Toolbox's

This is the worst update I've ever seen when it comes to items what are you going to do next to lose more survivors nerf perks or more items leave it the way it is bending over for killers who suck at this game and whine is just making you look bad helping cry baby snowflakes that want the game to be easier for them rather getting better them self's.

Comments

  • Welcome to the forum! Great first post. Remember, if you have any complaints you simply need to git good.

  • @Bongler said:

    This is the worst update I've ever seen when it comes to items what are you going to do next to lose more survivors nerf perks or more items leave it the way it is bending over for killers who suck at this game and whine is just making you look bad helping cry baby snowflakes that want the game to be easier for them rather getting better them self's.

    Actually, right now it's you making the rest of us look bad. Please note, that this is not the opinion of every survivor. I really don't mind the toolbox change to be honest, and it's okay not to like it. But can we stop with all this "crybaby" nonsense, because it honestly makes the person saying it seem like a child.

  • eh, toolboxes were pretty busted IMO. im fine with these changes.

  • Dead By Daylight: A game where both sides think the devs cater only to the other side.

  • @TAG said:

    Dead By Daylight: A game where both sides think the devs cater only to the other side.

    The developers cater to the survivors, fact.

  • They were way too strong, the fact it took this long for them to be looked at is funny in it's own right.

    They buffed sabo too which was pretty much useless except the full sabo troll squads which were flat out OP and their changes actually made those groups not quite a thing anymore. You can run the whole no mither squads but it's about as hard to escape that way as a normal match so it's fine.

    These changes as a whole actually inspire a little confidence in BHVR for me, they were well thought out and actually balance the game a lot more. I was skeptical I expected the sabo buffs to be too much and that new for the people perk to be busted but they have not been whatsoever.

  • See? Like clockwork. :)

  • Just like how the developers ######### in the fandom's mouth only for people like you to still defend them =)

  • @OtakuFreak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150685#Comment_1150685

    Just like how the developers ######### in the fandom's mouth only for people like you to still defend them =)

    Here we have a thread where both sides are claiming that the devs only cater to the other side. :P

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150686#Comment_1150686

    Here we have a thread where both sides are claiming that the devs only cater to the other side. :P

    K

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150686#Comment_1150686

    Here we have a thread where both sides are claiming that the devs only cater to the other side. :P

    It would almost be funny if it weren't sad.

  • @Bongler said:

    This is the worst update I've ever seen when it comes to items what are you going to do next to lose more survivors nerf perks or more items leave it the way it is bending over for killers who suck at this game and whine is just making you look bad helping cry baby snowflakes that want the game to be easier for them rather getting better them self's.

    I mean, they did nerf Ruin into the ground because survivors couldn't hit skill checks, so. . . whatcha mean 'bending over for killers?'

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/136301/toolboxs

    Actually, right now it's you making the rest of us look bad. Please note, that this is not the opinion of every survivor. I really don't mind the toolbox change to be honest, and it's okay not to like it. But can we stop with all this "crybaby" nonsense, because it honestly makes the person saying it seem like a child.

    You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to my observation why nerf items now after them being like this for soo long unless people were complaining about it

  • @Bongler said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150617#Comment_1150617

    You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to my observation why nerf items now after them being like this for soo long unless people were complaining about it

    I know, which is why i said its okay to not like it. I just don't see the need for childish language. Doesn't really make anybody take you seriously, especially not a dev.

  • @Auron471 said:

    eh, toolboxes were pretty busted IMO. im fine with these changes.

    Are you a killer main?

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150712#Comment_1150712

    I know, which is why i said its okay to not like it. I just don't see the need for childish language. Doesn't really make anybody take you seriously, especially not a dev.

    I'm just upset getting off work wanting to play and spent money for two more chapters the new one being one of them then seeing that toolbox is pretty close to useless for gen repairing and that all the add ons for the most part are now sabotage add ons now is really irritating and purple key is only 5 second use the but the green broken key is 10 sec sabotage takes 4 second or so to brake hook for 25 seconds when survivors start taking advantage of that then killers are going to be upset I play both killer and survivors I just play more survivor because I have people that play this as well I just see this as a failed attempt at making the game balanced

  • Lmao Fresh account it's a troll guys.

  • @Bongler said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150721#Comment_1150721

    I'm just upset getting off work wanting to play and spent money for two more chapters the new one being one of them then seeing that toolbox is pretty close to useless for gen repairing and that all the add ons for the most part are now sabotage add ons now is really irritating and purple key is only 5 second use the but the green broken key is 10 sec sabotage takes 4 second or so to brake hook for 25 seconds when survivors start taking advantage of that then killers are going to be upset I play both killer and survivors I just play more survivor because I have people that play this as well I just see this as a failed attempt at making the game balanced

    I can understand frustration. To be fair it doesn't bother me quite so much because I rarely bring toolboxes or keys, it tends to be an invitation to smack me upside the head and face camp me. Does make me laugh a little when its a puny brown toolbox most of the time! I get for someone who might utilize them more it can be something of a pain. Honestly though, just look at it as an excuse to play around with different perks or different methods of play. I know it isn't the answer you want but only the devs can really do that. The only advice i can really give is to remember its just a game and it is possible to adapt. And if you don't feel like it, just take a break for a wee while :)

  • Never had the need to get on here and yes it's a new account just made it to voice my opinion on this matter and will continue to do so

  • @Bongler said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150721#Comment_1150721

    I'm just upset getting off work wanting to play and spent money for two more chapters the new one being one of them then seeing that toolbox is pretty close to useless for gen repairing and that all the add ons for the most part are now sabotage add ons now is really irritating and purple key is only 5 second use the but the green broken key is 10 sec sabotage takes 4 second or so to brake hook for 25 seconds when survivors start taking advantage of that then killers are going to be upset I play both killer and survivors I just play more survivor because I have people that play this as well I just see this as a failed attempt at making the game balanced

    Just some information to you (for free this one time only) sabo takes 2.5 seconds, don't require skill checks, leaves a hook disabled for 30 seconds and negates the ability from the Killer to hook while performing the Sabotage action.

