loop the killer but, along with occasional lag spikes suffered on survivor side and killer having advantages in almost every aspect I’d DC too. Yeah you get those crews of 4 that come in and communicate and win, but even then... just so many games i don’t appreciate the way I went down and it was undeserved. Or the times I vault through a window and get slammed only to turn around and see the killer on the other side. Why do you have such impeccable range? It just makes the game deflating when you don’t get as many chances as you should because the killer has advantages over you in every aspect. He’s bound to find someone so you have to balance it to get 2nd,3rd chances or whatever. It’s not like people can go through the whole thing and stealth all 5 gens. So that’s why 2nd and 3rd chance mechanics need to be in place. This is why I don’t agree with ebony Mori’s. Especially with how frequently they appear in killer bloodwebs.

  • @SurvivorsAreRuined said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1159468#Comment_1159468

    i just feel like people DC because sometimes all you get to do is spawn in and get hooked immediately because the killer spawns on you and lays you out. Survivor perks can help you loop the killer but, along with occasional lag spikes suffered on survivor side and killer having advantages in almost every aspect I’d DC too. Yeah you get those crews of 4 that come in and communicate and win, but even then... just so many games i don’t appreciate the way I went down and it was undeserved. Or the times I vault through a window and get slammed only to turn around and see the killer on the other side. Why do you have such impeccable range? It just makes the game deflating when you don’t get as many chances as you should because the killer has advantages over you in every aspect. He’s bound to find someone so you have to balance it to get 2nd,3rd chances or whatever. It’s not like people can go through the whole thing and stealth all 5 gens. So that’s why 2nd and 3rd chance mechanics need to be in place. This is why I don’t agree with ebony Mori’s. Especially with how frequently they appear in killer bloodwebs.

    you may go down quickly but that's one hook out of 3 you need to be hooked three times along with 3 other survivors for the killer to win. Each gen only takes 80 seconds to do 44 with two people I believe they go fast. If you loop a killer for two minutes then go down that could be 4 gens if each survivor does their own gen. also how do killers have an advantage. Ebonys are stupid af but keys are worse. keys literally give escapes that are not deserved at all. and to be fair I bring an ebony when I see a key. If youre bringing a key you don't care about my fun so I wont care about yours