    Toolboxes speeds to repair generator have been increased to compensate for the loss of charges, and repairing with a toolbox now gives a higher chance to trigger skill checks.

    Purple Keys are supposed to be used for the hatch opening action and less about aura reading, Green Keys don't interact with Hatch so the aura reading ability is more focused than the purple one.

  • @Bongler said:

    This is the worst update I've ever seen when it comes to items what are you going to do next to lose more survivors nerf perks or more items leave it the way it is bending over for killers who suck at this game and whine is just making you look bad helping cry baby snowflakes that want the game to be easier for them rather getting better them self's.

    What? Toolboxes got a huge buff. What are you talking about? And who cares if you lose addons. Get more in the bloodweb.

  • Hahaha really it's to easy escape from the killers and genrush is too strong and u say that this game helps the killers hahaha

  • Toolbox's arguably haven't been nerfed tho. I haven't played much of update especially with queue times but new changes should allow you to put strategic pressure on one or two gens and get them done much quicker rather a slight speed boost on doing 4-5 gens. And usually as survivor you'll do individually 1 or 2 gens unless your team is bread dead.

    If a killer wants to protect a specific gen, you're now individually a much greater threat with your toolbox than before.

    If you co-ordinate toolbox use and play in an SWF then this should be quite strong.

  • Survivor main. Brown toolboxes weren’t broken, but using higher tier boxes made gems ZOOOOM

  • I just bring medkits now, much more effective at helping me throughout the match

  • @Bongler said:

    This is the worst update I've ever seen when it comes to items what are you going to do next to lose more survivors nerf perks or more items leave it the way it is bending over for killers who suck at this game and whine is just making you look bad helping cry baby snowflakes that want the game to be easier for them rather getting better them self's.

    I agree with you they messed up the damn game. What is the point for even having tool boxes? You went from 100+ or 80 charges to 12 or 16? With 1 purple box and 1 person helping me my box ran out on 1 quarter of a gen. Like 85% of the time i have to turn on 2/3 gens by myself just to have a chance to escape. Not everyone works on Gens when they are doing rift challenges or weekly challenges. They are so worried about sabotages i barely ever see anyone sabotaging hooks anyways unless they are doing a challenge

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/136301/toolboxs

    Hahaha this is the best reaction I could've hoped for. You survivors are insanely entitled. Imagine not realizing the irony here. Toolboxes CLEARLY make the game way easier for survivors but somehow you're twisting it around in your head that this is about "bending over for killers who suck at this game." When really that's what toolboxes are. They're for survivors that need a crutch to do gens that are already insanely fast without items. Ruin was nerfed and gens only take 80 seconds to complete with 1 person working on the generator. Boo hoo. Who cares if there's a few survivors that quit playing? There's already too many of you entitled children anyway.

    Entitled I think not just saying this change was stupid killers have add-ons and perks to reduce effectiveness of items and detect survivors on gens now if I was entitled I would of said remove those but I didn't the main thing I use as a survivor is a toolbox because of horrible random teammates that dont repair gens on average I repair 3 of the 5 myself and that's why this is a stupid update

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153166#Comment_1153166

    You said that this change to toolboxes is because bad killers need help...when a much easier argument could be made that toolboxes are for bad survivors that need help, and that is much more logical. You don't need toolboxes but it seems like you're arguing that you do...which is the very definition of entitlement. Need I remind you the massive hit Ruin took? I play survivor in Red ranks. I NEVER use toolboxes. I have like 50 Commodius saved up. I use Medkits mainly and Maps. Occasionally flashlights. I have zero problem getting gens done, especially since Ruin is very niche now and rarely effective, especially if you just stack gens or never get off of them.

    You're making this about "horrible random teammates." What about the killer that has to face a skilled 4 man team that are all carrying toolboxes and Prove Thyself? That killer stands almost zero chance, but that doesn't concern you because you're just mad about playing solo survivor. You don't care about the actual balance of the game because once again, you don't care about the experience of other players, or the killer role, you're a survivor and you just want YOUR solo experience to be smooth and easy. I would seriously suggest just stop playing solo then and play with at least one friend, or go on the section of this forum where you can find people to play with. You can't base balance decisions on this game solely based off of solo survivor. Playing solo is tough, and everybody knows that, and that's why that can't dictate whether or not toolboxes belong in the game. Honestly dude, I'd seriously take a step back and reevaluate your perspective because it really does come off like you don't care about anybody's point of view but your own.

    I play killer and survivor toolboxes never really affected my game play as a killer yes it made me work harder for gen rush but that is all and that's why I said my initial statement because I play both and as a killer toolboxes weren't an issue and I hear what your saying and I continue to say I dont agree with you and accusing me of not caring about others point of view is a false statement just because I dont agree with you and I could turn around and say the same of you but I wont everyone can have their own opinion you have yours and i have mine